SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by SensFan »

Choo choo!

Vote: Kat
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@pappams
– I see you have a few game related posts in other games after your ‘catch-up’ post here. You are officially on notice. I’m giving you 24 hours from this post to give some content and convince me that I was all sorts of wrong about ReaperCharlie and you shouldn’t hang. That’s a tall order so I’m giving you plenty of time to do it in.

--
Xdaa wrote:You've commented on my activity twice MOI. Like I said, I'm V/LA until tomorrow!
I asked LMP to prod you after the appropriate period was up. Please don’t act as if I’ve been screaming you are lurker scum.

As for referencing your coasting Day 2 that period extends beyond your V/LA so please don’t act like it is of limits.

I await your full return when you have time to respond properly.

--
Sens wrote: he was asked to claim by other people, and apeared to be buying for time. If he had an extremely powerful Town role, he'd have claimed it to save himself, rather than asking around if anyone else wants him to claim. If he didn't have an extremely powerful Town role, I was going to hammer him anyways, and didn't want to risk someone else wimping out after a claim and unvoting him before I got online to hammer.
Who were these other people? I went back and checked.

Empking puts him at L-1 and says “Claim or Die”. Sorry, that’s not a valid request as Emp can’t hammer.

DGB posts immediately with “Yessssss”. DGB also is on the wagon at this juncture.

In the very next post bvoigt says he will claim if a valid hammer threat is made. This is ENTIRELY in line with general site standards.

DGB then posts referring to the tired ‘Fake claim blah blah’ statement.

You then hammer.

That’s it. 5 posts. Not a single suggestion before your hammer that anyone not on the wagon would vote for him. Your thoughts on what the situation looked like are irrelevant as we know Bvoigt was a powerful Town role. So your preconceived notion of how he 'should' have acted don't really matter. You hammered because you wanted to despite NOT A SINGLE PERSON NOT ON THE WAGON suggesting he claim.

This is the exact situation that the site meta claiming process is meant to prevent. Congrats. You may be Town as DGB says but your play there was anything but Pro-Town.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by SensFan »

Unless he's going to claim something both extremely provable and powerful, I was going to hammer after a claim.
If he had a very powerful and provable role, he probably would have claimed when he hit L-1, rather than asking for a claim.
Therefore, I was almost certainly going to be hammering him after a claim.
The problem here, is that most people on mafiascum really have yet to grow a pair, and would probably have unvoted for a good claim like Doc, let alone an absolutely useless claim like Bullerproof. So I had to hammer before idiots got the chance to unvote after a claim.

Also, believe it or not, Empking and Goof are both players in this game, and so their requests for a claim are very much legitimate and warranted. Two people told him to claim, and he decided to keep playing for time. DGB's mantra is tried and true, and so when he kept stalling for time, he swung. He needed to be lynched, and so he was. The game moves on. That's it, that's all. Go back to scumhunting, please.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Ok, so the statement about Sens’s hammer you made at the end of Day 2 was just for grins and had no real relation to your thoughts on Sens?
No. I said that his hammer was the single scummiest thing in the thread and I stand by that. However, looking at his posts as a whole, he's not the lynch for today. This seems like kind of an easy misrep to avoid, so I don't know why you're doing it.
I really want to see where this leads, though.
vote: pappums rat
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by pappums rat »

alright folks i have tried to catch up but my work schedule has not been kind to me, and the massive ridiculous wall posts in this game have proved to be a royal pain in me arse. what i can see is that rc and i have very different playstyles, and imo he was not playing very well. he seemed rather antagonistic and hotheaded to me, and i dont know if i will be able to defend his actions, but i will try. anyone who has a question, can you please put it in a new post so i can see exactly what people want me to respond to? thanks.

i will say at this point that dgb had a rather poor reason for so suddenly changing opinion on rc like that. i also dont like dana's switch from rc being obvtown to voting his slot over the course of several posts. afaict sensfans' hammer on bvoigt was the scummiest thing in the game thus far, after iirc not really showing too much suspicion of him. i also dont like dgb and sensfan being so chummy this day either.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:49 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

pappums rat wrote:i will say at this point that dgb had a rather poor reason for so suddenly changing opinion on rc like that.
You are unaware of my habit of attracting mafia bullets at night. When I live longer than expected, there's a reason - which is that some of my key reads are wrong.
pappums rat wrote:...i also dont like dgb and sensfan being so chummy this day either.
Sorry, the trout isn't biting this morning.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:25 am

Post by danakillsu »

@pappums
I didn't majorly change my read on your slot, I just wanted to see what some pressure would do, because there was the aforementioned discrepancy on RC's part. My suspicions are alleviated by what I see as a very townie post on your part.
unvote

Then again, I'm kinda disappointed, because now I have no leads.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Empking »

Kats; How scummy would you say your typical play is?
Also, why Sens/ Does the fact that you're the only player with significant suspiucion of him impact your descision at all?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:32 am

Post by Empking »

Also, would someone mind reminding me of the typical reaction to suggesting No Lynch in 3:5? (I strongly suspect we're in 3:5)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:27 am

Post by SensFan »

If we're going to NL, we need to MC first.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:34 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

SensFan wrote:If we're going to NL, we need to MC first.
Um, no. You don't Mass Claim before a No Lynch and give the scum a roadmap to the best players to hit.

That's stupid.

Either you No Lynch or Mass Claim and lynch afterwards.

Common site logic says you no-lynch in probable MYLO with even numbers. I would support that.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:39 am

But lynching Katscum is better than NL, no?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Riiight. DGB, can you either tl;dr the Katsuki case for me, or tell me how to investigate it myself with minimal effort?

MOI, you're not inviting to me to an argument, you're just calling a tell on me. Obviously, I disagree, because I am town. Arguing about whether I am town with
me
of all people is stupid, so I'm not going to humour your argument.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:36 am

Post by SensFan »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
SensFan wrote:If we're going to NL, we need to MC first.
Um, no. You don't Mass Claim before a No Lynch and give the scum a roadmap to the best players to hit.

That's stupid.

Either you No Lynch or Mass Claim and lynch afterwards.

Common site logic says you no-lynch in probable MYLO with even numbers. I would support that.
Um no. What you don't do is massclaim in LyLo when you can do it in MyLo. In LyLo, you have to figure out who to believe based solely on play. If you MC in MyLo, you can at the very least co-ordinate Night actions for tonight, to help solve the puzzle. Especially since the only dead PR is a very weak PR, I'm fairly confidant that we have multiple PRs left alive.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:46 am

Case on Katsuki:

Katsuki ISO #11 wrote:To those of you who have played with sensfan before: Does he always play like scum?
Note wording in the question: play
scum.

Then:
Katsuki ISO #13 wrote:
Vote: SF
Katsuki slipped on a banana peel, and now we all know he has macaronis in his boxers.

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by SensFan »

Goof, dear, I think you may have caught Scum here, but I really think today is a day for NLing.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Empking »

Sens, is there anyone who's death tonight would cause you to not want to lynch Kat? (I don't want names here.)
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by SensFan »

If we're NLing, we're going to MC first. And then we're going to get a night of coordinated actions to help find the Scumzors.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by danakillsu »

I believe SensFan is correct, and I have nothing to lose for the town by claiming, and believe it is a NL situation.
vote: no lynch

I am a VT.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by danakillsu »

And I'm popcorning pappumsrat.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:23 pm

SensFan wrote:Goof, dear, I think you may have caught Scum here, but I really think today is a day for NLing.
You have to show your calculations to convince me that NL is better than a scum lynch.

Note that I suck at said calculations and I never attempt them myself.

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by SensFan »

If I was 100% sure she was Scum, I'd be right with you. Not to mention, I have reason to believe a MC would be beneficial, based on the lack of dead Power. pappums fullclaims in his next post, then picks the next to popcorn.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by pappums rat »

danakillsu wrote:And I'm popcorning pappumsrat.
i am the black wizards.

seriously though, massclaim then no lynch is a terrible, terrible idea. sure it may allow us to dictate some of what may happen tonight, but more than likely our doctor or cop will get killed (if we have them) and we will have no scum killed to show for it. if we are going to mc, we really need to lynch.

also sensfan i dont like being told what i am going to do. i will do as i please, tyvm.

also, i dont understand your case on katsuki, dgb. afaict that is no damning evidence against him and is probably the wording i would have used as well.

sensfan, i may have missed it, but why exactly are you so adamant about mc then nl?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

After a bit of thinking, I agree with this massclaim idea. Katsuki's case leaves me unconvinced and I don't feel like I would be comfortable lynching anyone today (yet.) Poppums, yes, we could lose a power role and catch no scum, but that's the worst case scenario, you're cherry picking - and besides, with only a couple days left, it's not even that bad. The bonus of being able to co-ordinate our abilities like this far outweighs it, IMO. Also, your pandering of Sens there is silly - of course, if he is town, it is in his best interests to get the other townies to make optimal play. Your last sentence is just plain weasel words. Minor FOS: Pappums.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Empking wrote:Kats; How scummy would you say your typical play is?
Rather scummy.
However I haven't even read this game. Only haven't replaced out yet because I can't find a replacement.
Empking wrote:Also, why Sens/ Does the fact that you're the only player with significant suspiucion of him impact your descision at all?
Post above my vote. Combination of quickhammer BP + being sensfan.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a