Liar
Townie
Liar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Liar »

All right.
So when I asked you to give an example where Name Claims worked, you gave me an example of where you were able to easily defeat a Name Claim.

And so when you initially proposed a mass name you knew that it wasn't going to work.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

No
WE DIDNT mass nameclaim on D1
had we, it would have worked
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

THERE ARE TOO MANY IDIOTS IN THIS GAME
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Liar
Liar
Townie
Liar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Liar »

Umbrage wrote: 1) He pushes de mass name claim wit no good reason. Scum makin' up fake claims we can't prove are fake claims is not a good reason to be a'claimin.
2) He calls me town 'cause I agreed wit him. Not good logic dere.
3) He says dat he'd like ta say NC is scum 'cause he didn't agree wit 'im. There's no udder reason he gives for dat.
4) He won't answer NC's questions.
5) He lets the MC issue drop witout mooch complaint. Dis is scummy 'cause it shows he don't care mooch aboot it.
Just wondering, why is bad logic scummy?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Umbrage »

chesskid3 wrote:afafuiajfaodsfjaijdfoasjdfaodsjfafd

MC on D1 forces scum to PICK A CLAIM
then
when we have flips
if a claim looks REALLY REALLY OUT OF LINE WITH ALL THE FLIPS
BYE BYE SCUM
JESUS
HOW IS THIS HARD

no townread but not scumread---->nullread duh.

Also I really don't care if you think I'm scum or not, because you're a goddamn VI
chesskid3 wrote:It's not even about lynching based on the claims
:?:

So... let me git dis straight...

Yer sayin' dat we should all claim, not lynch people based on dere claims, wait until we 'ave a few dead, and THEN lynch people based on dere claims? And meanwhile the scum 'ave everyone's role name and can work on filtering the PRs from the townies?

And you say I'M a VI?
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm done with you.
you're stupid
Liar
Liar
Townie
Liar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Liar »

chesskid3 wrote:No
Why is D1 and D2 for nameclaims different?
Can't you nameclaim last during D1 also?

Secondly how do you know that Mafia will nameclaim similar things?
Suppose that Scum A nameclaims Captain Pickles, and the other claims Captain Jones. How will the flip of Scum A lead us to pick out Captain Jones?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

we massclaimed on like day 4 or some shit with 3 people alive.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

example
Jack sparrow is probably an autoinclude/who is going to doubt that claim
if scum is claiming last on d4 at mc
claim jacksparrow
win
if we do it d1 they probably wont get to claim last and so won't get to get free towncred with a nice fakeclaim
Liar
Liar
Townie
Liar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Liar »

chesskid3 wrote:example
claim jacksparrow
win
if we do it d1 they probably wont get to claim last and so won't get to get free towncred with a nice fakeclaim
AurorusVox wrote:
Umbrage wrote: We could hope there's a rolename CC but if PranaGames aren't having names related to role, then I don't see why scum would need to fakeclaim in the first place.
Liar wrote: Name claiming is silly. Suppose I claim that I am Captain Redbeard. There is an incredibly high chance that no one else in the game will be Captain Redbeard. There would be no guarantee that I did not lie.
If you seriously believe that having a nice sounding name means you are town why haven't you claimed yet?
Liar
Liar
Townie
Liar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Liar »

EBWOP
Liar wrote:
claim jacksparrow
win
AurorusVox wrote: We could hope there's a rolename CC but if PranaGames aren't having names related to role, then I don't see why scum would need to fakeclaim in the first place.
Liar wrote: Name claiming is silly. Suppose I claim that I am Captain Redbeard. There is an incredibly high chance that no one else in the game will be Captain Redbeard. There would be no guarantee that I did not lie.
If you seriously believe that having a nice sounding name means you are town why haven't you claimed yet?[/quote]
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Nexus wrote:I didn't say that because he was writing in a pirate accent it made him a pirate and so scummy, I meant that writing in a pirate accent makes it harder to read, which is distracting and scummy.
I find it fairly easy to read. if he uses more obscure pirate lingo I could understand but how exactly does it distract the town? Even if it does take longer to understand, how does it distract town?
Umbridge wrote:I's da one dats bin talkin in de accent!
I know you are. Congrats?
Umbrage wrote:Dis post is lookin mighty suspishus ta me! 'Ow 'ould ye know dat de scum were given der fakeclaims?
Please notice that I said probably. I do not know but judging from the flavor, its a fairly safe bet that scum
probably
either have fakeclaims or town sounding roles.

Actually, I would like to retract this statement after realizing that this is a pirates in general themed game instead of a PotC themed game >.>
AV wrote:Also I be forwardin the motion that instead of "Finger of Suspicion", people should use "Hook of Suspicion"
I second this motion.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

erm
hang on
I have a role from PotC too
>_<
anyone want to volunteer as having a role NOT from PoTC?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Throwing this out there to avoid future confusion:
Me wrote:Please notice that I said probably. I do not know but judging from the flavor, its a fairly safe bet that scum probably either have fakeclaims or town sounding roles.
If this is a PotC themed game, this statement stands. Otherwise, I retract this statement
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

if scum have fakeclaims
why so much objection to MC?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Umbrage »

Liar wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:No
Why is D1 and D2 for nameclaims different?
Can't you nameclaim last during D1 also?

Secondly how do you know that Mafia will nameclaim similar things?
Suppose that Scum A nameclaims Captain Pickles, and the other claims Captain Jones. How will the flip of Scum A lead us to pick out Captain Jones?
QFT
claim jacksparrow
win
Actually, I would doubt a Jack Sparrow claim, simply because it's way too obvious. And if there is a Jack Sparrow character, I'd doubt he'd be a VT. So scum would have to claim a PR as well.

Here's the problem with finding alignment from names: we're pirates. I'm willing to bet each one of us has a name that promotes villainy of some sort. Long John Silver could be pro-town, and Jack Sparrow scum. I really don't see any reason for scum to fake-claim in the first place.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:45 am

Post by Umbrage »

@ Aurorus Vox:

Are you voting for me simply because I based my support for a mass claim on the reactions of other players?

That's just stupid.

The entire point of an early mass claim is to catch scum off guard.
Shadow wrote:Terrible.
Nexus wrote:No, Chesskid.
You don't think that's just a TAD scummy? Not even stopping to consider the benefits?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Nexus »

I know PranaDevil's theme games. I've played them before. I know that names have no bearing on anything.

Elizabeth Swann was a traitor in the last game he ran. Generally, names make jack difference.
Trans rights are human rights.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:19 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Umbrage: I am voting you because you don't want to give an opinion about massclaim at a relatively early point in the game, which looks to be hyperdefensive. You say you wanted to discuss it, but the fact is you didn't discuss it (the benefits or otherwise) until I pushed you to do so. I don't like how you've tried to say Chess OMGUS'd either, when he actually said he thought you were town (and it was only later that he revoked it to a null read)

"Oh look at how scummy this what he did is!" no, I'll look at what you've done that's scummy thanks. I don't like your reaction to the vote so far, so it'll stay.

Yarr.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:20 am

Post by AurorusVox »

*because you
didn't
want...
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

chess wrote:if scum have fakeclaims
why so much objection to MC?
If scum have fakeclaims then best case scenario-it doesn't change anything and just wastes time, worst case scenario-Town claims an anti-town sounding name and gets lynched for it or it causes confusion.
Nexus wrote:I know PranaDevil's theme games. I've played them before. I know that names have no bearing on anything.

Elizabeth Swann was a traitor in the last game he ran. Generally, names make jack difference.
Avoiding my questions I see...
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Umbrage »

AurorusVox wrote:Umbrage: I am voting you because you don't want to give an opinion about massclaim at a relatively early point in the game, which looks to be hyperdefensive.
No, me did give me opinion: I was fer it at first, den I saw dat dere wasn't mooch o' a case fer it 'appenin'. chesskid3 was actin' more scummy den Nexus an' Shadow. I tought aboot it, an' decided it would prob'ly 'elp scum more den town. I's always been givin' me reasons fer tings.
AurorusVox wrote:You say you wanted to discuss it, but the fact is you didn't discuss it (the benefits or otherwise) until I pushed you to do so.
'Ave you bin readin' da same game I'm readin'? I done nuthin' but talk aboot da mass claim since page 2!
AurorusVox wrote:I don't like how you've tried to say Chess OMGUS'd either, when he actually said he thought you were town (and it was only later that he revoked it to a null read)
Read da tread a'gain. 'E said dat I lost me town read after I attacked 'im. Dat's OMGUS. An' he only said null after I said t'was OMGUS.
AurorusVox wrote:"Oh look at how scummy this what he did is!" no, I'll look at what you've done that's scummy thanks. I don't like your reaction to the vote so far, so it'll stay.
What? Am I not sa'post ta defend meself? What 'reaction' is scummy 'ere zactly?

You're sayin' I'm scummy fer findin' udder people's reactions scummy. Dis implies dat you tink Nexus 'n Shadow are town. Is dis true?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Nexus »

Oh, I missed your question.

It's just distracting because it's harder to read. Much like typin lyk dis iz also distraktin bcuz it m8ks it hrder 2 understand wutz going on.

It does to me, anyway.
Trans rights are human rights.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:23 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Umbrage wrote:No, me did give me opinion: I was fer it at first, den I saw dat dere wasn't mooch o' a case fer it 'appenin'. chesskid3 was actin' more scummy den Nexus an' Shadow. I tought aboot it, an' decided it would prob'ly 'elp scum more den town. I's always been givin' me reasons fer tings.

'Ave you bin readin' da same game I'm readin'? I done nuthin' but talk aboot da mass claim since page 2!
No. You gave your opinion on the other players and used that to decide whether or not massclaim was a good thing. My argument is that you hadn't, until I pointed it out, argued what merits you saw in massclaim (in a contextless, generic way). Your opinion was always by proxy of how other people were acting and what their opinion was. It was impossible to trace what YOU thought was.
Umbrage wrote:Read da tread a'gain. 'E said dat I lost me town read after I attacked 'im. Dat's OMGUS. An' he only said null after I said t'was OMGUS.
chesskid3, #88 wrote:I'm still having trouble seeing Umbrage scum though, even with all the misrep.
Would you, as scum, attack someone with an early townread on you?
Umbrage, #89 wrote:^ OMGUS
?

Umbrage, #89 wrote:What? Am I not sa'post ta defend meself? What 'reaction' is scummy 'ere zactly?
You seemed hyperdefensive. The OMGUS was a good example of this - Chess still saw you as town when you accused him of it! And you've now started trying to smear other people instead of defending yourself when it became clear I wasn't letting it drop.
Umbrage, #89 wrote:You're sayin' I'm scummy fer findin' udder people's reactions scummy. Dis implies dat you tink Nexus 'n Shadow are town. Is dis true?
No, it doesn't automatically imply that. There's no reason a scummy person can't find legitimate scummy reactions, and on the other side of the coin, its too early to be giving out townreads.

But in this specific example: you yourself now agree with the idea that Chess asking for a massclaim was a bad idea. If massclaim is a bad idea, why are you criticising these people for saying so immediately? I don't think it's helpful, but I don't think it's awful. I think peoples' reactions to massclaim as an idea are null.

Yarr.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Umbrage »

OK, we're getting to the end of page 5 now, so I guess it's time for me to post reads. I think chesskid3 and Nexus are scummy. The rest could go either way, I have gut reads on them, but nothing solid so I'll let it pass for now.

chesskid3: Comes up with a mass name claim idea out of the blue, and can't follow up with good reasoning for it. Lashes out at players who question him. His reads are determined by who agrees with him.

Nexus: Has contributed nothing useful thus far. Attempted to shoot down the MC idea quickly. Doesn't like 'distractions'. Votes for AV when he meant to vote for me. The impression I get is of someone trying to control the game without getting too involved. By saying 'that's distracting, stop it' and little else, he can easily pass for town without sticking his neck out too far.

I still like my vote on chesskid3. We need more people in here. IS, Jedo, smargaret, this means you. Get back in here and post.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”