Mini 1111: Wait Your Turn, Tex! (GAME OVER)

Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Fritzler »

Later tonight I am leaving for the weekend. I should be on some time today, but after that I won't be on till Sunday night.
Surfs up dude.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Fate wrote:Hoopla I just outlined the ACTUAL intention behind ALL of my play this time.

The only time I play to the 'YOU CANT READ ME GAMBIT MASTAH" is when I'm town in a closed-setup and I DONT want scum to be able to read me and my role.
Except this is completely worthless in any game; the scum already know that you're town, and while they may not know your specific role, it would seem to be far more important for the town to be able to tell if you're town or not. To me, this seems tantamount to admitting that you deliberately play anti-town, which makes me wonder why you bother at all. Such a gambit would seem to be especially worthless here, where the only question is whether you're vigging N1 or N2. So maybe you could consider playing like a townie now?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by AGar »

Sudo_Nym wrote:
Fate wrote:Hoopla I just outlined the ACTUAL intention behind ALL of my play this time.

The only time I play to the 'YOU CANT READ ME GAMBIT MASTAH" is when I'm town in a closed-setup and I DONT want scum to be able to read me and my role.
Except this is completely worthless in any game; the scum already know that you're town, and while they may not know your specific role, it would seem to be far more important for the town to be able to tell if you're town or not. To me, this seems tantamount to admitting that you deliberately play anti-town, which makes me wonder why you bother at all. Such a gambit would seem to be especially worthless here, where the only question is whether you're vigging N1 or N2.
So maybe you could consider playing like a townie now?
(
Emphasis mine.
)

The bolded line is what bothers me. Your vote is on Fate, which says you think he's scum. But you're encouraging him to play in a more town manner, which either means you're unsure of your read on him, or you're convinced he's town and voting him anyways.

Do explain this contradiction.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Fritzler »

I'm out till Sunday. Have fun guys.
Surfs up dude.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Where did all the posting go?

In any case, just a friendly reminder that Day one ends in ~72 hours (midnight Monday). First post has a link to the world clock if you want to see when that is your time.
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

V/LA until Sunday

Unless you guys want
"interesting"
posting (like that of which I could provide now).
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Le Cupcake wrote:
V/LA until Sunday

Unless you guys want
"interesting"
posting (like that of which I could provide now).
Gah case and point.
My tummy hurts right now... T.T
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by Fate »

Sudo_Nym wrote: Except this is completely worthless in any game; the scum already know that you're town, and while they may not know your specific role, it would seem to be far more important for the town to be able to tell if you're town or not. To me, this seems tantamount to admitting that you deliberately play anti-town, which makes me wonder why you bother at all. Such a gambit would seem to be especially worthless here, where the only question is whether you're vigging N1 or N2. So maybe you could consider playing like a townie now?
Yeah Sudo is definitely scum, I'd be down for a last minute wagon on her.

Besides the point that AGar mentioned, the FIRST part of her post is ad hom ungame related content, a FAVORITE by scum that need to fill their posts.

WITHOUT getting into an MD debate, I do put the town seeing me as town as first priority. Since many people-and seriously,this is the biggest and most serious wagon on me literally almost a year. The last time I came this close to being lynched as town outside MyLo was in PYPII (a wagon Hooplascum crafted herself) back in Feburary last year. ITs been that long- see me as obvtown easily, I use that to my advantage and focus the rest of my play on hiding my role from scum.

This game I have failed to hide my role from scum, and-almost fittingly-I also have a large wagon on me as town. This is the complete antithesis of my play in literally every other game I'm in/have been in, and I can't really pinpoint the origin of this weird change except for my weird mindset heading into the game ("ok, I'll try to post less often and not just meaninglessly because its Flay's game") that may have caused this snowball effect.

ANYWAY thats just me explaining my play and how it isn't "anti-town"
usually
. This game I admit telegraphing my role so openly and pushing a Katsuki lynch on faulty reasoning just for the sake of it was pretty anti-town. I'm curious as to how Sudo doesn't think my play HAS improved since then, and that she has no thoughts on my current suspect list/reads. This, as I mentioned before, is due to her simply ignoring said evidence of 'townie' play due to her being scum and needing to justify her vote on me.

chamber came "back" but hasn;t posted content. Between him and scotmany there's gotta be scum.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I'm entertaining thoughts of No Lynch. Discuss
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Post by Fate »

No.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

why
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Fate »

[insert MD discussion thread here about D1 No lynches]

Hoopla will probably be here shortly with more convincing theories, reasons, and statistics, but I'll throw out some made up ones for ya while you wait:

A D1 Lynch makes people's reads and "world view" of the game about 50% more accurate. People you saw as slightly scummy with connections to the person you wanted to lynch becomes MUCH clearer when you see the flipped person's alignment.

D2 lynches have 75% more success rate at hitting scum than D1 lynches, and that's BECAUSE of the set of flips that helps everyone improve their reads.

At best tonight with a no lynch we would be hitting scum at random, using policy lynch-minded reads rather than concrete connections.

We also eliminate our chance to lynch scum-and thus take a potential shot on town- out of the equation tonight.

Etc.

Etc.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Ok so my head and everything else hurts bad, and my gag-reflex is not being the least bit cooperative.

Fate you know any methods to ease my current stomach pains?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by Fate »

Ginger ale and love.

<3
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by Katsuki »

The closest thing I have to that is water.
I guess I'm just to healthy.

A war is currently going on in my gut though. ERGGGGGGG I knew I shouldnt've drank for four hours on an empty stomach........
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Also fate is not here to provide the love so I ain't got any right now.

Thank god for quizzes that allow for retries. Fill in answers until you get them all right by POE. Processing the questions were impossible.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Ah I should probably stop spamming kat off.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Two problems with "Conventional" No D1 No Lynch theories

A) 4 Vigs tonight (3 if we fuck up really bad) kinda throws everything out the window. It'd be great if we could use them to their fullest potential

B) The original Texas Justice setup was broken via D1 No Lynch (It was a little more involved than simply a No Lynch, but it's ideas like this that I want this discussion to bring up (Yes, I know 3 days before deadline is a little late for stuff like this but whatevs))
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Fate wrote: Hoopla will probably be here shortly with more convincing theories, reasons, and statistics, but I'll throw out some made up ones for ya while you wait:
No-lynching isn't as clear cut and obviously-bad as most other games - it fleetingly crossed my mind earlier in the game. Such a high amount of vigs minimises the importance of the lynch, and if no-lynching meant it improved the chances for more N2 vigs surviving until tomorrow, then it's worth at least considering.

I think the reason why it's probably suboptimal, is that a no-lynch means all the N1 vigs are shooting without a confirmed alignment to work with, which might reduce accuracy somewhat. It is a bad result to go into night in 4:7, but it's probably on par with 4:8 and no confirmed info to work with. It's a completely subjective measure of how much that info is worth, but if the difference between 4:7 and 4:8 is slim like I think, it makes more sense to lynch, and then open up the possibility of a 3:8 N1
and
more info to work with. I think a lot of the towns' chance at winning resides in eliminating a scum before they get to use a kill - that's a very big swing in town's favour. And given there is a higher ratio of scum to townies, we should theoretically have a better chance of lynching one than usual.

Xalxe is that scum.

:)
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Plus: no-lynching is for wussies.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:50 am

Post by AGar »

Xalxe lynch is most optimal.
Sudo second most.

Prefer Xalxe.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

P.S. Could you answer the question I asked you in #198, Hoopls?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Xalxe »

Why are we lynching Xalxe again?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

AGar wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:

Except this is completely worthless in any game; the scum already know that you're town, and while they may not know your specific role, it would seem to be far more important for the town to be able to tell if you're town or not. To me, this seems tantamount to admitting that you deliberately play anti-town, which makes me wonder why you bother at all. Such a gambit would seem to be especially worthless here, where the only question is whether you're vigging N1 or N2.
So maybe you could consider playing like a townie now?
(
Emphasis mine.
)

The bolded line is what bothers me. Your vote is on Fate, which says you think he's scum. But you're encouraging him to play in a more town manner, which either means you're unsure of your read on him, or you're convinced he's town and voting him anyways.

Do explain this contradiction.
It's not a contradiction, so much as a miscommunication, it would seem. To be, the phrase "play like a townie" is more or less synonymous with "playing to win", and it's as much a general comment as it is an in-game one. Fate claims to love playing gambits, but none I've seen have been super-useful, and many are incredibly counter-productive. I have a scum read on him, but of course, I can't be 100% certain; and short of Fate saying so himself, I doubt that anyone could be. But I am confident in my vote as it stands.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:13 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Reading what I missed now

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”