Newbie 1045: Christmas in Newbieville! (Mafia Win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by dramonic »

Wait wait wait wait wait

You voted Fungrus to prevent Ender from claiming???
What the hell kind of logic is that?

Thor, your puppet is not making sense, I have to take it away from you, even if it means letting you off for now.

unvote
vote: Glass

MrBump (3): ender241, Cirno, Glass
Fungrus (2): Thor665, Lateralus22
Thor665 (1): DarlaBlueEyes
ender241 (1): MrBump
DarlaBlueEyes (1): Fungrus
Glass (1): dramonic

Not voting (0):

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch!
Deadline is January 14th, 2010 at 4:00PM.
Last edited by xRECKONERx on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

dramonic wrote:You voted once in the whole game, in the FIRST post you made. You have not FoSed or voted anyone since then. What I am seeing is you sitting back and discussing theory instead of doing any scumhunting outside of Fungrus.

I feel I've given a wider palette of opinions and reads.
Personally, I think I've been quite aggressive and clear in offering opinions and thoughts on other players, I'd say go read me again - if you still can't find substantive opinions I'll happily go out and find a number of opinion posts from myself. More and beyond that I would *happily* invite comparison of the number of clear opinions I've made in thread vs. half the player base and that includes yourself. I personally think I've made more.

I will agree that my vote hasn't moved much but...so what? Do you think Fungrus is town? If the answer is no, and I've already indicated that I find Bump and ender the other two wagon options as town (y'know, while avoiding giving opinions) then who should I be voting again...yeah.

Also, in your wide palette of opinions - could you go back and find where you commented on Fungrus? I'd still like to hear your read there and don't think you've made it clear. Please help me find it or state it for the first time, either way.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

dramonic wrote:Thor, your puppet is not making sense, I have to take it away from you, even if it means letting you off for now.
:roll:

Frankly I think his plan there reads as 'trying to be more clever then is smart' and he had no real need to admit it so I don't see a scum motivation there.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by Glass »

Cirno wrote:Also, why didn't you switch your vote back after Ender's claim? Why did you wait until he was at L-2?
Because changing my vote now or yesterday makes no difference. Why did you not unvote ender until Lateralus and fungrus unvoted?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Glass »

dramonic wrote: You voted Fungrus to prevent Ender from claiming???
I am pretty sure that it is sound, if you find a problem with it please quote me and say what does not make sense to you instead of simply saying that it does not make sense.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Glass »

Cirno wrote:If the objective of town is to lynch mafia, then why not vote for the person whom you have most confidence in being mafia? Can I assume you would rather vote with town than vote for who you think is scum?
Cirno wrote:Deadline is kind of close, so it makes me sad to see people wasting their votes.
lolwut?
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Cirno »

dramonic wrote:
unvote
There goes the Thor wagon...
Glass wrote:Why did you not unvote ender until Lateralus and fungrus unvoted?
I was hoping he'd be lynched.
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
Fungrus
Fungrus
Goon
Fungrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:10 pm

Post by Fungrus »

dramonic wrote:Wait wait wait wait wait

You voted Fungrus to prevent Ender from claiming???

Thor, your puppet is not making sense, I have to take it away from you, even if it means letting you off for now.

unvote
Am I clear in understanding that you think Thor and Glass are scum buddies, but you're voting for Glass? I think that Thor has been the more suspicious player throughout the game and people are more likely to wagon on him. So why change your momentum from Thor to Glass? Yes I do think that Glass's clever plan was not really so much as a plan as a way to justify previous actions, but if Glass and Thor are both scum, I think lynching Thor first is the better option.

Currently I stand by my reasoning earlier on why Korts (or his replacement) is scum. Which I think no one has commented on (maybe it's too stupid to illicit comment...). But if no one will believe me I will change my vote to try and get a lynch on someone I find suspect, even if I'm labelled bandwagoner. I think we need to lynch.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:40 am

Post by MrBump »

The Ender wagon has lost its wheels, so there is no point in keeping my vote on.

UNVOTE: ENDER

Glass, stop being hypocritical. You changed your vote from me to... whoever it was, I forget, because my wagon was losing speed. So you're now voting me because the wagon I was voting for stopped. Right.

I had a town read like, Page 4. Page 4 =/= Page 13.

Glass, I would appreciate it if you stopped tunnelling me. Every single post I make you pick out something which makes no sense which is supposedly scummy, every single post YOU make is directed at me being Mafia (practically every post). You're blatantly tunnelling me and pushing my lynch as hard as humanly possible.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:02 am

Post by ender241 »

Wait, your telling me you voted me just because EVERYONE else was?
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:48 am

Post by MrBump »

ender241 wrote:Wait, your telling me you voted me just because EVERYONE else was?
I voted you first.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Cirno »

@Fungrus,MrBump:
Today is January 12. The deadline is January 14th. What exactly are you waiting for? The closer to deadline you get, the more likely the dreaded Flash Wagon will appear. I'll have you know that the Flash Wagon is a terrifying thing. It appears like like a bolt of lightening, striking out in an instant, defying all logic and reasoning, without a care for who is scummier than who. Those who encounter it often become so traumatized that they can only mutter "It was deadline. I had to lynch." repeatedly while shirking off all responsibility for their actions. For people like you two, pursuers of logic and defenders of the innocent, it is a most mortal enemy.

@Glass:
You got me. I'll use the fact that we are so near deadline as an excuse.
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

Okay, I'm back being down for a Cirno lynch again.

Everyone who is the lone person on their wagon (Darla, Bump, dramonic, Glass) you better start either screaming bloody murder about what a great wagon that is, or find another wagon you consider tenable.

@Lateralus - you alive? New comments pl0x.
@Darla - you alive? New comments pl0x.
@Fungrus - I actually am sold on the Korts slot being scummy, but its flaked out so bad everything I consider it scummy for is hard to take seriously at this stage. What's your case on the Korts slot?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 am

Post by dramonic »

Glass wrote:
dramonic wrote: You voted Fungrus to prevent Ender from claiming???
I am pretty sure that it is sound, if you find a problem with it please quote me and say what does not make sense to you instead of simply saying that it does not make sense.
You tried to advert Ender claiming by baiting the playerlist with a bigger wagon on a lurker, is that it?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Fungrus
Fungrus
Goon
Fungrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Fungrus »

Thor665 wrote:Okay, I'm back being down for a Cirno lynch again.

Everyone who is the lone person on their wagon (Darla, Bump, dramonic, Glass) you better start either screaming bloody murder about what a great wagon that is, or find another wagon you consider tenable.

@Lateralus - you alive? New comments pl0x.
@Darla - you alive? New comments pl0x.
@Fungrus - I actually am sold on the Korts slot being scummy, but its flaked out so bad everything I consider it scummy for is hard to take seriously at this stage. What's your case on the Korts slot?
DarlaBlueEyes has done pretty much nothing since taking over the reigns, now maybe they haven't had time, maybe not. The real evidence comes back from when Korts was posting quite a bit and putting out low level suspicion on pretty much every player to see if someone else would run with it and do the dangerous job of being the leader of a bandwagon. Yeah normally I would expect people to have a few suspicions, but he seemed to have something against everyone except Glass and myself.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Glass »

dramonic wrote:
Glass wrote:
You tried to advert Ender claiming by baiting the playerlist with a bigger wagon on a lurker, is that it?
essentially, yes.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Glass »

Thor665 wrote: Everyone who is the lone person on their wagon (Darla, Bump, dramonic, Glass) you better start either screaming bloody murder about what a great wagon that is, or find another wagon you consider tenable.
I am not a lone person on my wagon, and I disagree with a cirno lynch atm.
MrBump wrote:Glass, stop being hypocritical.
What am I being hypocritical about?
MrBump wrote:You changed your vote from me to... whoever it was, I forget, because my wagon was losing speed. So you're now voting me because the wagon I was voting for stopped.
I didn't vote fungrus because the bump wagon was losing speed, maybe you should read my posts next time.

And your second sentence makes absolutely no sense, I voted you because there was no longer a point in me voting for fungrus.
MrBump wrote:I had a town read like, Page 4. Page 4 =/= Page 13.
page 8 actually, but I am still interested in my questions, let me refresh your memory since you probably won't look back to page 13: What gave you this town read on fungrus? What changed this read to at least neutral?
MrBump wrote: Glass, I would appreciate it if you stopped tunnelling me. Every single post I make you pick out something which makes no sense which is supposedly scummy, every single post YOU make is directed at me being Mafia (practically every post). You're blatantly tunnelling me and pushing my lynch as hard as humanly possible.
I actually don't pick at every post you make...
Most of my posts are not about you...

Ok WTF. You clearly did not understand my reason for voting fungrus or you would not have said that I jumped onto it because your wagon was losing speed. But when you posted this you clearly believed this, so how does me trying to lynch you "as hard as possible" fit in with me voting fungrus?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Glass »

and i do not see what is wrong with pushing a lynch on who you think is scummiest when the deadline is close.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Meh. Only to achieve the lynch.

Unvote:
Vote: Mr. Bump

Actually I really hate Kort's play, after a read through Fungrus mellowed out. Darla's pretty bad too, I realize she only made 1 post but I can't even remember anything she's did. Kort's suspicions were pretty weak before.

Personally I think Glass is just ridiculous, but still town.

I can kinda see Thor-Scum.

Yeah, this game needs actual progress which doesn't include a pre-emptive VT claim and a silly Doc claim. Someone plz hammer, I don't care who.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

sorry guys, net's out due to ice, posting from my phone for now. Net should be back by morning expect post then!
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by MrBump »

Thor665 wrote:Okay, I'm back being down for a Cirno lynch again.

The Ender wagon is great lad, you get free cookies!
Cirno wrote:
@Fungrus,MrBump:
Today is January 12. The deadline is January 14th. What exactly are you waiting for? The closer to deadline you get, the more likely the dreaded Flash Wagon will appear. I'll have you know that the Flash Wagon is a terrifying thing. It appears like like a bolt of lightening, striking out in an instant, defying all logic and reasoning, without a care for who is scummier than who. Those who encounter it often become so traumatized that they can only mutter "It was deadline. I had to lynch." repeatedly while shirking off all responsibility for their actions. For people like you two, pursuers of logic and defenders of the innocent, it is a most mortal enemy.
Sounds scary D=

Also, Glass. Would y'look at that, I made a post and you picked holes in it. Hurr durr.
You voted me again
after
I made that post.

Well, Fungrus, as far as I was aware, the whole case on him was "OH HE MUST BE BUDDIES WITH MRBUMP BECAUSE LIEK THEY DIDN'T VOTE EACH OTHER", which is not true, so I wasn't suspicious of him. When Thor explained the case, I noticed it more. It's like when you first meet someone, you start to see them everywhere. When someone pointed it out to me, I started to see it.

Latarus, I like how you don't say I'm scummy in your post and have suspicions on other people yet you vote me.

We should be voting Ender. "But Bump, he's a claimed Doc!" I don't bloody care, to be honest. Ender has repeatedly played scummy all game, changed votes every post practically, made false accusations, made a bad (IMO) slip and now claimed the Doctor. So after all the evidence against him, just because he made an already fishy claim (L-1 with no hammer intent), we're going to just leave him there. He's trying to draw the real Doc out and he's not doing a very good job of it. We should be voting him.
Fungrus
Fungrus
Goon
Fungrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by Fungrus »

MrBump wrote:We should be voting Ender. "But Bump, he's a claimed Doc!" I don't bloody care, to be honest. Ender has repeatedly played scummy all game, changed votes every post practically, made false accusations, made a bad (IMO) slip and now claimed the Doctor. So after all the evidence against him, just because he made an already fishy claim (L-1 with no hammer intent), we're going to just leave him there. He's trying to draw the real Doc out and he's not doing a very good job of it. We should be voting him.
You honestly think Ender is capable of such a ploy? If Ender were scum I am pretty sure he would have claimed vanilla townie. The only way I can see it otherwise is if his scumbuddy told him to say that, but I don't think mafia have daytalk in this game. Basically given the rest of his play, I find it implausible that Ender could come up with a plan to draw out power roles.

I realise you're kinda desperate not to get lynched but this attack just doesn't cut it with me. What is your take on Korts/Darla?

@Lateralus by saying "I really hate Korts' play" did you mean that you dislike the playstyle but don't consider him scum, or that you think he could be scum?
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:31 am

Post by MrBump »

Fungrus wrote:You honestly think Ender is capable of such a ploy? If Ender were scum I am pretty sure he would have claimed vanilla townie. The only way I can see it otherwise is if his scumbuddy told him to say that, but I don't think mafia have daytalk in this game. Basically given the rest of his play, I find it implausible that Ender could come up with a plan to draw out power roles.

I realise you're kinda desperate not to get lynched but this attack just doesn't cut it with me. What is your take on Korts/Darla?

@Lateralus by saying "I really hate Korts' play" did you mean that you dislike the playstyle but don't consider him scum, or that you think he could be scum?
Korts, I don't really have a read on him at all. The only person apart from Ender I feel comfortable at all lynching is you, Fungrus :P

I think Ender could do that. His play isn't very good, but he's not stupid. It doesn't take a genius to work out claiming Doc draws out the real Doc.

No one is going to listen to me on Ender, though, and after nearly a month of fighting, I'm not getting lynched.
VOTE: Fungrus
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:57 am

Post by ender241 »

The thing your saying about me claiming (which i am actually a doctor think bullshit or no), you don't have to say hmm... i'm thinking of lynching ender (eg) you can just vote and give your reason why especially in a newbie game.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:58 am

Post by ender241 »

I think it's kind of obvious MrBump is mafia, he's trying to lynch the doc; and anyway if we lynch him it will be full-proof that i'm the doctor. As a mafia member wouldn't lynch another now would they?
Show
again.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”