chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:59 am

Post by chesskid3 »

oh lol you didn't say a couple pages of reasons
anyway
I don't see why you need reasoning for that
fakeclaiing FN with partner is so ballsy, and nobody in this game has the guts to do that. Ergo, town.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 am

Post by chesskid3 »

apparently i'm imaginign things
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Umbrage »

Shadow1psc wrote:... what? Are you high? That wasn't the implication of the post at all. You're right, nobody is drawing connections between me and the night kills, because it kinda goes without saying. I'm talking about the NK's in relation mostly to Snake because it's pretty obvious he died protecting scum. Are you that dense?
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how the first words out of your mouth were 'I had nothing to do with the dead guys'.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:05 am

Post by chesskid3 »

SnakePlissken wrote:Nero - I had Chess pegged as more of a Jack wannabe more than Fate, for starters he doesn't use CAPS LOCK nearly enough to be Fate Lite.

On topic I'm still reading back but I think it's claim time from IS, so let's put him at L-1 and see what he comes up with. Personally I don't like Chesskids play style, but there's no where enough evidence to lynch him as mafia yet. As VI maybe. Maybe I haven't red back enough yet but I don't see the Umbrage scum link. Smargret I think my vote answers your question in part.

If I get time before someone hammers I will try and get my notes in.

Vote Internet Stranger
if there is a crumb, it's here
Umbrage is a reasonable target based on this post. Unsure of scum/town status, weak doc, mentioned in post.
decisions, decisions.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

You're reaching, so hard. There's an entire post there of content related to why I said that first sentence. Explaining why Jedo is the obv shot (if I 'didnt suspect' jedo and was scum, i OBVIOUSLY shot him, I wasn't distancing, follow your own logic train FFS).
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:07 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Jedo was obviously the shot, and I could have figured that shit out without even reading the thread.
Weak doc's dont get NKed, they die from being weak docs asidjfoasjdif
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:11 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Umbrage wrote:@ Shadow: It's scummy because it was the first thing you said. Your main concern was "who are the scum" or "what are people saying to me", it was "I didn't do the NKs". Nobody was drawing connections between you and the NKs. Unprompted denial is distancing.
Wait. Wasn't this exactly what you did with the "I've been framed" bullshit?
Umbrage wrote:@ AV: What the hell is this? I'm scum unless I vote Doom? Seems to ring a bell.... OH YES, that's what IS said to Shadow! My answer is the same as his: NO.
That wasn't what I said. I said if you're sure he's scum why are you afraid to vote for him? Are you categorically refusing to vote for someone you think is scum? Jeee, what a stinky scumbag you are.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Doombunny9 wrote:
Nero wrote:I don't see anything about me wanting to lynch, I just said given the choice between the two Um seems(ed) scummier.
Alright, I can see that, it still strikes me as odd as why you didn't vote however.
I don't see how this is any different that UMs first post of the day. So why am I scummy for it and he's not?

Hypocritical scum is hypocritical.
doom wrote:
Nero wrote:And how is your vote on me any diffrent than me calling Umbrage's vote OMGUS before he had a chance to explain. Did you give me a chance to explain.
Good lord...Is anyone else seeing this?

Nero- Please read Umbrage's post where he votes AV again. He states "Longer response incoming later tonight". Why the hell would you call Umbrage's case OMGUS before he even fully explained his case? You just write it off as OMGUS just because AV happened to vote him. You didn't do this. You already made the post and made posts after it so you clearly weren't going to go on about it any more than you already have. In act, even when you say you want a chance to explain your statement you don't and go on calling me a hypocrite instead.

Your overreaction has been noted and this has made me immensely more happy with my vote.
B/c I HATE post cases srs. It makes no sense to me to say hey this guy is so scummy but but but I'm going to wait to explain why. If he didn't have time that night is one thing but he posted 4 TIMES later that night.

This is why you are a hypocrite: You were unsure about what I meant in my post, instead of asking me to clarify you simply call me scummy and place a vote. To me its basically the same thing as mine calling UM for the OMGUS.

Something you haven't really commented on is the "trap". You believe that Um set a trp for Vox? Is Vox scummy for this?

Wraith stop being butt hurt and vote Doom.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:55 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Vote Count:

doombunny9 (2) - chesskid3, Nero Cain
Nero Cain (2) - Wraith, doombunny9
chesskid3 (2) - smargaret, Umbrage
Umbrage (2) - AurorusVox, Shadow1psc

Not Voting:

bristep123

With 9 alive it takes 5 to make someone walk the plank!

Day phase will end at
9pm GMT on Sunday February 6th
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:02 am

Post by chesskid3 »

None of the pairs of people voting are scum together.
That is all.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Umbrage »

AV wrote:That wasn't what I said. I said if you're sure he's scum why are you afraid to vote for him? Are you categorically refusing to vote for someone you think is scum? Jeee, what a stinky scumbag you are.
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT INTERNET STRANGER SAID!

FACT: You say I'm buddies with Doom.
FACT: You want me to vote Doom.
FACT: You think I'm scummy because I don't vote Doom.
ERGO: You are saying that if I vote Doom, your read on me will lessen. I don't care if you explicitly said it or not, it's there.

If I didn't replace out of my last game, I'd replace out of this one. I'm through responding to AV as it is. Somebody tell me if he gets past ad hominem.

@ Shadow: Simply the fact that you never suspected him proves he would be a good kill for you. Think about it.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:34 am

Post by bristep123 »

This is just getting boring to follow. Every time I log in there's pages of big back and forths from Umbrage or Chess or AV to wade through and it's pretty much clogging up the game.

I also can't see any breadcrumbing in Snake's posts, which is a damn shame because that's the best lead we've got right now.

I think the scum are smargaret, Nero Cain and if there are 3, Shadow or Umbrage. Most of the reasoning for each of these has been posted by others, I'm not going to repeat it.

I will give this as (I think) new evidence of Nero's scumminess
Nero Cain wrote:How do you know me an UM are
busing
? You know that IS is scum?

I'm calling it. IS, Wraith, Jedo.
2 are dead and confirmed town. The third is pretty much confirmed town friendly neighbour. You were 0 for 3. Were you really so dumb/wrong as to be completely wrong or did you throw out 3 names you knew to be town because you didn't want to risk including your scumbuddy(or buddies) in your suspects?

On smargaret
smargaret wrote:So AV votes Doom without a strong reason (yesterday's voting patterns? At least explain said voting patterns!), brings up the case on Umbrage again, and suggests that SP's death implies Chess is scum. Feeling out the town much? IGMEOY.
The voting patterns were explained in AV's post where he linked to the spreadsheet showing the voting patterns. smargaret is either ignoring this or isn't reading the thread properly. I also asked her days ago (when I replaced in actually) what IGMEOY stood for, but didn't get an answer.
smargaret wrote:
Bristep, Chess, Umbrage, and Snake - Your votes aren't doing anything right now. Who would you rather lynch out of IS/Shadow?
I'd already said that I would vote for IS to avoid the no-lynch but that I would prefer a lynch on Shadow. Umbrage and Chess were also very clear on their stance (whether I think they are town or scum, they were clear about their stance on IS/Shadow). Again, smargaret is not reading the thread (or expects everyone else to repeat themself for her benefit).

She also claims not to be lurking, but just to be "up to stuff". I think she's lurking. The rest of her posts are either weak arguments, picking up on insignificant things or fluff.

Umbrage and Shadow are essentially carried over from Day one, the only thing that's changed is that I'm so sure about the other 2 (Nero, smargaret) that it only leaves room for one of these 2 to be scum. I need to try and work out which.

For now however, my strongest suspicion lies here.

vote Nero Cain
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:36 am

Post by chesskid3 »

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS
NO
YOUR SLOT IS TOWN
STOP TRYING TO PRETEND TO BE SCUM TO BLEND IN WITH ALL THE COOL KIDS
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Wraith »

Thread jumped two pages while I wasn't looking. Catching up.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Wraith »

Okay, the nagging feeling in my gut is telling me to stop with the confirmation bias. Right now the only concrete reads I have right now are:

AV>Umbrage on the town scale
Chesskid=total VI

I don't get the doombunny case (probably the CB causing me to ignore it). Please explain it to me, specifically, in exact and careful terms, from BOTH AV and NC's points of view.

I would like some proper contribution from Shadow. The vast majority of his ISO is made up of excuses for not posting contribution and one-line defenses of himself/snarky comments at attackers. With the flip of IS I'm more willing to get aboard with a Shadow lynch.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Wraith »

Also,
Unvote
. For now.
Show

Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

What more would you like from me? Umbrage is the easy lynch, and I've fingered/fought him since this game started. I'm not sure what you're talking about as far as excuses for not posting goes... I started the game with that cause it started on a weekend (wherein I either don't post, or post little when i get a chance to skim). That hasn't been brought around in forever, unless you were just reading my entire ISO in general. The rest of D1 was spent defending myself from IS' terrible tunneling, or pointing out how Umbrage be floppin' around like a fish outta water.

Anyone else remember the speculation regarding one 'captain flubber'? Was that Liar's spot in the beginning? Lemme go check...
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Oh, yeah it was. That really didn't read anywhere, and that was an argument with CK anyway, who I think is town, and whose reads may be on. He is just having a terrible time explaining why at most junctures.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Umbrage »

Nero Cain's ISO:

He starts off on CK3, but note that his read is pretty wishy-washy, going from scum to not sure to anti-town. I'd say this sums it up best:
I've played a ton of games with Chess. We just ended a game and he played very similar to this. He was scum. Even when he's not scum he's highly erratic and many players consider him a bit of a VI...BUT...he is fairly accurate as town bu I don't think he's town this game. Basically wannabe Fate is wannabe.
Then NC disappears for a while. He posts a couple times to avoid replacement, but doesn't contribute. When he returns, he immediately votes Nexus. However, he also quickly unvotes to vote IS. Then he unvotes again to vote CK3. He says that he'd be alright with an IS lynch or a CK3 lynch. However, he only attacks CK3.

However, we see an abrupt turnaround:
I'm here to and I'm waiting on IS to hammer.
ITT IS is scum.
With nothing in between those two quotes. He then makes his biggest post yet, and it's mostly on IS and bristep. His case on IS is pretty much the fact that IS didn't hammer.

A few posts later, he says that either CK3 or IS is scum. His case on CK3 is now mainly meta. Soon after, he votes IS. He attacks Jedo for using a chainsaw defence of IS. He attacks me for not going with IS' wagon. Then he says the scum team is: IS, Wraith, and Jedo. I don't see an argument for Wraith being scum. NC made much better arguments on CK3 and myself. Later on, he clarifies that the sole reason he finds me scummy is because I didn't put IS at L-1. He also says that he also suspects AV and Snake.

Soon after, I give in and put IS at L-1.

A new day begins, and he starts attacking me. He calls OMGUS without seeing my argument. The reason I find this scummy is that if he doesn't like "I'll give my reasoning later" posts, why didn't he say so then?

When Doom calls him on not voting me, NC votes Doom. (Now THAT is OMGUS.) In the same post, he basically admits that his scum reads were given to people who "misread" him. Not a good basis for a vote.

CONCLUSION:

We have a player who changes votes and reads. We have a player that declares a player scum, then forgets about them completely. We have a player who uses OMGUS to determine his scum reads. We have a very scummy player.

The one thing that makes me hesitate is the NK. It makes no sense for a scum to kill a player he said was definitely scum. But I'm overlooking this because:

a) it's WIFOM.
b) I'm not ruling out the existence of an SK yet.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:04 am

Post by smargaret »

Bristep: IGMEOY is explained on the wiki. It stands for I've got my eye on you. And yes, I have been skimming some of the walls, because at a certain point they became repetitive and stopped contributing to the game. I really did have some other stuff going on; check my sitewide activity levels.

I hardly think that my point about Chess being the logical doc protect is fluff or picking up on something insignificant. In the absence of an identifiable breadcrumb, Chess is the best lead we have.

Chess: There was vig directing going on; you were the one doing it.

Shadow: Umbrage is the "easy lynch"? Are you sure that's what you meant to say? And now that IS isn't here and tunneling on you any more, can you go on the offense? You're eating up my townread on you.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

It's honestly hard to make heads or tales of it. I think CK is town. I'm honestly not sure what to think of AV. Umbrage has been my second scum read, and I have been attacking him, it's just becoming redundant. We've lost 3 town, and we're still going in circles, and I bet the scum team is laughing their faces off. Smargaret, I don't see the case people have brought against you really (CK, mind breaking it down?). NC is pretty out there, Wraith and Bristep are null. That's what I've got. Everyone is going in circles.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:12 am

Post by bristep123 »

smargaret wrote:Bristep: IGMEOY is explained on the wiki. It stands for I've got my eye on you. And yes, I have been skimming some of the walls, because at a certain point they became repetitive and stopped contributing to the game. I really did have some other stuff going on; check my sitewide activity levels.

I hardly think that my point about Chess being the logical doc protect is fluff or picking up on something insignificant. In the absence of an identifiable breadcrumb, Chess is the best lead we have.

Chess: There was vig directing going on; you were the one doing it.

Shadow: Umbrage is the "easy lynch"? Are you sure that's what you meant to say? And now that IS isn't here and tunneling on you any more, can you go on the offense? You're eating up my townread on you.
Picking me up for asking something that's in the wiki? Weren't you just asking what wraith's role was that allowed him to wave at aurorus? I guess you could say IGMEOY. ;)
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:21 am

Post by smargaret »

You can't wiki search "wave at another player in the night" and be certain you're getting the right result - there is other information that only AV/Wraith have. There is, however, a fairly comprehensive list of acronyms on the wiki.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:21 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I meant vig directing post night 1. Turns out it was in a different game and I got my games mixed up, hence the nevermind comment/
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:23 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Case on smargaret is active lurking + combative tone (very easy to do as scum, (i've done it). You just shoot down everything and add nothing, and a nice bit of PoE.
Seeing as my townreads are 3/3 so far, I'm pretty happy with the rest of my reads.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”