Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Jedo the Jedi wrote:I don't understand B. Of course
I want to avoid lynching a town person
...wait for it...because that's unhelpful to town.
Theres no way to know he's town unless you ar scum or masons.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Finally. freedom from this insanity.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:51 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Vote Count:

chesskid3 (1) - bristep123
Shadow1psc (2) - Internet Stranger, AurorusVox
Doombunny9 (1) - chesskid3
Internet Stranger (7) - Shadow1psc, Wraith, smargaret, Nero Cain, Doombunny9, Umbrage, Jedo the Jedi

Not Voting:

SnakePlissken

---------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvqseJXLu7s

(Text in the video is also placed in the description, and below in spoilers, for anyone who has trouble reading it or can't access youtube.)

Spoiler:
Internet Stranger is dragged to the side of the ship

Resigned to his fate he steps onto the ship's plank

Internet Stranger plunges into the water

A check on who he was shows...

LeChuck - Vanilla Pirate

Night phase begins now, and ends on
Sunday at 9pm GMT
Last edited by PranaDevil on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:14 am

Post by PranaDevil »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57AynuqYqn8

Spoiler:
Waking up the crew assemble on the ship's deck
A hat is spotted by the side of the ship
A closer look reveals it belonged to Jedo the Jedi

Elizabeth Swan - Vanilla Pirate

But wait... there's still someone missing
Someone shouts that they've found blood
Rolling the body over reveals SnakePlissken

Captain Blubber - Weak Doc

Alive:

1 - bristep123
2 - chesskid3
3 - smargaret
4 - Umbrage
5 - Shadow1psc
6 - Wraith
7 - Nero Cain
8 - AurorusVox
11 - Doombunny9

With 9 alive it takes 5 to make someone walk the plank

Deadline for Day 2 is
9pm GMT Sunday 6th February
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Umbrage »

Please tell me a weak doc is someone that dies if they protect the wrong person, because if they're not, we're likely looking for an SK or second scum team.

Jedo's kill is confusing. I can understand scum going for Liar's slot, but Jedo... I wonder if someone's trying to pin the kill on myself.

Shadow's still a good lynch for today, but we shouldn't rush anything. I want to take a closer look at smargaret and Nero Cain. They've been sailing under my radar for a while. With Jedo town, I'm more inclined to think of CK3 as town, but not entirely. He and Shadow are still my top suspects at this moment, but I want to cast a wider net.

(That's the trouble with this game, all my metaphors end up sea related.)
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:10 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Shiver me timbers, this be where I stand, yarr:
vote: doombunny9

I don't think you can get more damning evidence than Doom's voting shenanigans. In my eyes he's definitely scum.

---

Umbrage's play is just as stinky as it was yesterday, and I don't like the tone of his opening post - he seems to know that Jedo was the scumkill and Snake was killed by something else, with his claim that Jedo's death was a frame (maybe it was just you killing someone who was after your lynching, eh?)

In fact, I was worried I didn't get this post our before day ended yesterday (the topic literally got locked as I was about to post it), but hurrah, I can make it now...
Umbrage wrote:And do show where I've changed my opinion of IS. This is what I'm talking about, lots of bark, but no bite.
Umbrage #95 wrote:Just so you know, I will vote IS or whoever to get a lynch before the day is out.
Umbrage #99 wrote:Honestly, I can't fully support an IS wagon.
Umbrage #102 wrote:As said, I will switch to IS if it comes to it
Umbrage #106 wrote:I've got a bad feeling about this lynch.
Coming after he said ShadowTown should not have hammered Chess if he didn't think Chess was scum, his vote on IS and his dancing around looks highly suspect.

Umbrage, if Shadow is "still" a good lynch today that implies he was a good lynch in your opinion yesterday. Where was your vote as we got closer to deadline? Why did you wuss out with a vote on townJedo then? And how do you answer your vote on IS when its pretty clear you "had a bad feeling" about it being a mislynch? I will happily lynch Umbrage today but he's been demoted to #2 obvscum behind Doom for now.

---

Weak doctor in the wiki
Assuming Jedo was the NK, and then further discounting the potential for multiple killing roles and presuming that Snake died from his protect (all of which is a very dangerous assumption to make, but let's run with it anyway), I think there was definitely one obvious doc protect last night, and it isn't Umbrage, Doom, or Shadow. I think the obvious doc protect was none other than the soft-claimed PR Chesskid. I'd compromise on his lynch for caution sake if for some reason people are against a Doom or an Umbrage lynch.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

booo @ Prana for making dl on SB day.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Wraith »

Okay, I was a one-shot role and I used it last night. Unfortunately, I am now doubting myself a little, because I used it on one of my stronger town reads, but looking at SP's four posts I get the feeling he
might
have protected the same person (this is a very long jump to a conclusion however). I'd like to hear what everyone else has to say.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by Umbrage »

VOTE: AurorusVox

That's all I needed. Thank you for confirming what I suspected: you killed Jedo to pin it on me.

Longer response incoming later tonight.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I rather lynch Umbrage than Doom.

I don't think two mafia's in a game this small would work so its a killing roles then its deff an SK. Which is why Wraith should be a serious candidate. His SK speculation was totally uneeded.

A 2nd kill tonight confirms an SK, if no 2nd kill I think we can easily conclude that Snake protected Chess and therefore Chess is mafia.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Umbrage wrote:VOTE: AurorusVox

That's all I needed. Thank you for confirming what I suspected: you killed Jedo to pin it on me.

Longer response incoming later tonight.
total OMGUS

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

and in case I didn't make myself clear.
I am requesting deadline be moved to the 7th, I would like some to to post after the SB.

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

I have no idea what the SB is, and a day phase is two weeks. On the dot. As stated in the rules. Two weeks is more than enough of anyone's time.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Umbrage »

1. I NEVER changed my read on IS. I said I would hammer him to avoid a no-lynch, and I stand by that. A lynch of town is better than a no-lynch.

2. I was trying to lynch Jedo, why would I NK him? I know, I know, WIFOM, but all NK speculation is WIFOM, including your argument that I killed Jedo because he wanted me dead.

3. I DON'T know that Jedo was the NK. If a weak doctor is what I thought it was, then it was likely SP wasn't killed intentionally. Therefore, Jedo was MOST LIKELY the NK.

4. If ShadowTown hammered IS, he would probably be lynched today. Thus, if he thought IS was town, the result would likely be two dead townies. I can understand his hesitation. I'm not saying I agree, but I can understand.

5. I voted for Jedo because he looked the scummiest. Simple. I already said I would hammer whoever to get a lynch, so it wasn't a problem. I also wanted to see how you all reacted to a vote on Jedo.

@ everyone: AV's been on me the whole game. Now, he's using a WIFOMy excuse to continue a wagon that has no merit. Doombunny9 is likely his buddy, he's trying to throw in a little distancing with bogus vote analysis.

@ Nero Cain: Not OMGUS. A trap. I waited to see what AV would make of the NK, and he gave just the response I was looking for.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

NC
: you mean "Umbrage", not "Wraith" in that post, right?

Wraith
: regarding your doc protect speculation, I think Chess makes the obvious protect given SP's late replacing in. In this post, he shows that he doesn't think there's enough to say that Chess is mafia yet, and with Chess' PR claim, it seems a worthwhile place to put his protection. NC is right tho - we can probably find out by tonight's kill total whether its a second killer or a doctor's weakness (unless, of course, Chess is an SK who killed one of Snake or Jedo, which would totally fuck things up lol)

Prana
: just guessing but could it be the Superbowl?

Oh joy, Umbrage has given me lots of points to disprove one by one. Incoming!
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

PranaDevil wrote:
I have no idea what the SB is, and a day phase is two weeks. On the dot. As stated in the rules. Two weeks is more than enough of anyone's time.
boooooooooooooooooo SB=Superbowl. Its not the weak sauce from across the pond.

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Wraith »

@AV: Oh yeah, forgot about the softclaim.

@NC: I never speculated on there being an SK, and strongly believe there is no SK.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by Wraith »

Anyways, NC is a good lynch for today, and I'll take a second look at shadow tomorrow or Tuesday to figure out what I think of him.

Vote: Nero Cain
Show

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Vote: Doom

still scum
along with smargaret
Weak doc is an idiot. Go breadcrumb hunt tho idk
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Umbrage wrote:Please tell me a weak doc is someone that dies if they protect the wrong person, because if they're not, we're likely looking for an SK or second scum team.
A weak doc is someone who dies if they protect scum so there's a good chance we don't have a SK (of course, its still too early to assume anything). Unfortunately, we don't have much info on whoever snake thought was pro-town and who he wanted to protect. The closest he got was saying AV has good reasoning for a non-IS lynch but that's far from incriminating. Also, I doubt he protected chess since as snake said, chess is at best, a VI.

[quote"AV"]I don't think you can get more damning evidence than Doom's voting shenanigans. In my eyes he's definitely scum.[/quote]
AV wrote:Scroll across so that you can see the extra information and Doombunny's column at the same time. Notice that as soon as Shadow claims, Doom votes Chess. Soon after Chess claims, Doom unvotes. He later revotes Chess but then soon after hops on the Internet Stranger wagon, putting him at L-2. This is by far the most opportunistic claim hunting behaviour out of all the votes that have gone through.
First of all, Your "as soon as shadow..." part is incorrect. I changed my vote about a full day after the claim and had some posts in between so I don't see what you're trying to get at here. Second, chess never did claim. He nameclaimed but he first nameclaimed when I was on shadow so again, what are you trying to get at? Finally, if you've been reading the thread you'd have noticed that I voted IS because deadline was close and I didn't want a NL, if the deadline wasn't an issue, I would have been fine keeping my vote on chess for a while longer until something else changed my mind. Your case s full of holes and you're going to have to try harder.

NC's desire for an Umbrage lynch but not actually voting for him strikes me as odd along with calling Umbrage out on OMGUS before giving him a chance to explain his vote (Which he said he'd do later). Nero gets a closer look at this point. Along with his tunneling, occasional flawed IS accusations, etc. I think I'll

Vote: Nero

Chess is still a close second.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Wraith wrote: @NC: I never speculated on there being an SK, and strongly believe there is no SK.
Well you did pretty much speculate there were three scummers out there and that speculation was uneeded.

What makes you believe there is no SK? Do you think Snake protected Chess?
Wraith wrote: My top suspects going into D2 no matter chess's alignment are Aurorus Vox, Internet Stranger, and Liar. I'll explain those tomorrow.
Is and Liar's slot flipped town. Chess hasn't flipped, do you still believe him to be scummy? What has changed? You haven't really explained whats going on in your head at all. Just some soft-claiming of an ability we can't prove and what was the point of this? How did it contribute to scum hunting. And if you think Snake protected the same guy you targeted could therefore be mafia why do you not want to say so? Then you put a vote on me 'cause I'm a "good lynch" So just explain whats going on.

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

The 2nd quote above is why wraith is still scum, btw
Doom
Smargaret
Wraith
I called the team
build me a statue.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Umbrage wrote:1. I NEVER changed my read on IS. I said I would hammer him to avoid a no-lynch, and I stand by that. A lynch of town is better than a no-lynch.
If Shadow was likelier scum over IS, you could have voted him and had him lynched yesterday. At one point the wagons could have been equal if everyone stopped
saying
they'd vote for Shadow and actually did it. But you danced around saying you did, no you didn't, oh but you did, support IS's lynching. Because having a claimed VT or your buddy left alive was good for you. (note: the weak doc death has made me rethink Chess as potential scum, relegating Shadow to possibly town after all. I
could
see Chess being third party with a Doom-Umbrage-Shadow scumteam but I think that'll become clearer after tonight...)

Umbrage wrote:2. I was trying to lynch Jedo, why would I NK him? I know, I know, WIFOM, but all NK speculation is WIFOM, including your argument that I killed Jedo because he wanted me dead.
I only speculated on that because you'd pre-empted the argument by saying it was a frame. You rushed to get that out there, and it looked suspect. You would probably NK him because you saw from yesterday how small a chance you had of getting him lynched. Maybe you thought he was a PR, who knows. If someone had really wanted to frame you they'd have killed ME, but YOU as scum probably knew that would lead right back to you, and so you went for the next best thing. Shame you played your hand too early though. NK speculation is all WIFOM and I argue myself in circles about it, but you coming out all guns blazing about how it was a frame has helped clear most of the fog away.

Umbrage wrote:3. I DON'T know that Jedo was the NK. If a weak doctor is what I thought it was, then it was likely SP wasn't killed intentionally. Therefore, Jedo was MOST LIKELY the NK.
So your read on Chess moving from Scum to Town was because...?

Umbrage wrote:4. If ShadowTown hammered IS, he would probably be lynched today. Thus, if he thought IS was town, the result would likely be two dead townies. I can understand his hesitation. I'm not saying I agree, but I can understand.
"I don't agree" - what is this? You said that you think ScumShadow wouldn't have hammered. You also said TownShadow not hammering is "perfectly understandable." So it must be null. But you also said this:
Umbrage wrote:IT IS NOT SCUMMY IF SHADOW DOESN'T HAMMER. IT IS IN HIS BEST INTERESTS AS TOWN FOR HIM TO NOT HAMMER, UNLESS HE TRULY BELIEVES CK3 IS SCUM.
Sounds like you agree that the best town thing to do is
not
hammer someone he thinks is town (which is what you did), AND you're also ignoring it was the best thing for scum-Shadow to do as well. You're wriggling but I won't let go.

Umbrage wrote:5. I voted for Jedo because he looked the scummiest. Simple. I already said I would hammer whoever to get a lynch, so it wasn't a problem. I also wanted to see how you all reacted to a vote on Jedo.
You...what? You're drawing AV-Jedo scum connections? How did that go for you? ALSO, I still don't understand why you didn't pledge allegiance to the Shadow wagon when you've thought he was scum pretty much all game. You instead made sure to STAY OFF it and get on Jedo (?!) and IS's instead.

Umbrage wrote:@ everyone: AV's been on me the whole game. Now, he's using a WIFOMy excuse to continue a wagon that has no merit.
My case on you is plenty more than the NK. Keep ignoring it and it might go away. Well, or you will. One way or the other.

Umbrage wrote:Doombunny9 is likely his buddy, he's trying to throw in a little distancing with bogus vote analysis.
Lololol. The votes aren't fabricated. Tell me how its bogus? Doom has leapt off of claimants and onto new wagons every time. He was the first off of Shadow when he claimed VT, and you were off shortly after. That was a close one, eh, your buddy/the claimed VT almost getting lynched? Then with Chess he was the first to unvote there too. You later followed him, and surprise surprise, eventually ended up on IS together.

------

Doom:
-I guess "as soon as" is hyperbole. It was within about 15 posts though, and it WAS the first to jump ship.
-Chess claimed "not VT" - are you claiming ignorance of that?
-Why did you stop thinking Shadow was scum? What was wrong with his lynch instead of IS's at the end of the day?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I got nothing from last night, by the way. :/
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Doombunny9 wrote: NC's desire for an Umbrage lynch but not actually voting for him strikes me as odd
NO!!!

Do you know why I wanted an IS lynch so bad yesterday and why I thought Jedo was scum? Both of them, more IS than Jedo kept misreading me.

So lets take a look at what I actully said.
NC wrote: I rather lynch Umbrage than Doom.
I don't see anything about me wanting to lynch, I just said given the choice between the two Um seems(ed) scummier.

And how is your vote on me any diffrent than me calling Umbrage's vote OMGUS before he had a chance to explain. Did you give me a chance to explain.

Hypocrite.

vote:Doom

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”