Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:57 am

Post by Umbrage »

smargaret wrote:^^ this. I do not understand how chess is drawing these conclusions.
'Coz dey're both da scums!!!!

UNVOTE: chesskid3

VOTE: Shadow1psc

The fact that Shadow claimed only his name seems quite odd to me. He's banking on the fact he has a very pro-town sounding name. That and the crap he's pulling with CK3 seal the deal. Note that he only claimed when CK3 got on his wagon. They're the scum team for sure.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:33 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

bri wrote:Secondly regarding the mid-pack lurker point, you misinterperet what I am saying. I'm not saying "You look scummy because you are sitting in the middle of the pack", I'm saying that I've seen it in another game, mid-pack lurking and it was very successful. IS said that it was likely that someone in mid-pack was a scum lurker, you, Smargaret and shadow were the mid-pack and from that IS has gone after shadow. You say "As I stated before", as if your word should be believed whole-heartedly without being questioned? Just because you say your posting level is due to your own personal preference, doesn't mean that it actually is. It's a question of whether your claim is believed or not. Same as my town claim, it's about the larger opinion of your play with ALL factors considered.
But there is a way to basically prove its my preference. First of all, throughout the game I've been doing it (Except for two times when there wasn't much to say). The same general pattern of posting can be found in my meta, every game, town or scum (Maybe not some of my first games on the site but those were a while ago)

Other than that, I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on chess. He doesn't even seem to be trying anymore.

Methinks shadow is L-2
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Umbrage »

Should just be L-3. CK3 unvoted.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:15 am

Post by bristep123 »

Doombunny9 wrote:
bri wrote:Secondly regarding the mid-pack lurker point, you misinterperet what I am saying. I'm not saying "You look scummy because you are sitting in the middle of the pack", I'm saying that I've seen it in another game, mid-pack lurking and it was very successful. IS said that it was likely that someone in mid-pack was a scum lurker, you, Smargaret and shadow were the mid-pack and from that IS has gone after shadow. You say "As I stated before", as if your word should be believed whole-heartedly without being questioned? Just because you say your posting level is due to your own personal preference, doesn't mean that it actually is. It's a question of whether your claim is believed or not. Same as my town claim, it's about the larger opinion of your play with ALL factors considered.
But there is a way to basically prove its my preference. First of all, throughout the game I've been doing it (Except for two times when there wasn't much to say). The same general pattern of posting can be found in my meta, every game, town or scum (Maybe not some of my first games on the site but those were a while ago)

Other than that, I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on chess. He doesn't even seem to be trying anymore.

Methinks shadow is L-2
Again, it's something for me to consider as part of a larger thing. I'm looking at everyone's posts not just yours, everything has to be analysed we're to root out the scum.

Also Shadow is L-3, since Chesskid only voted for him momentarily and then tried to validate Chris's roleclaim. However, he's about to be L-2 because as much as I think Umbrage is the better choice, Shadow's name claim seems like a calculated move. He's picked a name that is probably the most known pirate in fiction at the moment and I think as has been mentioned possibly an attempt to allow flavour sway opinion on his alignment/role. My name comes from a videogame and is a villain, but I'm still town so I know that there is no link between name and alignment/role. Therefore, for this day I support a lynch on Shadow.

Unvote Umbrage
Vote Shadow
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:20 am

Post by bristep123 »

EBWOP Oops, didn't bold that

Unvote Umbrage
Vote Shadow
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:33 am

Post by AurorusVox »

You have to wonder why he was so against mass name claim and then claimed his name for no reason.

WALK THE PLANK, YARR
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

I claimed because I have a wagon on me. I was more under the impression this was a PotC based theme, from the intro video and light discussion based around it. I figured the absence of CC would draw at least some merit to my claim, but if there are names outside of that then that's shot. Also, did not claim role because if I'm not lynched, we don't need to give scum any indication of who (/not to) shoot at, that's just smart play. If you're going through with the lynch though, just remember my words. IS, Umbrage (for sure, that vote of his looks terrible).
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:37 am

Post by AurorusVox »

The hard and fast rule is don't claim until you're at L-1, and even then, its usually best to wait until someone declares an intent to hammer. In my opinion, deviations from that rule tend to have scummy (or stupid) reasons.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

The only argument I have against that is playing with two (vastly) different communities has proven that rule to be terrible. A claim's a claim, it isn't going to matter when you do it. Sure, doing it without anyone on you out of the blue is weird, but with 3-4 people on me and IS sitting there smugly twirling his curly mustache, I had no other option. You can all either get off me or hammer me at this point, I said it before, I'd gladly trade town for scum 1:1 any day, and it looks like I may have even hit a buy one get one free sale here.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:30 am

Post by chesskid3 »

and when shadow flips town
who wants to lick my balls first?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I will give Shadow props for having the balls to claim a name that if fake, is very likely to have already been taken anyways. So if there is a real Jack Sparrow, I wouldnt speak up and just vote for Shadow for fear that Shadow is just role fishing for his partner anyways.

Its too bad that I agree with Bristep though. Names are probably meaningless anyways.
(Shadow is scum, lets lynch him)
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

IS, your logic is flawed. Why would I as scum, who wasn't even L-2 try and role fish based off a name, which we've all clearly figured on having nothing to do with role. Trading as scum 1:1 for town is stupid, even if you happen to hit power based off a lame hunch. No one is
going
to speak up, and you know it because you are scum.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:01 am

Post by chesskid3 »

IS/Smargaret (calling her Margaret is natural distancing)/?
I like it
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Hmmm. Things have taken a somewhat unexpected turn. He did breadcrumb. I don't like a claim that early and without a role attached. I can see merits, but I guess I'm used to a name and role claim at L-1. If he actually flips scum, that's quite the gamble to claim Captain Jack.

unvote, vote:Shadow1psc

No need to finish the day now though. We can certainly take the opportunity to keep discussing if we want.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:17 am

Post by chesskid3 »

so
if he flips town
how many of you are pledging me your votes tomorrow for being so fail?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:27 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Vote Count:

chesskid3 (2) - Nero Cain, smargaret
Shadow1psc (6) - Internet Stranger, AurorusVox, Doombunny9, Umbrage, bristep123, Jedo the Jedi
smargaret (1) - chesskid3
Internet Stranger (1) - Shadow1psc

Not Voting:

JoanBud, Liar

With 12 alive it takes 7 to make someone walk the plank!

Day phase will end at
2pm GMT on Friday January 21st
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

L-1, cool. Seriously, IS, Umbrage. Take. them.
DOWN
tomorrow.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:32 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Shadow
it's IS/Smargaret
Look at menteions of each other in ISO
IS goes out of his way to call smargaret margaret
and that's it
scumbuddies4life
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:32 am

Post by chesskid3 »

btw this is me expressing no intention to ever hammer shadow
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

IS assuredly. Smargret, that may be a stretch. Though there certainly could be a three-way scum team.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 am

Post by chesskid3 »

did joanbud ever come in here/get replaced?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:43 am

Post by chesskid3 »

it is probably time for a fullclaim btw
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Shadow1psc wrote:IS, your logic is flawed. Why would I as scum, who wasn't even L-2 try and role fish based off a name, which we've all clearly figured on having nothing to do with role. Trading as scum 1:1 for town is stupid, even if you happen to hit power based off a lame hunch. No one is
going
to speak up, and you know it because you are scum.

Mwahaha, I love it how Shadow tries to have it both ways. Role claiming early is scummy, except when its done late. The role claim matters... but it doesnt.
All I see there is a cheap attempt at WIFOM to try to obscure the issue.
(Shadow is scum, lets lynch him)
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:57 am

Post by smargaret »

Bristep refers to shadow as Chris, but Chess has nothing to say about that. If anything, that's more damning than IS calling me Margaret, which is part of my username and not that different from truncating it to smar. Chess is still tunneling away and trying to set up future lynches.

There is no way that I'm supporting a Shadow lynch on the flimsy basis of claiming early. I'll wait until he actually does something scummy, TYVM.

IS is also tunneling on Shadow - Chess did the same thing (Shadow claiming at L-3 is town, me claiming at L-3 is scum throwing down a fakeclaim early and thus scummy) that he says Shadow is scum for. I'm having a hard time getting a read on IS because I'm trying not to let my emotional reaction to his early posts color my read; hopefully by this time Day 2 it will be easier with more posts to go on, provided he survives today and tonight.

Did the mod ever confirm/deny the presence of lynchers and jesters in the game?

If anyone hammers before Joanbud comes back, or if he hammers in his second post of the game, I will be very unhappy.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:58 am

Post by chesskid3 »

BRISTEP
KNOWS
SHADOW

HAVE YOU
BEEN
READING
TEH THREAD>]?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”