Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

@nhamm: Thanks for reminding me of that question, I missed it lol.
@Pops: I think its because I believe Saint is scum, while on DBE I don't believe it yet. Would I cry if DBE dies, no I wouldn't.
@I am Innocent: 3) Someone Else.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I have the virus now - not gonna pass it unless the town wants me to. I might as well give you all what you want and let you kick yourselves in the ass for the rest of the day for wasting yet another kill on a townie. I am vanilla townie btw. I would rather me die though, than confirm myself by outing who I sent the doc/firewall powers to. I am less important as vanilla than that person.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

DBE we don't want to know who you passed the power to.
We want to know who you protected with your powers last night.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I protected Parama. He seemed town and like he might be someone scum would go for as a NK. I was still fairly new to the game having replaced in and just took a shot in the dark at who to protect.
Show
you done goofed.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

...really?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

...yes?
Show
you done goofed.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

GIVE IT TO CKD!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

ignore that
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I do not intend to pass it away unless there is a consensus to do so before my time is up and it kills me
Show
you done goofed.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

atta girl
"Well, I..."
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

your sympathy towards me is touching :P
Show
you done goofed.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

obviously there is this big wifom dynamic about whether darla actually eats the virus, but i think getting a body on the floor is the only way we are going to get anywhere
"Well, I..."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

popsofctown wrote:ignore that
:nerd:
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

your play this game is the scummiest i've seen in a long, long time
"Well, I..."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

mine?

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Nero cain, do you think DBE is town?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

of course not yours nero, darla's play is the scummy play
"Well, I..."
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Meh. I am to the point of agreeing with you that someone dying is the only way for town to advance. Ideally it would be nice to not have to self-sacrifice or let the town lose another townie for that to happen, but my death will clearly implicate a few people I suppose. That would be pro-town in and of itself. I can go down a hero! (lawl.)
Show
you done goofed.

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

IAI 1140 wrote:I can almost hear sotty saying "appeal to fear" here. :P
I'll let theory arguments and outguessing the Mod go on for a little while when it's of no real consequence to the game, but when you want to test these little schemes over the course of two days (we couldn't lynch diddin yesterday because he had a Vig power, now we can't lynch him because lynching someone else could "confirm" him (which is totally misleading, btw)) and put the town in peril, I'm going to put my foot down.

---
diddin 1146 wrote:RedCoyote you have HARDCORE tunnel vision on me. You have said NOTHING about whether you think tmh is scum or not today, and that plays a big part of my alignment. It's like you're ignoring him to get me lynched. In fact non-mention is a pretty strong buddy tell.
Uh, yeah, I have. Go back and look at my big post today. I'd love to lynch theman. Yesterday I brought theman's wagon to the brink before Power was ultimately hammered. Without wasting the Vig ability, there's little we can do. You think you can get off scot-free because you're assuming that theman couldn't have stole your power if he was on your team, right? If that's true, it should go both ways, I think, regardless of who initiated the pilfering. It's all speculative anyways.

You've done good to sell everyone on the idea that theman's alignment will confirm you, but the town doesn't have the luxury to sit back and speculate on Day 3 ability swapping theories. We need to lynch scum. Period. I think there's a strong possibility that both you and theman are scum, regardless of ability swapping. I'm not about to start confirming people because we don't have any scumflips yet.

So here you are pushing this self-preservation line about how if everyone just sits on their hands long enough you will look better. No, I don't buy it. I implore others not to either. If that makes me have "HARDCORE tunnel vision", then so be it.

---
WC 1147 wrote:When we have an easily traceable ability that forces very telling decisions like a Day-Vig, the bus-driver is going to keep screwing up our tracking. With the bus-driver, the Day-Vig is much less accountable for their hit than if the bus-driver did not exist.
So, WC, how do we rid ourselves of the Bus Driver ability? We lynch whoever has it. By the grace of God, diddin ended up with this ability. We can bury it with him today. Works perfectly, don't you think?
WC 1149 wrote:TMH's BD ability seems like it would override alignment restrictions.
That's exactly what I think. It shouldn't be assumed otherwise. If we spent more time scumhunting and less time worrying about repercussions of lynching the "wrong" person, then we'd probably be heading in the right direction.

---
nhammen 1173 wrote:And since we pretty much know that they can't both be scum (although they could be lying about the ability), I'm more inclined towards a tmh lynch tomorrow. Also, why did you list Saint for the lynch?
No, you have to justify it. I feel like this technical mumbo jumbo is cutting off our nose to spite our face. There are few compelling lynches other than theman and diddin. Moreover, I feel like it's at best a flimsy theory that theman couldn't have Bus Drove diddin if they were the same alignment. It's certainly not strong enough to forgo lynching someone scummy.

And Saint was just random.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

##############RC do you want to share some words as we reenact the ancient mayan festivals and sacrifice darla so that the virus will devour us no more
"Well, I..."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, personally, I think it's silly of her to hold onto it regardless of alignment. I don't buy into her woe is me argument, but I wouldn't put her on my top five list of scumpicks either. Still, you have to be your number one defender, and she's also been taking a lot of "easy" positions. I'd encourage her to continue passing it to her number 1 or 2 scumpick if she were town.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by q21 »

RC - what you seem to be missing is that theman actually passed his ability to diddin. Sure, it makes perfect sense for scum to be able to target other scum with an ability, but they can't pass that ability to another scum. They can't be scum of the same faction.

The one problem that occurs to me is that we had two kills last night. Unless someone comes forward with a vig claim we could be letting a SK or second faction a free walk.

PREVIEW EDIT: I encourage her to put some ketchup on that bomb and chow down.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

ITT RC expects humans to behave rationally
"Well, I..."
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by Saint »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Saint wrote:lets let the virus be a town kill
THE HELL!?
lets use it democratically to lynch scum
are you seriously considering that a slip?
don't even start mudslinging and misrepresentation, or I will accuse you of slander. You are borderline for it here, and if you're scum, you're asking for it.
Bunnylover wrote:Ok I seriously think Saint should die <_<.
The virus can be passed between anyone, regardless of alignement.
On what grounds?
nhammen wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
popsofctown wrote:Wow, DBE sent me the virus, in spite of never having indicated suspicion of me, iirc
She did voice a little bit of suspicion of you in her ISO 8, but didn't follow up on it. In fact, that's the only time she mentions you. I think we have a Mafiosa, and her name is DBE.

UNVOTE: Bunnylover
VOTE: DarlaBlueEyes
Yeah, good evidence. Also, thanks for doing the background check on Darla. Seems to imply to me that if one of you is scum, the other isn't.
I Am Innocent wrote:You know if Diddin indeed has the Bus Driver Ability, that he cannot be scum teammates with TMH, right?
You know that we can be wrong either way. We can't assume that our reads are correct. That way leads to confirmation bias. So yes, both are scummy, but only one can be scum. We have ideas and hypotheses about which one, but we can't know until a flip. So what are you saying here, Innocent?
quadz08 wrote:I’m liking LMP’s case on Darla more and more as I read it… hm.
Nero Cain 858 wrote: Prama too. After he came back and pretty much said "I can't scum hunt without an ability!!!"
When was this, exactly? I don’t recall him saying anything resembling that.
Agree with both of these statements in post 1100, but I don't think I agree with the repeated Parama bashing that occurs later in this post, except the argument int the following quote:
quadz08 wrote:Parama’s reread post (898) is basically completely useless:
First, he says q21 should die based on post count. This is not a bad point, though the reaction is rather strong.
Second, he makes a useless comment about TL and how scummy he is / how his replacement is confirmed town (which, btw, he never explained.)
Then, he points out 7 quotes/posts. 3 of them hadn’t been mentioned before, 2 of them were “hey go town this guy’s dead,” and 2 of them had been thoroughly discussed before. The 3 new things he mentioned (pops’ quote, “let’s play the passive game” and “This just looks so fake”) have no further explanation about them. He posts those quotes, and that’s it.
He also mentioned being unsure about pops’ push on muh (or something? I’m not even sure, actually.) and me being boneheaded and obsessive about little things (with no examples).
Then comes a scumlist, and a declaration of 75% accuracy. (3 of the 4 people on his list are apparently scum. Impressive for someone whose scumhunting is more or less nonexistent. Seriously, look at his ISO. The post I’m talking about now is the closest thing to scumhunting he’s got.)
I guess he’s still in the process of rereading the rest, like he said he would. Or maybe he’s not. Y’know. Whatev.
quadz08 wrote:
Nero 989 wrote:
Q21's 897 sucked.
Why does it suck, exactly?
Yeah, I don't see a problem with that post.
quadz08 wrote:Overall, Darla sucks, diddin still sucks, Nero still sucks, WC sucks less, nhammen doesn't suck (though I'm ready for something other than catch-up posts), Parama still sucks, IAI doesn't suck, Bunny sucks, TMH sucks a LOT.
Agree about Darla, diddin, Nero, and WC (except for the less part). Disagree about Parama and Bunny. Agree about TMH. Also, something is creeping me out about how you have frequently stated I am town or have defended me. It's like an ex-girlfriend repeatedly trying to get back together. And in fast moving games, I tend to use catchup posts frequently. You'll just have to deal with that.
popsofctown wrote:
Lat 1034 wrote: Darla is scum btw, might give an explanation later.
Please do that now.

Bunny why is your brain picking Saint over Darla?
Reminding players to answer these.
RedCoyote wrote:
theman 836 wrote:Hrm.... so I'm guessing there's an SK? Either that or a vig but if there's a vig the ability probably cycles so I don't know that it's much use trying to get anything from that.
Why are you guessing there's an SK? What about another ability? What about multiple scumteams? Why even speculate on this at all unless you have knowledge that I don't have.
I never saw this. Nice catch.

@q21 #1128: This case against DBE, in combination with everything else, is quite compelling.
I Am Innocent wrote:Bunnylover, WC, and Darla are probably the best three choices for the bomb right now.

I do not advocate Diddin or Saint. My gut tells me people would love to have Saint (or should I say Vi) out of this game.

If I am right about pops being scum, quadz is a possible teammate. Something to keep an eye on.
I disagree about Bunny, but agree about all of the rest. The buddying that quadz is doing may be nothing, or it may be another sign of what you are suggesting. So my three suggested kills for today are DBE, WC, and Nero Cain. Of these three, Nero has the fewest connections, so I would like him to be the lynch after the other two are taken out by Virus and Daykill.
RedCoyote wrote:Well, let's say that we decide to wait and lynch theman. Okay. Worst case scenario.

Darla gets stuck with the Virus and flips town.
theman shoots WC and flips town.
We lynch Saint and he flips town.
Then two more town deaths at night. That's five more townies dead.

I'm not saying this will all happen if we don't go after diddin now, but I am saying we shouldn't spare diddin if we think he's scum just because we want to get a town confirmation from lynching theman tomorrow. We're already on a bad footing. That said, if a majority of the town thinks diddin is honestly not a good lynch, then that's a completely different story. I'll build a case against him with pleasure.
I feel that there is more of a case against tmh than diddin. And since we pretty much know that they can't both be scum (although they could be lying about the ability), I'm more inclined towards a tmh lynch tomorrow. Also, why did you list Saint for the lynch?
quadz08 wrote:I'm with RC; let's flip it, and lynch diddin today, since we can't lynch TMH cause of his ability. Which actually reminds me: does no one else find it suspicious that diddin is still alive today, even though he held the dayvig power? Cause I do.
tmh being scum would explain that.
quadz08 wrote:Actually, this is a really good point. I would have assumed that since the virus had gone off D1, that it was simply gone, and the dayvig power was free to use for the rest of the game. It coming back today was unexpected, and I assume it would have been unexpected for TMH as well... well said, IAI.
Agree here.
Bunnylover wrote:Well it appears that we have come to an agreement on who should hold the bomb between 3 people.
Myself (although I disagree on this lol).
Saint (Pefectly fine with this).
DBE (Not really seeing a reason not to keep the virus on him/her).
Other then these three people, no one name is mentioned.
We need to keep the virus between these three people.
If for some reason another person gets the virus, the previous owner should either be day kill by the vig or lynch as their is only two reason why you wouldn't keep the bomb on these three.
I disagree about you and Saint. My three are listed above.
Saint wrote:i passed the virus to nhammen
lets make 75 posts really quickly so we can confirm my slot is town
It was established early on D1 that the Virus cannot confirm alignment. The mod was asked about this.
Saint wrote:her recent post doesn't convince me that she is not blue, but Vi has convinced me to wait to d3 to push her if noone gets doctor
I have some role information from my role last night related to this. I'm not sure if I should claim it now, or wait to claim tomorrow to hopefully catch someone in a trap. Just letting you know, there is something you are missing from the picture.
And what is it exactly I'm missing?
I'd like to claim #3, for the record, but I am not claiming my recipient.
Also, why do you have interest in me yet interest for people who are interested in lynching my slot and it flipping town? Just the sheer ignorance of imagining a town flip seems ridiculous. Let's imagine a scum one.

I disagree with my hydra's read on you recently. Your posting feels pretty pro-town. Is that how you play as scum? If you're that good as scum, I would consider lynching you based upon your unreadability.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Post by Saint »

Bunnylover wrote:@nhamm: Thanks for reminding me of that question, I missed it lol.
@Pops: I think its because I believe Saint is scum, while on DBE I don't believe it yet. Would I cry if DBE dies, no I wouldn't.
@I am Innocent: 3) Someone Else.
I'd like reasoning for this
Are you familiar with my play?
Do you realize I go the extra mile as town?
Are you familiar with my vehement scum-meta and easy-readability?

I am by far NOT a policy lynch, and you WILL NOT gain any traction on this.
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I'M POSTING THIS!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”