Newbie 1053: Wait, what? Game over?!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Akira »

Don't know anyone here.

To the four newbies, what's your experience?
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Akira »

ConSpiracy wrote:Questions for every one to answer: (first ones stolen from ICE)
1) What is everybody's timezone? This can be important if you live overseas and we're expecting a post from you, and it wont come until the wee hours of the morning.
2) What is your mafia experience here and elsewhere? It helps my reads to know who are the pros and who are still learning.
3) About how often can we expect you to post?
4) How long do you expect your posts to be?
5) Do you prefer either informative roles (such as cop) or protective/active roles (such as doc)?
6) Do you prefer to play town or scum?
7) Hot dogs or hamburgers?
8) Are you scum?
9) Did you answer all these questions seriously?
1) GMT +1 (Madrid, Rome). I mostly post at this hour.
2) 5 games in total (no other sites). So I'm not much of an SE.
3) I'll log on around twice a day.
4) My posts usually are about 4-5 rows long.
5) Informative roles are more fun.
6) Never been scum, but I'd really like to try it out for once.
7) Hamburgers. Is there some kind of weird psychology behind this or just an excuse for RVS?
8) Unfortunately no.
9) Yup.

Nobody's questions:
1) Are you having fun yet?

2) Chocolate or vanilla?

3) How many Mafia games have you played (here or elsewhere)?

4) Lynch all Liars?

5) Math or Sports?

6) Lynch all Lurkers?

7) What do you think of the RVS?
1) Not yet, the first days can be a bit of a drag.
2) Chocolate all the way.
3) 5 games.
4) Yes, but if it's a well-intentioned gambit then it's okay.
5) Math, but sports are just as important.
6) YES all the way.
7) Pretty useless, I've never seen it start anything interesting. RQS is better. Speculating on RVS votes is like speculating on NKs.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:13 am

Post by Akira »

Missed a bit:
LordChronos wrote:I don't know anyone here either.

Vote: Akira

Way to not contribute anything with your first post.
If that's your reason, then you should look at Maxous. At least I asked a question. Or if it's RVS just say it.

@NS: I don't get your answer to question 5.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Akira »

@NS: I was referring to claims. If X fakeclaims doc and Y claims cop saying he got a doc result on X, that's what I call a well-intentioned gambit, as in a pro-town lie.
And never mind question 5, I didn't get your twisted way of answering. :?
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:32 am

Post by Akira »

Max' post 28 doesn't make much sense, but to me it just looks like newbie town trying to vote someone for the sake of doing something.
@Max, could you tell me your role in your past games and the result of the game? No links needed.

I don't like NS going against RVS before voting randomly. I agree with Max and Con.
Also, I really don't like bacon's "Maybe" answer to wether he answered the questions seriously or not.
Hm, I'll wait for Max and then decide what to go with.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Akira »

Oh come on, give a god damn reason. WTF is wrong with my request??
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Akira »

@Conspiracy: Because I have no reason to. You haven't done anything scummy.
But if you insist... VOTE: ConSpiracy :P

---

Now forget that, I need to choose between Max, bacon and NS.
bacon gave me town vibes in his last post, I don't find his answer scummy anymore. I'm still waiting for Max.

@Max: Since you're not helping, UNVOTE: VOTE: Max I'd like those roles and results along with a good reason for that blunt reply in your last post.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Akira »

Lol now I feel stupid.
When you replied "Mafia. We won." I thought you were calling me mafia because I asked that question. That's why I asked for reasons. :/ Disregard post 39 then, I've got some facepalming to do.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Akira »

Forgot to UNVOTE: Max.

I'm not very convinced on anyone's scumminess, so I'll just leave it at that for now. I'll do a re-read.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:56 am

Post by Akira »

@bacon: Read post 49. It should justify my anger. Oh and it's Akira, not Akria. ;)
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:19 am

Post by Akira »

Okay, right now I'm still suspicious of NS, for his random vote mostly.

But I've got a few things to say regarding Con.
ConSpiracy wrote:So, since there is hardly any discussion coming up:

@ bacon: Do you think Akira's anger in post #39 is fake?
@ Nobody special: Let's say a day vig would vig scum jediknight, who would be his scumpartner?
@ jediknight: Why aren't you voting for Maxous, despite the good reason to vote for him?
@ Maxous: Which strategy wil you use this time to win as scum?
@ LordChronos: If you were a one shot vig who has to use his kill right now, who would you kill?
@ wredfar: Although Nobody special is scum, do you think he is doing his IC task without taking into account his alignment?
@ Trendall: Can we make an agreement to start up a bandwagon on LordChronos?
@ Akira: Why aren't you voting for me?

I demand answers of at least 10 words. If somebody doesn't respond as demanded a policy lynch will occur.
Firstly, there's nothing wrong with encouraging discussion with questions, but doing so without having anything to say himself is scummy. An example is with the first question. I expected someone to call me out on my post, since I agree that before my explanation, my anger made no sense. Instead, what Con does is he asks for someone else's opinion, even though it shouldn't have been necessary.
Plus, I hardly see myself as eager to bandwagon. The only vote I placed was on Max and it was for a specific reason. Imagine you're asking someone for the results of his other games, and he simply calls you mafia in reply. Anyone would have acted that way.
I also don't like the question for wredfar, could be an attempt at AtE, and the question for Trendall is pretty out of the blue. His explanations don't do it for me.
@Con: When you asked Max that question, did you suspect him particularly?
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Akira »

Maxous wrote:I am not voting yet as there are a couple of players I have not got a proper read on yet.
Same here. So:
@bacon and wredfar: Some personal opinions, gutfeelings, anything?
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Akira »

jediknight wrote:Unfortunately I have got to agree with what everyone else is saying. Con appears to be stirring things up more than anything. So
vote: ConSpiracy
I'm not liking that "Unfortunately", you should be happy that we've finally found a decent case.
I've got my eye on you.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Akira »

wredfar's lurking hasn't caught my eye, and neither has his post about Con's L-1, but I really don't like his answer:
wredfar wrote:NS:I stand by what I said earlier. You are still my top suspect. I'm not sure whats wrong with stating that con was close to being lynched. And don't try to throw suspicion on me by saying I'm lurking. When you asked people if they lynched people for lurking everyone said no. By the way, when I went back to see what you said about it I noticed that you never answered your own questions. Why?
So practically you're lurking because we said we wouldn't lynch you for it?
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Akira »

wredfar wrote:Akira: that's not what I said. I'm not postin much because I didn't have much to say. I was just telling NS that he was wasting his time with that lurking comment.
Okay, I agree. Post 100 wasn't very clear but I see what you mean now.

I'm not going to lynch Con right here and now, so I might as well go with my second suspect. Nobody Special hasn't done anything else after the random vote which I regard as scummy. Other than that I'm starting to dislike jediknight's playstyle. It feels like his only interest is not being suspected, clearly scummy.
In particular:
jediknight wrote:I'm lazy more than anything...and out of practice to be sure. I may as well be a noob for the last time I actually played a game.
I'll lay out my gut instincts.
I'm not going to go all out and go quote crazy...but I'll give you my thoughts.
More attempts at hiding his actions. Why call them gut instincts when you've clearly got some reasons to back up your suspicions?
This is what I'd call being overly cautious.

VOTE: jediknight
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:22 am

Post by Akira »

I said "not doing anything which I regard as SCUMMY." I never talked about towntells, and your vote switch doesn't change the fact that you did RV after expressing your deep hatred for the RVS.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Akira »

Oh. ;)

I liked the vegetable metaphor, but random votes aren't necessarily good for you. That's what you made us think when you told us about your opinion on RVS, hence the contradiction.
But I am considering the possibility of a simple distraction, and there's much more to go on with jediknight. so that's that.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Akira »

Received the prod while writing this, sorry.
jediknight wrote:Everything right now is about gut instincts Akira...we don't know anything concrete. We're basing all of our "facts" on words that could mean something or might not without any real information. That's what I meant by gut instinct. Guts can have reasons. My gut tells me not to like my dentist...and the sore mouth afterward confirms it. For you to quibble about that and "not like my style" is crazy at this point. If you have something that's not a gut instinct right now I'd love to hear it. If you're not reading your gut right now then perhaps we should all be voting for you. Near as I can tell there's only two people that know who's scum for sure. Are you one of those?
Hm, well I've always defined gut instincts as simple feelings, with no reasons at all. Looks like we just use a different definition.

To summarize: Con asked questions without giving his own opinion, even after the questions were answered, and it looks like he's asking them just to get an idea of what X would do in a certain situation, as a preparation for scum tactics. And some questions were a little weird in one way or another, like the IC question or the random wagon question.

The Jedi case, apart from the L-1 vote, is all about his behavior. He starts out as a player with almost no initiative and motivation for the scumhunt, if you get what I mean, and after he gets pressured, he starts to act overly-cautious by trying to weaken his suspicions to appear insecure to us, when he's actually sure who's who.

So yeah, the Jedi case seems to have taken over. And with only three days left, this is my decision.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Akira »

Maxous wrote:
Akira wrote:
wredfar wrote:Akira: that's not what I said. I'm not postin much because I didn't have much to say. I was just telling NS that he was wasting his time with that lurking comment.
Okay, I agree. Post 100 wasn't very clear but I see what you mean now.

I'm not going to lynch Con right here and now, so I might as well go with my second suspect. Nobody Special hasn't done anything else after the random vote which I regard as scummy. Other than that I'm starting to dislike jediknight's playstyle. It feels like his only interest is not being suspected, clearly scummy.
Hmm so Conspiracy is your main suspect and was at L-1 but you did'nt want to lynch him and instead voted for Jediknight.
Could you please elaborate on why you did'nt want to lynch Conspiracy then.
Yes Con was my main suspect but that was page 3, way too early to lynch for my tastes. In the next 4 pages the Jedi case took over, even though, initially, it was only a temporary case for a second suspect.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Akira »

jediknight wrote:Okay so we can agree that while we use different terms we mean about the same thing. Excellent.

Your summary is exactly what I've been trying to say about CS for a while. I just can't seem to articulate better than you. This is the reason I put him at L-1. And why my vote remains there.

Without the "gut instinct" defense that caused you to vote for me early as I recall. Now you're voting me cause my game style changed after shaking the rust off? I've already explained that...I haven't played online for a long time. I was trying to get back into the swing. And when I felt comfortable about it my game play has stepped up. You've got to admit that. Give me an example where I've acted overly-cautious...
I've never really had a problem with your L-1 vote, but I didn't like you calling it a pressure vote, when it actually isn't. That's the other time you tried to weaken your previous actions to appear insecure. Regarding the gut instincts, I guess you have an alibi for that so there's nothing I can do. But it still fits with what I'm trying to say.

You do have your explanations, so I'm not all that sure you're scum, but that's normal on D1, and when there's no better case, my vote should be on you. CS' questions can be seen as simple way to increase activity, and I'm losing sight of why it was and should be scummy.

So unless we all make an agreement and lynch wredfar or bacon for lurking, that's that.

@Con: What's 'directable'?
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Akira »

Nobody Special wrote:Well, do I really need to restate my case? (Hint: I will, if you want.)

Vote: ConSpiracy
So, nothing to say regarding jedi's flip? Even his L-1 vote?

I'm actually leaning towards wredfar now. I can't believe I didn't notice earlier that he has never voted! All he did on D1 was throw suspicion at random people, only to forget about it in his next post. Let's put an end to this.
VOTE: wredfar
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Akira »

@Con: Remember my question in my last post.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #22) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Akira »

Check again. It's the other way around.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Akira »

NS, stop it. Just go back and look at when jedi voted for Con.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #24) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Akira »

@NS: Okay. What I'm saying, is, assuming CS is scum, would jedi put his partner at L-1 on page 4?

@wredfar (and Max): I should have worded it differently:
1) You did keep repeating your suspicions throughout with NS, but you never voted for him.
2) Other than that you were throwing suspicion at random people. What I mean by this is that you were (and still are) fingering a lot of people at the same time, which is what newbie scum does when they're trying to look town.

Anyway yes, it's a good thing you finally voted, but I hope you have got the point. This isn't to make me feel better. This is MAFIA. :cool:
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:53 am

Post by Akira »

Hahaha, just the time to watch a movie and the game is already over. This is the last thing I expected. :D

Good job everyone.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #26) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Akira »

@Con: You're right, I do tend not to start cases of my own from scratch. It's what got me lynched in my previous games, so I got pretty discouraged.

And yeah, I'm curious about the scum QT. :D
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”