Steven Hacking
Steven Hacking
Townie
Steven Hacking
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by Steven Hacking »

what are caps? and why don't we get any?
Steven Hacking
Steven Hacking
Townie
Steven Hacking
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Steven Hacking »

David, you were being sarcastic?

Am I?
Steven Hacking
Steven Hacking
Townie
Steven Hacking
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:16 am

Post by Steven Hacking »

@ David (Post# 39-41): I actually wasn't being sarcastic, just trying to point out how it can be difficult to read sarcasm in text. I didn't pick yours up, perhaps because I was trying to read too quickly.

@ Reck and others (Post# 59): This is my first game out of rome, so I've never played with a miller. I don't think it matters much, because I think we can find scum based on their play. Plus, we can't always count on a cop because there might not be one. Overall, it doesn't seem worth much thought to me.

My Thoughts:

Curious to see where the andrew wagon goes. I've never played with him but I read a game of his while researching someone else for a newbie game. He played scum very well in that game.

I don't have anyone I'm really suspicious of yet, but we're only in page 4.

@Reck: Why are we referring to ourselves in the plural?
Steven Hacking
Steven Hacking
Townie
Steven Hacking
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Steven Hacking »

By "where it goes" i guess i should have been more specific in terms of "what information comes out of it." I didn't see any real information coming out of talking of sordos. The reason I was interested in andrew, as I mentioned, is because I've actually seen a game he's played.

@david parker: I've played a handful of times in real life and two newbie games here. Did I say something that was mean and not realize it?

I feel like alot of the "case" against me is due to the fact that I read slow and apparently don't have as much time to keep up with this game. Also the tempo of this game is running faster than I'm used to in newbie land. I don't have a problem with someone coming out as a "town leader" but I really don't like this two people thing. I understand it, it just doesn't sit well with me. Excellent way to create a neutral meta though.

People on my list:
Andrew - As mentioned before, because I've seen his name and know he plays good scum. I didn't like the loose way he misquoted/misattributed a quote. IT's not strong enough for me to say anything for sure.

DonGrant - Arguing over the placement of a random vote over his name - it could be paranoid scum, but I can't be sure.

It's the best I've got
Vote: DonGrant

I encourage people actually ask me questions if they would like clarification or insight on my play. As there seems to be some "yeah me too" voting.
Steven Hacking
Steven Hacking
Townie
Steven Hacking
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Steven Hacking »

My play style is generally pretty aggressive, but apparently you more experienced players both scum and town do much less that implies scum to me, and so I haven't seen much of it. It didn't help that this game started on Thursday and I was pretty busy since Friday morning until now, and have only had time to really thoroughly read through until now, most of which has been about me not doing anything. For the record, I don't believe in V/LAing unless you're really incapable of posting, that wasn't the case with me, quality posting apparently was. I understand that people have different opinions about this, those are just mine.

As I've said I've played in 2 newbie games, one is still ongoing. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link that one. In this one: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=15644 I died N1, I doubt it will be helpful.

I guess I'm sorry for having tried to post at all, as opposed to just waiting until now, which I guess would have been better? I don't really know. I know I'm a newb and don't expect any special treatment or what not, but what I find really bothersome is that I only barely understand what I actually did. Or perhaps it's just what I didn't do. Either way, I don't really have anything to work with to improve, so what's the point?

BTW: Reck's a jerk, and I refuse to play with him. Hope to see you never.

You can kill me off now, I don't intend to look back at this thread (see above).

This isn't trying to appeal to emotion, it's just the truth. This entire game was a mystery to me. /bah

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”