Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Wraith »

As of page 16 I think Internet Stranger is chess's scumbuddy. Throughout the game to that point he has avoided making a real position on chesskid. During the Umbrage-chesskid fight he attacked Umbrage. During the shadow-chesskid fight he attacked shadow. Both times he only commented on their play, and nothing on chesskid beyond the odd throw-away deflection. IMO: Chainsaw defense.

ALso, policy lynches on VIs D1 aren't the greatest, but they aren't the worst either. For example, chesskid is very similar to the infamous Furcolow - he confuses the town and doesn't scumhunt beyond OMGUS and flaming. Furcolow is ALWAYS a liability to the town in his games, and chesskid is turning into that as well. However, the problem with Furc and chesskid is that they are very very hard to read, because they always play that way. However, I must point out that Furc almost never uses a meta defense.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Umbrage »

You accused me of misrepresenting you when I said that in some places you included the entire quotewall whereas in others you cut lines out.
That's a misrepresentation. Seriously, I have no clue what you're talking about. And if the only thing for you to do in this game right now is to question my posting habits, I advise you seriously re-examine a) your life and b) the thread.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Things chess has done since my last post:

-Tried to revive the massclaim idea despite the fact he knows that it won't get anywhere. At this point if we discuss it it's just going to distract the town from the important things (i.e. scumhunting)
-Makes a contradiction in post 565 when he says that setup speculation is pointless...Yet we should massclaim anyway
-When smar makes a similar point to the above one, he ignores it and focuses on the lesser "OMG you called me a lyncher!" one
-Tries to start another pointless discussion with smar about not being lynchers knowing their targets or not
-Calls smar scum w/ no reasoning (but seemingly because smar called him a lyncher)
-Offers to hammer someone he says he thinks is town

This chess hasn't done since like forever:

-Any form of scumhunting whatsoever (And no, personal attacks/"X is scum. Good day" is not scumhunting)
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Umbrage »

UNVOTE: Shadow

Does this mean we can FINALLY lynch CK3? YAY!

VOTE: chesskid3
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Vote Count:

chesskid3 (5) - Nero Cain, smargaret, Doombunny9, Wraith, Umbrage
Shadow1psc (4) - Internet Stranger, AurorusVox, bristep123, Jedo the Jedi
smargaret (1) - chesskid3
Internet Stranger (1) - Shadow1psc
AurorusVox (1) - Liar

Not Voting:

With 12 alive it takes 7 to make someone walk the plank!

Day phase will end at
2pm GMT on Friday January 21st
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

One small thing Wraith forgets to mention is that I paired up Shadow and Chess as a scumteam like three times now. (Based on someone elses idea, which sounded good)
Maybe he hasnt read that far yet.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Regardless of whether you think CK3's buddy is Shadow or IS, he's still someone we all agree on. We'll figure out who his buddy is tomorrow.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

One small thing Wraith forgets to mention is that I paired up Shadow and Chess as a scumteam like three times now. (Based on someone elses idea, which sounded good)
Maybe he hasnt read that far yet.
As of his last post he's only been up to page 16. I don't remember if you suggested a chess/shadow scumteam at that time nor do I really feel like going back to check right now but that may have been why.
Umbrage wrote:Does this mean we can FINALLY lynch CK3? YAY!
You may have already answered something similar to this before and I just forgot about it but, if you find chess so scummy, why were you voting shadow rather than him earlier?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Wraith »

Up to page 20. Chesskid continues to push for claims, bringing back the nameclaim concept and pushing for Shadow to fullclaim. I saw the first instance of IS pairing CK with shadow and I don't really buy it, not yet at least. CK is more deserving of a lynch than Shadow.

IGMEOY: Aurorus Vox
I've been in a couple games with him and he tends to be more active than this. However, while I'm not taking the time out to meticulously check posting dates, this might coincide with a period in another game where he disappeared due to IRL issues. We'll see son enough.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

what the fucking fucking fuck
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I want analysis in this thread pre-night
about what the goddamn play is when i flip town.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Prana is trying to make me walk the plank. So give me a TL;DR version of todays events.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

chess wrote:what the fucking fucking fuck
Filling up the thread with more fluff I see...
chess wrote:I want analysis in this thread pre-night
about what the goddamn play is when i flip town.
Ironic how chess requests other people analyze if he'd flip town without providing analysis about anything for most of the game XD

As for you question, it would be hard to say what the play would be without time to think about it. No ones been particularly standing out against you (At least, not enough to really be scummy) whilst you aren't really providing much to go on. Personally, I'd go back to my other FoS's such as shadow and IS along with taking a closer look at smar and possibly nero depending on his posts to come.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

ok
so
I flip town
you lynch shadow
i flips scum
you lynch shadow

adsfasdfasfasdfasdfadsfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsf
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

Weekend is upon us, my posts of course will be sparse, but WTF @ #613 Ckid?

FWIW, I think Ckid is the lesser of evils on the ship (can we all be on a ship?). I really don't think he's scum with the way voting trends have worked out. I was L-1, I think he would have found it easy to hop on my wagon, and pushed a lynch. He's been one of my only advocates, and as Town I have to say that he's made a little more sense recently (until people started pushing him, I'll have to take a closer look at his recent flip-out). Still, IS and Umbrage worry me more.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

chesskid3 wrote:ok
so
I flip town
you lynch shadow
i flips scum
you lynch shadow

adsfasdfasfasdfasdfadsfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsf
the "adsfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfadf" was me making fun of you btw
for being so dumb
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Something I didn't like is that Nexus pops in and says "oh hai guys in Prana's games names mean nothing." Seemingly defending Chese's failed mass name claim.

unvote;vote:Nexus
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:33 am

Post by Umbrage »

Nero Cain wrote:Something I didn't like is that Nexus pops in and says "oh hai guys in Prana's games names mean nothing." Seemingly defending Chese's failed mass name claim.

Should I tell him?
Doombunny9 wrote:You may have already answered something similar to this before and I just forgot about it but, if you find chess so scummy, why were you voting shadow rather than him earlier?
Because I'm pretty sure Shadow's his scumbuddy, and the wagon on CK3 was going nowhere.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:44 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Umbrage wrote:
You accused me of misrepresenting you when I said that in some places you included the entire quotewall whereas in others you cut lines out.
That's a misrepresentation. Seriously, I have no clue what you're talking about. And if the only thing for you to do in this game right now is to question my posting habits, I advise you seriously re-examine a) your life and b) the thread.
First of all fuck you very much, what has (a) got to do with anything?

Second of all, now that my calm explanation mode has been switched off, let me put it in a way you might understand.

(1) You post huge quote walls with your comments included. This keeps the whole quote intact
(2) You post snippeted quotes for brevity and what you claim is clarity. This does not keep the whole quote intact.

(a) You
agree
that you have done both 1 & 2 so far.
(b) I said that you have done both 1 & 2.

Therefore a = b

(c) However, you accused me of misrepresentation.

???
Profit

No, no fucking profit.

Here's where the language might get a little tricky. Try to keep up.

(i) There have been accusations levelled at you that you've cut quotes down IN ORDER TO MISREPRESENT what people mean.
(ii) You say "NO THIS IS NOT THE CASE"

(iii) BUT If it wasn't the case, why do you do both 1 & 2?
(iv) The EXISTENCE of 1 means that you're doing 2 on purpose
(v) When you've done 2, you've misrepresented.
(vi) THEREFORE you are misrepresenting on purpose

QED You are scum

But you're tomorrow's lynch.

What's with people wagonning Chess?
We have a claimed VT.
Wagonning on Chess if he is not scum will potentially out a PR.
Allowing a VT to survive into the night phase allows scum greater chance of hitting a PR.

(This was the other secret Policy Lynch I follow. I didn't want to say it before cos scum wouldn't fakeclaim VT and get caught.)
Wraith wrote:
IGMEOY: Aurorus Vox
I've been in a couple games with him and he tends to be more active than this. However, while I'm not taking the time out to meticulously check posting dates, this might coincide with a period in another game where he disappeared due to IRL issues. We'll see son enough.
The drop-off in activity is consistent in most of my games. It coincides with me starting a Masters Degree :\
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I much rather lynch a suspected scum that claims VT under suspicious circumstances rather than someone who is going to play circus clown until the end anyways. CK will slip and actually make a wrong vote or something to incriminate him.

Otherwise, all the people voting for him now are essentially feeding a troll.

I also say to replace Cain. Wraith read the entire damn thread, why cant Nero Cain?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Umbrage »

LOL. When did I accuse you of misrepresentation? And the section made of roman numerals makes me cringe. Denying charges of misrepresentation does not prove misrepresentation. Obviously, if you could prove I was 'QED scum', your vote would be on me now. Why, I'm not sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion you're buddies with CK3, and now that the attention has shifted back onto him, you want to try to get Shadow or myself lynched quickly.

HoS: AurorusVox
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Wraith »

Okay I've pretty much finished. I still think chesskid is a solid lynch. Scum or no, players like chesskid are very dangerous and distracting. For an added bonus, there's a good chance he is scum anyways. So it's a win-win.

My top suspects going into D2 no matter chess's alignment are Aurorus Vox, Internet Stranger, and Liar. I'll explain those tomorrow. I also think we threaten NC with a lynch if he doesn't start posting.
Show

bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:36 am

Post by bristep123 »

Nero Cain wrote:Something I didn't like is that Nexus pops in and says "oh hai guys in Prana's games names mean nothing." Seemingly defending Chese's failed mass name claim.

Can it be considered OMGUS if he voted for someone I already replaced? Just kidding.

Nero either one of two things. Either a) you haven't been keeping up. You did ask for a TL:DR version of the game but that's just lazy, and nobody would do it anyway because it's all interpretive. If you weren't aware that Nexus was replaced by me then really that speaks to the fact that you haven't read the thread in a week, and even then it would only take 30 minutes to an hour to read through the thread and at least get caught up to speed without perhaps being able to analyse at that point. Or b) You didn't notice Nexus had been replaced, thought he had been inactive and tried to use something from early in the game to try and start a wagon and take the view from Chesskid who is heading towards the lynch. Also I think that the general interpretation was that he said that against Chess's mass name claim, rather than defend it.

Lets get some more info from you.

1) What's with the lack of play?
2) Where are you threadwise? Are you still reading up on the early days or are you bang up to date?
3) What are your thoughts on the current wagons for Chesskid and Shadow?
4) You voted for Nexus based on one post, whereas there have been large cases and arguments made by multiple people on other players. What made this stand out so much that it took precidence over anything else?
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:38 am

Post by bristep123 »

Umbrage wrote:
Umbrage wrote:LOL. When did I accuse you of misrepresentation?
(post clipped as the rest is just posturing.)

Really? Really?! It's on the same page and still you try to deny things!
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:08 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Umbrage:

Refer to Britstep's post. Misrepresenting yourself now. Tut tut.

There's also this:
Umbrage #547 wrote:Now who's misrepresenting?
---

Also, I already explained why my vote isn't on you. Lynch all claimed VTs. In that post. Are you not reading any more?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”