Mini 1102 - Rivertown Mafia (Game Over!)

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Zdenek wrote:Fugitive, the only reason my vote was ever on Furcolow is because Umbrage had it there. I have never been suspicious of him.
Oh, sorry about that, my bad.

I still maintain it was a likely bus from Umbrage that you're now covering for. I covered that in the other post though.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Fugitive wrote:Seriously? Not even waiting for a claim? Christ guys, use your heads.

Then, of course my two top scum reads change their minds from no lynching to quick hammer Thad as soon as I call them on it. Not liking this one bit.
Yes, this does bug me as well. Although I still think Thad will flip scum, and his claim most likely wouldn't have swayed me. I'm going to be voting for Z tomorrow, regardless.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by diddin »

It was just like the opposite of yesterday. Suspicion was thrown all around, and within a few hours, ThAdmiral was thrown off the cliff. As the pulled his body up, somebody noticed a concealed gun in his pocket. In his wallet, there was a note.

Dear ThAdmiral, welcome to the Mafia! We hope you will do your best to help take over Rivertown! Also, hope you enjoy cleaning toilets.

But it looked like ThAdmiral wasn't dead yet. With his last breath, he spoke "Mafia Forever!" and threw the gun and note into the river below. After the town made sure he was dead, they threw his corpse into the river as well. Good riddance.

ThAdmiral,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched Day 2!

It is now Night 2. All Quicktopics are open for discussion and all night actions may be sent in. Deadline is Thursday, January 20, at 5:46 PM Central Time!
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by diddin »

The town woke up to find that they were only one less in number. Lying in the town square was InflatablePie, full of bullet holes as Cyberbob was. A raid of his house revealed he had a strong desire to take the law into his own hands, but not the resources.

InflatablePie,
Town One-Shot Vigilante
, was shot dead Night 2!

It is now Day 3! With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 4 to no lynch! Deadline is currently set at Thursday, February 3rd, at 7:25 PM Central Time!

Apologies for the delay on day start.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Olinea »

Hmm. Seeing as how I'd chalk that Soras kill up to Pie's shot, I'd rule out the possibility of an SK right now (Also due to the lack of "stab" flavor).

Thoughts on people later.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Yeah, the Goof shot by Pie.

Which means it's time to go look at CyberBob and ThAd.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by Olinea »

ortiz1193

Gah, where do we start with this one? Ortiz is, well, unreadable -- and I don't like that. He blends in a lot, while he hasn't been out going RRRRAUGH I'M TOWN YOU'RE SCUM, I feel that a good amount of pressure on him has been consistent in that most who suspect him don't waver, but there hasn't been a big enough case to justify trying to lynch him. I think Cyberbob tried it after the deadline, and tried to rally a few, but for the most part nothing. There's just nothing here that makes me think "Town", I guess.

el simo

After ThAdmiral's scum flip, Admiral's early pressure on el simo for his RVS vote would make me lean towards Town el simo. Due to Admiral's Goon status I'd think there has to be some sort of Roleblocker (as is the norm in Mafia games) and MAYBE Godfather just due to its frequency. I have a hard time believing Admiral would push a case that soon on a fellow scumbuddy, especially if they were a scum PR. Early events can dictate reads for the entire game and I think it'd be a bit reckless to put that much pressure on a scumbuddy in the first couple of pages. Simo's play doesn't strike me as overtly scummy here.

Furcolow

Early on, seemed like a pretty good red herring. Lately he's been able to make thorough arguments and hasn't come under a large amount of scrutiny. Even when he's not under pressure he makes sure he's contributing which I think is highly useful and earns a good amount of town credit in my eyes. I think the idea that he was buddying to el simo was mostly my own paranoia working against me -- some players you just like. Furcolow's looking Town to me, which is a far cry from my earlier suspicion of him.

Zdenek

I cannot shake off Umbrage's play and how oddly aggressive it was compared to what I'd read in Newbie 1039. Full of holes, highly volatile, and alays under scrutiny. When Zdenek replaced in I thought this spot might look better but I haven't noticed much to make me think the spot is any more Town. I'd rather not throw my vote on Zdenek right now since I'd rather not have another 3-page day but this spot just... ugh.

Baby Spice

Ahh. Chamber's reasoning and arguments were noticeably pro-town in the early stages of the game, and then Baby Spice comes in and does nothing to change that impression. Town read here.

Fugitive

No idea what to think of this. Originally I thought one of Fugi/Pie but I think that was mostly me trying to
appear
experienced. Got a Town read on him early on (I know most everybody does) and I haven't seen anything that makes me want to change that. Usually I find out that my scumreads are always Town and the scum are who I least suspect but it appears ThAdmiral takes that spot so this leaves me the tiniest bit more confident in town Fugi. Not going to abandon any moderate reads in favor of him.

I'd like to call an Ortiz/Zdenek team at this point, but I'd like to hear thoughts.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Okay, game started late so I can't formulate a great post, but I have a huge hunch either Z or Furc knew Thad was scum. Those two quick votes without a defense or claim (despite him flipping scum) do not sit well with me. I guarantee at least one is scum. Very possibly both.

Other than that, I'd like BS to post more because she's completely flying under the radar and hasn't really added anything of value since replacing in. I did have a town read on chamber but that has all but disappeared into neutral since BS replaced in.

I'll be analyzing Pie's play, votes, and votes on him tomorrow.

@Oli - the flavors for Pie and CB were the same so I think it's almost definite Pie killed soras. Well, that and soras was at the top of Pie's scumlist before that night iirc.

@ortiz - scum reads please.

@BS - see ortiz.

@el simo - see BS.
Show
IIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUU JESUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

"Oi, I'm already sick of THB."
~ Cobblerfone
"That was... schitzophrenically entertaining."
~ Pine
"Fugi + Pie = I like life"
~ Parama
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Fugitive »

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Okay, game started late so I can't formulate a great post, but I have a huge hunch either Z or Furc knew Thad was scum. Those two quick votes without a defense or claim (despite him flipping scum) do not sit well with me. I guarantee at least one is scum. Very possibly both.

Other than that, I'd like BS to post more because she's completely flying under the radar and hasn't really added anything of value since replacing in. I did have a town read on chamber but that has all but disappeared into neutral since BS replaced in.

I'll be analyzing Pie's play, votes, and votes on him tomorrow.

@Oli - the flavors for Pie and CB were the same so I think it's almost definite Pie killed soras. Well, that and soras was at the top of Pie's scumlist before that night iirc.

@ortiz - scum reads please.

@BS - see ortiz.

@el simo - see BS.
Fuck nuggets, etc... I haven't had to switch accounts for over 72 hours so lay off. This is the last time I play with 2 accounts.

Quoting for ISO purposes.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by el simo »

You have my scum read, I'm sticking to it.

Vote: Ortiz.

And yeah the reason I believed there to be an SK because I just modded a game (just ended) that was 3 scum, SK + 1 town power role. Guess that wasn't the case though.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Voting scum is sooooooo antitown neutral milk hotel...
vote; zdenek
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by Furcolow »

OLINEA
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Fugitive »

Refreshed and revitalized!

VOTE: Zdenek

This vote mainly comes from my reasons posted at the end of yesterday, plus the fact that his vote on Thad was late and done directly after I called him on not being "out there" ever. Definitely had a very bussy feel. Then after reading InflatablePie's ISO I realize Z was his #1 target in his last post yesterday.
Furcolow wrote:Voting scum is sooooooo antitown neutral milk hotel...
vote; zdenek
Not what I said at all, but thanks for the attempted interpretation. +1 misrep.

And I'd also like to extend a thanks for bussing your partner!
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Zdenek »

Any defence I make of myself is going to be completely wifom, so I'm just going to ask: why would I have bussed the Admiral day one, when there were easy townie lynches to be had and I was in danger of being lynched after replacing Umbrage?

Anyway, Olinea, why did your read of Ortiz change?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Furcolow »

Fugitive wrote:Refreshed and revitalized!

This vote mainly comes from my reasons posted at the end of yesterday, plus the fact that his vote on Thad was late and done directly after I called him on not being "out there" ever. Definitely had a very bussy feel. Then after reading InflatablePie's ISO I realize Z was his #1 target in his last post yesterday.
vote; zdenek

i'm not talking about you
quit being egocentric and self-indulgent or i am going to get you lynched even if you are dumb-as-fuck-town.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Olinea »

Furcolow wrote:OLINEA
THAT'S ME
Zdenek wrote:Anyway, Olinea, why did your read of Ortiz change?
Mostly due to Admiral's scum flip which made me question my thoughts on el simo and the fact that I've got Town reads on others.
GreyICE:
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Furcolow »

el simo could easily be scum
i don't really like his tunneling on ortiz, but hell, if ortiz is scum then el simo is most-def-town

kind of a clearing flip, unless he's a busser as scum, but that would take monumentous effort in terms of faking hostility/tunneling
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Zdenek »

Furc, do you still want to policy lynch BabySpice?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Zdenek »

Fugitive, I'd like you to explain the following:
Fugitive wrote: I have a town read on Admiral . . . .
Fugitive wrote:
Zdenek wrote:Fugitive, the only reason my vote was ever on Furcolow is because Umbrage had it there. I have never been suspicious of him.

I still maintain it was a likely bus from Umbrage that you're now covering for. I covered that in the other post though.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Furcolow wrote:
Fugitive wrote:Refreshed and revitalized!

vote; zdenek

i'm not talking about you
quit being egocentric and self-indulgent or i am going to get you lynched even if you are dumb-as-fuck-town.
What the hell do you mean you weren't talking to me? You directly referenced my post so I responded. You said "neutral milk hotel" which I can only assume is me. If you weren't talking to me when who were you talking to?

Also, lynching me if you think I'm dumb-as-fuck-town is the most anti-town thing you could possibly do, besides the fact that I find it funny you think you could push a lynch, especially based off reasons as weak as that. Getting more hostile because I've had you nailed as scum for so long? This post only solidifies my read. I'm enjoying your frustration.
Zdenek wrote:Fugitive, I'd like you to explain the following:
Fugitive wrote: I have a town read on Admiral . . . .
Fugitive wrote:

What's to explain?

1st one: I had a town read on Thad. I explained my read in that snippet of the post, so I'm not sure what's left to explain. I guess you're searching for some explanation on my part since he flipped scum? I was wrong, that's about all there is to it, though he was admittedly much scummier Day 2 and his VCA was really bad, I still never had a scum read on him.

2nd one: I think Umbrage voting Furc was a bus. I think that's a pretty straight-forward theory and doesn't really need much explaining either.

-----------

I don't care for Z's "defense." That should be enough to convince any other townie left that he needs the noose now. There's always a way to defend your actions without rolling over, giving up and saying "well all I can do is WIFOM." Even the WIFOM defense wasn't really good. It's not much of a bus when you know the person cannot be lynched. It was a safe vote all day, and one that I'm now convinced was there to make you look more town, because that WIFOM defense you pulled out about how you wouldn't bus a buddy Day 1 was crap and you know it.

Why did you suddenly change your mind on Day 2 from NLing to voting Thad? Especially directly after I call you and Furc on it.

Why do you think you cannot defend your actions?

Who's your top scum read? Second?
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by el simo »

I'm not really seeing the case on Z, something about Umbrage unusually aggressive? Anything else? Pie was pretty sure on him but he was also pretty sure on Ortiz and Ortiz I can actually see a case on so at this point in time I'd really prefer him.

I understand Fugi's post on him, his vote yesterday didn't seem genuine and it seems I missed his post pushing for a no lynch - this would only advantage scum as we'd end the day prematurely gaining no information and only another death. So this also casts Furc in a scummy light, so scum points for him, but if I may be honest I'm not to concerned about it because I'm almost sure it's because he didn't realize the consequences as opposed to trying to screw town over. Having said that, it casts Z in an even scummier light because he took the idea and tried to push it, or "consider it," when everyone else either ignored it or shot it down - for obvious reasons.

I guess I can see a case on Z.

unvote, vote: Zdenek.

Also, Thads vote on Ortiz doesn't seem genuine to me and according to most players scum list Ortiz was entirely a possible lynch yesterday. I think this was an attempt at trying to look pro town by voting said scummy player and at the same time distancing from him should either of them flip scum. So I would still definitely consider an Ortiz lynch if anyone is interested.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Olinea »

Zdenek's at L-1.

Claim. That spot's my number one scum read and I'm willing to hammer.
GreyICE:
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Fugitive wrote: What's to explain?
Sorry I quoted the wrong quotes from you:
The one about having a town read on the Admiral was the right one, but the one about bussing I wanted was
Fugitive wrote: Thad was late and done directly after I called him on not being "out there" ever. Definitely had a very bussy feel.
You say you had a town read on ThAd, but that you think I was bussing, which implies that you had a scum read on him. This is cognitive dissonance at its finest. I want you to explain it.

You don't care for my defence? What is there to defend. I entered the game, figured out that Admiral was scummy and voted for him. As far as I am concerned that is the least scummy thing anyone can do, and I should have nothing to defend myself from. The case against me seems to be based mostly on what Umbrage did and I can't really say anything in defence of that except that it was pretty poor play.

Day two, I was willing to consider no lynching because there is a chance that it could have been a decent play on the off chance that there was a serial killer in the game instead of a vig. When it was clear that wasn't going to happen, I voted for ThAd because I was happy with lynching him because I'd suspected him since entering the game.

I'm still rereading, but at the moment, I'd most support an Ortiz lynch.

Preview edit:
El simo, being willing to consider something and being willing to push something are completely different.

Preview edit 2:
I am a vanilla townie.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Fugitive »

[quote="Zdenek"
Fugitive wrote: Thad was late and done directly after I called him on not being "out there" ever. Definitely had a very bussy feel.
You say you had a town read on ThAd, but that you think I was bussing, which implies that you had a scum read on him. This is cognitive dissonance at its finest. I want you to explain it.[/quote]

I said that after he flipped scum, therefore knowing he was scum, and therefore thinking you were bussing him as his scum partner. I'm not sure how you can think that I have a town read on someone now who flipped scum.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Fugitive »

EBWOP: fix'd tags
Zdenek wrote:
You say you had a town read on ThAd, but that you think I was bussing, which implies that you had a scum read on him. This is cognitive dissonance at its finest. I want you to explain it.
I said that after he flipped scum, therefore knowing he was scum, and therefore thinking you were bussing him as his scum partner. I'm not sure how you can think that I have a town read on someone now who flipped scum.[/quote]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”