Newbie 1045: Christmas in Newbieville! (Mafia Win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:42 am

Post by MrBump »

Glass wrote:
MrBump wrote:Shit shit shit shit

That was selfish of me.

I was 100% sure Ender was Mafia. I didn't believe his Doc claim for a second. He played so horrendously all game and so scummy he couldn't possibly be the Doc.
Except he kinda WAS the Doc.
I'm VT. I didn't want to die so that was all I could do to survive, as I was certain he was the Mafia. That was my only option for survival. I would draw myself out, get a Mafia in the process and probably die that night, but that was fine, taking a Maf down with me. It didn't work like that. Sorry, folks.

Also, where's Kort's replacement?
LOL, no one is going to believe that. Even if it is the truth you deserve to be lynched for doing something so horrendous.

DBE is kort's replacement, but nice attempt at trying to make it look like she isnt your partner.
I played horribly this game. I admit it. My play has made me want to stab my eyes out with a plate.
DBE is a she?
If I'm not Maf, though, I shouldn't be lynched. We should be lynching the Mafia, not lynching me because I made an EPIC fail.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Cirno »

@MrBump
: Opinions on each of the remaining players, please.
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Glass »

MrBump wrote: I played horribly this game. I admit it. My play has made me want to stab my eyes out with a plate.
DBE is a she?
If I'm not Maf, though, I shouldn't be lynched. We should be lynching the Mafia, not lynching me because I made an EPIC fail.
I honestly don't care what kind of bs you are going to say, I am voting you once we get to lynching. There is no way for us to tell if it was an "EPIC fail" or you being maf, I would say there is about a 90% chance of you being mafia as opposed to fail town.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:17 am

Post by MrBump »

Right, will do, in order of the OP-

Laterus

Laterus doesn't give off much. He hasn't done anything scummy in my eyes, so he's town as far as I'm concerned.

Glass

I dislike Glass's tunnelling of me, but I have played horribly so I understand it, I suppose. He did buddy to Thor a lot, but Thor just flipped VT. Perhaps Glass was buddying up to a ProTown player as Maf. But he does seem very ProTown, so that case is a stretch.

Cirno

Cirno's very aggressive, and seemed to refuse logic at the end of yesterday and just said to vote me because we need to get rid of one of the Docs. Cirno strikes me as an overly aggressive townie more than anything else.

Fungrus

Fungrus I'm suspicious of. He hasn't been very towny, to be honest, and hasn't contributed a lot in scum hunting. He's jumped on wagons when they appear to be going well. I'd be happy to lynch Fungrus today; no one else is as scummy as him.

DarlaBlueEyes

Darla just joined, so I don't have much of a read. I do think she's (?) Town, though. Nothing sticks out as scummy to me, and she has tried to help town. I think she's town.

Dramonic

Dramonic is a lot like Laterus. None of his posts have stood out as scummy. I'm willing to call him town.

(Reck, you may want to take Thor out of the Alive section in the OP)

PRE-EDIT:
Glass, I know I won't convince you of all people. But you really have to believe me. I failed as town. Badly. I'm not very good at Mafia yet, I try to make myself appear smart and all that's done is cause problems for me. So I'm going to try and not do that any more :P
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:21 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Lynch all Liars.
'
Vote: Mr. Bump
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:23 am

Post by MrBump »

I'm not a lier, I just, uh, told you all false facts. And I was
trying
to help...
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:27 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Trying to help by fake claiming is NEVER okay. Especially not when you are FCing a power role. I don't believe you. I made a mistake yesterday - but LaL nearly always rings true. I want to see Bump hanged. More votes people!
Show
you done goofed.

Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Cirno »

@DarlaBlueEyes:
First of all, rushing a lynch on MrBump is scummy. Even if we consider him confirmed scum, there is no reason we should throwaway the three weeks we have of Day 2 to look for his partner. The only reason to rush his lynch is to prevent him from talking and inadvertently revealing his partner. A question for you: Who do you think is MrBump's partner?
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:36 am

Post by MrBump »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Trying to help by fake claiming is NEVER okay. Especially not when you are FCing a power role. I don't believe you. I made a mistake yesterday - but LaL nearly always rings true. I want to see Bump hanged. More votes people!
What is LaL?
What mistake?
What?

I don't want to see me hanged. And I was under the impression lynching was by guillotine, but whatever.

I don't have a partner because I'm a VT. Is it really that hard to understand?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Glass »

@MrBump

LaL = Lynch all Liars
mistake = im assuming voting ender when she had the chance to hammer you.

Lynchings are by hangings MrBump :D

@DBE
DBE wrote:Trying to help by fake claiming is NEVER okay.
DBE wrote:I agree with Bump that an early claim of VT is smart as Doc
Hmm.... contradictions....
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:42 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

@ Cirno - I am not sure honestly, but I agree that there is not a need to rush it. I guess I am just mad that I got taken so easilly and we lost our doc. I will have to scrutinize the past day to have any leads.

@ Bump - LaL is lynch all liars. And if you want us to believe you, stop crying how we should just TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT that you're town, since you're a proven liar here, and prove that you're not scum by scum hunting. We're not going to rush into a lynch on you - you have time to change our minds but expecting us to just believe you is not the way to do it.

@ Glass - I should have clarified, I don't believing in FCing PRs. I have claimed VT as the Doc before to keep myself safe, but would FCing a PowerRole (in my experience) has always been a pretty scummy gambit.
Show
you done goofed.

Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Cirno »

MrBump wrote:DBE is a she?
[...]
she's (?)
If Darla is a man, he is a very strange man.

@MrBump:
I shall now begin "Cirno's Hateful Question Series". If I recall correctly (and I may not), you voted four people: Thor, Glass, Ender, and Fungrus. Thor and Ender are confirmed town. Are Glass and Fungrus town? Was it your idea or your partner's to kill Thor?

Also,
This photo accurately depicts the expression I had on my face when I realized that Glass still believes there is even a 1/10 chance of MrBump being town.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:50 am

Post by MrBump »

Glass raises a good point about Darla.

I don't want to be hanged when you inevitably lynch me. Can I have a nicer death? :)
I'm not a liar, I said! I just misled everyone...

I'll post a bit more in about half an hour to an hour, got to go for a while...

Also Cirno, I literally cried laughing when you posted that, I can't stop laughing...
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

I didn't even read all of Day two's post, but it's pretty goddamn obvious that the scum team is Mr. Bump/Darla. Here's the cliff note version

Glass
Dram
Cirno

Are all OBV OBV Town and should have shrines built dedicated to them.

Fungrus is a null read, yesterday when I read over his play my scum read weakened immensly, but basically I want him to be VERY active today because when he is, I always feel better.

Mr. bump is lol. I shouldn't have to explain this
Darla is scum via Kort/her play and by association.

Explanations coming today but I'd like to wrap this game up within a week, we can quick lynch Mr. Bump after I give my explanations and everyone chimes in. (Yes I say quick lynch because then we all get 20 style points that we can cash in for fantastic prizes.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:41 am

Post by MrBump »

I'm not Maf though :(
This game won't be over in a week. Because I will flip town when you all lynch me. It's quite clear everyone wants me dead for my horrendous mistake, so quick lynch me if you really want. You'll regret it.
Where do you get Darla from?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Glass »

Would love to hear from DBE on all of this.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

About all of what? I've been voicing my opinions so far quite clearly - and if Lat wants to try and make a case on me being scum, I'm waiting to be impressed. Looking back I Fungrus is the best I can get to strike me as the most likely candidate for scumbuddies with bump - though there's very thin ice under that reasoning.

Thor was the only person voting for Fungrus - n00b scum might have freaked and NK'd him thinking he was onto them. I need to go back and scrutinize d1 better when I'm not so tired.
Show
you done goofed.

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Mr Bump wrote:No one is going to listen to me on Ender, though, and after nearly a month of fighting, I'm not getting lynched.
VOTE: Fungrus
Mr Bump wrote:How the hell would it make you confirmed? It would mean the real Doc isn't CCing.
I'm not lynching the Doc, I'm stopping them lynching the Doc.
If that's enough for someone to work out I'll go and get flashing arrows which point at me.
This quote shows that Mr Bump is bull shitting about thinking Ender wasn't the doc btw. It's a quick change even though he was VERY insistent earlier about Ender being scum.

K now onto Darla scum,

First off we got fear mongering, she stretches out the whole scenario to make it seems like some big WIFOM of doom when it's not, it's a simple he's telling a truth/lie. I have absolutely no idea why she thought Thor was scum because she gave NO reason whatsoever even though she consistently pushed his lynch. Not even a single
oh hey I agree with player
X
or yeah Kort's reasoning is cool

Her reads here are also incredibly fencish. Note the Dram read, how the hell can she have NO read of Dram when he was the strongest one pushing Thor, your top scum read intitially? Actually, when you read the whole post, for EVERY read she gives she ALWAYS supplied some sort of reason to weaken it so she wouldn't have to take a solid stance.

As I'm reading here Iso, I notice more fear mongering regarding Mr Bump/Enders on how nub or pro they are. Seriously, it's just a simple thing and I have no idea why you're going so back and forth on this.

The reasoning for Mr Bump over Enders is awful. Claiming VT as a pr is fucking stupid, and I'd like to see what game this helped you in. I don't get why you think fake claiming as scum is one hell of a play either, it's kinda a standard… everywhere.

Basically the case breaks down to

Lots of Fearmongering
Fenceish reads
Poor reasoning for choosing Ender over Bump.
COMPLETE lack of explanation for Thor/Glass when you call them a scum team and the lack of read on Dram.

K, so the To-Do list for this week

A) Explain obv town reads and Null read
B) All my OBV town and Null reads need to starting posting more ASAP. (This means you Dram & Cirno!)

Vote: Mr Bump
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:01 am

Post by MrBump »

Urgh, I was expecting way more comments when I woke up.
Cirno wrote:
MrBump wrote:DBE is a she?
[...]
she's (?)
If Darla is a man, he is a very strange man.

@MrBump:
I shall now begin "Cirno's Hateful Question Series". If I recall correctly (and I may not), you voted four people: Thor, Glass, Ender, and Fungrus. Thor and Ender are confirmed town. Are Glass and Fungrus town? Was it your idea or your partner's to kill Thor?

Also,
This photo accurately depicts the expression I had on my face when I realized that Glass still believes there is even a 1/10 chance of MrBump being town.
Damn, I never got back to you on this. I voted those four people. I believe Glass is just a misled townie, and Fungrus could well be scum. Ender I was 110% sure was scum, but it didn't really turn out the way. I didn't kill Thor, VTs can't do that. Fungrus I could see us lynching, but to be quite honest, that's not going to happen. Fungrus is the only person I'm really suspicious of at all, everyone else is basically town. Glass could have been buddying to Thor easily. Those are the only two I could possibly see as scum, but them buddying makes no sense unless Glass was hardcore bussin'.

PRE-EDIT:
Laterus, I unvoted Ender after everyone told me there was no point voting him and the wagon imploded.
Well, let's say I'm the Doctor. I'm getting lynched. Oh I know, I'll claim the Doctor, no one will lynch me and I will be killed tonight! Brilliant! No, I'm going to claim VT.
What does fenceish mean?
She picked Ender over me because Ender was eeeaaasily more scummy and I misled all of town, not just Darla.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:07 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

It's VERY rare for that to actually happen though, nor is it even the expected result. Majority of the time people just scoff and lynch you regardless of a VT claim.

If you were 110% sure of Ender scum explain this quote,
Mr Bump wrote:How the hell would it make you confirmed? It would mean the real Doc isn't CCing.
If that's enough for someone to work out I'll go and get flashing arrows which point at me.
Your counterclaim was only three hours afterwards, why the sudden change of heart for his lynch, then against, then for again?

fencish means exactly what is it. You're sitting on the fence, you are aren't taking a solid stance or side to choose.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:29 am

Post by MrBump »

Lateralus22 wrote:It's VERY rare for that to actually happen though, nor is it even the expected result. Majority of the time people just scoff and lynch you regardless of a VT claim.

If you were 110% sure of Ender scum explain this quote,
Your counterclaim was only three hours afterwards, why the sudden change of heart for his lynch, then against, then for again?

fencish means exactly what is it. You're sitting on the fence, you are aren't taking a solid stance or side to choose.
I was getting lynched. I didn't want the town to mislynch.
Fungrus
Fungrus
Goon
Fungrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:07 am

Post by Fungrus »

I don't have much more to add, I think Lateralus summed up the case on Darla pretty well. I find the "keeping the Korts vote where it is" on Thor thing really scummy. Darla essentially can't make a case on anyone else so she's leaving it there just because it seemed like there was a glimmer of hope in the Thor wagon. I also find it odd that she has a relatively townie read on me, when most of the people, especially people who have been playing very townie in my eyes, have found me suspicious. Now I'm not trying to say I should be in line for a lynch here, but she has certainly drawn different conclusions to the really townie people. Alone this wouldn't be much to shout about but I think it adds another element to the case against her.

I would also like to point out that I feel my accusations against Korts from day one are still relevant, in case anyone needed more explanation.

So yeah, Bump is definitely mafia, and I think Darla is as well, but I will hold out on the Bump vote until people decide they don't need much more further discussion.
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Cirno »

Lateralus wrote:[Lateralus complaining about activity]
More serious post when I get to work (probably). Because that is what work is for.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:46 am

Post by dramonic »

V/LA for the day, my brain needs to start properly functionning again.

Bump dead yet?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:01 am

Post by Cirno »

Cirno wrote:there is no reason we should throwaway the three weeks we have of Day 2 to look for his partner
Darla wrote:Lynch all Liars.
'
Vote: Mr. Bump
Lateralus wrote:we can quick lynch Mr. Bump
stupid owl wrote:Bump dead yet?
I hate you all.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”