Newbie 1055 (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by MrBump »

We're not in RVS and I have nothing to talk about. If you call this being defensive, you have to see my other games.

Also, forgot to mention this last time. You called out Hayden for AtE. Well, you voiced suspicions on inactivity after her being away for FOUR HOURS (yes parroting etc. etc). It's ridiculous. Plus you did it yourself.

And on that note... bed time. Good night!
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
gapoc459
gapoc459
Townie
gapoc459
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by gapoc459 »

First of all, I am 12, so I obviously have more time on my hands than you people, who are mostly adults. I heard about Mafia on AoPS, a math forum where there are much more kids then there are here. I do not keep in mind that adults have better things to do than sit at the computer all day, reloading http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=150 every few minutes... I called out for AtE just because DP had warned me just minutes before never to AtE!!! :mad:
Ignore everything scum say once they are caught.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Vote: Gapoc

Because, while his reaction to being put at L-2, and his self-vote to L-1 weren't the scumiest, there was definitely some material in his post that could be scum. Also I had no intention of letting gapoc "start over", I just didn't feel having him at L-1 that early was beneficial to town or gapoc's willingness to play.

@Doros:
Doros wrote:Busy...busy...busy. Sorry, I have kept some of you waiting. :neutral: Anyways, back to the important things.

Haylen wrote:
Can you all answer these please!
[/quote
Ugh so, you finally make a post in this thread and all you answer is some random questions. Those questions are not even relevant to alignments in this specific game nor will they be particularly useful in finding scum.. What made you think they were important? I'd much rather you have responded and analysed/discussed everything else going on (namely the "gapoc" incident and possibly some comments on mrbump /myselfs alignments/intentions as there was a lot from both of us so far.

Haylen, be patient, this isn't your first newbie game, you really shouldnt get upset by what they say this early on. They don't know how games work. I remember coming from a site where game-days lasted 1 real life day, and expected mass activity. Similarly the maturity level in this specific game doesn't seem to be the highest but there's no reason to get "angry" ;/
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by DavidParker »

gapoc459 wrote:First of all, I am 12, so I obviously have more time on my hands than you people, who are mostly adults. I heard about Mafia on AoPS, a math forum where there are much more kids then there are here. I do not keep in mind that adults have better things to do than sit at the computer all day, reloading http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=150 every few minutes... I called out for AtE just because DP had warned me just minutes before never to AtE!!! :mad:
You should never use AtE in your arguments or defenses. However, what you did was accuse our IC of being a bad IC for not being as active as you would like. For one thing she stated she would be unavailable to post lots over the weekend, and she hasn't been that inactive. Your reasons for finding her scummy is largely based on her being an IC and you not believing she is playing that role correctly. (I think I was in a game that Haylen was modding when I attacked the IC for being bad.. it doesn't really help you or anyone, just wait til after game to discuss it if you feel it is an issue). Her "emotion" wasn't so much AtE, because she wasn't appealing to anything or trying to get people to stop voting for her by using emotion, it was non-game related and just her being frustrated.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Doros »

The birthday party was great! We had a vanilla cake with fruits and whip cream, pop, ballons, spaghetti & noodles, and so on. :mrgreen:

Okay, back to the game. Thanks for the unvote gapoc! I could tell that you are very enthusiatic about playing this game. :)

DavidParker wrote:

@Doros:
Doros wrote:Busy...busy...busy. Sorry, I have kept some of you waiting. :neutral: Anyways, back to the important things.

Haylen wrote:
[/quote
Ugh so, you finally make a post in this thread and all you answer is some random questions. Those questions are not even relevant to alignments in this specific game nor will they be particularly useful in finding scum.. What made you think they were important? I'd much rather you have responded and analysed/discussed everything else going on (namely the "gapoc" incident and possibly some comments on mrbump /myselfs alignments/intentions as there was a lot from both of us so far.

Haylen, be patient, this isn't your first newbie game, you really shouldnt get upset by what they say this early on. They don't know how games work. I remember coming from a site where game-days lasted 1 real life day, and expected mass activity. Similarly the maturity level in this specific game doesn't seem to be the highest but there's no reason to get "angry" ;/
DavidParker, I think the questions are important because Haylen, our IC, asked us to answer it. Here are the questions:
Haylen wrote:

1. Is there any time coming up where we can expect you to not be very active?
I'm v/la at the Weekends but I will pop my head in.

2. Have you familiarized yourself with Mafia Discussion and the Wiki?
Duh. Wiki admin.

3. Have you read at least one completed game on site?
I like to think so.

4. What is your experience level? How many games have you played? Are there any complete newbies in the house? Does everyone know how the game in general works.
Played roughly 70 games, modded 12-ish now - the majority of which were newbie games. Currently playing IC'ing in two games, playing as a hydra and modding a newbie and large normal - soon running another newbie.

NOTE: I do not encourage random questioning about game theory because I've seen it be devastating for town before. (I should know, I was the scum asking the questions! >.<)
Haylen was asking when we will be busy, if we read up on the rules & stuff, seen a game played, and our experience level. So I don't think they are just randomn questions. I don't know much about the "gapoc incident" or the mrbump/yourself alignments/intentions. Can't you boys get along?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Who do you think out of us "not getting along", comes off as most likely to be scum between the 3 of us and why?
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:06 am

Post by MrBump »

Doros wrote:The birthday party was great! We had a vanilla cake with fruits and whip cream, pop, ballons, spaghetti & noodles, and so on. :mrgreen:
I'm jelly.

Well to be honest, Doros, I think David's playing a great game and I LOVE the way he plays (inobuddyingtho). Gapoc has continually made mistakes, and SxyBeast strikes me as a laid-back player more than anything else.

I forgot to do this last night;

VOTE: gapoc

You're too scummy to be allowed to live.

Being serious, first off, you can't use "I'm 12" as an excuse for other people to be active. Secondly, I sit at a computer all day as I am physically incapable of doing anything else, so my activity should be good. And thirdly (is that even a word?), AtE sometimes works, but don't make it blindingly obvious. Yes, it's a low tactic, but it's like a rule for me. "You are MrBump. You must AtE once a day and coast to victory!" Not really, I'm trying to STOP that, but I'm getting off-topic. Hayden wasn't AtE'ing, she was frustrated.

I still dislike the way you look to the SE's to be the town leaders, despite the fact you suspected one of them. When I pointed out they could be Mafia, you were surprised and went "Oh yeah", basically. Then your next post you said "It occurred to me before", when you clearly stated it HADN'T occurred to you before.

>Contradiction
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:11 am

Post by DavidParker »

I'm actually taking into account his maturity and age when analyzing him, which is probably working in his favor, but definitely still worthy of vote, I wouldn't say he's "too scummy to be allowed to live" yet. Gapoc is blindly following other players largely and that's not too uncommon or unexpected given the circumstances of this being a nebwie game and his inexperience.

I just greatly dislike the WIFOM he used which did come of us as scummy whereas the ATE was more townish given him being a newbie.
SxyBeast
SxyBeast
Townie
SxyBeast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:13 am

Post by SxyBeast »

I agree with DP that we should take his age and maturity into account when discussing him. his WIFOM bothered me as well, but unlike DP i thought he was pushing a bit hard on the ATE. so from my point of view he was either mafia that really didn't want to be lynched, and for the time being worked, or he ,being 12, got a bit over excited and just started posting his feelings and voted himself. Though what i don't get about him voting himself is that y would u give up if u r important to us? u said you'll do better next time, but i have never seen anyone who is actually important just give up. For the most part they fight the hardest because they are important and can help win the game. So since everyone took their votes off of u and ur no longer at L-1
Vote gapoc
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:24 am

Post by DavidParker »

Can u guys stop following my voting patterns? have some originality please...
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:56 am

Post by MrBump »

Inb4Davidunvotes

I didn't really want to unvote but we were giving him a second chance. When you voted him again it was like "Oh, okay". I'd still like for the others to post at some point...
SxyBeast
SxyBeast
Townie
SxyBeast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:58 am

Post by SxyBeast »

i vote when i feel comfortable voting the person not when other people think its ok. it doesn't matter who voted him first. the fact that i happen to agree and vote him after you means nothing
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:22 am

Post by DavidParker »

I was never giving him a "second chance". Just I wasn't ready for a lynch when he self-voted to L-1. And there is definitely a town-gapoc argument, just it's not as strong as scum-gapoc argument at this point. There's also a scum-mrbump argument that I am currently warming to as well.

But it's really too hard to accomplish too much with current activity levels.

@mod:
time for 2 replacements? or have they responded to pros?
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:13 am

Post by MrBump »

Look, first suspicions of me. Inb4massivewagontakesform

Activity sucks atm.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:22 am

Post by Zachrulez »

DavidParker wrote:
@mod:
time for 2 replacements? or have they responded to pros?
No one had yet been inactive since the game start to warrant a prod. I have now sent prods to Vittorio Salamdien and Vinoth.
SxyBeast
SxyBeast
Townie
SxyBeast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:29 am

Post by SxyBeast »

yay thank you mod
Vinoth
Vinoth
Townie
Vinoth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Vinoth »

Hey people,

Sorry for not posting earlier, I was unaware the game had started until I was prodded.
I'm a little unfamiliar about how Mafia works on these forums, so what happened to Colonel Mustard and Eternal_Phantam
(whose names were crossed out). Were they killed by the Mafia, or did they leave the game? Also, how long exactly does each day phase last, and how are we notified when people are killed by Mafia?

I'm not sure I've gained any information/suspicions by skimming through the last 7 pages.. so yeah I'm not casting my vote yet.

@gapoc: I used to be very active @ Aops in my math Olympiad days. You do maths Olympiad too? :)
Vinoth
Vinoth
Townie
Vinoth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Vinoth »

And those people who have voted to kill me, if you simply lynch people who are unactive I understand. If you have any other reason for accusing me, do tell ...
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:31 am

Post by DavidParker »

There names are crossed out because their player slots were replaced by new players due to not responding to their pm's or something. Each day phase lasts 3 weeks or something (or maybe just day 1, then 2 weeks after that), it says in game-info post at start of the game. The mod will write a lynch-scene when a player is lynched, and then lock the thread, mafia decide who to kill secretly, mod reopens the thread stating who mafia killed.

You'll noticed no one is voting you any more :)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Zachrulez »

2nd Vote Count of Day 1:

gapoc459 - 3 (DavidParker, MrBump, SxyBeast)
Mr Bump - 1 (Haylen)

Not Voting: (Vinoth, Vittorio Salamdien, Doros, Stefunny, Gapoc459)

If I made any mistakes please politely point them out and they will be corrected.

Day 1 will end no later than Saturday February 5th at 10:30am CST

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.
Vinoth
Vinoth
Townie
Vinoth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Vinoth »

If each day phase takes 3 weeks ... does that mean it will take at least 2 or 3 months to finish the game?
SxyBeast
SxyBeast
Townie
SxyBeast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:19 am

Post by SxyBeast »

unless lynches go quickly then most likely yes
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:57 am

Post by MrBump »

No, it won't. Games usually end at around Day 3/4, Day 2 if town is made of win. And not all days take that long. If it's OBVIOUS someone is scum, we're not going to wait twiddling our thumbs for the deadline.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:Who do you think out of us "not getting along", comes off as most likely to be scum between the 3 of us and why?
I don't know. It is early in the game and there is not much to go on.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Doros »

Doros wrote:
DavidParker wrote:Who do you think out of us "not getting along", comes off as most likely to be scum between the 3 of us and why?
I don't know. It is early in the game and there is not much to go on.
And besides, I was just joking about the "not getting along" bit. :)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”