Newbie 1053: Wait, what? Game over?!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:12 am

Post by Sotty7 »

1st Vote count of day one

:right: Akira: 1 (LordChronos)
:right: bacon: 1 (Nobody Special)
:right: Nobody Special: 1 (ConSpiracy)

Not voting: 6 (Maxous, wredfar, bacon, jediknight, Trendall, Akira)
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Trendall »

Answers to the other guy's questions...

1) Are you having fun yet?
A little, yes
2) Chocolate or vanilla?
Definitely chocolate
3) How many Mafia games have you played (here or elsewhere)?
Too many to count
4) Lynch all Liars?
Yep. I pretty much apply this line of thinking to my real life too.
5) Math or Sports?
Maths is far more fun.
6) Lynch all Lurkers?
Nope. Posting frequency bears no relevance to a person's alignment.
7) What do you think of the RVS?
I'm completely indifferent to it.

To those of you who are asking the questions...have you gained any information of note regarding people's behaviour or alignment so far? Not that I think you necessarily should have done, just asking. Nothing wrong with icebreakers to get the game moving.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Nobody Special »

ConSpiracy wrote:
Well, to get something moving:
8) Sometimes.
A confirmational answer on the question "are you scum?" is 4/5 of the times given by scum in a sarcastic way.
Sometimes is neither near a confirmation nor near a denial.
That is good enough for me.
Well, the reason for that non-committal answer was to keep in line with my
other
non-committal answer [5) Frequently.].

@Maxous: Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I avoid doing it. I do tend to eat my vegetables.

@Trendall: Nope, nothing yet.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Maxous »

Hmm it's hard to get suspicions from questions.
I was surprised JediKnight only answered the questions and did'nt really question or ask anything else. There was a bit of material there.
I got nothing better to go on....
Vote lynch:JediKnight
(Random BTW)
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by LordChronos »

@Maxous

First you remark that JediKnight didn't question or ask anything else after he answered the questions and say you have nothing better to go on then vote him. Next you say it was a random vote?

How can it be random if you are voting him because of his non-initiative? Also, why not vote Nobody Special, who you expressed suspicion of earlier?
I'm a talking computer.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Maxous »

LordChronos wrote: How can it be random if you are voting him because of his non-initiative? Also, why not vote Nobody Special, who you expressed suspicion of earlier?
Okay, I don't literally mean random but I don't seriously think he is mafia based on it, it's just if I had to pick out someone so far that would be my guess. So I said random as it's more a light-hearted accusation because I wanted to get the game moving somehow with a vote.
In short I voted for the sake of voting to help along the game and that was the best reason I had at the time.

As for NS - if I vote every time I have a slight suspicion on somebody for something they say I will end up with a countless amount of votes :p
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Maxous wrote:
LordChronos wrote: How can it be random if you are voting him because of his non-initiative? Also, why not vote Nobody Special, who you expressed suspicion of earlier?
Okay, I don't literally mean random but I don't seriously think he is mafia based on it, it's just if I had to pick out someone so far that would be my guess. So I said random as it's more a light-hearted accusation because I wanted to get the game moving somehow with a vote.
In short I voted for the sake of voting to help along the game and that was the best reason I had at the time.

As for NS - if I vote every time I have a slight suspicion on somebody for something they say I will end up with a countless amount of votes :p
K, you said something that you didn't believe. Why would a town player do that? Only scum has to appease the town. Also, your vote on JediKnight is based on a slight suspicion. By your logic in this post, you shouldn't have voted him either.

Unvote; Vote: Maxous
I'm a talking computer.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:06 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Trendall wrote:To those of you who are asking the questions...have you gained any information of note regarding people's behaviour or alignment so far? Not that I think you necessarily should have done, just asking. Nothing wrong with icebreakers to get the game moving.
Well, not really. It was just a good way to get the day into better discussion, instead of just wasting our time with the RVS.
Maxous wrote:NS also stated his dislike for random voting...and then randomly voted :I
This is very strange indeed. His distaste of the RVS was put into his auto post and the next post he made was a random vote. This means he is not in line with his usual play which means he is a different role. Scummy, scummy, scummy.

Let's give him some more pressure guys.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:51 am

Post by LordChronos »

@Con

Ironically, the better discussion is stemming not from the relatively useless RQS questions but from the votes people have made.
I'm a talking computer.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Trendall »

I can never understand the animosity towards the RQS/RVS. How else are you supposed to start a game?
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by jediknight »

Howdy friends and neighbors.

I'm not the only one that just answered the questions Maxous. I was only the most current. This does seem a bit like you were trying to get a bandwagon going but don't want to appear too scummy with it. That's suspect to me.

I answered the questions cause it seemed like a good place to start. Now I question your attempt at bandwagoning but then saying its random. You can't have it both ways.
And I'm spent...
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Post by Maxous »

I was'nt attempting to bandwagon.
LordChronos wrote: Also, your vote on JediKnight is based on a slight suspicion. By your logic in this post, you shouldn't have voted him either.
I explained I voted with the main intention of moving the game along. Which has worked I guess.

@Trendall: Have you learned anything from these random questions?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:32 am

Post by Akira »

Max' post 28 doesn't make much sense, but to me it just looks like newbie town trying to vote someone for the sake of doing something.
@Max, could you tell me your role in your past games and the result of the game? No links needed.

I don't like NS going against RVS before voting randomly. I agree with Max and Con.
Also, I really don't like bacon's "Maybe" answer to wether he answered the questions seriously or not.
Hm, I'll wait for Max and then decide what to go with.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Maxous »

Okay, this is causing unneccesary confusion.
My thought process for post #28 was -
The random questions that everyone was answering was going nowhere.(Apart from Conspiracy's accusation)
So I might as well place one of these random votes to try and help the game along and get reactions from people to generate game conversation. So I looked at page 1 and saw that JediKnight only answered the random questions and did'nt really attempt to ask other questions or comment on anything said, even though there were a couple of comments made. The other 2 people are playing the game for the first time so that was to be expected.
So I guessed that maybe JediKnight was waiting for others to take the lead and just follow along. As I said, that was the best lead I could think of for somebody to be mafia.
*But* I am not seriously accusing him as mafia because that is a very weak reason to have a proper case on someone. So I added that 'random' part to show that it was not a serious case/accusation against him. I was more looking to see what he would say in reaction. And I certainly was'nt campaigning for him to be lynched at this stage.

That turned out long..but hopefully that will avoid any further misunderstandings about that post =)
And I'm confused as to how it was I attempted to appease the town.
Akira wrote:@Max, could you tell me your role in your past games and the result of the game? No links needed.
Mafia. We won.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Akira »

Oh come on, give a god damn reason. WTF is wrong with my request??
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:27 am

Post by LordChronos »

Random doesn't mean weak, you know. Which is why I hate the name RVS. Uninformed voting, sure. But the votes shouldn't be random in the actual sense of the word.

Maxous, do you think that JediKnight's passivity is scummier than Nobody Special saying he doesn't like RVS then random voting?
I'm a talking computer.
bacon
bacon
Townie
bacon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:53 am

Post by bacon »

I was just having fun with my answer of maybe, this really is my first mafia game and I really do like burgers, and live in the central time zone. Due to my lack of experience there wasn't much to seriously consider about the questions.
wredfar
wredfar
Townie
wredfar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by wredfar »

So max and nobody both contradicted themselves. I would suspect nobody more because max is less experienced and doesn't know what he's doing as much as nobody.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

See, your first mistake is thinking I know what I'm doing. I suck at this game. Srsly. (Ask anyone.)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Sotty7 »

2nd Vote count of day one

:right: bacon: 1 (Nobody Special)
:right: Nobody Special: 1 (ConSpiracy)
:right: jediknight: 1 (Maxous)
:right: Maxous: 1 (LordChronos)

Not voting: 5 (wredfar, bacon, jediknight, Trendall, Akira)
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:33 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

So, since there is hardly any discussion coming up:

@ bacon: Do you think Akira's anger in post #39 is fake?
@ Nobody special: Let's say a day vig would vig scum jediknight, who would be his scumpartner?
@ jediknight: Why aren't you voting for Maxous, despite the good reason to vote for him?
@ Maxous: Which strategy wil you use this time to win as scum?
@ LordChronos: If you were a one shot vig who has to use his kill right now, who would you kill?
@ wredfar: Although Nobody special is scum, do you think he is doing his IC task without taking into account his alignment?
@ Trendall: Can we make an agreement to start up a bandwagon on LordChronos?
@ Akira: Why aren't you voting for me?

I demand answers of at least 10 words. If somebody doesn't respond as demanded a policy lynch will occur.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:49 am

Post by LordChronos »

ConSpiracy wrote:So, since there is hardly any discussion coming up:

@ bacon: Do you think Akira's anger in post #39 is fake?
@ Nobody special: Let's say a day vig would vig scum jediknight, who would be his scumpartner?
@ jediknight: Why aren't you voting for Maxous, despite the good reason to vote for him?
@ Maxous: Which strategy wil you use this time to win as scum?
@ LordChronos: If you were a one shot vig who has to use his kill right now, who would you kill?
@ wredfar: Although Nobody special is scum, do you think he is doing his IC task without taking into account his alignment?
@ Trendall: Can we make an agreement to start up a bandwagon on LordChronos?
@ Akira: Why aren't you voting for me?

I demand answers of at least 10 words. If somebody doesn't respond as demanded a policy lynch will occur.
It'd be simpler just to ask me who I think is scum right now. To answer the question, I wouldn't be willing to vig anyone right now, even if it meant not getting to use my kill at all. There is no supremely anti-town player to off and no one I find scummy enough to kill.

Why do you want to bandwagon me?

And it's awfully pretentious of you to declare that the town will policy lynch someone who uses less than 10 words to answer.
I'm a talking computer.
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Akira »

@Conspiracy: Because I have no reason to. You haven't done anything scummy.
But if you insist... VOTE: ConSpiracy :P

---

Now forget that, I need to choose between Max, bacon and NS.
bacon gave me town vibes in his last post, I don't find his answer scummy anymore. I'm still waiting for Max.

@Max: Since you're not helping, UNVOTE: VOTE: Max I'd like those roles and results along with a good reason for that blunt reply in your last post.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Maxous »

LordChronos wrote: Maxous, do you think that JediKnight's passivity is scummier than Nobody Special saying he doesn't like RVS then random voting?
At the time you asked the question I would of said yes. However NS' latest comment sure did'nt ease concerns about him...at all.
Akira wrote: @Max: Since you're not helping, UNVOTE: VOTE: Max I'd like those roles and results along with a good reason for that blunt reply in your last post.
I played one game on this site, I was on the mafia team and we won.
Unless you are asking about the games not on this site? If that was the case, then I misunderstood the question.
Just in case,I played doctor(won), Vig(won),Cop(lost),Yakuza(lost),Roleblocker(won)...that's all I can think of.

@Conspiracy: I am not mafia...now extending my answer to be 10 words long
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Akira »

Lol now I feel stupid.
When you replied "Mafia. We won." I thought you were calling me mafia because I asked that question. That's why I asked for reasons. :/ Disregard post 39 then, I've got some facepalming to do.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”