mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by mongoose »

Exe wrote:
mongoose wrote:IF I TALK LIKE THIS AM I A OBV TOWN? COOL! LET ME TRY.

FROM PERSONALLY PLAYING MAFIA, I FIND THAT IF SOMEONE POSTS SAYING THAT THEY "FORGOT" TO SEND IN THEIR ACTION THEY ARE LIKELY SCUM, ESPECIALLY IF THEY WERE "SICK" WHILE THEIR PARTNER WAS BEING LYNCHED. HOWEVER AS I AM THE LIKELY VICTIM OF THIS BUT AM CLEARLY NOT SCUM (AT LEAST IN MY MIND), I FELT FURTHER CLARIFICATION WAS NEEDED. LOOK AT IT FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, AS BOTH A MAFIA AND TOWNIE, AND ASK YOURSELF WHAT YOU WOULD DO. I FIND THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO SCUM HUNT, BUT WHAT YOU FIND IS GLARINGLY OBVIOUS.

ALSO, I SEEM TO HAVE MISSED THE PART IN WHICH RENA WAS DEEMED TOWN. MAY I SEE IT?
ONLY SCUM FEEL THE NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY THEY ARE TOWN, OR NOT SCUM.

ALSO, YOU SEEM TO HAVE MISSED THE PART WHERE CAPS LOCK PEOPLE DON'T USE FULL PARAGRAPHS. THIS IS A SCUMTELL.
THis is the most pathetic, overused, argument I have ever heard. No one sane joins a game, gets accused, and once accused says something like "I am not scum, simple as that" and continues playing. Everyone will defend themselves. Its natural. its human. We play to have fun, no to die in one game so we can join another. Obviously everyone wants to survive.
Exe wrote:It's also really boring. And winning is just barely less important than having fun.

AND I'M NOT HAVING FUN RAWR. LYNCH NAO.
Oh the irony. This "having fun" buisness only applies to you, I see?
Fate wrote:Mongoose changing his posting style to try and appear more town.

He is now confirmed scum, cool.
Fate just changed his posting style. He is confirmed scum. Really? no one can take a joke? Oh yeah, forgot, This whole fun thing went down the drain.
Scott Brosius wrote: The only game I've played with you, we had a player forget his action as tracker and he was town.

Unvote
Vote: Mongoose
I remember the game. Bondoox right? I was in the kingmaker situation and he said he forgot his action one night. What happened? Last I checked he died because of it, which explains why I was cautious. If one person gets lynched because he forgets his action and now I forget, what do you think I believe the consensus will be?
Go Hawkeyes!
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:52 am

Post by Exe »

LOL Mongoose is squirming SO HARD. ROFL ROFL.
Mongoose wrote:THis is the most pathetic, overused, argument I have ever heard. No one sane joins a game, gets accused, and once accused says something like "I am not scum, simple as that" and continues playing. Everyone will defend themselves. Its natural. its human. We play to have fun, no to die in one game so we can join another. Obviously everyone wants to survive.
Reworded: "This argument is stupid because it catches me as scum EVERY DAMN TIME."
Mongoose wrote:Oh the irony. This "having fun" buisness only applies to you, I see?
SCUM AREN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN.

Can we lynch this scumbag!?!?!? PLZ PLZ PLZ.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:15 am

Post by mongoose »

Exe wrote:LOL Mongoose is squirming SO HARD. ROFL ROFL.
Mongoose wrote:THis is the most pathetic, overused, argument I have ever heard. No one sane joins a game, gets accused, and once accused says something like "I am not scum, simple as that" and continues playing. Everyone will defend themselves. Its natural. its human. We play to have fun, no to die in one game so we can join another. Obviously everyone wants to survive.
Reworded: "This argument is stupid because it catches me as scum EVERY DAMN TIME."

Can we lynch this scumbag!?!?!? PLZ PLZ PLZ.
actually you hit the nail on the head. It catches me seemingly every single time, REgardless of faction. As such I find it is a rather pointless and baseless argument.
Go Hawkeyes!
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Fate »

Unvote:

Robocop. More posts.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Exe »

mongoose wrote:actually you hit the nail on the head. It catches me seemingly every single time, REgardless of faction. As such I find it is a rather pointless and baseless argument.
Mmhmm. Righto then. Scummy defense is scummy.

Where is my vote these days?
Unvote. Vote:Mongoose
ought to be here.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:19 am

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Mongoose is town, guys. This is ShadoWolf all over again. Seriously, the case on him is filled with almost as many false scum-tells as Shado's was. How about we attack scum now? Namely LL, Robo, and Mafuyu. Scott would be on that list, but seeing as even if Scott is scum he's going to vig his buddy for us soon he can live for now.

~Fugi

P.S. My other head FoS'd Mongoose, I don't agree with it at all.
Show
IIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUU JESUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

"Oi, I'm already sick of THB."
~ Cobblerfone
"That was... schitzophrenically entertaining."
~ Pine
"Fugi + Pie = I like life"
~ Parama
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Exe »

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Mongoose is town, guys. This is ShadoWolf all over again. Seriously, the case on him is filled with almost as many false scum-tells as Shado's was. How about we attack scum now? Namely LL, Robo, and Mafuyu. Scott would be on that list, but seeing as even if Scott is scum he's going to vig his buddy for us soon he can live for now.

~Fugi

Hmmmm. Nope.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Mongoose is town, guys. This is ShadoWolf all over again. Seriously, the case on him is filled with almost as many false scum-tells as Shado's was. How about we attack scum now? Namely LL, Robo, and Mafuyu. Scott would be on that list, but seeing as even if Scott is scum he's going to vig his buddy for us soon he can live for now.

~Fugi

You're so deluded.

You don't see Mongooses play as scummy?

You instead decide to equate bad play with town play.

Essentially what you have stated is that if a player plays like a VI, they are town. This is an incorrect assumption on your part, and the main reason why you are deluded.

Want to try explaining why Mongoose is town again? Or would you prefer to continue down this road of "Mongoose's play is SO bad, he MUST be town"?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:20 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

Who were the claimed Millers again btw, and did we ever determine if they should give us their PDs for the Miller times for the next couple of time frames?

On Mongoose, I am of the opinion that he might be town. We've gutted one scum, we know who another is. It is almost assuredly that scum are trying to lay as low as possible at this point and bandwagon rather than look VI or stick his neck out and talk a lot. I could be wrong, but I just don't think that would be the proper play. My gut tells me we should be concentrating on Mafuyu, Rena, and Robocopter, but more than likely someone who is skating through the game is scum as well.
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:21 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

bleh... ^-Panda

This is my first Hydra, and gotta say, I am not too fond of Hydraing lol, especially since my partner isn't as active as I am.
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:03 am

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

~Fugi

You're so deluded.

Essentially what you have stated is that if a player plays like a VI, they are town. This is an incorrect assumption on your part, and the main reason why you are deluded.

Want to try explaining why Mongoose is town again? Or would you prefer to continue down this road of "Mongoose's play is SO bad, he MUST be town"?
Nice ad hominem in the first line.

I never said anything along the lines of "he's playing bad so he must be town." Equating bad play to towniness or scuminess is a terrible idea. Good job misrepresenting me and putting words in my mouth though, AGAIN. I said he's being accused on false scum-tells and he's not scum. Innocent until proven guilty, essentially. That is why I don't have to
explain
why he's town. I should never have to explain why anyone is town, only the reverse. Once I see a legitimate scum-tell (feel free to try to point one out) then I'll agree that he's scummy. Again, I HAVE NOT SAID ANYTHING ALONG THE LINES OF BAD PLAY OR VI PLAYERS MUST BE TOWN. (Robo for example plays terribly and is scum).

GQPoS: LL

Not that your opinion really matters, scum, just stop putting words in my mouth so people who don't read the whole thread won't think I actually said that shit.

~Fugi
Show

~ Cobblerfone
~ Pine
~ Parama
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:12 am

Dude, we've all agreed that Mongooses play is horrid.

So tell me, OTHER than the fact that his play is horrible, what is the town tell you see in him?

As for legit scum tells, how about this one: Real town don't need to explain why they are town. They just hunt scums, and let their play talk for them. Mongoose was WAY too worried about having people "think he is scum".

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Rena »

Robocopter87 wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Did Robo just post something that... looks like content?

~Pie
themanhimself wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Did Robo just post something that... looks like content?

~Pie
Under pressure, is that meaningful?
:igmeou: Well, thanks for the compliment. [/sarcasm]
WHEN DID YOU BECOME A ROBOCOP?

People calling me scum makes me ;/
But when I shoot scum everything will be happy again!
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:15 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

~Fugi

You're so deluded.

Nice ad hominem in the first line.

I never said anything along the lines of "he's playing bad so he must be town." Equating bad play to towniness or scuminess is a terrible idea. Good job misrepresenting me and putting words in my mouth though, AGAIN. I said he's being accused on false scum-tells and he's not scum. Innocent until proven guilty, essentially. That is why I don't have to
explain
why he's town. I should never have to explain why anyone is town, only the reverse. Once I see a legitimate scum-tell (feel free to try to point one out) then I'll agree that he's scummy. Again, I HAVE NOT SAID ANYTHING ALONG THE LINES OF BAD PLAY OR VI PLAYERS MUST BE TOWN. (Robo for example plays terribly and is scum).

GQPoS: LL

Not that your opinion really matters, scum, just stop putting words in my mouth so people who don't read the whole thread won't think I actually said that shit.

~Fugi

Also, throw as many FoS's as you want on me. You've provided 0 content as to why I'm scum. All you've done is state "I think LL is scum". How about a case man? Because at the moment you're just throwing names out there with limited reasoning, just so you can say you are scum hunting.

P-Edit: Rena, T minus how many days till scum gets shot?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Exe »

@THB: Calling you "deluded" is not ad hominem. It's an observation that has no implication on character. It's practically synonymous with saying "you're so wrong," which is also not ad hom.

TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:36 am

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Dude, we've all agreed that Mongooses play is horrid.
Never said he was playing well.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:As for legit scum tells, how about this one: Real town don't need to explain why they are town. They just hunt scums, and let their play talk for them. Mongoose was WAY too worried about having people "think he is scum".
If you think this is anything but sarcasm then you're wrong:

FROM PERSONALLY PLAYING MAFIA, I FIND THAT IF SOMEONE POSTS SAYING THAT THEY "FORGOT" TO SEND IN THEIR ACTION THEY ARE LIKELY SCUM, ESPECIALLY IF THEY WERE "SICK" WHILE THEIR PARTNER WAS BEING LYNCHED. HOWEVER AS I AM THE LIKELY VICTIM OF THIS BUT AM CLEARLY NOT SCUM (AT LEAST IN MY MIND), I FELT FURTHER CLARIFICATION WAS NEEDED. LOOK AT IT FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, AS BOTH A MAFIA AND TOWNIE, AND ASK YOURSELF WHAT YOU WOULD DO. I FIND THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO SCUM HUNT, BUT WHAT YOU FIND IS GLARINGLY OBVIOUS.

ALSO, I SEEM TO HAVE MISSED THE PART IN WHICH RENA WAS DEEMED TOWN. MAY I SEE IT?
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:So tell me, OTHER than the fact that his play is horrible, what is the town tell you see in him?
I don't see any town-tells, per say. Did you even read my post? I said that innocent until proven guilty is the (at least my) main mafia method. I don't see any scum-tells, and that's good enough for me.

----------------

As for scum-tells on you. Seriously? You're claiming I have nothing on you? How about you read my ISO where we had that little back and forth D1. Let's start with the fact that every time I post you misrepresent my words. There is NO town motivation whatsoever to twist the meaning of my posts. In fact, that is the largest scum-tell in all of mafia. I cannot see any town actually quoting my post and telling me what I meant. i.e. quoting me and saying that I said "bad players = town." Not only was it completely wrong, but the only reason to ever summarize what someone is saying (especially incorrectly) is to try to twist it into a scum-tell.

~Fugi

P.S. I'd be voting you if I thought you could be lynched, hence the FoSes instead.

P-Edit: @Exe - Calling someone deluded is an insult to their character and has vastly different implications than just saying they are wrong and I will stand by that. Deluded refers to a person's entire thought process while saying they are wrong simply refers to a single thought, therefore rendering "deluded" as an attack on the person and "wrong" as an attack on their words.
Show

~ Cobblerfone
~ Pine
~ Parama
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:51 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Dude, we've all agreed that Mongooses play is horrid.
Never said he was playing well.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:As for legit scum tells, how about this one: Real town don't need to explain why they are town. They just hunt scums, and let their play talk for them. Mongoose was WAY too worried about having people "think he is scum".
If you think this is anything but sarcasm then you're wrong:

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:So tell me, OTHER than the fact that his play is horrible, what is the town tell you see in him?
I don't see any town-tells, per say. Did you even read my post? I said that innocent until proven guilty is the (at least my) main mafia method. I don't see any scum-tells, and that's good enough for me.

----------------

As for scum-tells on you. Seriously? You're claiming I have nothing on you? How about you read my ISO where we had that little back and forth D1. Let's start with the fact that every time I post you misrepresent my words. There is NO town motivation whatsoever to twist the meaning of my posts. In fact, that is the largest scum-tell in all of mafia. I cannot see any town actually quoting my post and telling me what I meant. i.e. quoting me and saying that I said "bad players = town." Not only was it completely wrong, but the only reason to ever summarize what someone is saying (especially incorrectly) is to try to twist it into a scum-tell.

~Fugi

P.S. I'd be voting you if I thought you could be lynched, hence the FoSes instead.

P-Edit: @Exe - Calling someone deluded is an insult to their character and has vastly different implications than just saying they are wrong and I will stand by that. Deluded refers to a person's entire thought process while saying they are wrong simply refers to a single thought, therefore rendering "deluded" as an attack on the person and "wrong" as an attack on their words.

Note that "deluded" doesn't mean I think you're stupid. You're clearly not. It means you're fucking wrong. You are deluded about what this current series of events implies. Not overall.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Exe »

@THB: I implore you to check http://i.m-w.com/dictionary/deluded
Deluded does not have anything to do with your overall thinking abilities. If he had said "THB is such a deluded person," that would be another story. However, he said "you are deluded" as in "you are misled" or "you are wrong."
Stop trying to turn a legitimate statement into Ad Hom.

Oh and for the record, regardless of the definition of "deluded," it wasn't an ad hominem argument. LL in no way suggested that your argument was wrong due to a character flaw, which would be what an ad hominem argument is.

/end seriousness

CAN WE LYNCH FREAKING MONGOOSE SCUM OR WHAT!?

TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:56 am

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Note that "deluded" doesn't mean I think you're stupid. You're clearly not.
Thanks!

but uh... you didn't respond to anything I said content-wise. :neutral:
Show

~ Cobblerfone
~ Pine
~ Parama
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

We are either lynching TheManHimself, or we are waiting for a vig shot to kill TheManHimself before moving to another lynch.

We are not abandoning known scum for something random and less probabilty.
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

@Exe - it depends on the context. The exact line was "you're so deluded."

You're so deluded = You are so deluded = THB is so deluded.
Exe wrote:If he had said "THB is such a deluded person,"
THB is so deluded = THB is such a deluded person

It really depends on the context you take it in. I understand what she meant and what context you read, but with a statement as vague as "you're so deluded" it can easily be received as ad hom.

/drops argument now because it's been rendered irrelevant

~Fugi
Show

~ Cobblerfone
~ Pine
~ Parama
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Exe »

CupcakePanda wrote:We are not abandoning known scum for something random and less probabilty.
I do not like this post.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:55 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Note that "deluded" doesn't mean I think you're stupid. You're clearly not.
Thanks!

but uh... you didn't respond to anything I said content-wise. :neutral:

Eh. Look at it this way. I'm looking at your argument, and it's merely based upon my interpretation of your post.

If I interpret something wrong, it's your job to tell me what you really meant. (Just like how I showed you what I meant about Deluded).

Sumimasen <3

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Exe »

LL gets townie points for speaking in Japanese.

KitoMo
KitoMo
Townie
KitoMo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by KitoMo »

Fate wrote:
Unvote:

Robocop. More posts.
Damn. Didn't see it coming that it'd be you to ditch out on my awesome wagon parade. Thanks man!
Exe wrote:LL gets townie points for speaking in Japanese.
You're a joke.

Sooo, I just got the wonderful news that Kitoari flaked the site and is leaving me alone in this
18 player game
! I haven't decided whether I'll stay on this account for iso-happy purposes or if I'll leave this account because it reminds me of how much it annoys me that he flaked! He never actually posted anything useful when he was here though, but I liked the moral support since I don't actually like playing in large games.

Can those of you not voting Robo explain to me what he has done that makes him town? Muuuch appreciated.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”