Mini 1102 - Rivertown Mafia (Game Over!)

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Zdenek wrote:- It seemed pretty clear to me that el simo was going to take heat for his "random" vote, but ThAdmiral votes el simo using the ridiculous third on the wagon scum tell. This is playing it safe because it builds a backdoor right into the vote. This vote as a way for him to draw attention to el simo's "random vote" without having to push a case.
It was suspicious to me because he said it was a random vote that just happened to be the third on a wagon.
Zdenek wrote:- Later he casts suspicion on Ortiz and Pie, and both cases are lame. He unvotes as soon as this is pointed out to him. Next he decides to vote Ortiz for being wishy-washy, which is another lame case. Ortiz points this out to him and he unvotes again.

This feels to me as though he doesn't really believe that the people he is building cases against are scum because he is happy to let them off once they explain themselves to him.
If I feel someone can explain their actions adequately to me I will unvote them. If someone explains their actions to me and I don't buy it I won't unvote them.
Zdenek wrote:- He accuses chamber of playing coy, which I think is mudslinging considering that it was completely unnecessary since chamber had already provided reasons for his vote.
It sounded like he was being evasive. I hate it when you ask someone a question and they pretend not to know it was addressed at them. In this case though he
actually
didn't know it was addressed at him.
Zdenek wrote:- He accuses Umbrage of backtracking regarding how fast he wants people to post. This is another example of mudslinging because there is no scum motivation for what Umbrage did that I can think of.
I already believed Umbrage's earlier point about people disappearing was bs, and this just made it seem even more so. I called him on it.
Zdenek wrote:Also, as Furcolow has already pointed out, he later "This's" the post of someone he thinks is scum, who is attacking someone who he just unvoted, and who he is about to vote again. To me this shows a lack of sincerity in his vote and unvote on el simo and his vote on Umbrage.
A good point is a good point, no matter where it comes from. I was going to say the same thing but someone had already said it for me.
Zdenek wrote:He says that there is a discrepancy between what el simo is saying and what he has done. I think this choice of words was designed to paint el simo as scummy, when asked to explain what the discrepancy is he says that he thinks el simo made a random or jokey vote, copped heat for it and that he is now trying to explain his way out of it. I think this is exactly what is happening, but there is no discrepancy.
You must have missed the bit where el simo specifically stated, about 10 times, that it wasn't a random vote.
Zdenek wrote:ISO17 (Post 308):
Pro-town fluff: "I don't believe playing out the rvs for the rvs's sake is good play. I think the sooner a game gets out of the rvs the better. I don't think indiscriminate bandwagonning for the sake of a bandwagon is good."

"This comes out a bit harsh, but I agree with the spirit of it. Ever since VI's became an accepted part of mafiascum the game has become less fun/skill based imo."
Pro-town fluff is a bit harsh. I was stating my views on how I play the game after being questioned about them.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I believe he said he was randomly voting, but that it was serious
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Olinea »

Cyberbob wrote:
Olinea wrote:This post of Cyberbob’s slipped under the radar but HELLO HYPOCRISY.
this would be true if I was posting like a retard (which I'm not)
How do you explain your play thus far into the game, then? I would be genuinely surprised if even one player besides yourself wasn't displeased every time you posted something in this game.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by diddin »

Baby Spice replaces chamber.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Hi all.

Unvote

Lots of reading to do.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

I should probably sit down and really read the last two pages, but I hate sifting through large posts... If I'm motivated enough, I'll have something by tomorrow night. Between WoW, work, and the lack of interest in this particular game (probably due to the dragging after the deadline extension), I've been feeling super lazy and I apologize.

Can't make any promises though, I never did deliver the content I've been talking about. =/

Welcome, Baby Spice.
Olinea wrote:How do you explain your play thus far into the game, then? I would be genuinely surprised if even one player besides yourself wasn't displeased every time you posted something in this game.
I'm not displeased
every
time he posts...

/norealcontent
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Olinea wrote:How do you explain your play thus far into the game, then? I would be genuinely surprised if even one player besides yourself wasn't displeased every time you posted something in this game.
me too - scum are quaking in their boots with every post no doubt
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Furcolow wrote:basically im going to be voting admiral, ortiz, or zdenek
i will do so based upon how they act over the next few days.
as dumb as broadcasting your intentions like this is i would be willing to accept your presence on the ortiz wagon
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Fugitive »

unvote

Mod: Vote totals please

The deadline is close? Or it keeps getting extended? Either way, my vote is doing no good on Fur. I'll see where the wagons are before I place a new vote because voting my top scum suspects apparently isn't doing any good.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

This is taking longer than I'd like.

Umbrage, is there personal history between you and Chamber?
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by diddin »

Votecount

ortiz1193 (2) el simo, Cyberbob,
el simo (0)
ThAdmiral (1) Zdenek
Furcolow (0)
Zdenek (1) Olinea
Baby Spice (0)
sorasgoof (0)
InflatablePie (0)
Olinea (0)
Cyberbob (1) ortiz1193
Thirdkoopa (2)ThAdmiral, InflatablePie
Fugitive (0)
Not Voting (5)Thirdkoopa, Sorasgoof, Furcolow, Baby Spice, Fugitive

It is now day one. With 12 Alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no lynch. Deadline is Saturday, January 15 at 10:41 AM Central Time.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

@CyberBob. Furculow: Scum or Policy lynch?

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

- Not seeing the case on ThAdmiral. Yes, I did read through it, I just don't get a scummy vibe from him.
- oritz isn't the best lynch for today either.
- We need to lynch someone already. This deadline extension is making the day drag (IMO) and the game is getting boooooring.

Awaiting Baby Spice's content. Spice (it's either that or "BS"), I'd recommend you read through all of it and make little notes instead of stopping to make an occasional post. I say this because Umbrage has replaced out and you just asked him a question. :|

el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by el simo »

I'm not happy with a sora lynch, although if he doesn't start posting that is likely to change as he is going back into crap mode after pressures dropped off him, which is scummy.

But yes I agree the day is dragging, we need to get a lynch going. At the moment I wouldn't feel comfortable with any other than ortiz.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

InflatablePie wrote:- We need to lynch someone already. This deadline extension is making the day drag (IMO) and the game is getting boooooring.
It's all the replacements. It sucks to wait around for people to replace in, and it especially sucks when the person you are voting replaces out.

That being said there's nothing we can do but wait for a full roster of players.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

ThAdmiral wrote:
InflatablePie wrote:- We need to lynch someone already. This deadline extension is making the day drag (IMO) and the game is getting boooooring.
It's all the replacements. It sucks to wait around for people to replace in, and it especially sucks when the person you are voting replaces out.

That being said there's nothing we can do but wait for a full roster of players.
I suppose you're right.

I'm okay with a 3K/3K's slot or even a soras lynch right now. Preferably the former, but anything to get the game moving at this point.

Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by Olinea »

Can someone remind me of the case on Ortiz? He hasn't done anything noticeably scummy, at least not to me. I hadn't considered him as a lynch candidate today.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by Olinea »

For the record, I'd be willing to go through a lynch on Zdenek (due to Umbrage's play) or even Cyberbob. Furcolow has dropped a bit down the scum list since his play has been notably more town (and not due to the "champion" comment)
GreyICE:
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

That's what I get for looking at the iso of the person I replaced before the thread in general.

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Furcolow »

sigh
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by Olinea »

Question to Furcolow.

I took a read through Newbie 1002 in which you and el simo played together. It appears to me that el simo took almost no initiative in defending your D1 Cop claim and you clung to the Cop claim as evidence of the fact that you were confirmed town despite the chance of a Goon-Goon-Doc-6 VTs setup which would mean no Cop Counterclaim. Yet you claim that simo helped you out in that game.
Furcolow wrote:the fact you died in that newbie game was like *facepalm* for me, because you were the only person who really was actively defending the fact that I was a detective. I was really, really upset about it because in extended mafia games I have only been a detective 3-4 times, and every single time something happens that severely messes with me. In that newbie game it was an early wagon. Hell, I believe it was even you that was like OMG HE'S AT L-2 or something similar when I was really at L-3 or L-4 which I found scummily motivated. For some reason, though, I ended up not taking your buddying to be town and I trusted you wholeheartedly. I felt like we had a nice brolliance like ReaperCharlie tries to create in certain games.
Yet, from Newbie 1002,
el simo wrote:A cop claim is very easy to produce and very easy to cover. "A didn't get an investigation last night I was role blocked," or "Maddie is a townsman." I've claimed cop as scum before and we won the game because of it.

Maddie you state his claim makes no sense, but he is trying to lynch players because of poor grammar. He has consistently made no sense this in entire thread, why does his bogus cop claim any different?
el simo wrote:I'm incredibly against the idea of a policy lynch, but I do believe we have found our scum, either that or an unbelievably inept townsman. He is not the cop.
el simo wrote:Furcolow
Playing much more aggressively than he has in his other games, using probably much worse logic too. Had a really bad claim and has been incredibly bigoted, how ever his play has been improving as of lately. I really want to lynch him (because I do think he is scummy) but I'd much rather give him time to prove his claim.
Of course, later on we get this:
el simo wrote:I'm not saying that he is a townie, or the cop or even scum, because at this point it is too hard to say. He's claimed cop and he deserves a chance to prove his claim. I'm not asking to keep him in the game and not lynch at all, but rather just to postpone it until we have more information.
But that’s not so much “defending” as it is “dropping the case on Furcolow”.

Also, of note, your posting style is in very frequent snippets as it is now, although I would attribute that to the fact that you were under extreme pressure. I have no idea how you play scum, and perhaps that’s a posting style that isn’t variable based on alignment.

So:
Why do you say el simo defended you in that game and you had a good partnership when he criticized you and called you scummy for a much larger portion of the game than the period where he ignored you (note that I couldn’t find any point in which he decisively gives a town read on you)?
GreyICE:
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by Furcolow »

In the game flow, though he was the force that messed up in RVS and produced my claim like he did with his "random" comment in this game, I feel that is his behavior where he is probably town. He actually kept me from getting lynched, and knowing MightyDarkZero was scum didn't really hurt.

Him criticizing my play fueled me to have better play, which helped us pin him as scum before I replaced out due to the general inactivity of the game.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Post by Olinea »

That comment is mostly irrelevant.

I'm glad he inspired you to play better, but I'd like to know how you can justify that statement where you say he defended your Cop claim. It appears he didn't believe you for one second.
GreyICE:
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Then why was he killed N1
I felt like he supported me
You weren't there
Furcolow