Mini 14 ~ Mafia Holographica (Game Over!)

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

okies.
I'm supposed to move south to get to my final location right?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

VP's plan has you going east chess, but I wouldn't mind personally if you head south since there apparently a few people that should be there aren't heading over.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

All you haters who kept telling me I couldn't do what I wanted to do. HAH. I sucessfully went to NW and shot down to south. SUCK ON THAT.

Although I didn't hit anything. And something disabled my shield. I didn't take any damage though.

@Plum: So...what, we're just supposed to 'take your word' that you are Town, you can't shoot people and aren't responsible for the NW incident?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Furcolow »

could I check for plum in the bottom left? I saw feysal suggest this, I believe, if my interpretation of the board is correct. I believe I was misassigning the numbers and letters.

plasma pistol: A3
Move: East

I'm supposed to be in the bottom right corner, correct?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Actually, wait. I might have hit Plum. My EMP deals 1 damage. Why isn't the cloak disabled then?

And where the fuck is A3? Is it SW or SE?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:37 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I'm not sure, I believe it's left of my position
I am trying to see if plum is there, as I am viewing her as anti-town priority number one
If only we could lynch, then this would be so much easier. Plumscum seems way less active than Plumtown.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:13 am

Post by Vi »

A3 is top-right

A1 A2 A3
B1 B2 B3
C1 C2 C3
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:20 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Gammagooey wrote:@CKD-Because I already have a read on you.
Gammagooey wrote:I can't read CKD for the life of me.
do tell
Fate wrote:You think I'm scum too Gamma?

What the hell is going on this game
if it makes you feel any better, I think you are an ass...a town ass, but still an ass.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:26 am

Post by Feysal »

VasudeVa #452 wrote:All you haters who kept telling me I couldn't do what I wanted to do. HAH. I sucessfully went to NW and shot down to south. SUCK ON THAT.
Actually, you shot south and then moved to A1 (NW), in that order. That is the order in which actions are resolved. No one was telling not to do what you wanted, we were telling you it was impossible according to the game rules.
VasudeVa #452 wrote:Although I didn't hit anything. And something disabled my shield. I didn't take any damage though.
Interesting. chesskid3 was south of you, and according to his claim he would've had a shield to disable. You were east of vezokpiraka, and he apparently hit something, so you apparently lost your shield because of his shot. If the loud pop was the shield falling down, then would the loud pop when targeting Gammagooey indicate he had a shield too?

I think we need to have a discussion about mass claiming our abilities, or at least part of them. So far we've caused plenty of damage and disabled two shields apparently, and we have no proof any of this has affected scum. The advantage of mass claiming would be that we can start planning actions as a group, and avoid accidents such as VasudeVa losing his shield. If we can get the scum to false claim, we also may be able to catch them lying later. The obvious disadvantage is that the scum can begin to target players with important abilities, so I suppose at least some abilities should not be claimed. Any other thoughts?
VasudeVa #454 wrote:Actually, wait. I might have hit Plum. My EMP deals 1 damage. Why isn't the cloak disabled then?
I asked before if there was any difference between your and vezokpiraka's abilities. He said his EMP could cause 1 HP of damage and disable shields. He mentioned nothing about cloaks. Is there any mention that your Electromagnetic Pulse is any different? Is it supposed to disable cloaks as well?
VasudeVa #454 wrote:And where the fuck is A3? Is it SW or SE?
Neither. A3 is NE. If Furcolow intended to shoot at SW, he should have used C1, or simply shot west.

Meanwhile, I have a simple test to make. TriAttack has a cooldown of 2 days, so I should not be able to use it today, unless vezokpiraka's special ability has increased my recharge speed. Let's see if anything happens.

>
TriAttack(inHimshallibe, 0, Gammagooey, 0, curiouskarmadog, 0)
;

Fate was the only one to use an attack both cycles, and his second may have failed because its target was not nearby. This action should only fail if I'm in cooldown.

Actions cycle 1 FINAL

Spoiler: Actions cycle 2 FINAL
Actions cycle 2 FINAL
Gammagooey

PlasmaBurst: A3 (326)

VasudeVa

Electromagnetic Pulse: South (344)
Move: A1 (344)

vezokpiraka

EMP: East (366)

inHimshallibe

Move: A3 (371)

TheButtonmen

PlasmaWhip: VP Baltar (381), 0/5 damage

VP Baltar

PlasmaPistol: TheButtonmen (385), 0/3 damage

Fate

SparkSap: Plum (393)
Move: A1 (393)

Feysal

TriAttack: chesskid3, Fate, VasudeVa (398), 0/2 damage each
Move: C3 (398)

Spoiler: Actions cycle 3
Actions cycle 3
Gammagooey

Pick up module (436)

Fate

SparkSap: VP Baltar (437)

Furcolow

PlasmaPistol: A3 (453), invalid due to nonlinear target
Move: C3 (453)

Feysal

TriAttack: inHimshallibe, Gammagooey, curiouskarmadog (458), 0/2 damage each
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Re: Plum - we should just kill her now. She can obviously submit weapon attacks and movements secretly. I think if a visible scum player on the board could just secretly attack whoever, it'd be a pretty huge advantage to them. Therefore, I fully believe it was Plum that did this. Unless anyone has a reasonable objection, I'm going to shoot her today full blast.

Fate is possibly scum with her. Now that he's been called out for being a wimp and subordinating to me, he's trying to play the tough guy and comes out with a scum read out of no real substance on me. It's an excuse to shoot me because the scum want me out of the game. I suspect Feysal and Gamma will suffer similar fates (tee hee) soon. A little bit of history: This game is loosely based upon the 'everyone's a vig' mechanics of hohum's Last Man Standing game. In that game, one of the most important things to note was that the scum had itchy trigger fingers. They felt any slight push in their direction was a threat on their life, so they would immediately lash back with a physical attack in order to kill their verbal attacker. I believe the same psychology would be present in this game. A town player should readily understand that lashing out and shooting people isn't going to win this game for his team. Even though Fate shot me for no real reason, I know that if Fate does happen to be town (lol, slim chance), then damaging him hurts my win con. Essentially, we need to be very certain before the killing commences. Meanwhile, scum want to rush the game and try to cause anarchy. The pressure is on Plum at the moment and Fate feels it too. It was a dumb move and should be punished accordingly in due time.

Why the fuck is VV in A1 btw?

I support Gamma picking up the module. That being said, I also am starting to feel that ckd is town. He just acts like this when he gets upset in a mafia game. I'd be pretty surprised if he's scum at this point, but Gamma should take the module because I think he's town that will use it more responsibly. You're my boy ckd, but you have to calm yourself sometimes.

Re: chesskid my shield is on or off...I don't know what to think. @chesskid - why exactly did you think your shield was off? I would presume that's the kind of thing you'd receive a PM about. Seems weird to just say 'oh, my shield is off' out of the blue without any kind of prompting.

Plum tell us your location immediately. The more you stall, the more guilty you look.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:29 am

Post by chesskid3 »

my shield didnt go away. figured it would because i got EMPed and thats what vezok said it would do :/
idk whats up
to make sure plum isnt in my square
PlasmaWhip: Plum
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:38 am

Post by Gammagooey »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:@CKD-Because I already have a read on you.
Gammagooey wrote:I can't read CKD for the life of me.
do tell
Your tantrum and ridiculous firing at chesskid gave me pretty close to the same read I have on Furc- A liability (moreso because of your low hp than actions, but still a decent bit of worry there), but more likely town than not.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Feysal »

About Plum - would we be able to test her claim of being unable to use weapons while cloaked?

If she were to do something like fire a gun set to zero damage due north, what would happen? Would this cause her to immediately uncloak? Would it result in a modkill? I already made an action which may be invalid, since I've had no indication that my TriAttack was ready to fire so soon, but I can at least say I tried it in good faith, since there is a chance it would work.

VasudeVa went to A1 to fire his EMP south along column 1.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I mean, if plum wants to make that move, that's her choice. I think she's lying though and there isn't any reason for her to be in A1 or A3 anyhow. If she's there, she's scum because she already implied that she had a long way to move to get to her designated square and made no indication that she would not be moving there.

I am very tempted to have those of us in A1 fire upon her to out her.
YOUR AD HERE

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Gammagooey »

You guys.
Plum's in A3. Process of elimination.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

There you go. She needs to explain why she's in A3 or die. I see no legitimate reason to be hanging up there.
YOUR AD HERE

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:45 am

Post by Gammagooey »

A3 is NORTHEAST btw to all you people you don't look at Vi's posts.
A is north
B is mid
C is south
numbers are left to right.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Feysal, stop rolefishing and start scumhunting. I am deadly serious about this. The ONLY way I would want a massclaim is if it was just limited to the three people that could have shot the northwest, but then that really isn't a massclaim at all.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

So, GG, ckd, InHim and anyone that can shoot linearly along the A row should be killing Plum.
YOUR AD HERE

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:58 am

Post by Gammagooey »

if the people in A1 start firing linearly they are way way way way more likely to hit people in A1 than Plum.

Inhim should hit Plum. I'm considering using Plasma Burst to hit inhims and Plum for 2 dmg each since if Plum IS being dumb-town inhims is the next person I would shoot at from that 3 anyway.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You should be able to target with a linear shot, correct?
YOUR AD HERE

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:20 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Feysal wrote:Actually, you shot south and then moved to A1 (NW), in that order. That is the order in which actions are resolved. No one was telling not to do what you wanted, we were telling you it was impossible according to the game rules.
Explain this then:
1. chesskid did not lose his shield. Nor did he get any damage. If I shot south from my North position, then I would have hit chesskid.
2. It was clear in Vi's post that I did not hit chesskid at all. It seems to vaguely hint that I might have hit Plum though as per the following quote:

>VasudeVa fires a quick blast south! It doesn't seem to have hit anything.

What makes you think I hit chesskid then?
Feysal wrote:I asked before if there was any difference between your and vezokpiraka's abilities. He said his EMP could cause 1 HP of damage and disable shields. He mentioned nothing about cloaks. Is there any mention that your Electromagnetic Pulse is any different? Is it supposed to disable cloaks as well?
I dont think so. Mine isnamed ElectroMagnetic Pulse, as it seems to be the case for vezok. Deals 1 damage, disables shields and supports. I was assuming that Plum's cloak is a Support ability of somesort. If I did hit her and caused the 1 damage she has, but she's still cloaked then I'm not sure anymore. I'll ask Vi.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I mean, it is possible that you hit her, but yeah...why isn't her cloak down then? If she really is down there though, then it may be slightly less likely that she fired on A1.
YOUR AD HERE

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:25 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Actually nvm. I think it's possible that Plum's cloak is a special ability and therefore, I would not be able to disable that. (My weapon specifically states Shields or Supports only.)

Was there anyone who shot a 1 damage shot to W or SW before I did? Because I think I hit Plum. GG, are you sure that Plum is in NE and not SW?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:34 am

Post by Furcolow »

can i switch my actions?
remain where i am, and fire into C1

hopefully i'll hit plum

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”