chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm more confident in Smargaret scum than IS scum, and I don't see them scum together.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

chesskid3 wrote:avatar bets are not against site rules
"Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes,
wagers
, promises, alliances, etc."

Now explain how a bet is NOT a wager.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

explain how they're super common then, if they're illegal.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Nice for admitting that I caught you.

+ IS needs to full claim NOA!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Is IS at L-1?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Wraith wrote:All three of my suspects initially turned immediately hostile toward me, then NC and Umbrage started bussing IS.
Nope. Try again.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Umbrage »

And IS should still be at L-3.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

If he's not at L-1 why is NC demanding a claim?
Hook of Suspicion: NC
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

how about hooker of suspicion?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Wraith »

Okay, maybe I should state this more clearly. THROUGH MY EYES (read: this is biased; that means you NC and Umbrage), four factions have developed:

IS/NC/Umbrage
Jedo/smargaret/shadow
chesskid
everyone else

In GENERAL, the IS/NC/Umbrage faction is trying to get one from the Jedo/smargaret/shadow grouping lynched. Everyone else is caught in the middle of this fight, except chesskid, who jumps around wherever the hell he wants. What pings on my scumdar is the fact that these factions only seemed to form since I started grouping IS, NC, and Umbrage together as a scumteam (although certain parts attacked other certain parts, IMO there were not clearly defined "borders" like there are now).
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

hahahaha I'm a lone wolf yo.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Um. Didn't you accuse Umbrage and NC of bussing IS? So how can they be trying to get one of Jedo/Smar/Shadow lynched? Not sure I can agree with your crooked logic, there.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Wraith »

Addendum

To further clarify my cemented suspicions of IS/NC/Umbrage (before/after refer to my post lumping them together):

Nero Cain

Before:
Active Lurking
After:
Takes a leading role in attempting to get people lynched

Internet Stranger

Before:
Leading figure in directing/forming wagons
After:
Lots and lots of wagon pressure on him

Umbrage

Before:
Lots of pressure on him from all sides
After:
Suddenly free of pressure, semi-lurky

Predit: @AV: in MY opinion, they originally intended to bus IS, but jumped to Jedo and smargaret (two lurker-ish players) when the targets of opportunity appeared
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

He's @ L-2. Chess, Bristep, you, Um and Jedo (though I can understand Jedo) refuse to vote IS. I figure his fake claim would be good to convince 2 of ya'll. + with dl 2 days away I don't see the harm in it.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

AurorusVox wrote:Um. Didn't you accuse Umbrage and NC of bussing IS? So how can they be trying to get one of Jedo/Smar/Shadow lynched? Not sure I can agree with your crooked logic, there.
I'm pretty sure Wraith is scum and he's trying despertly to distance for IS.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

That's clarified it a little, thanks. I'll stew on this because I still think Shadow is scummy. Is it possible to replace IS with Shadow and instead of seeing them as bussing, seeing them as clamouring for a mislynch? Though that doesn't fit too well with the timeline you've constructed. Hmm.

Also, would it be fair to say that in your opinion, NC is only scummy by association? His shift in participation could easily be IRL related.

---

NC: why is Jedo understandable over the others you mentioned? Also are you seriously trying to get another claim prematurely? If neither Chess nor Shadow are scum (I assume you at least think Shadow is town), we already have (a) a claimed VT, and (b) an outed PR. All this near-lynch hopping sure looks like scum manipulation to out as many claims as possible.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Apologies for being a little late to the party.

Vote Count:

chesskid3 (1) - bristep123
Shadow1psc (3) - Internet Stranger, Jedo the Jedi, AurorusVox
Doombunny9 (1) - chesskid3
Internet Stranger (5) - Shadow1psc, Wraith, smargaret, Nero Cain, Doombunny9
Jedo the Jedi (1) - Umbrage

Not Voting:

SnakePlissken

With 12 alive it takes 7 to make someone walk the plank!

Day phase will end at
2pm GMT on Friday January 21st

bets/wagers wont be tolerated in games I run even if they weren't against site rules. Let that be the first and last warning I give to anyone regarding it.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Jedo wrote:Maybe I can understand this. Maybe. You did just get on to IS for harping on the same person over and over, which would be all I can do too. (Umbrage and Shadow) I already said I don't want to address Umbrage any more (I broke that earlier), and Shadow hasn't been saying much that has stood out. On another note, I did talk about how I find Nero scummy while defending IS. I even hook-of-suspicioned him. (Also, for the record, if we are only going to talk "recently," it has been defense of one player: IS.)

Is there more you would like of me, or did you just overlook these possibilities?
Even though you could have easily gone over some things at least a little (i.e. the AV vs. Umbrage debate and more than just "Umbrage's prove it defense is weak and he shouldn't be using it anymore"), I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one as I can see where you're coming from with a townie mindset.
IS wrote:Plenty of other things? Like what, garbage that others are speculating on?
Sure, why not. If you think someone is only spewing out garbage, CALL THEM OUT ON IT AND SCUMHUNT rather than just say the same thing over and over. Even if you don't want to do that, you still shouldn't spewing fluff in a good portion of your posts.

Also, @everyone not currently voting IS-If it came down between lynching IS or a forced NL (which it looks like is going to happen pretty soon) would you be willing to change your vote?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I guess.
but he's town.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

WTF Bunny?!?! I called out Shadow AND Margaret. What more do you people WANT?!!?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by smargaret »

You called us out, but you didn't say anything other than that "we're spewing garbage." That's not scumhunting.

The lynch is either going to be shadow or IS today. There's not enough time for another wagon to build up. Shadow has claimed. Especially since it's reasonable to assume IS will be going to sleep soon (it being almost 1:30 am on the east coast), asking for a claim at L-2 isn't out of line, IMO.

Chess has posted nothing but fluff on this page, and I don't entirely get how the wagon on him evaporated with his vague "I'm a PR" claim, which I also don't entirely buy. There should be more pressure on him tomorrow.

Snake Plissken had better have a heck of a catchup post for us first thing Day 2.

Bristep, Chess, Umbrage, and Snake - Your votes aren't doing anything right now. Who would you rather lynch out of IS/Shadow?
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Nero - I had Chess pegged as more of a Jack wannabe more than Fate, for starters he doesn't use CAPS LOCK nearly enough to be Fate Lite.

On topic I'm still reading back but I think it's claim time from IS, so let's put him at L-1 and see what he comes up with. Personally I don't like Chesskids play style, but there's no where enough evidence to lynch him as mafia yet. As VI maybe. Maybe I haven't red back enough yet but I don't see the Umbrage scum link. Smargret I think my vote answers your question in part.

If I get time before someone hammers I will try and get my notes in.

Vote Internet Stranger
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:46 am

Post by bristep123 »

Smargaret, I've already said that I would rather see shadow lynched over IS because I think he's the more likely to flip scum. I've also said that I would hammer IS if it comes to the deadline and we're still waiting because we'll still learn a lot from his flip. I've said this before.
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:25 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

I also would hammer IS (as much as it would pain me to do so) so we can have a lynch today. We will need the information from a lynch. I can only hope any night kills will be equally illuminating.

This is a dumb end to the day, for the record. We've had two claims and we're going to kill a third? Bad policy, town. We should have just killed one of the people who already claimed. I guess we'll see how it plays out.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:28 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I never claim, its useless WIFOM garbage.

Jedo, put me out of my misery. This is the most boneheaded town I have ever seen. I much prefer to play with 11 Chesskids than you morons.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”