Mini 1105: A Mafia Invasion! (Game Over)

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

8th vote count of day 1:

Dizzle - 5 (Guderian, VP Baltar, Rosswilliam, Jerbs, Ellibereth)
Jerbs - 2 (Tasky, Rain)
Rain - 2 (AGar, Llamagod)
Rosswilliam - 1 (Robcapone)

Not voting: 3 (Dizzle, Pappums rat, Vigilante Ventrioquist)

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch

Day 1 will end no later than Friday Jan 14th at 3pm CST
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Vigilante Ventriloquist »

pappums rat wrote:random vote for tasky doesnt count (it was rvs), random vote for mute dosent count (rvs joke with tasky), voted rosswilliam cuz he was scummy, voted mute for putting rosswilliam at l-1 without warning (which now i suppose is ok to do but wasnt earlier (wtfffffff)), unvoted mute to give replacement a chance (which is generally what i have seen done since i came to mafiascum.net).
Fair enough, as per the random vote post. It still sits really badly with me that you'd done all of that in 8 posts, seemingly in a way just following the wagons as they formed and dissolved.
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

"Vig, go die in a hole now Please before I kill you myself." -The Acting Method
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

It's looking at this point that Dizzle's going to be replaced. I'm excited to hear from the replacement because more and more the bandwagon on Dizzle is making me nervous...I don't have a good argument other than gut but I'm just getting a bad feeling about the lynch, because the only reason my vote is on him is because of the lurking, but plenty of town have lurked before. From a selfish point of view, if he flips town for some fluke I'm going to get a LOT of flak at the start of the next day, and I don't want that. I'm not going to unvote yet but if it get's to L-1 and we still haven't heard from Dizzle or the replacement I think I'm going to unvote.

I'm liking Tasky more as scum because he's got himself set up with this reputation like he's not going to contribute and thats totally okay. Now he can glide under the radar just making his comments here and there. We'll see.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by AGar »

Rain, you've got a major inconsistency here - your vote on Jerbs is because you say he's not doing much beyond opportunistic voting and using vague attacks and rhetoric. You then turn around and say Tasky is a lynch you would be disappointed in. His entire vote pattern is exactly what you're crucifying Jerbs for - voting Mute because a bandwagon reared itself, and his Jerbs vote came after two players agreed that they found Jerbs as a potential wagonee and giving no reason. The only vote that bucks the trend is his vote on RossWilliams, which was padded with questions and no real reasoning behind it.

Do address this, thank you very kindly.

However, this is more pressing.

Changing your status to hidden does NOT remove your last visited date. Therefore, RossWilliam could have in no way "seen" Dizzle online. I knew the backtrack sounded really off to me, and it's looking like it was a lie constructed to help push a lynch on a player actively lurking. There's no pro-town motivation for this whatsoever.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: RossWilliam
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by AGar »

^ I checked the "changing the status to hidden" on my hydra "The Stove", if anyone is curious as to where that came from.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by RobCapone »

The only reason why I'm hesitant about tasky is he talked about something with role PMs although anyone can post something generic like that

I took him off my scumlist at that point but that could have easily been a trick to earn town cred but the whole Ross thing with dizzle is just down right scummy

Tasky needs to play to catch scum, right now he isn't
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Rain »

@AGar
I had considered putting Tasky in my list of people I'm willing to lynch today. However, his current play style is in line with my brief experience with him as well as his town mini normals. I read stronger scum vibes from Jerbs, and Tasky's voting for Jerbs... so... yeah.
All cats die. Socrates died. Therefore, Socrates was a cat.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Guderian »

Back from V/LA.

Thankfully, this didn't look like the most prolific time to be posting in this game, as not much of value was generated.

I'll answer any questions anyone wants me to answers.

Short takes.
VV, please vote.
Rain may be on to something. I like this slot very much for town.
Tasky is still useless.
RossWilliam is now reading like he wants to be the good guy, informing us about the flak we may receive should Dizzle flip town. I guess my read here now will be contingent on how Dizzle flips, because if Dizzle is scum Ross is fine, but if Dizzle flips town 227 looks scummy.
Replace dizzle I guess? He's not here at all. :/.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
LlamaGod
LlamaGod
Townie
LlamaGod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by LlamaGod »

Jerbs seems to be scum using RW's case as an excuse to justify an easy vote. Most of his other posting lacks scumhunting content as well, and there are a number of them of considerable length.

For example:
Jerbs wrote:
LlamaGod wrote:I've had bad experiences using "saw X lurker online" as a tell, but if RW is making that up it's a different business entirely. I'll think more about that. Goodnight.

Tomorrow is RL tomorrow not game tomorrow.
1. He's town and making it up
2. He's scum and making it up
3. He's town and telling the truth
4. He's scum and telling the truth

The first point makes absolutely no sense, so thats prob not it.

The 2nd point makes sense because Dizzle would be an easy mislynch target, unless they are scumbuddies in which then it would be bussing/distancing
The 3rd would make sense because he is trying to help town by giving info about dizzle
The 4th point makes sense because dizzle would be an easy mislynch target unless they're buddies, which would then mean bussing/distancing
From my experience, scum loves to post something logically correct to take up forum space and make it seem like they are not lurking. This post is pretty much content-free, except mentioning it's unlikely RW is lying town (obvious).

Unvote; Vote Jerbs
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Guderian wrote:VV, please vote.
I didn't want to detract from pressure on Dizzle before he showed up, but it looks like he's being replaced anyway.

Vote: pappums rat
for reasons mentioned earlier
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I won't read any of this until tomorrow...but that Dizzle isn't all run up and wrapped up makes me sad.
FLASH OF GREEN
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by RobCapone »

Ellibereth wrote:I won't read any of this until tomorrow...but that Dizzle isn't all run up and wrapped up makes me sad.
so you think we should lynch somebody who is probably going to be replaced and can't defend or even explain anything he has said or done?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

run up = L-1

But sure, what the hell, I wouldn't mind.
FLASH OF GREEN
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by AGar »

I'd rather see a RW wagon, and am sad that my point is being ignored.

Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Guderian »

VV, what are you thoughts of the four people with mini-actual bandwagons on them? Who of them would you like to see lynched most?
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

UNVOTE: Dizzle

I made up my mind. I don't want to see Dizzle lynched without a defense. There is too big of a chance of the lurking being a townie fluke.
LlamaGod
LlamaGod
Townie
LlamaGod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Post by LlamaGod »

Starting to feel a Jerbs/Agar/?? scumteam.
Explanation:
The following looks like lining up an RW mislynch for after a Dizzle mislynch.
AGar wrote:Another note - I'm not liking the whole RW "I saw Dizzle online!" thing right now. It feels like there's a major inconsistency here, and it's pushing me towards a scummier read on RossWilliams, more solidified if Dizzle is to flip town.
The logic in this next post isn't strong enough for the wording it gets. I don't see any "Egregiously bad response" or buying into a terrible response here. Dizzle's "Are you indeed freaking out" sounds weird but not particularly scummy. All that happens is Mute gets told he's freaking out, says he's not, and discussion moves on. I don't see how there was more to discuss, so I don't see why a followup is expected from Dizzle here. Overall this seems fake and is part of a pattern of pseudotunneling Mute. It also looks out of place in his ISO as it is bracketed by two posts seeming to have a dizzle-is-town-attitude.
AGar wrote:Rob, I think it's completely plausible that Mute/Dizzle could be scum together.

Dizzle opens up with a random vote on Mute. Easily gives him at least some acknowledgement of the slot. In post 61, Dizzle puts a little faux-distancing act on between himself and Mute. 2 posts later, Mute just brushes any semblance of pressure on him from myself and Dizzle aside with a simple "Nope." Dizzle's next post features him buying into this egregiously bad response and moving his fixation onto RossWilliam.

Unless I'm missing something, I see no reason why Dizzle-Mute (now Rain, who should really get in here soon) can't be a plausible scumteam.
Townies simply don't always follow up on their actions. Especially not with a specific discussion of the result of a specific way of poking at somebody. This feels like more semitunneling with a case I don't buy.
AGar wrote:
Mute wrote:AGar: Yes, I overstepped my bounds by forcing someone to contribute to the game by paraphrasing an SE from my newbie game. I used that to gauge his reaction and see where he fell on my bar of scum/town. I'll use whatever methods I've got to find people that (I feel) are scum.
Mute, I'mma let you finish and all, but... --

I have no clue where the fuck to go with that meme.

Anywho, the problem here is that I'm calling bullshit on you "using that to gauge his reaction and see where he fell on your bar of scum/town." 100% Grade A 0/100 Lean Bullshit. Lay it on thick there bud.

Why? because you've made 0 comment on the "outcome" of you "gauging his reaction" since that post.

Keep trying.

More mute votes, please and thanks.
Later he calls out Rain for not holding tasky to the same standard he is holding Jerbs to.

Jerbs' post about Dizzle doesn't really take "town making a mistake" into account. Both Jerbs and Agar have tended to attack players I am now leaning town on.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:07 am

Post by RobCapone »

I don't like Ross

1. He seems to take tasky's question to everyone and seemed sort of nervous
2. Tasky responds and Ross accuses him of being defensive but I dont get that at all
3. He Votes VV for a really weak reason
4. It seems like he changes his opinion on tasky and sort of defends him
5. He is accused of not helping the town and dels people not helping the town should be ignored or slap on a wrist, but mafia isn't going to be helpful to the town, his vote on mute seemed more out if spite for being put at L-1 than any valid reason
6. The whole dizzle online thing just created confusion and an accusation that is unverifiable
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Unvote, Vote: AGar

I really haven't liked any of the arguments AGar has made this game. I wish I could get into this game more than that so I'd say something poignant, but eh. We need a lynch soon. I will try to do some reading later.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Zachrulez »

9th vote count of day 1:

Dizzle - 3 (Guderian, Jerbs, Ellibereth)
Jerbs - 3 (Tasky, Rain, Llamagod)
Rosswilliam - 2 (Robcapone, AGar)
Pappums rat - 1 (Vigilante Ventrioquist)
AGar - 1 (VP Baltar)

Not voting: 3 (Dizzle, Pappums rat, Rosswilliam)

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch

Dizzle is being replaced.

Day 1 will end no later than Friday Jan 14th at 3pm CST
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Rain »

I would have to agree with
LlamaGod wrote:Jerbs' post about Dizzle doesn't really take "town making a mistake" into account.
The time difference between RossW's "I saw him online 2 days ago" and Dizzle's last post is about a day, which is well within human error. Also, it seems like a dumb gambit for scum to make. If he's scummy for any reason, this should not be it.

I don't see much problem with AGar at the moment. The worst of his actions right now seems to be deflecting the Jerbs bandwagon, which is only a problem if (when?) Jerbs flip scum.
All cats die. Socrates died. Therefore, Socrates was a cat.
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:37 am

RossWilliam wrote:It's looking at this point that Dizzle's going to be replaced. I'm excited to hear from the replacement because more and more the bandwagon on Dizzle is making me nervous...I don't have a good argument other than gut but I'm just getting a bad feeling about the lynch, because the only reason my vote is on him is because of the lurking, but plenty of town have lurked before. From a selfish point of view, if he flips town for some fluke I'm going to get a LOT of flak at the start of the next day, and I don't want that. I'm not going to unvote yet but if it get's to L-1 and we still haven't heard from Dizzle or the replacement I think I'm going to unvote.

I'm liking Tasky more as scum because he's got himself set up with this reputation like he's not going to contribute and thats totally okay. Now he can glide under the radar just making his comments here and there. We'll see.
I don't remember why I unvoted you, but it had better have been for a good reason.
Guderian wrote:VV, what are you thoughts of the four people with mini-actual bandwagons on them? Who of them would you like to see lynched most?
Dizzle: I'm starting to think I was a bit too lazy in allowing myself to suspect Dizzle. His post about Mute was certainly awkward, but his lack of posting (especially if he's now disappeared from the site) really doesn't mean much. I wouldn't be particularly enthusiastic about a Dizzle lynch.
Jerbs: My first thought is that I wouldn't be against this lynch, but I also never looked back to figure out what I didn't like about him. I meant to, but other people looked back first. I would probably be willing to vote him just based on what I've seen though.
Rain: Rain is possibly my biggest wild card right now. It felt like a lot of Mute's earlier posting was genuine, but his later posting gave me some reservations. I don't see much of a problem with what Rain's done so far. Not willing to vote him right now. I would probably only vote him as a deadline lynch and largely because his flip would give us a lot to work with.
RossWilliam: I didn't like him early on, then switched votes and wasn't sure. I'm starting to see him as scum again. It's not unlikely for my vote to find its way back to him in the near future.
RossWilliam wrote:UNVOTE: Dizzle

I made up my mind. I don't want to see Dizzle lynched without a defense. There is too big of a chance of the lurking being a townie fluke.
When I first read this, I thought it was scummy. Now that I read it again, I have no idea. >.<

I think I lost my grasp of this game a bit when I went V/LA. If I'm not busy today, I'll try to reread this game, but I won't guarantee it, seeing as I've been a bit lazy with reading this game in general up to this point.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:41 am

Post by AGar »

RossWilliams needs to die.

Pronto.

Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Jerbs »

LlamaGod wrote:
Jerbs wrote:
LlamaGod wrote:I've had bad experiences using "saw X lurker online" as a tell, but if RW is making that up it's a different business entirely. I'll think more about that. Goodnight.

Tomorrow is RL tomorrow not game tomorrow.
1. He's town and making it up
2. He's scum and making it up
3. He's town and telling the truth
4. He's scum and telling the truth

The first point makes absolutely no sense, so thats prob not it.

The 2nd point makes sense because Dizzle would be an easy mislynch target, unless they are scumbuddies in which then it would be bussing/distancing
The 3rd would make sense because he is trying to help town by giving info about dizzle
The 4th point makes sense because dizzle would be an easy mislynch target unless they're buddies, which would then mean bussing/distancing
From my experience, scum loves to post something logically correct to take up forum space and make it seem like they are not lurking. This post is pretty much content-free, except mentioning it's unlikely RW is lying town (obvious).
My post also mentions that of the 3 likely scenarios, 2 of them show him as scum
However, I had never stopped to consider that it might be a town mistake. Although that is a possibility, I don't think it's likely. Had I noticed the name of someone from your game at the bottom of the page, I would have looked closer to make sure. If Ross really thinks he saw Dizzle, then Dizzle probably was online.
Also, Rosscum would have a lot to gain, if Dizzle came back. They could say that Dizzle was lurking, have "proof" and possibly get an easy mislynch.
RobCapone wrote:Jerbs' post about Dizzle doesn't really take "town making a mistake" into account. Both Jerbs and Agar
have
tended to attack players I am
now
leaning town on.
Players that you are
now
considering town. Players that we
have
attacked. Maybe when we attacked them, they were considered scum?
And didnt you make a post on why you didn't like Ross? I believe I have been attacking him.
Rain wrote:@AGar
I had considered putting Tasky in my list of people I'm willing to lynch today. However, his current play style is in line with my brief experience with him as well as his town mini normals. I read stronger scum vibes from Jerbs, and Tasky's voting for Jerbs... so... yeah.
Tasky voting for me shouldn't influence how you vote.

Unvote
for now, at least until Dizzles replacement comes.
RossWilliam wrote:It's looking at this point that Dizzle's going to be replaced. I'm excited to hear from the replacement because more and more the bandwagon on Dizzle is making me nervous...I don't have a good argument other than gut but I'm just getting a bad feeling about the lynch, because the only reason my vote is on him is because of the lurking, but plenty of town have lurked before. From a selfish point of view, if he flips town for some fluke I'm going to get a LOT of flak at the start of the next day, and I don't want that. I'm not going to unvote yet but if it get's to L-1 and we still haven't heard from Dizzle or the replacement I think I'm going to unvote.

Vote: RossWilliam
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Zdenek replaces Dizzle effective immediately. Please welcome him to the game!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”