Mini 14 ~ Mafia Holographica (Game Over!)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VV wrote:I think that Vi has specifically designed this game so that we cannot game it via plans. Vi is one creative man/woman/beast.
You're right. We shouldn't even try. GG scum, Vi is too smart, so there's no sense in trying. :roll:
VV wrote:I just don't see VPs plan and etc. after reading Feysal's revelation post about mines.
I responded to this already. And I don't think that many players have mines anyhow.

@ckd 247 - sigh, what are you not understanding? I did address this. Most weapons have to have a selected target, therefore they do not cause collateral damage. THIS IS TRUE OF THE MAFIA FACTIONAL KILL THAT IS LISTED IN THE OP. Are you suggesting that's not how the mafia kill works? If so, I'd like to hear on what grounds you think that's true.
ckd wrote:another question VP...if you were scum, could you come up with anyways that scum could use your idea to their advantage?....whether it be in group creation, placement, "voting" or anyting. you are a smart guy, so I really am looking forward to your answer here.
I think Feysal has a semi-valid point about the mines, but scum attempting that early is going to be a giveaway. Later in the game when we are at a great risk for lylo, it may be a danger to follow this plan depending on how thinned out we are. As of the first few days though, I see no reason why this plan would be unable to work. We have roughly 6 days left to move to our spots and kill someone. Then we wait for the mafia faction kill. If they move ahead with it, we have a PoE down to at least one scum out of three players. If they don't for fear of being PoE'ed, then we still at least stopped a kill.

--p.edit--
Yay, now the items thing is not an issue. Town decides who picks up items publicly. Anyone making an undirected grab for an item is scum.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:56 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Wait. So VP, are you suggesting that we cramp up to a diagonal line, (Say, NW, C, SE), and then wait for the Mafia kill to happen on one spot?

What happens next then? Suppose someone fron NW was blasted. What next? We just hunt down the survivors? That soundss like an easy way for Mafia to join the mob and kill people.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:57 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

VP Baltar wrote: @ckd 247 - sigh, what are you not understanding? I did address this. Most weapons have to have a selected target, therefore they do not cause collateral damage. THIS IS TRUE OF THE MAFIA FACTIONAL KILL THAT IS LISTED IN THE OP. Are you suggesting that's not how the mafia kill works? If so, I'd like to hear on what grounds you think that's true.
I thought that the powers were randomly given as were the alignments...if that is true..then they could have the power I had in the demo phase...I chose a target..it had a 70% chance of hitting the target..if it missed..it had a 30% chance of hitting someone else...

given your "plan" it could cause problems.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:00 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

VP, maybe I just am not understanding your plan.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VV wrote:Wait. So VP, are you suggesting that we cramp up to a diagonal line, (Say, NW, C, SE), and then wait for the Mafia kill to happen on one spot?
We still scumhunt and kill someone as per normal mafia game, but my plan with the diagonal groupings essentially gives us extra information after the scum make their NK.
VV wrote:What happens next then? Suppose someone fron NW was blasted. What next? We just hunt down the survivors? That soundss like an easy way for Mafia to join the mob and kill people.
Say from the four of us in the NW, I'm killed tonight. That means one of the remaining three players out of that square HAS to be scum. Percentage wise, getting a 33% chance of killing scum on D2 is pretty damn good.
Ckd wrote:I thought that the powers were randomly given as were the alignments...if that is true..then they could have the power I had in the demo phase...I chose a target..it had a 70% chance of hitting the target..if it missed..it had a 30% chance of hitting someone else...
I understand this, but you're obsessing about the wrong things. Ok, so let's say a scum gets this power you're worried about. Said scum player is almost always certainly going to target in the direction of multiple (at least two) players anyhow to increase his chances of hitting. Yes, with my plan he has a better chance of hitting, but it's public anyhow...so I don't think the scum is going to be taking unwarranted shots anyhow.

Further, and this is where you're missing my point I think, the mafia factional kill is not randomized. Mafia get a NK just like they would in any other game. This kill is linear and can only target one person, but presumably would never miss because it has massive HP drain. Therefore, if we line up diagonally (as described by myself and most recently by VV), when the scum use their linear NK it means that they MUST (without a doubt) be in the same square as the player who was NK.

So, 4 players in a square. 1 person from the mafia factional NK. 3 players remain and 1 of them WITHOUT A DOUBT is scum. Understand?
YOUR AD HERE

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:18 am

Post by VasudeVa »

We aren't really forcing their hand though. They can just...not shoot anybody. Rules don't say that scum are forced to fire their NK. :|. We'll just stand around there like idiots, in range of each others weapons. Maybe wait for some emotions to flare up, and people will want to go whippy. Especially some in this player list.

Flawed plan is flawed.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Plum »

I'd be okay with the scum skipping their NK. Frankly speaking we're going to have quite a few people in close proximity to one another no matter what we do.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:28 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I think the plan decided by VP is the best.

Now let's make the groups before the mafia use their kill.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Fate »

Feysal may be even more damn town than GG
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Feysal »

VasudeVa #246 wrote:Which breangs me to: What say you people of a demo weapons claim? More info is always better.
At least some of this information should be shared, since it affects our plans. First, some more about mines.

Both times when mines were used in the demo phase, it made a clicking sound, so we will know if something is going to happen. Unfortunately we won't know when, because mines are timed (at least mine was). I set mine to be dormant for 1 cycle of 24 hours, and then detonate. The scum could set mines for much longer times than that, and with people moving in and out of the region where the mine was placed, it would not be obvious who had laid the mine. Simply looking for someone bolting out of a region after a clicking sound will not be enough to prove that someone set the mine. The actual scum could stick around for days, maybe even stay to suffer the effects for WIFOM.

Fortunately, mines are one-shot. You use it, you lose it, though you may be able to find another. What else would the item drops be if not ability modules?

By the way, it occurred to me that in the sample scum PM, it was said that you cannot pick up or equip special abilities when you hold the Gamma Pulse. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this not mean that vezokpiraka can be confirmed town by confirming his special ability, since scum could not have one? The possession of special abilities could yet become an important factor in ruling out potential scum.

Now, to VP's plan. I don't think it can stop factional kills, but it can delay them. The scum do not have to use their skill once every seven days, they can wait for a day or two for people to move and then take the shot. But, even this delay would be worth it, so I say we should try it out. We can also keep our more trusted players safe from factional kills, by systematically avoiding them being on the same row or column as suspect players.

As for the problem with mines, we don't have to stick to the same diagonal all the time. Using a A3, B1, C2 pattern has the same effect as A1, B2, C3 - no two groups are on the same row or column. If we do this and make it random, planning mine attacks will become impossible, and there is no more than a 33% chance of anyone being in the region when they explode. If the mine goes off while people are scattered and moving around, odds are that only one or two people take damage, instead of a group of four.

So now, how shall we organize? I'd like to point out that those of us who have taken damage are the most likely to die from the factional kill. The average HP of living players is likely to exceed our current HP.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Plum »

I had a mine in the Demo as well. It
didn't
have a time setting. It was set to go off a day later, and if no one was there it would damage the next player (players? Move resolves simultaneously, so I'd have to assume so) to enter the region. At the same time it did enough damage that the user, Town or scum, probably wouldn't want to stick around and suffer if at all avoidable.

Feysal, in the Demo you used DataMinaT (for Time?). Mine was DataMineP (for Proximity). We may be able to detect the difference between DataMine types, at least after they're used (I could set mine privately as well) and determine how likely it was for scum to have set one depending on the effects.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Fate »

OH FUCK MY LAUNDRY >_>
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Fate »

ANYWAY what I was going to say was CKD is probably scum based on his "lets just play like sraight up mafia lolz" ANTI-FUN SCUMTELL FTW.

CKD/PLUM/WILDCARD (VV/VP)

VP has to explain why he thinks I'm scum before I can get a read.

Chesskid, continue with the CKD killing.

Fate, return to FE it calls you.

YES SIR
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:57 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I have to drop this special ability in order to take a new one.
Anyone got their weapon recharged quicker?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Fate »

VEZOK

fullclaim all your abilities and I won't shot you tomorrow.

Deal?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:01 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Deal.

My ability with recharge times you already know.
And another one that does 1 damage to a linear target but if the target has a shield the shield is disabled.

Now tell me what should I do here. Because I don't want to shoot people with one damage.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Fate »

Move: East

Use your linear attack on the top row, good things will happen.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:19 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Not to sure about that.

Let me see.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:21 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Yeah Fate is right.
EMP gama

Hopefully this will hit everyone on the top row.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I really really want to kill VV today. His feigning ignorance of how the plan works is a massive scumtell. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt before, but my patience with it is finished. We should kill him now and then move to our spaces.

Feysal makes a good point about switching the diagonals. If mines do end up being planted we can scatter to safe areas until they detonate anyhow. The plan does not need to be so rigid that we cannot adapt to situations on the fly.

@Fate- Youve been tight across the chest all game. That is not really the town Fate I know. Really all you have done is call for a policy kill on vezo, who by most accounts here looks town. Give me a reason to not believe you are scum and I will believe it. Now, what are your thoughts on the plan I proposed?
YOUR AD HERE

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Plum »

VP - Some mines don't detonate until there's someone around to hit.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Cool, posts.

Furc still needs to die for that ridiculous shot and leaving immediately afterwards.
Fate can die for completely ignoring Furc on all of his scumlists.
TBM makes me a little paranoid but shouldn't be shot at yet
I can't read CKD for the life of me.
Aaaand apparently VPBaltar is stealing most of my reads. (except I think VV is more likely town than not)

As for the plan I like going A1 B3 and C2 better- still prevents any linear firing but it also ensures that at least one group is within one tile of any item drops that occur so we can use em' faster.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Fate »

I wasnt' aware Furc had posted.

I'm also not in the business of trying to read that lil fuck.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:27 am

Post by chesskid3 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:another question VP...if you were scum

ELIMINATE
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@fate-See he HASN'T. Aside from shooting at Feysal and not bothering to tell anyone why it was a good idea.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”