Mini 1111: Wait Your Turn, Tex! (GAME OVER)

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:19 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Okay, I still think Xalxe is scum. More on that later.

But first, Fate. Calm down. You are by far one of the most obnoxious players I have ever played with. I think you're town; I think you're being sincere (though your constant use of self meta is making me question that). But you need to relax. You're arrogant and very frustrating to play with.

For those that have played with fate, does he constantly use his own meta as town?

I have slight scumreads on both Hoopla and Sudo.

Xalxe is still scum. He has been active lurking, having only made one post with substance. His case is horribly contrived. The only thing I agree with him the point he made about Fate's appeal to emotion, but that alone isn't enough to lynch. It feels like he went through fate's posts and tried to pick out anything that he can twist into something scummy. He needs to die.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Hoopla »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:P.S. Could you answer the question I asked you in #198, Hoopls?
I still think only one of them is scum, but I've increasingly began to think Pokerface is town based on how his wagon formed. Xalxe is scum, but you know my position on this. I don't know why you needed to ask that - I thought my positions on these two players have been pretty well known and updated regularly enough.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p2725682
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p2725690
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p2727045
After reading posts like these I am re considering my reasoning I am starting to consider hoopla is town and thought fate was town as apposed to scum defending scum or scum buddying. It kinda makse sence. Only thing that don't make sence is where she almost soft claimed too.
Hoopla wrote:
PokerFace wrote: that could be telling of one of his buddies especially since hoopla said
Hoopla wrote:For what it's worth, the casual role-info dropping should probably cease, because we want as many N2 vigs alive for tomorrow to give us good chances of winning the game. Telegraphing who's even and who's odd to scum is a bad move. Unless of course this is your subtle way of wifom'ing the scums, in which case, continue (don't really).
and followed that up with:
Hoopla wrote:
Entering this game, I was really hoping I'd draw scum or odd-night-vig, just so I was (nearly) guaranteed to get to kill someone
So first you say we shouldn't claim or wifom it and then you totatally just did one
Any particular reason you did that? Also you have played many games with fate, Yes? How many?

@Sudo

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p2727859
Are you voting Fate because you think he is scum for acting anti-town with no good reason OR do you think he is town acting anti-town and should stop or be killed?

I just read sudo's last post. It answers my question but the last part in it bothers me
Sudo_Nym wrote:I have a scum read on him, but of course, I can't be 100% certain; and short of Fate saying so himself, I doubt that anyone could be. But I am confident in my vote as it stands.
This part hear seems to suggest you have some doubt or you are trying not to get blamed for him possibly being town and I think scum would be more prone to worying about being blamed than town, especially before fate's flip. feels like you know how he'd flip, so yay I am starting to get a scum read on sudo too.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 6#p2726566
check the timestamp on my post and your post. we simulposted so no I wasn't copying you we just thought simular at that point. also check the part at the end of my post where i said I had only read up to post 164.

Xalxe your play so far seems kinda angry. You say you agree with UA and sudo and then yell at them for making you feel useless. Also to note your laugh at my post. I'm however not sure why you are disturbed when you had 2 votes at first seeing you disturbed at when you were l-1 is expected but again why angry at people not voting you? Your actions feel wierd, couple that with what you said earlier and what I thought before where you didn't make waves, makes me think you may be worth the deadline lynch. But its not time for that yet I think right now I am waiting on hooplas response before i get off her

I am wondering what may exist in UA's no lynch thought. The math i had earlier involved a massclaim with vidging and no lynching, I am wondering how UA's is different. We can't all kill at once or easily control who can kill when and since all scum can kill on the same night i am not sue how we could break it. If you disagree then explain.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Xalxe »

PokerFace wrote: Xalxe your play so far seems kinda angry. You say you agree with UA and sudo and then yell at them for making you feel useless. Also to note your laugh at my post. I'm however not sure why you are disturbed when you had 2 votes at first seeing you disturbed at when you were l-1 is expected but again why angry at people not voting you? Your actions feel wierd, couple that with what you said earlier and what I thought before where you didn't make waves, makes me think you may be worth the deadline lynch. But its not time for that yet I think right now I am waiting on hooplas response before i get off her
I didn't really yell at them for making me useless, it's my way of calling attention the the fact that they (and you) are reinforcing my points/making new ones that I hadn't thought of but agree with.

I don't really understand your second sentence; I feel as if it's missing a word or two. Could you maybe rephrase it so I can answer the questions you are asking?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

i was just explaining how it would have been impossible to copy you given timings of our posts

In general your comments seemed to imply something against me, sudo, UA. maybe i misnderstood them still I think you could have said "oh I agree and think blank" as apposed to "well thanks for doing all that or copying me [insert somewhat insulting comment here]"

Basically you comments did come off as sheeping and in a good way because you seemed to want the credit for it all and not want them to have the credit
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

ebwop:
PokerFace wrote:Basically you comments did come off as sheeping and
NOT
in a good way because you seemed to want the credit for it all and not want us 3 to have the credit
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oh, no, that wasn't the intent at all. I'm a very sarcastic person IRL, so when someone "takes the words out of my mouth" (so to speak), my response is usually a "gee, thanks a lot," but they realize I'm messing with them. I realize that doesn't translate very well.

I have nothing against anybody here, I just want scum lynched.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Seventh Vote Count of Day One

Xalxe - 5 (scotmany12, AGar, Hoopla, Fate, Cogito Ergo Sum)
Fate - 4 (Katsuki, Xalxe, Sudo_Nym Fritzler)
PokerFace - 2 (UltimaAvalon, chamber)
Hoopla - 1 (PokerFace)

Not Voting: nobody!

With twelve alive, seven votes will be needed to lynch. Day One will end no later than midnight on Monday, January 17th.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Xalxe »

Also, re:the current vote count:

It seems as if the play today is either Fate or me (sob). I would recommend that those undecided between these two wagons take the opportunity to question us both in order to make a decision. Not doing so may lead to a no-lynch.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Hoopla, the question was prompted by posts #187 and #188. Pokerface says he leans scum on Hoopla and Fate, then chooses to vote for you despite the fact that a Fatevote would've had way more impact on the game, notably right after Xalxe went after Fate.
Sudo wrote:This part hear seems to suggest you have some doubt or you are trying not to get blamed for him possibly being town and I think scum would be more prone to worying about being blamed than town, especially before fate's flip. feels like you know how he'd flip, so yay I am starting to get a scum read on sudo too.
Uncertainty is an inherent part of the game and acknowledging this when prompted to by a question is not scummy. Furthermore, Sudo in no way avows responsibility in that post.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

should be noted that CES actually quoted me there and not sudo

I would have perfered that answer coming from sudo and not you CES. I can't say i agree with your first sentence cause it still feels like he was acknowledging it to agar, as though he didn't want agar to go after him. Your second sentence is part right though since I suppose sudo isn't exactly acknowledging it to everyone, just agar.

At the very least I don't think sudo and agar are both scum given how sudo answers him at the end. That sentence wouldn't be there if they were friends. And in truth i have absolutly no reason to think agar is scum at this point in the game. I am just still uncertain on sudo

What do you think of sudo in general CES?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Hoopla »

PokerFace wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
Entering this game, I was really hoping I'd draw scum or odd-night-vig, just so I was (nearly) guaranteed to get to kill someone
How does this make sense as a softclaim...?

This passage describes my mindset prior to the game - I was using that state of feeling to describe and possibly explain Fate's action. That quote has zero bearing on my role.

~~
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Hoopla, the question was prompted by posts #187 and #188. Pokerface says he leans scum on Hoopla and Fate, then chooses to vote for you despite the fact that a Fatevote would've had way more impact on the game, notably right after Xalxe went after Fate.
If anything, that is a town tell - Pokerface could quite easily have elected to create a "me vs. him" dilemma, pushing Fate's wagon, or even anyone else with votes. Scum leading vote counts (especially close to lynch) are likelier to bundle onto the next highest vote getter, as they stand to lose more by being lynched, thus making it the rational play to bring someone else into contention (or closer to contention). It's possible the vote can be interpreted as avoiding responsibility, but I don't think it is scummy either way.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hoopla wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
How does this make sense as a softclaim...?

This passage describes my mindset prior to the game - I was using that state of feeling to describe and possibly explain Fate's action. That quote has zero bearing on my role.
ahh i see you were relating to fate in order to explain fates action. when i first read it I thought your were sympathizing with him to say you were the same. i'll read all that again shortly to make sure your story checks out.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:37 am

Hoopla wrote:If anything, that is a town tell - Pokerface could quite easily have elected to create a "me vs. him" dilemma, pushing Fate's wagon, or even anyone else with votes. Scum leading vote counts (especially close to lynch) are likelier to bundle onto the next highest vote getter, as they stand to lose more by being lynched, thus making it the rational play to bring someone else into contention (or closer to contention). It's possible the vote can be interpreted as avoiding responsibility, but I don't think it is scummy either way.
See, my point of view is that is exactly what they planned to do in their qt, but PF didn't follow through on it because it would've been obvious due to the proximity of their posts. Note that he totally did set-up a Fate vote in that post.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:should be noted that CES actually quoted me there and not sudo

I would have perfered that answer coming from sudo and not you CES. I can't say i agree with your first sentence cause it still feels like he was acknowledging it to agar, as though he didn't want agar to go after him. Your second sentence is part right though since I suppose sudo isn't exactly acknowledging it to everyone, just agar.

At the very least I don't think sudo and agar are both scum given how sudo answers him at the end. That sentence wouldn't be there if they were friends. And in truth i have absolutly no reason to think agar is scum at this point in the game. I am just still uncertain on sudo

What do you think of sudo in general CES?
I'll go over xalxe and hoops and give what I think of them later
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:36 am

I see I missed #235.
PokerFace wrote:I can't say i agree with your first sentence cause it still feels like he was acknowledging it to agar, as though he didn't want agar to go after him.
You explain your actions to people so that they don't go after you; that's just part of the game.
PokerFace wrote:What do you think of sudo in general CES?
Null. Looking over his iso, I see he needs to post more though.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by AGar »

Sudo_Nym wrote:
AGar wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:
Fate wrote:Hoopla I just outlined the ACTUAL intention behind ALL of my play this time.

The only time I play to the 'YOU CANT READ ME GAMBIT MASTAH" is when I'm town in a closed-setup and I DONT want scum to be able to read me and my role.
Except this is completely worthless in any game; the scum already know that you're town, and while they may not know your specific role, it would seem to be far more important for the town to be able to tell if you're town or not. To me, this seems tantamount to admitting that you deliberately play anti-town, which makes me wonder why you bother at all. Such a gambit would seem to be especially worthless here, where the only question is whether you're vigging N1 or N2.
So maybe you could consider playing like a townie now?
(
Emphasis mine.
)

The bolded line is what bothers me. Your vote is on Fate, which says you think he's scum. But you're encouraging him to play in a more town manner, which either means you're unsure of your read on him, or you're convinced he's town and voting him anyways.

Do explain this contradiction.
It's not a contradiction, so much as a miscommunication, it would seem. To be, the phrase "play like a townie" is more or less synonymous with "playing to win", and it's as much a general comment as it is an in-game one. Fate claims to love playing gambits, but none I've seen have been super-useful, and many are incredibly counter-productive. I have a scum read on him, but of course, I can't be 100% certain; and short of Fate saying so himself, I doubt that anyone could be. But I am confident in my vote as it stands.
In other words, "I don't want to be held fully accountable for anything I say, because you know, we could be wrong."

Ok there.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:18 am

I'm disappointed by the activity.

P.S. Agar, you suck as much as PokerFace.

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

AGar wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:
AGar wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:
Fate wrote:Hoopla I just outlined the ACTUAL intention behind ALL of my play this time.

The only time I play to the 'YOU CANT READ ME GAMBIT MASTAH" is when I'm town in a closed-setup and I DONT want scum to be able to read me and my role.
Except this is completely worthless in any game; the scum already know that you're town, and while they may not know your specific role, it would seem to be far more important for the town to be able to tell if you're town or not. To me, this seems tantamount to admitting that you deliberately play anti-town, which makes me wonder why you bother at all. Such a gambit would seem to be especially worthless here, where the only question is whether you're vigging N1 or N2.
So maybe you could consider playing like a townie now?
(
Emphasis mine.
)

The bolded line is what bothers me. Your vote is on Fate, which says you think he's scum. But you're encouraging him to play in a more town manner, which either means you're unsure of your read on him, or you're convinced he's town and voting him anyways.

Do explain this contradiction.
It's not a contradiction, so much as a miscommunication, it would seem. To be, the phrase "play like a townie" is more or less synonymous with "playing to win", and it's as much a general comment as it is an in-game one. Fate claims to love playing gambits, but none I've seen have been super-useful, and many are incredibly counter-productive. I have a scum read on him, but of course, I can't be 100% certain; and short of Fate saying so himself, I doubt that anyone could be. But I am confident in my vote as it stands.
In other words, "I don't want to be held fully accountable for anything I say, because you know, we could be wrong."

Ok there.
Doing your best to find a scum read, I see, even if you have to twist to get there. But, please, if you can guarantee anything with 100% accuracy, do let me know. My stock portfolio could use the help.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Katsuki »

So at this point, Chamber is either flaking or lurking scum. No posts since Tuesday (sans prod post).

Reading, will comment today. Probably after Pats game.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Fate »

I'm very serious about that last minute switch to Sudonym.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

chamber has been prodded as of this morning.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by AGar »

Sudo_Nym wrote:Doing your best to find a scum read, I see, even if you have to twist to get there. But, please, if you can guarantee anything with 100% accuracy, do let me know. My stock portfolio could use the help.
There's a difference between guaranteeing with 100% accuracy, and saying "I'm willing to back my reads up and step up behind them."

You're not willing to.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

AGar wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:Doing your best to find a scum read, I see, even if you have to twist to get there. But, please, if you can guarantee anything with 100% accuracy, do let me know. My stock portfolio could use the help.
There's a difference between guaranteeing with 100% accuracy, and saying "I'm willing to back my reads up and step up behind them."

You're not willing to.
And how did you come to that conclusion? I stated, quite plainly, that I was confident in a Fate lynch, and you've taken every opportunity to claim that I meant everything except that.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Sudo, when you don't end up getting your Fate lynch, will you hop on the Xalxe wagon?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”