Newbie 1046: Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:09 am

Post by StefanB »

Have a little time.
Okay with a WIR lynch after claim and defence (which I hope he does)
What should also happen: Anyone who has some points, should make them. We should olso what until tuesday to give Ckhflip a chance to respond, perhaps our more experienced players have some argument we should hear first.
Deer: If you think that we should lynch Nikitakit over WIR make your case.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:20 am

Post by GLaDOS »

Day One Vote Count #9

4 WhenInRome (AwesomePoe, Ghostlin, StefanB, Haylen)
2 AwesomePoe (chkflip, hurristat)
1 Haylen (WhenInRome)
1 nikitakit (Deer)

With
alive it takes
to lynch. Deadline is January 27 at 7:30 PM CST.

Not Voting – 1 – nikitakit
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:57 am

Post by StefanB »

AwesomePoe: I think your case is not build solomly on your reaction on WIR, it's more that you didn't do much about most of the other players. There are 8 people you don't know much about this game. As town you would try to make sense of as much of them, as you could. You don't do much beside the attack on WIR. If we lynch him, what would you do then? Yes WIRISO 9 is definitive the start of the WIRcase. For me the worst were WIRs last 2 posts.

Haylen: I hope you get well soon. Her read on Deer and Nikitakits reads are thinks that I would like to definitly wait for.

Hurristat: Were do you come from Mafia, do you mean RL, or Forrummafia? If the second, where did you play?
WhenInRome
WhenInRome
Goon
WhenInRome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:00 am

Post by WhenInRome »

Townie.
Oh, I'm getting bored, so:
VOTE:WhenInRome

Bye.
BEN DROWNED

Worst luck ever: Last townie alive. They lynched me. (http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16353)
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Well, that's the...hammer....

Somehow, this all worked out much better in my head then it did in the thread.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
WhenInRome
WhenInRome
Goon
WhenInRome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:11 am

Post by WhenInRome »

Of course it did. Things are always great in your mind. It's when you add other people into the equation, things start to go screwy.

P.S. "The Amazing WhenInRome - Always seen as scum!" is my new circus intro.
BEN DROWNED

Worst luck ever: Last townie alive. They lynched me. (http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16353)
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:24 am

Post by GLaDOS »

Day One Vote Count #9

5 WhenInRome (AwesomePoe, Ghostlin, StefanB, Haylen, WhenInRome)
2 AwesomePoe (chkflip, hurristat)
1 nikitakit (Deer)

With
alive it takes
to lynch. Deadline is January 27 at 7:30 PM CST.

Not Voting – 1 – nikitakit

WhenInRome, Townie, has been lynched!

It is now
Night One
. Night actions are due January 21 at 3:30 PM CST.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

Nobody has died

It is now
Day Two
. Deadline is February 11 at 8:30 PM CST.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by hurristat »

ROLLIN'

Either we have a doc with a good guess or the mafia nokilled for the night. Either is a possibility a this point, but let's take the kill-free night and run with it.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by hurristat »

StefanB wrote:Hurristat: Were do you come from Mafia, do you mean RL, or Forrummafia? If the second, where did you play?
I played on an IRC server, and in real life, but mostly on the IRC server.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Haylen »

It doesn't make sense that mafia would no kill at this stage in the game, unless they missed the deadline which I highly doubt would happen. Thus I'm pretty sure we have a doc - doc, don't claim your action, it means yourself and they person you protected are clear! And we can't afford to lose you both.

Btw, NEVER SELF-HAMMER AS TOWN! EVER! If you don't want to play the game, just replace out.

Off to work now.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Let's get this day rolling with this accustation, two most scummy things I've noticed today:

1) Nikita didn't vote at all Day 1 and spent most of it active lurking.
2) Hurristat seemed to be fishing for doctor speculation; which Haylen is 100% right about everything she said.

Hurristat's action concerns me, but I find nikitanit's entire Day 1 play to be pretty scummy.

Vote: nikitanit
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Post by StefanB »

First of all: I don't feel that bad about the WIR lynch, his play was horrible.
I repeat and rewrite my question on Poe:
AwesomePoe: I think your case is not build solomly on your reaction on WIR, it's more that you didn't do much about most of the other players. There are 8 people you don't know much about this game. As town you would try to make sense of as much of them, as you could. You didn't do much beside the attack on WIR on day 1. What can we exspect from you now?

Haylen: Did you realise that your vote for WIR was the L-1? If you did, why did you do this at the time? You FOSed Nikitakit, any other strong suspects at the moment?

Deer: Care to explain your personal Nikitakit case more?

Nikitakit: What Suspects have you got now?

Not voting at the moment, just cleare my thoughts.

At the moment:
Vote: Poe
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Haylen »

Stefan wrote:Haylen: Did you realise that your vote for WIR was the L-1? If you did, why did you do this at the time? You FOSed Nikitakit, any other strong suspects at the moment?
I did know he was L-1. I voted him to add a bit more pressure. I wasn't exactly expecting him to self-hammer. As I saw it, people seemed to be finding Nikita/Hurristat scummier at the time and I suspected that the wagon on WheninRome would deminish and return sometime during the week leading up to deadline if necessary.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch, btw.

Vote Nikitakit
for now.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:14 am

Post by StefanB »

Okay just to make the last line and second to last line clear. I did thinking about not voting and than dicided to do it, but forget to delete the second line.
Haylen: For this game I think that you don't need your new icon, I think WIR was in the game who had that problem.
I didn't think anyone exspected WIR to selfhammer, must controlle anger.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Deer »

Nikitakit seems too cautious - that's what really kind of gets me about him. The active lurking really didn't help either.
AwesomePoe
AwesomePoe
Townie
AwesomePoe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:41 am

Post by AwesomePoe »

These are the analysis of players voting patterns. This will focus only on players voting on the first day. I will exclude myself and the deceased. I leave that for you to pounder. The keywords are as follows: Stable means having a voting pattern that does not vary more than twice. Unstable means having a voting pattern that varys more than twice. Lurker is the posting pattern of a not posting for much of the day. Active means posting a lot throughout the day. Passive means posting very little throughout the day. Non-aggressive means building or jumping on wagons a small amount of the time. Aggressive means building or jumping on a wagon many times.
cflip: lurker for the beginning of the game before making his player analysis and voting for AP. Held his vote for most of day one. While he may have started later than most, he was consistent through day one. Stable, active.

Ghostlin: active for the entire day, probed players for answers. the most prolific. Voted hurri before he stopped lurking. Voted WIR before the second wagon developed on him. While the most active he was the least aggressive during day one. Stable, active non-aggressive.

hurri: lurker for most of day one, submitted his player analysis after Ghostlin voted him. Voted AP and held his vote. hurri was the least active during the first day and voted after cflip. It wasn’t until he got Ghostlin’s attention that hurri started to be active. Stable, lurker.

nikit: active during the first part of the day. His RVS vote was on Ghostlin, which he forgot to take off until the last third of the day. Was the only person not voting at the end of the day. Has not written a player analysis nor started a case for anybody. Stable, lurker.

SB: active during most of the day. However his vote pattern is spread over many different players. He votes day one have been on players who already have a vote on them. At the end of the day he votes for the two most popular wagons, one after the other. Unstable, active aggressive.

Haylen: She is mostly active during day one. Her posting flairs are sometimes a concern but never a real problem. Her vote was on WIR for the first wagon, then she unvotes for part of the day before returning her vote on WIR when it became the popular vote again. Unstable, active non-aggressive.

Deer: His post are brief and concise putting little suspicion on him. Most of day one he has been a neutral read for most people. Like SB he has spread his vote out thin, leaving the smallest impact voting wise. He is invisible to most people, even more so than the lurkers. Unstable, passive.

SB has been putting his vote on 5 people on the first day. I can understand voting for lurker to get them active. But at this point a vote from SB is like an appendix. You don’t know what’s for but you got one. In fact the only people he didn’t vote were hurri and cflip. hurri wasn’t active during the first part of the day but SB didn’t notice or didn’t grace him with a vote. SB looks scummy because she had a voting lurkers policy she didn’t extend to hurri.

IGMEOY: SB

Nikit is another player I want to bring attention to. For most of us Ghostlin has been looking pretty pro-town throughout the day. Looking through the voting patterns I see that Nikit voted for Ghostlin for a good part of the day, whatever his reason might be for keeping his vote, and has not voted since. He was also one of the candidates for hammering WIR since his vote was free. Nikit looks scummy for his non-voting voting pattern. He looks like a scum hiding during day one.

Vote: Nikit
I'll say one thing about the doc issue. I'm from the future. I can here in a time machine that the Doc invented. Now I need his help to get back to the year 1985.
-AP Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:35 pm
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:08 am

Post by hurristat »

Hey, I've stopped being a lurker.

And my post above about what happened during the night was not fishing for the doctor, just expressing gratitude to whomever the doctor was. I want the doctor to remain obscured.
AwesomePoe
AwesomePoe
Townie
AwesomePoe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:09 am

Post by AwesomePoe »

That's L-1 vote on Nikit. L-2 if votes reset each day.
I'll say one thing about the doc issue. I'm from the future. I can here in a time machine that the Doc invented. Now I need his help to get back to the year 1985.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Ghostlin »

AwesomePoe wrote:That's L-1 vote on Nikit. L-2 if votes reset each day.
Vote counts reset each day. So it'd be L-2, not L-1.
AwesomePoe
AwesomePoe
Townie
AwesomePoe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:19 am

Post by AwesomePoe »

Ghostlin wrote:
AwesomePoe wrote:That's L-1 vote on Nikit. L-2 if votes reset each day.
Vote counts reset each day. So it'd be L-2, not L-1.
Thanks, that's what I thought.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:26 am

Post by hurristat »

Nikitakit, this would be a good time to stop the active lurking and say something...
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:57 am

Post by StefanB »

AwesomePoe wrote:
SB has been putting his vote on 5 people on the first day. I can understand voting for lurker to get them active. But at this point a vote from SB is like an appendix. You don’t know what’s for but you got one. In fact the only people he didn’t vote were hurri and cflip. hurri wasn’t active during the first part of the day but SB didn’t notice or didn’t grace him with a vote. SB looks scummy because she had a voting lurkers policy she didn’t extend to hurri.
Okay Poe just to get out a few thinks that are wrong of the whole think. Yes I voted a lot on day 1, you think there can't be reasons for trying to be a little bit more carefree on day 1? Also they point about an appendix is simple not right, a always gave reasons for my votes, just read my posts. I didn't notice Hurri being not active? Well read me in ISO. I mentioned Hurri twice before his first post, so didn't notice is not right? Why didn't I vote for people who haven't started the game? Ever heared of replacement? When people don't play, they are after a while replaced by the mod. I would call a vote here pretty useless. You forgot someone I didn't vote on, Deer, have yet to vote him. Please I'm male, so don't call me she.
Why didn't I use that lurker policy on Hurri? First Vote useless, than Hurri became more and more active. I didn't think that I had to do somethink to press for more activity.
Also one other think that is wrong: I didn't only vote for people who had only votes on them. Haylen hadn't any votes on her, both times I voted her. On Nikitakit, I called him my second suspect before Deer voted him, so year I didn't let that stop me.

Fun fact, you were on the whole day part of waggons, never had the first vote on someone scummy? Did the fact that WIR already was voted stop you? Should it have? So doublestandard?
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:01 am

Post by StefanB »

As afterthought: Chkflip active? He has 1 post more than nikitakit. I know that are sidewhide proplems, but to call him active makes me interested in your definition of active.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by hurristat »

AwesomePoe,
considering I have more posts than you
, how am I less active than you, chkflip, or nikitakit?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”