DavidParker (0)
q21 (1) DonGrant
neil1113 (0)
Reckamonic (3) sordros, Zodiark13, neil1113
andrew94 (1) DavidParker
Zodiark13 (0)
Parama (0)

Not Voting (3): Steven Hacking, andrew94, Bill McQuill

With 13 alive, 7 votes are required to lynch.

Deadline: January 27th
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Bill McQuill
Bill McQuill
Townie
Bill McQuill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Bill McQuill »

Reckamonic wrote:Wrong again. We only post when we're together and have time to discuss things.
Hasn't helped your bullshit play style.
Reckamonic wrote:
Me wrote:There is no case against Steven Hacking.
Wrong.
State it.
Reckamonic wrote:
Me wrote:Or, rather, the case against Steven Hacking is the same as the "case" you built against surds.
Wrong. We didn't make a case against surds.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. That is exactly the point.
Reckamonic wrote:Wrong x4. Pressure is good.
I'm sick of this attitude in Mafia. Pressure is not good in a vacuum. Pressure is only good when players have done legitimately scummy things. Mindless pressure is bad because the point of pressure is to see how someone will respond. When you haven't made a case - as you just admitted yourself - there's nothing to respond to. There are only mindless votes based on nothing. Why should someone respond to that unless, as you so elegantly pointed out, nobody was in danger of a lynch?

@DonGrant: Sorry I called you an idiot. Thanks for handling it with aplomb. Sports is slowly ruining my life. But it's still pretty unbelievably silly to think that q21's random vote is somehow scummier because he gave a random reason.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by neil1113 »

DO NOT BE STUPID RULES:

3) Don’t attack your fellow players. It’s just a game.
I'd suggest we follow the rules, yes?
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Bill McQuill
Bill McQuill
Townie
Bill McQuill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Bill McQuill »

neil1113 wrote:I'd suggest we follow the rules, yes?
I'd suggest we contribute to the game when we post and notify the mod privately if we're worried about the rules not being followed, yes?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

neil, holy lord, could you shorten your signature?
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

Bill McQuill wrote:
Reckamonic wrote:Wrong again. We only post when we're together and have time to discuss things.
Hasn't helped your bullshit play style.
We invite you to kiss both of our asses after we catch scum with obvtownParama.
Bill McQuill wrote:
Reckamonic wrote:
Me wrote:There is no case against Steven Hacking.
Wrong.
State it.
Since you apparently can't read between the lines: his posts are nothing but fluff, vapid questions with the intent of
appearing
like he was actually doing something. We never said it was a strong case - but it's something we find scummy, and that's all we have to go on right now.
Bill McQuill wrote:
Reckamonic wrote:
Me wrote:Or, rather, the case against Steven Hacking is the same as the "case" you built against surds.
Wrong. We didn't make a case against surds.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. That is exactly the point.
Then don't use the verb "built".
Bill McQuill wrote:
Reckamonic wrote:Wrong x4. Pressure is good.
I'm sick of this attitude in Mafia. Pressure is not good in a vacuum. Pressure is only good when players have done legitimately scummy things. Mindless pressure is bad because the point of pressure is to see how someone will respond. When you haven't made a case - as you just admitted yourself - there's nothing to respond to. There are only mindless votes based on nothing. Why should someone respond to that unless, as you so elegantly pointed out, nobody was in danger of a lynch?
Because if someone has votes on them, it makes them pay more attention?
How do we get anywhere if we never lay down votes or gauge people's reactions on things?
Bandwagons help us move past the ridiculous RVS and onto actual gameplay where we get to the heart of things - kinda like what's happening now. Welcome to Mafia.
neil wrote:I'd suggest we follow the rules, yes?
Hey, more fluffposting!

You're right, Bill, this kind of posting is
much
better than being aggressive and trying to force people to slip up.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:34 pm

Post by Zodiark13 »

The back and forth between Reck and Bill seems to me to be either;

A) Town Bill aggressively attacking scum Reck, who knows how to look town, being two players, and fairly experienced at that.
B) Town Bill aggressively attacking town Reck, who knows how to diffuse the situation.

Either way, Bill is jumping pretty far up my town list atm.
Returning froma spontanious extended sabatical. Posting from an Android with a crappy touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes will occur with wild abandon.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

Oh, Bill is quite town, he's just an idiot.

Anyone who has ever played with us before (or actually, just Reck, since he's done 98% of the posting so far because he's been in a foul mood tonight) knows this is straight up Reck town meta and should be embracing this fact.

PARAMA BACK US UP HERE
._.
meeeeeeep?
Bill McQuill
Bill McQuill
Townie
Bill McQuill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Post by Bill McQuill »

Reckamonic wrote:You're right, Bill, this kind of posting is much better than being aggressive and trying to force people to slip up.
Yes, obviously I didn't comment on this.
Reckamonic wrote:Anyone who has ever played with us before (or actually, just Reck, since he's done 98% of the posting so far because he's been in a foul mood tonight) knows this is straight up Reck town meta and should be embracing this fact.
Also I obviously know your weird hydra-meta, having obviously played in several games with you before.
Reckamonic wrote:Since you apparently can't read between the lines: his posts are nothing but fluff, vapid questions with the intent of appearing like he was actually doing something. We never said it was a strong case - but it's something we find scummy, and that's all we have to go on right now.
There - was that so hard? Playing Mafia must get tough with only two of you to state, upfront, your reasons for voting for someone.

...this continued sassiness is going to be difficult to maintain throughout the game, so I think I'll abandon it here. I believe I've made my point. I know I started the tone, so I'm happy to continue to be on the receiving end of it, so long as you'll all continue to give even the rudimentariest (obviously a word, shut up) of reasons for your votes and suspicions.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

We like both giving and receiving.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

Also how about commenting on the case/thoughts against him instead of just going "THANKS FOR THE CASE"
._.
meeeeeeep?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:51 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Alright. I love when games are this easy.

@Stephen: What exactly is your mafia experience?

I love when scum reveal themselves before page 5.

Stephen Hacking, neil, and jerbs.

I'll excuse your insults, because you have managed to point out obvious scum Reck. Honestly, I've never seen Stephen play, but that's just blatant fence sitting and the lack of opinion is obv scum.

Jerbs, guilty of the same. His reaction to the miller claim is as non-decisive as posisble and doesn't even put any real response into it, it's as artificial as they come. Also, all I've seen is fluff posts from him even if it's early that's somewhat inexcusable.

Neil, well, of the 3 he's been the least scummy and his semi-defense of Stephen and attack of Reck could just be foolishness and him not realizing that we have caught obvious scum. I mean, I do find it somewhat hard to believe that scum-neil would suddenly jump up in response to his scum buddy stephen making the most obvious scum-reveal and then attack the person who went after him. Regardless of neil's experience, that's just obvious bad play. Depending on stephen's flip i'll see a case for neil but won't feel strongly about it.

So. Stephen+Jerbs+1.

And I'm glad Andrew is bringing his obvious-town game to the table. That makes things easy.

unvote

Vote: Stephen Hacking
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Also, I'd like to show my lack-of-support for reck's hydra buddy posting how reck's half of the hydra play is obvious town. Shame.
DonGrant
DonGrant
Townie
DonGrant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:34 am

Post by DonGrant »

I'm finding it hard to figure out whether Bill and Reck are Town or Scum. The way the talk a lot and post a lot is alarming but they have good points in their posts that make me think no scum would say
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:58 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Actually, Reck posted everything so far. Dram is just in agreement. *nod nod*

I'm the official poster for our hydra. We discuss things, dram tells me his thoughts, I meld them with mine, and I post.
._.
meeeeeeep?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:59 am

Post by andrew94 »

vote stephen hacking

how am i obvious town game..
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Parama »

lolmeta. I don't do that, but Reck is town for posting in this game.
when did anyone say andrew was obvtown? I find him to be obvVI but haven't really got a read yet.

2 more votes on Steven plz.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:40 am

Post by neil1113 »

Defending obvious scum? I see no proper evidence as to why Stephen is scum, even after re-reading his ISO. I'm simply not convinced. My goal is to catch scum, and when I see people tunneling somebody who I don't believe to be scum, and I let that go, or jump on board, I'll be playing against my win condition. I feel it my own citizen duty to defend the weak/accused when the case is weak or when I don't believe them to be scum. So on one hand, I invite anyone that wants to look at me, to do it. I have nothing to hide. On the other hand, if you make the stupid mistake of lynching Stephen, and he DOES flip town like I believe he will, you've just wasted a day phase, given two free kills to the mafia, and will put us at a greater disadvantage starting Day 2 then if you would've actually went with a case that was fairly made. THAT is why I'm defending Stephen. I'm not convinced, and if he is town and we lynch him, we give the Mafia a good starting hand in this game.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:15 am

Post by DavidParker »

Your defense is commendable, but Stephen is still scum. Although, I don't believe you're his scum buddy in the slightest.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:07 am

Post by Reckamonic »

neil1113 wrote:Defending obvious scum? I see no proper evidence as to why Stephen is scum, even after re-reading his ISO. I'm simply not convinced. My goal is to catch scum, and when I see people tunneling somebody who I don't believe to be scum, and I let that go, or jump on board, I'll be playing against my win condition. I feel it my own citizen duty to defend the weak/accused when the case is weak or when I don't believe them to be scum. So on one hand, I invite anyone that wants to look at me, to do it.
I have nothing to hide.
On the other hand, if you make the stupid mistake of lynching Stephen, and he DOES flip town like I believe he will, you've just wasted a day phase, given two free kills to the mafia, and will put us at a greater disadvantage starting Day 2 then if you would've actually went with a case that was fairly made. THAT is why I'm defending Stephen. I'm not convinced, and if he is town and we lynch him, we give the Mafia a good starting hand in this game.
Don't make statements like this if you really are town.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Steven Hacking
Steven Hacking
Townie
Steven Hacking
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Steven Hacking »

By "where it goes" i guess i should have been more specific in terms of "what information comes out of it." I didn't see any real information coming out of talking of sordos. The reason I was interested in andrew, as I mentioned, is because I've actually seen a game he's played.

@david parker: I've played a handful of times in real life and two newbie games here. Did I say something that was mean and not realize it?

I feel like alot of the "case" against me is due to the fact that I read slow and apparently don't have as much time to keep up with this game. Also the tempo of this game is running faster than I'm used to in newbie land. I don't have a problem with someone coming out as a "town leader" but I really don't like this two people thing. I understand it, it just doesn't sit well with me. Excellent way to create a neutral meta though.

People on my list:
Andrew - As mentioned before, because I've seen his name and know he plays good scum. I didn't like the loose way he misquoted/misattributed a quote. IT's not strong enough for me to say anything for sure.

DonGrant - Arguing over the placement of a random vote over his name - it could be paranoid scum, but I can't be sure.

It's the best I've got
Vote: DonGrant

I encourage people actually ask me questions if they would like clarification or insight on my play. As there seems to be some "yeah me too" voting.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:47 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

No, the case against you is because you fencesit like a boss. There's a lot of information on the table already, and voting for someone over an RVS vote means you still are fencesitting.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:35 am

Post by DavidParker »

Here, I'll help you for next time when you are scum:
Steven Hacking wrote:I feel like alot of the "case" against me is due to the fact that I read slow and apparently don't have as much time to keep up with this game.
No, that's not at all what the case is on you. There wasn't too much to keep up on, but you chose to ignore all the discussion/reactions that were on the table and just fence sit (ie: not take a stance on anything), this is scummy not wanting to have an opinion, especially early on when we need opinions to get the game going.

Stephen wrote:People on my list:
Andrew - As mentioned before, because I've seen his name and know he plays good scum. I didn't like the loose way he misquoted/misattributed a quote. IT's not strong enough for me to say anything for sure.

So you saw him play well as scum once before and decided that means hes likely scum here? So are you under the impression that anyone else as scum would be easier to pick out than Andrew?
Stephen wrote:DonGrant - Arguing over the placement of a random vote over his name - it could be paranoid scum, but I can't be sure.

It's the best I've got
Vote: DonGrant
Here's the kicker. More indecision and backpeddling and not wanting to take a strong stance. Phrases like "it could be but i'm not sure" just scream cautious scum. It's like you are covering your ass for when your vote is a mislynch.

Oh wait, the kicker is "it's the best i've got".. Why even point that out there? This is a huge ATE (Appeal to Emotion), that doesn't add anything except try make us feel some sort of sympathy for you because you
are trying
your best to seem town. Sorry but it's not working.
Stephen wrote:I encourage people actually ask me questions if they would like clarification or insight on my play. As there seems to be some "yeah me too" voting.
Well I left you 1 or 2 questions, but how about just a general response to why you are playing so indecisively and trying so hard to appear town without making a stance on anything. Link me to your past (town or scum) games so I can see how this compares. Either way, I'm not a huge advocate of using meta so it probably won't help much.

On a lighter note, @Stephen(in response to his question): It was reck who was being, mean not you :(
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:37 am

Post by DavidParker »

EBWOP:
Stephen wrote: People on my list:
So you saw him play well as scum once before and decided that means hes likely scum here? So are you under the impression that anyone else as scum would be easier to pick out than Andrew?

I fail at multi-quoting.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:15 am

Post by quadz08 »

Votecount 1.3

DemonHybrid (0)
Steven Hacking (5) Reckamonic, DemonHybrid, Parama, DavidParker, andrew94
<-- L-2

sordros (2) q21, Jerbs
Jerbs (0)
DonGrant (1) Steven Hacking
Bill McQuill (0)
DavidParker (0)
q21 (1) DonGrant
neil1113 (0)
Reckamonic (3) sordros, Zodiark13, neil1113
andrew94 (0)
Zodiark13 (0)
Parama (0)

Not Voting (1): Bill McQuill

With 13 alive, 7 votes are required to lynch.

Deadline: January 27th
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”