Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

KitMo wrote:I'm unconvinced that this isn't just an excuse to active lurk.
Actually it's Robo's MO to lurk as scum. First game I played with him he claimed to have forget about the game then came back when he was run up, the second I was hydra'ing with him as scum and he didn't make a single game related post.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Tuniogen wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:
Lateralus22 wrote:your thoughts on Beefster-scum plz.
Haven't played with Beefster in awhile but he always seems prime for scum to attack for a D1 mislynch. Your discrepancy catch is a good one and Beefster is crawling up my list of scum. But I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.
Doesn't make him immune from being scum either.
Obviously not.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Lateralus22 wrote:
KitMo wrote:I'm unconvinced that this isn't just an excuse to active lurk.
Actually it's Robo's MO to lurk as scum. First game I played with him he claimed to have forget about the game then came back when he was run up, the second I was hydra'ing with him as scum and he didn't make a single game related post.
:wink:
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by ortiz1193 »

Request Replacement

I feel like a douche for this, but it's the first game I've ever replaced out of so I'll get over it. I honestly can't keep up with this game so I'll nip it in the bud before I screw the town out of a slot to read. I've got finals this week and if I put this game off longer than tomorrow I'll end up 50 pages behind at the rate this is going.

I singled out THB first because I've played with both of them a ton and thought I'd be able to get a good read on them. Not sure if I'm confident the slot is scum or not, but I don't like the reactions to my points/questions. THB pretty much just dismissed them and made remarks to get out of it. Hopefully you guys will pay attention to them.

Sorry everyone. :( Good luck.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Parama »

Stop spoilering text.
This is illegal.

Spoiler: Click
So is this.

Day 1 Vote Count #5

[5] ShadoWolf
- Exe, Yasuda, Lady Lambdadelta, CupcakePanda, Fate
[4] Exe
- TwoHeadedBoy, Tuniogen, mongoose, Beefster
[2] Fate
- Scott Brosius, themanhimself
[2] Rena
- Mafuyu, Llamarble
[1] Ellibereth
- ShadoWolf
[1] TwoHeadedBoy
- ortiz1193
[1] Robocopter87
- KitoMo
[1] Scott Brosius
- Ellibereth
[1] Tuniogen
- Rena
[1] Beefster
- Lateralus22
[0] CupcakePanda
-
[0] Lateralus22
-
[0] Lady Lambdadelta
-
[0] Llamarble
-
[0] Mafuyu
-
[0] Yasuda
-
[0] KitoMo
-
[0] mongoose
-
[0] themanhimself
-
[0] ortiz1193
-

Not Voting: Robocopter87

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline for Day 1 is on 1/25/11 at 8:30 PM CST

Looking for a replacement for ortiz1193.
Last edited by Parama on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
ShadoWolf
ShadoWolf
Townie
ShadoWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by ShadoWolf »

Lateralus22 wrote:#98 (TwoHeadedBoy): I have no idea why you think Shado's frustrated at all. He seems like a pretty calm submissive butterfly .
A what?

Love that post though, that's the sort of content filled post that I want from others.
Scott Brosius wrote:As for 111, whatever people do strange things at the beginning of games. Voting for NL is null to me as I mentioned earlier.
Then why did you vote me?
ShadoWolf wrote:
Yasuda wrote:Funny thing I noticed in my Skimathon 2011:
ShadoWolf wrote:Holy shit. I go to bed and there's now a whole new thread with 40 posts.

Vote: No Lynch
until I get some scumreads
ShadoWolf wrote:However, I'm
not too sure on any of these reads
being concrete, as this is only D1.
Emphasis mine. Now, I'm not sure what you make of it, Shado, but this to me looks like, well, to be obvious, using scumreads as a reason and then dismissing them anyway. Just saying.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I used lack of scumreads to place a NL vote, then I said that the scumreads I have are shaky because it's only D1. What point are you trying to make?
The point I'm trying to make is that you are discounting your scumreads somewhat because it's day one, while you used the excuse of gathering scumreads to place a NL vote ON DAY ONE. To simplify it even further, you wanted to get valid scumreads, and then, in the same day, said scumreads couldn't be trusted because it was the first day. Sounds totally legit.
You're misunderstanding me/taking things out of context. I placed a NL vote because I didn't have scumreads. When asked for scumreads, after 5 or 6 pages of productive discussion where I began to gather scumreads, I gave my scumreads to everyone. However, being that they were my initial scumreads, I was unsure of the solidity of my reads, and thus put a disclaimer there.

A couple of ISOs in the next post.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

ShadoWolf wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:As for 111, whatever people do strange things at the beginning of games. Voting for NL is null to me as I mentioned earlier.
Scott Brosius wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:So essentially, you threw out an NL to passively lurk, under the cover of "waiting to find a scum read"?
No, not at all, I did it because in previous threads I've been in I've had a tendency to lurk, and I certainly didn't want to be accused of doing that in this game. It appears to have shown that I'm in this game anyway, even if now many people suspect me. :lol:
You "certainly" don't want to be accused of doing that this game? Why are you insinuating that in this game its more important for you to not appear as if you are lurking?

Unvote
Vote: ShadoWolf
If you took the time to read where I voted you, you would see.

Anyway, Fate is posting in other games, ignoring this one posting poetry etc.

Fate you have 24 hours to post to my satisfaction in this game (not poetry) before I dayvig you. Yes that is a claim.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Llamarble »

A player defending fine without giving off scum or town tells means I haven't seem aspects of their play making it much more likely they're of one alignment vs. the other. The bit about lining up lynches was explaining I don't think that makes sense as a scumtell early in the game.

I'm pretty sure I never accused Shado of being scum on account of his NL vote, so I don't see where the double standard is there.

I still want Tunio to explain their 80% townread on Elli off of such minimal information.

Dayvig is interesting. Who do we think he should shoot?
I don't recommend Fate since from my experience Fatetown is very valuable. I'd prefer someone scummier and lessuseful.
ShadoWolf
ShadoWolf
Townie
ShadoWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by ShadoWolf »

Lateralus22 wrote:your thoughts on Beefster-scum plz.
Why, thanks for asking. Let's look, shall we?

Beefster ISO 2k11#35: Just a welcome post, nothing to say here.
#62: Inquires about vote changing in RVS (Spoiler alert, it's called RVS for a reason!), comments on the PR (Which he knows is self imposed), and places a vote on me to pressure me to remove my NL vote.
#63: Implies that I am trying to make excuses for something that hasn't happened yet.
#79: Tells me basically the same thing as Tuni did, about playing better.
#110: Refutes a point from THB about LLD being called out on something. Possible Chainsaw Defence?
#112: Places his vote on Elli, as a pressure vote. Could be a wagon hop over to someone he sees as a better potential lynch, but as the wagon didn't pick up great support, this can't really be proved.
#113: Calls Exe cavalier, and defends Exe and LLD from THB.
#155: Direct question here, how were my actions scummy enough to warrant a lynch? In your own words, you voted me for my NL. You didn't provide a "he's scummy, this is why" reason yourself. Your vote seemed quite "why not" to me.
#158: Not much to say here, really just here for completeness.
#160: Ah, the one everyone's talking about. This is a standard scumtrick, Vote for a townie, FoS a scumbuddy. He's just done them in different posts to each other to avoid suspicion. That's how it looks to me, anyway.
#237: Continues to attack Exe, could be bussing, or could be town-motivated. I'm not sure either way at this point.
#244: Nice logic, but you haven't actually interrogated the player you voted. At all.
#245: Old news.
#246: And he votes Exe, after tunnelling on him for a while. No reason provided.
#259: Old news.
#265: Hypocritical of him. I'd like a reason for the Exe vote, other than "he's playing too aggressively for my liking."
#295: You disliked the wagon pushing (of a wagon you supported) so much, that you voted the man pushing the wagon?

My thoughts: I think he's quite scummy. He's not my main priority yet, however.

This guy's worth more of a look, in my eyes:
[area="Robocopter ISO 2k11; Or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Lack The Content]#12: Welcome post. Votes the mod. +Stylepoints.
#82: Fluffier than Cotton Candy. Forgiveable here, as not much has happened by this point.
#115: Fluff. As he said.
#116: Lrn2RolePM.
#118: You just said you can't scumhunt, as nothing happens until a foothold is gained.
#159: Subtly pushes my lynch, but forgiveable, because, finally, some sort of content! :D (Even if it is one line, and a question.)
#178: Addresses the same issues as last post, so no real content here.
#221: "Shy and refined"? "Deal with it"? Contradict yourself more. Pushes Exe for an answer, so still remaining on the same issue, not drumming up new content.
#223: More of the same.
#273: I liked that bit where you posted content. Oh, wait.
#302: <_<[/area]
VOTE: Robocopter87

Preview Edit:
Llamarble wrote:I'd prefer someone scummier and lessuseful.
Like FateScum?
Tuniogen
Tuniogen
Goon
Tuniogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Tuniogen »

Llamarble wrote:A player defending fine without giving off scum or town tells means I haven't seem aspects of their play making it much more likely they're of one alignment vs. the other. The bit about lining up lynches was explaining I don't think that makes sense as a scumtell early in the game.

I'm pretty sure I never accused Shado of being scum on account of his NL vote, so I don't see where the double standard is there.

I still want Tunio to explain their 80% townread on Elli off of such minimal information.

Dayvig is interesting. Who do we think he should shoot?
I don't recommend Fate since from my experience Fatetown is very valuable. I'd prefer someone scummier and lessuseful.
Robocopter would make a good vig shot.

Maybe the person posting in backwards crap?

Eh I should read more thoroughly before I make more suggestions. But yeah Robocopter is PE1.

-slaxx
Show
Tun - Tungsten
io - Iodine
gen - Nitrogen

Anyone with knowledge of the periodic table can work out the rest. :)
Tuniogen
Tuniogen
Goon
Tuniogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Tuniogen »

Also does this day vig confirm scott as town? If so, this is very good. It would help me out a bit.
Show
Tun - Tungsten
io - Iodine
gen - Nitrogen

Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Mafuyu »

Tuniogen wrote:Also does this day vig confirm scott as town? If so, this is very good. It would help me out a bit.
Depends how much flavor is given. Scum have day powers as well, and Mafuyu's not paid enough attention in the pregame to note if any were dayvigs (though Day Poisoner looks to be similar). If it is an autoclear, Mafuyu would be confused as to why he would do so, seeing as how the odds are technically unfavorable and the results wouldn't necessarily provide any correlations, what with Fate being Fate.

Unvote Rena, Vote Shadowolf

He seems to keep coming off as the type to rely on momentum to push/break cases. It feels like opportunism to Mafuyu, though Mafuyu's admittedly not much for ISO walls. They never seem to prove much unless a glaring contradiction is shown, and can just as easily cloak scum relations.
Guh. The words.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Scum have day powers? Why do you know this?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Mafuyu »

The front page has a role called
Day
Poisoner? It seems like a logical leap to assume that it's a day power.
Guh. The words.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Mafuyu wrote: and
Mafuyu's not paid enough attention in the pregame to note if any were dayvigs
(though Day Poisoner looks to be similar). If it is an autoclear, Mafuyu would be confused as to why he would do so, seeing as how the odds are technically unfavorable and the results wouldn't necessarily provide any correlations, what with Fate being Fate.
I know the front page has that role. You said the bolded above however. Which means you didn't read the front page, yet you knew about that scum role. I find that interesting.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
KitoMo
KitoMo
Townie
KitoMo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by KitoMo »

Scott Brosius wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:So essentially, you threw out an NL to passively lurk, under the cover of "waiting to find a scum read"?
No, not at all, I did it because in previous threads I've been in I've had a tendency to lurk, and I certainly didn't want to be accused of doing that in this game. It appears to have shown that I'm in this game anyway, even if now many people suspect me. :lol:
You "certainly" don't want to be accused of doing that this game? Why are you insinuating that in this game its more important for you to not appear as if you are lurking?

Unvote
Vote: ShadoWolf
If you took the time to read where I voted you, you would see.

Anyway, Fate is posting in other games, ignoring this one posting poetry etc.

Fate you have 24 hours to post to my satisfaction in this game (not poetry) before I dayvig you. Yes that is a claim.
Not sure I like this post.

Mafuyu: Yes, mafia have a dayvig (it's called assassin ftr)

Also, I endorse my other head's vote.
~Kit
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

Mafia Assassin is their version of the Dayvig, and it was confirmed in the sign up topic, and Scott isn't shooting Fate. (IGMEOY Scott)

There are no confirmable Town roles in this game as Scum have their versions of the same powers as well.

Scum have a governor, a neighbor, a day killer, a cop, a bus driver, and pretty much everything town has. Do not trap yourself into believing anyone is confirmed solely from claiming a normally town role.

The backwards posting thing was Kats idea for sparking up some humor (which apparently didn't go over well). As I mentioned earlier, Kat wanted to post in all smileys, and I kinda gave a big frownie on that idea, but pretending to have a posting restriction does not scum make, it just makes us annoying.

Kat mentioned to me that Exe should be on our suspicions list, so I will attempt to reread later and see if I can build on that case.

-Panda
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Well I am shooting Fate if nothing changes. I will shoot who I feel is scummy. For you to say I'm not going to shoot Fate is delusional. Also you conveniently ignored this.
Scott Brosius wrote:
CupcakePanda wrote:Scott jumping onto us with such a quick vote is interesting and worth noting. I don't recall townscott being to votehappy.
Where did I jump on you?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

That was Kat, I have no idea why that was said, but I have a sneaking suspicion Kat isn't really paying a lot of attention to this game or just flying by the seat of his pants (though I too haven't been paying a lot of attention, so not all fault can be on Kat). Looking back the only vote we got was from theman for fake posting restrictions. I wouldn't even call it interesting or even worth noting too. It's a baseless vote for not being scummy, but being stupid.

And I am serious that you are not going to shoot Fate. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean that you can up and shoot someone for being silly, stupid, or both. I personally know that Fate is playing at the very minimum 4 games at the moment, and probably more I don't know about. At the moment, I have no reason to suspect Fate simply for not posting in this topic other than poems, and you have no basis to shoot him over it. I assume, if you are telling the truth, your kill probably expires today or soon, and you are afraid that you may not get it back for a while (or at all given how much pressure you have been getting). That doesn't give mean you should use it, it just means you lose it for now, and this early in the game, that's probably for the better.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Beefster »

ShadoWolf wrote:#155: Direct question here, how were my actions scummy enough to warrant a lynch? In your own words, you voted me for my NL. You didn't provide a "he's scummy, this is why" reason yourself. Your vote seemed quite "why not" to me.
They were the same reasons as everyone else, essentially. (I wasn't going to say the same reasons at the time; it's not much better than QFT and calling it good) I agreed for the most part and it was my first non-random vote. There wasn't a whole lot of reasoning behind it at the time.

@Mafuyu: the poisoner kills the night after it's used. It's not a day power. (This is common knowledge. It's on the Wiki.)
Your odd statement has been noted.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Beefster »

@Mafuyu: Never mind about my comment. For some reason, I missed the bolded "Day" part.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Tuniogen
Tuniogen
Goon
Tuniogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Tuniogen »

Would definitely support a Fate shooting at this point.

Richard.
Show
Tun - Tungsten
io - Iodine
gen - Nitrogen

TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

TwoHeadedBoy (287) wrote:@Lat: Post 160 (Beefster) is a good catch. ... I'll give Beefster a minor FoS, but we have scummier people to deal with.
Scott Brosius (297) wrote:Your discrepancy catch is a good one and Beefster is crawling up my list of scum. But I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.
:igmeou:

wall of text wall of text wall of - Oh look, Scott claimed Dayvig. sh00t X plz kthnx

No, but seriously, I'd probably shoot Exe or Shado. Yes, I think Shado is town, but it makes most sense to shoot someone who's a main wagon so we save a lynch. Information is information. I'd rather you shoot Exe by far though. Fate is an okay shot too.

Mafuyu's trying to push a Shado lynch still. Aww, how adorable. Scott has a pretty interesting point about the Day Poisoner/Dayvig "slip", even if it's a bit of a stretch.
CupcakePanda wrote:That was Kat, I have no idea why that was said, but I have a sneaking suspicion Kat isn't really paying a lot of attention to this game or just flying by the seat of his pants (though I too haven't been paying a lot of attention, so not all fault can be on Kat).
I'M NOT SUSPICIOUS THAT WAS MY OTHER HEAD

Sorry, that's what it sounds like to me.

~Pie
Show
IIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUU JESUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

"Oi, I'm already sick of THB."
~ Cobblerfone
"That was... schitzophrenically entertaining."
~ Pine
"Fugi + Pie = I like life"
~ Parama
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by mongoose »

I've got a very very bad fever right now, and everything I read is going over my head, so I'll check back when I feel better (hopefully tomorrow afternoon)
Go Hawkeyes!
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Mafuyu »

Scott Brosius wrote:
Mafuyu wrote: and
Mafuyu's not paid enough attention in the pregame to note if any were dayvigs
(though Day Poisoner looks to be similar). If it is an autoclear, Mafuyu would be confused as to why he would do so, seeing as how the odds are technically unfavorable and the results wouldn't necessarily provide any correlations, what with Fate being Fate.
I know the front page has that role. You said the bolded above however. Which means you didn't read the front page, yet you knew about that scum role. I find that interesting.
Pregame refers to the signup thread, where apparently Parama did a bit of clarifying.
Guh. The words.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”