chesskid3 (2) - Umbrage, bristep123
Shadow1psc (2) - Internet Stranger, Jedo the Jedi
Doombunny9 (1) - chesskid3
Internet Stranger (4) - Shadow1psc, Wraith, smargaret, Nero Cain
AurorusVox (1) - Liar
Umbrage (1) - AurorusVox

Not Voting:

Doombunny9

With 12 alive it takes 7 to make someone walk the plank!

Day phase will end at
2pm GMT on Friday January 21st
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Umbrage »

Just so you know, I will vote IS or whoever to get a lynch before the day is out. I'm keeping up with the thread.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:13 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Umbrage wrote:Just so you know, I will vote IS or whoever to get a lynch before the day is out. I'm keeping up with the thread.
That sounds incredibly wishy-washy, non-committal. "Yeah, I'll just vote whoever to placate whoever by day's end."
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Nero Cain wrote:In my experience mafia say things that look harmless but there's a different motive underneath so a certain amount of "reading in" is required. Sure he said he was against it but then he contradicts himself and says that "flavour has nothing to do with alignment" which really makes no sense 'cause if he believed there is no danger to it then why was he declining it? Just to be like everyone else?
You are bad at interpretation, which is even worse since you are promoting "a certain amount of 'reading in.'" His comment about flavor and alignment was evidence that it wouldn't be helpful to the town for a mass claim. He was trying to help avoid all of the WIFOM that would have ensued if we mass claimed.
Nero Cain wrote:Then state that Umbrage is scum while your vote sits on Chess. You try and justify being completely hypocritical by sayib' that Chess might be scum and that he was the biggest wagon and that your vote should be on the biggest wagon despite him being your #3. It was 5 days till DL and there was no reason to wagon sit.
bri did already answer this, but I'll go at it again. Obviously, people don't simply vote for their top scumspect (unless you count all the flip-flop votes which are simply unhelpful), but they generally will vote for whoever has the most votes who is also on their list of suspicions. It's not outlandish nor suspicious. I myself have my vote on Shadow because he was garnering more votes and I thought him scum (still do).
Nero Cain wrote:IS somehow knew what Wraith was doing before it was announced in the thread.
What exactly? He knew Wraith was reading the thread before Wraith said he was reading the thread? Hot damn! We have a veritable psychic among us.[/sarcasm] How does this make him scummy? Of course that's what Wraith is doing. It doesn't take a genius to know that. Plus, how would IS being scum help him figure this out? It's not like the scum can talk with each other during the day. (If you say knowing that makes me scummy, I will lead a lynch against you.) This attack is ridiculous.
Nero Cain wrote:@ Wraith what makes you think its a 3 member scum team? Are you in the informed minority?
Again with the lack of intuition? There are 12 people in this game, so a standard setup would include a 3-scum team. Is this difficult for you to figure out? These remarks look like painting to me, especially when you don't even vote for IS until after smargaret votes.
HOS: Nero Cain
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:24 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Umbrage wrote:with the way IS and AV are trying to find any alternate lynch, it could one or both of them as well.
Yipee more misrep.

The lynches I want are YOU or SHADOW. Count it: my lynch options lie on two people. Okay, hold up let's look at what comes next:
Umbrage wrote:3) From my point of view, today's lynch has to be either Shadow or CK3.

(so two people)

Hypocrisywhatnow? Don't put me as trying to find "any alternative lynch" when I have two people who I think are scum, and you have two people you think are scum. We also BOTH have acceptable no-lynch avoidance votes (mine is Chess, yours is IS). If you're calling me scummy for my preference-chain of votes, you'd damn well better be calling yourself scummy too.

As for IS, how you can say HE'S looking for any alternative lynch is laughable. He's been pushing Shadow all day.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Umbrage wrote:4) I'm glad to see Nero Cain's latest posts. I'm losing my scum read on him. That attack on IS looks good.
You would. It actually is pretty flimsy. For a long time, IS hounded Shadow for picking on the easy target (chess), and said he wasn't likely to be scum. Somewhere along the way, IS apparently changes his mind because he says he begins to suspect chess (mostly in connection with Shadow). Then, he is still hounding on Shadow saying that chess has a high possibility of being scum, but probably not thanks to Shadow's lack of a hammer.

IS not voting for chess makes good sense (not that most of you would realize that). The hammer is of course the scummiest looking person. IS says he will likely do it if someone else votes. Nero does so. Why would IS then hammer? He would look like the scummiest person. It was a reasonable ploy because it shows who was willing to set IS up to look scummy. Now that person can still look good if chess flips town (not that you guys will suspect anybody for lynching chess) and easily finger IS.

Then there's the Shadow challenge. Sure Shadow doesn't want to be the hammer (for the reasons above), but he said earlier that he thought chess was scum. (Or was he just a good policy lynch? I'm confused.) Why would he not vote for chess? Just because he's the hammer? Like I said, most of you think chess is scum and if not that, annoying, so nobody will be at fault if he happens to flip town. Plus, he says any lynch would be helpful just to get us through night to tomorrow (agreeing with me through a little misinterpretation), so why not hammer?

Besides, if so many of you suspect IS, why do you take so long to move your votes over to him? Scum is scum as you guys have pointed out in your attack on him.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

For the record, I don't think IS looks very town, but I've played with him a few times and this is solid IS. I view him as the arrogant guy whom you dislike because he's so in-your-face, but in the end he is right about the things he said.

This is not to say that he can't be scum and that I won't suspect him at all this game, I just don't right now. I think people want him to be scum like they want chess to be scum, but in the end it's just because you don't like their abrasiveness.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:45 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

I've been on him (IS) for quite awhile. TBH, I think you make a great point in that IS or I could have hammered and it probably wouldn't have been as bad as I made it out to be, but the fact that IS didn't hammer as soon as he said he would (on a VI/possible scum, really, when you weren't even the lynch leader and second place lynch was the one calling you out) seems more scum than "oh ho, I was just trying to see who would push me to hammer!".
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I already explained why I didnt hammer. I wanted to see if Shadow would do it. Had he done it and Chess was scum, it would have been the same as if I had.
Despite that, Shadow didnt. Why? I already outlined it. Its because he is scum.

Jedo is right. Both Umbrage and Nero are misrepresenting me.
Margaret does not look town-like AT ALL. All I seen from her is blatant bandwagon jumping.

Has there been any Shadow-Umbrage connection in this game? I find it peculiar that they both seem to have the same goals, but never interact with the other.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Wraith »

My scumreads are getting clearer and clearer:

Nero Cain:
Suddenly changes his personality after I accuse him of lurking and wagoning. His WoT was a chainsaw defense of IS against me, yet he votes for IS anyway despite the majority of his suspicion being against me.

Umbrage:
Agrees with Nero Cain's latest WoT

Internet Stranger:
Distances from NC and Umbrage, especially now that a wagon is on him.

If chesskid decides to go lurking I'll be willing to restart the wagon on him.

As for my 3-man scumteam? A reasonable assumption considering the 12-man game. Unless there are two kills and no claimed vig I assume a 3-man scumteam in minis.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:51 am

Hey Wraith, how come you dont have an opinion on Margaret?
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:53 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Liar has requested replacement
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Wraith »

Internet Stranger wrote:Hey Wraith, how come you dont have an opinion on Margaret?
Because sMargaret's contribution has been, in my eyes, negligible. At least in comparison to everyone else.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Umbrage »

@ Shadow: I don't want a no-lynch. What's wishy-washy about that?
Jedo wrote:IS not voting for chess makes good sense (not that most of you would realize that). The hammer is of course the scummiest looking person. IS says he will likely do it if someone else votes. Nero does so. Why would IS then hammer? He would look like the scummiest person. It was a reasonable ploy because it shows who was willing to set IS up to look scummy. Now that person can still look good if chess flips town (not that you guys will suspect anybody for lynching chess) and easily finger IS.

Then there's the Shadow challenge. Sure Shadow doesn't want to be the hammer (for the reasons above), but he said earlier that he thought chess was scum. (Or was he just a good policy lynch? I'm confused.) Why would he not vote for chess? Just because he's the hammer? Like I said, most of you think chess is scum and if not that, annoying, so nobody will be at fault if he happens to flip town. Plus, he says any lynch would be helpful just to get us through night to tomorrow (agreeing with me through a little misinterpretation), so why not hammer?
AV, you want hypocritical, that's some nice hypocritical bullshit right there.
IS wrote:Both Umbrage and Nero are misrepresenting me.
REASONING IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
Wraith wrote:Umbrage: Agrees with Nero Cain's latest WoT
MY GOD I SAID SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT NC THAT MUST MEAN WE'RE SCUM BUDDIES!111

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

Maybe I'm just glad he's finally playing this game.

UNVOTE: chesskid3

That was beginning to feel like a policy/information vote. I need a fresh look at things.
Wraith wrote:Because sMargaret's contribution has been, in my eyes, negligible. At least in comparison to everyone else.
This.

OH NOES I JUST AGREED WITH WRAITH WHICH MEANS WE'RE SCUM BUDDIES TOO!11 OUR EVIL PLAN HAS BEEN FOILED AHHHHHHHH
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:42 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Umbrage wrote:AV, you want hypocritical, that's some nice hypocritical bullshit right there.
Deflecting? Cool.

And how about rather than just saying Jedo's post is hypocritical, you tell us what's hypocritical about it. Are you saying his position on IS and Shadow is hypocritical? I don't see it.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:46 am

Huh? You dont think she has been blatantly bandwagon hopping? Thats negligible? Really? REALLY?!?
Are we playing backwards mafia? Is this an insane asylum?

These votes on me are rather silly. Jedo is right, no one is voting for me because they think im scum. If youre clueless and dont know what to do, why not vote with the one that knows what is happening. Shadow is your scum.

Then again, you wont even listen to Jedo, who is really the only voice of reason here. Or even Liar, who would rather bail than deal with this garbage. The scum is sitting right there and you refuse to lynch, why? All these arguments on me are a HUGE stretch; meanwhile I have Shadow pegged.

Unfortunately, AV is off on planet Umbrage.
Umbrage is off on planet AV.
(Would be hilarious if they were the scum)

Bunny is just glacial. I dont even know what he is waiting for.
Margaret is likely to be bangwagon hopping scum.
Chess wont be useful until he is at Lylo.

How am I going to be expected to catch all the scum when this is the crew that I have to get votes from? I would have better luck selling condoms to nuns. Either way, I stand by my choice. Shadow is your scum. I laid out the evidence, I laid out the theory, if you cant comprehend it and rather come back with ways to defame me instead of coming back with something concrete, then shame on you.

In the end, I shall be vindicated.
Show

Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

@Umbrage - Well, it's obvious there won't be a no lynch. It's generally acceptable, however, to say more than "Yeah, I'll vote for whoever". You've just been on every train without much reasoning all day.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:58 am

Post by AurorusVox »

@IS: I may be on planet Umbrage but we fly shuttles to the moon of Shadow every deadline.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Umbrage »

Shadow1psc wrote:@Umbrage - Well, it's obvious there won't be a no lynch. It's generally acceptable, however, to say more than "Yeah, I'll vote for whoever". You've just been on every train without much reasoning all day.
By all means, say more! Thus far I've been on CK3 and you, and I've given my reasons for both votes.

------------

Regarding hypocritical comment, I thought it was obvious, but apparently it wasn't.

Jedo says that IS could not be expected to hammer, but it's scummy if Shadow doesn't. That's just stupid, and parroting IS' argument. Am I the only one that sees how they're fawning over each other?

IT IS NOT SCUMMY IF SHADOW DOESN'T HAMMER. IT IS IN HIS BEST INTERESTS AS TOWN FOR HIM TO NOT HAMMER, UNLESS HE TRULY BELIEVES CK3 IS SCUM.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm going to the store so in case the hammer goes down before I get back....

CONGRADULATIONS Jedo!!!! You just earned
MAJOR
scum points with the chainsaw of IS. If IS flips scum Jedo should be scumspect #1.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Umbrage »

Yes... yes... the chainsaw... VERY SCUMMY!!!

(what's a chainsaw exactly?)
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:48 am

Chainsaw = Attacking someone else to distract everyone else from the initial target.

The best chainsaw example is actually the way Nero is attacking me in order to defend Shadow. Notice how Shadow doesnt have any pressure anymore? Thats a chainsaw.
Show

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Nero wrote:I'm down.

unvote;vote:IS
Why did you feel the need to wait for someone else to vote before you did?
IS wrote:My goodness, how could there not be all sorts of scum on this new wagon?
I don't think calling people scum because they're voting you qualifies as a defense.

Also, *sigh* at still not getting any answers from IS or chess.

Here's a summary my current reads:

bri-Pro town. He has good ideas and opinions and would be very surprised if he was scum.
chess-IO think I've made my position on him pretty damn clear already
smar-Meh, doesn't post as much new contributions as I'd like but its more of a null tell than anything.
Umbrage-Definately worth a good look at for various scummy behavior already mentioned by other people.
shadow-Has a couple of good posts but a really good chunk of scummy ones as well.
Wraith-See bri
Nero-Lurked for most of the day but once he really started talking he made some good posts albiet with plenty of flawed logic
AV-He's ok but if only he would talk about other people than Umbrage all the time
IS-Pretty scummy and tunnels on shadow a lot but and like shadow, has a couple really good posts but otherwise has a ton of scummy ones
Jedo-Seems pro town but seems to be defending other people too much rather than scumhunting (I haven't seen much new on shadow even though Jedos voting him) Would be interested in hearing from other people if he always plays like this.
Liar-See bri/wraith

As you can see, there are a lot of scummy people but I'd feel safest by voting chess although if IS needs more votes when it gets closer to deadline, I'd have no problem with it.

Vote: chess
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I like how Smargaret just gets a free pass for not providing any content when she's being rather obvscum.
IS is town
what else did people want of me, I forget.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Nero/Doom; do you disagree with what Jedo said in his latest post, or do you just not like that he's defending IS?

Follow up question for Jedo waiting in the wings...
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”