Open 272 - Near-Vanilla (Over!)

Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Bella »

It doesn't matter if you judge my other account or not. I doubt it'll be helpful, though.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Bella »

Anyway... It seems strange to be asking for a scum list at this stage of the game, with the general activity levels of some of the players and there being several replacements already. The data doesn't exist to perform such an action. So, I decline to provide one. I will, however, provide my current thoughts on each player.

JesseSheffield - 20% of posts promise futher posts. 10% of posts are confirm. 10% of posts are irrelevent to the game. His other posting is safe, and justifiable but lacks quantity to tell whether he's actually trying to engage in scumhunting or scum residing in safe, uncontroversial play. Also, promised a post "in the morning" at 8am GMT on Friday after a four day gap in posting. It is currently 5am-ish GMT on Tuesday morning. If forced to categorize him, I'd probably have to go with slight lean towards lurker/busy town.

andrew94 - Well, he seems to be trying. He's not posting much in his posts, but what's there has the appearance of attempted scum-hunting Mild lean town.

DavidParker (Replacing: MidnightHike) - MidnightHike didn't post at all beyond confirming, whereas David's made a good solid attempt to get teh game moving since replacing in. The policy lynch stuff is stupid, but meh... the rest of his posting seems productive so far.

Egg - Five posts isn't enough to make any kind fo judgment - especially when 3 of them are confirmation and two posts promising future content. Given that he's a newbie making his first post, I'm tending to agree that he's probably a flaking newb who could go either way.

Looker (Replacing: slMagnvox) - slMagvox provided nothing of note. Looker's posting thus far has yet to really set me off either way.

brokenscraps - Urgh, started off really poorly with his talk about "confirmed scum" early on, but he seemed to pick up once the game got going. I'd lean townish based on his later play, but I'm open to a slim possibility that he's just trying harder to make up for the poor start.

Nachomamma8 - I really could go either way on Nachomamma8. Started slow, by jumping on brokenscraps post for all the wrong reasons and was unconvincing when defending against the confirmation accusation. I hatehatehatehatehate the L-1 thing, and the reaction to AntB refusing to claim to it was... strange, since generally speaking, claiming is a valid consideration at L-1 and Nacho's the one who planted that seed. Still... when pressured and pressed into pushing the AntB case, there seemed to be quite a shift to far more pro-town play. Coinflip, really.

smashbro_of_the_SSS - Concentrating too much on lurkers for my liking. There's some oddness with his "slightly more serious" vote for the same person early on that he never really justified well. There are seeds planted that could blossom into a full-blown scum-case, but it's too soon to come to a judgment.

AntB - There's a very solid case against him, but there's something in the conviction and the confidence of his defence of himself that pings town, even if I can't find anything else to base that read from.

lord_hur (Replacing: Chaotic Neutrality) - Chaotic Neautrality got off to a bad start before the replacement by copping an attitude and making a much bigger deal out of the "confirm 2nd" thing than it warrented. lord_hur hasn't done much better, but I can't quite put my finger on why. Sure, there's the absurdity of pushing for a policy lynch with no justification when I replaced in, but there's just something more to it that I can't qwuite grasp. Maybe it's the language. There's a lot of overly-emotive and over-reactive language being used in conjuction with stuff like lynching lurkers that strikes a chord as trying far too hard. Eh... I'd probably lean scummish, but without confidence since I can't really articulate why.

farside22 - farside's expreienced so, so you have to be alert to the possibility that she's just playing well, but given the way she's pushing along discussion and pressing for answers to questions she asks puts her as a solidish town player for now.

Archer - Mmm. The anti-Nachomamma8 thing over the "confirm tell" seems dicey, to me. He also seems slightly out of sync with the game - he made a random vote when it seemed the game had move on from that and he posted that he wasn't used to the speed. He's a goon, though, so it might just be inexperience with the MS style of play. He's a bit on the over-emotive side like lord-hur. He also seemed to play the newb card, yet he's trying to link potential scum in ways that seem more experienced than that. I'm really undecided. Something seems off, but I'm not sure what.

Need more data for better reads.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Bella wrote:Sure, there's the absurdity of pushing for a policy lynch with no justification when I replaced in.
I'll avoid to insult you like you did with that sarcasm comment, and just say that it's a private joke.

So, you don't have any real lead on anyone? I know you've replaced recently, but we have a deadline coming...
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by lord_hur »

farside22 wrote:I will try hard not to judge the dizzyizzy account.
Why would you do that? You've been pretty heavily on the meta side until now.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

OK, Bella, you realize that your views on most of the people are "I could see them as scum/town, but not sure." right? You give one, maybe two strong stances. Actually, one, on lord_hur. It seems like a pretty easy way to sit back and then side with the biggest wagon. If you had to lynch one person right now, who would it be any why? (and preferably place a vote)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:07 am

Post by farside22 »

lord_hur wrote:
farside22 wrote:I will try hard not to judge the dizzyizzy account.
Why would you do that? You've been pretty heavily on the meta side until now.

If dizzyizzy is the one I"m remember it was the one that flaked in a game and did nothing.
My first reaction to seeing the alt account name was to joke about the policy. Bella's reaction was felt like someone not amused.
Mostly I wasn't going to join the policy joke after that or think about that flaky person and judge her for her worth in this game.
I still plan on seeing if I have the right dizzy when I have time, but I have a feeling she may be telling the truth about it doing no good if she is.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Anyway... It seems strange to be asking for a scum list at this stage of the game, with the general activity levels of some of the players and there being several replacements already. The data doesn't exist to perform such an action. So, I decline to provide one. I will, however, provide my current thoughts on each player.
I don't see why it's strange to ask with 13 pages and deadline in about a week. There should be an impression or idea which you had but I don't like the wishy washiness you have in your post were you don't want to make a firm stance as though you are scared to make a stand.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:15 am

Post by lord_hur »

Bella wrote:farside22 - farside's expreienced so, so you have to be alert to the possibility that she's just playing well, but given the way she's pushing along discussion and pressing for answers to questions she asks puts her as a solidish town player for now.
This, I agree with : farside22 was/is a great player, and will be a pain to nail is she's scum. I haven't done any meta between her play as scum and town yet, but I have the feeling that will be wasted time. I'm seeing minor scum tells in a lot of her posts, but on reread/explanation from her, I have to admit it's more paranoia than anything else.

Also, I don't like how everyone is so passive, except a few (farside22 and DavidParker). And no, smashbro_of_the_SSS, repeating what I've said two posts before in a menacing tone doesn't qualify, in my opinion.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:43 am

Post by DavidParker »

So, I don't like Bella's big catchup post, but I was amused by her response to the policy lynch. (if you're not a her, I'm going to call you one anyways, so get used to it). I am going to reiterated (not the first either) how Bella didn't even take a stance on anyone... Even your comments on players look like you didn't put any effort in..

Just looking at mine - you type a sentence or two, say I help get the game moving (don't say how or what that means) then post a comment on me making a joke (obvious joke at that) as apart of your read, then say everything else
SEEMS
productive so far.. I mean, this isn't a read. This is you just saying generic nonsense, that doesn't indicate anything about what you think of me. And 1/3 of it is just about a joke I made...

This post reminds me of Egg's big-question-post, and I don't like it at all. Just instead of questions you have posted generic/non-commital remarks about everyone's play, and mostly just mimic'd other people's opinions.

Try having a stance or original opinion of your own on players?

Based on play alone, I'd probably label Jesse+Egg+Bella (Shotty) as scum right now. They have played worse than anyone else in this game. However, that's often the case in games, and going by my gut I know this list isn't right because scum just don't make themself that obvious. Whereas, bad town players do make themselves known...
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:59 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Battousai replaces JesseSheffield.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:59 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Official Day 1 Vote Tally

13 players remain; 7 votes needed for a lynch.

Nachomamma8 (3)
- brokenscraps, AntB, lord_hur
Egg (2)
- DavidParker, smashbro_of_the_SSS
AntB (1)
- andrew94
Archer (1)
- Nachomamma8
smashbro_of_the_SSS (1)
- Looker
andrew94 (1)
- farside22

Yet to vote (4): Battousai, Egg, Archer, Bella
=========================================================

Deadline
: Monday, January 31, 11:59 PM CT. (GMT-6)
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:05 am

Post by DavidParker »

5 Days until deadline, it's time to get some band-wagoning action happening people who aren't voting. Make a decision and a stance. The fact Bella and Egg (and even Jesse, who has now been replaced though, so less of a tell) aren't voting makes me find them even scummier. But as per usual, bad town-play is fairly common and somewhat [sarcasm]contagious[/sarcasm] it seems.
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:52 am

Post by brokenscraps »

@mod: I will post as much as possible but won't have great internet access over the next few days

ps. looker is voting andrew

There hasn't been a new vote in a while and we're approaching deadline without a clear wagon and several lurkers & fluff posters. The non-voters need to vote now, and if you're looking through and nobody has expressed intentions of voting your 1 vote then think about changing votes.

opinion on Bella: she has good basic surface commentary but has added very little reads and analyses. The actual post doesn't say much wrong but it doesn't say much new; I'd prefer to see some more play that contributes A. new content and arguments & B. something other than observation to get a better idea of her. At the moment it isn't a good start and my suspicions are raised.

Still like nacho lynch most, then probably archer.

p-edit: beat me to it...
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:18 am

Post by DavidParker »

Oh, I'm somewhat partial to new content and arguments, the main problem was the post just didn't take a stance on anyone. Just agreeing with a case is fine, but Bella just didn't commit to anything..
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:51 am

Post by AntB »

I'm happy for a Nacho, andrew or Bella lynch today.

Reasons on Nacho and Andrew should be clear, reason for bella is the fluffy catchup, provides nothing. Only 1 solid read, interestingly there's a potential scum-case but its too soon...
@Bella
Why is it too soon to build a scum case? When
isn't
it to soon to build a scum case?

@Mod: Whats your deadline lynch policy? Majority of votes or none?
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:55 am

Post by DavidParker »

Haha, dang, I just noticed how lacking the game info/rules post is :)
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Battousai »

/confirming I got my role and will reread at a later time.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:25 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

AntB wrote:I'm happy for a Nacho, andrew or Bella lynch today.

Reasons on Nacho and Andrew should be clear, reason for bella is the fluffy catchup, provides nothing. Only 1 solid read, interestingly there's a potential scum-case but its too soon...
@Bella
Why is it too soon to build a scum case? When
isn't
it to soon to build a scum case?

@Mod: Whats your deadline lynch policy? Majority of votes or none?
As this is an Open Game, I'm going to stick with the typical "If no majority, then No Lynch."

(FTR, Games not in the Open Queue I run only require majority of majority at deadline.)

==================================================================================
DavidParker wrote:Haha, dang, I just noticed how lacking the game info/rules post is :)
I've been here a long time. As long as you don't cheat and have fun while playing to win, go for it. I'll always answer questions.
Show

:

andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:56 am

Post by andrew94 »

@antb

suspects
antb- for reasons stated
lord_hur comes in , seconds the policy lynch, BUT doesnt vote. comments on bella is not a 'newb' then says ' i was just pointing it out, adding to the case' then 'fos david for interprating it otherwise???'

and batt
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:08 am

Post by DavidParker »

*resists urge to post favorite andrew quote*

The entire discourse regarding the policy lynch and what not was all sarcasm/jokes.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Battousai »

227- DavidParker is distancing = scum if nacho is town

249- I see this as scum hurting his faction (1 bad scum is much more harmful than 1 bad town) more than town guilt. = probable scum

260- Smashbro "getting on the wagon" without voting = probable town if nacho is town, scum if nacho is scum

298- Farside gives her scum meta ("I try to avoid scum bussing D1") = null leaning scum

Vote: Nacho
as it will give me the alignment of Smashbro for sure, and a scum read on DavidParker if Nacho is town.

Will be willing to switch to Bella.
Archer
Archer
Townie
Archer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Archer »

I'm back, deadline met. I'm not so sure anymore of nacho, just doesnt feel right. But egg, with loads of empty promises and a single "useful" post that is essentially a spray and pray effort does not sit right with me. I've got my eye on bella for essentially doing the same but I think it may be due to having to replace into a game.

VOTE: Egg
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Battousai wrote:227- DavidParker is distancing = scum if nacho is town
Because town players having a town-read on other town players is unheard of?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by andrew94 »

DavidParker wrote:
Battousai wrote:227- DavidParker is distancing = scum if nacho is town
Because town players having a town-read on other town players is unheard of?
exactly.
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Post by andrew94 »

batt's post was hewavily scummy.

how can u know for 'sure' smashbros alignment depending on nacho's flip