Newbie 1055 (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
gapoc459
gapoc459
Townie
gapoc459
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:47 am

Post by gapoc459 »

Okay, let's begin... As you know, I'm 12, and American (for you English, I bet that's an automatic reason to lynch me...), so I will usually not be able to post until I get home from school: around 5-7 EST. I will address all your comments since morning. Each line corresponds to those made earlier today. Please read over again before accusing me of saying something that was directed to something else (like my thanking the mod yesterday, and not the players.)

@DavidParker: I would not say that using an emoticon is appealing to AtE. I know understand that mafia games are much less active than I expected them to be, and I respect that. I even received pm's from Zachrulez AND EVEN Vel-Rahn Koon! Also, could you please say which of my posts exactly do you think are scummy?

@Doros: Please read the entire thread carefully. You can't play if you don't know what is going on. The "gapoc incident" is the most interesting thing we've had so far; how could you not know much about it?!?

@DavidParker: "The three of us" meaning who? MrBump, you, and me?

@MrBump: I did not use "I'm 12" as an excuse. I said that my "maturity and age" (quoting DP) affected the way I originally thought of mafia. I've already said that I now perfectly understand the activity level, and that adults don't have nearly as much time as I do... Also, like DP, please tell me where and when I used AtE (unless you mean the emoticon at the end of my last post!). I look to the SE's as town leaders, because they are SE's! I do not take it for granted, but (how many times are you going to make the same arguments against me?!?), but for the FRICKIN' THIRD TIME, THEY LEAVE LESS SUSPICION THAN PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND I!!!!! Feel free to call that AtE!

@DavidParker: I am sorry that I do not understand everything, but I am a newbie. Please explain the "WIFOM I just used." I'm not saying I didn't do it intentionally. I just don't know what it is...

@SxyBeast: I still have no idea what to make of you and your playing style. Not really suspicious, but, I dunno, there's something there...

@DavidParker: EXACTLY!!! That's what I said to MrBump!

@MrBump: DavidParker explicitly stated a few posts ago that he was not giving me another chance, but he felt uncomfortable with someone being at L-1 so early. So why did you unvote?!?

@DavidParker: Yeah, you pretty much just said that.

That's pretty much all. If I left out anything, please say so... gtg
Ignore everything scum say once they are caught.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Haylen »

Sorry, had an awful day involving a serious asthma attack (which we didn't know I have), a several doctors visits and getting used to using inhalers. Trust me, I would have much rather had been posting here. Will do so properly tomorrow.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Doros »

Take all the time you need Haylen. We will be here when you come back. :(
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Unvote, Vote: Doros

For his/her last 3 posts.

(P.s. are you a guy or girl?)
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Vittorio Salamdien »

Hi all.

A bit of explanation and bio:

I'm sorry it required a mod-prod to get me started. Last week, when the thread opened (but kept locked), I was constantly checking in, but nothing was happening. Then I was away for the weekend. Then out for dinner Monday evening and only saw the prod morning. (via email, so don't worry, even when I'm not logged in on site, the mod's prod still gets to me. But I will subscribe to the thread also and be more active from here on in. Typically, I would be up for hours before the US wakes up. (I know Bump is from UK, but I assume most players are US time zone?)

I am in Cape Town, SA, and so I am active generally hours before you. During the week, I am generally online for hours and we may encounter each other online together for a few hours. On weekends I am generally away from my machine and will be inactive. But anyway, nice to meet you all and here's to more activity.

I am a newbie on this forum, although I have played (and died early) in 3 games somewhere else. I'm playing here because on the other (local) forum, it's only a small group of players and so we are all used to each others' play. So I'd like to play with completely unknown players.

I find the game addictive, but am not sure whether I am good at it, so another reason to try playing here. But, as I am addicted to mafia, you don't have to worry about me being inactive from here on.

For reasons of clarity, I'll cast my vote in a separate post...
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:56 pm

8 pages was a lot to read so early on, and gapoc smells the funniest out of all. In several of his posts there may be tells, but the main reasons for my suspicion of him are his erratic behaviour, his hyper-activity and his several references to his age. I in fact doubt that he is only 12 years old. Perhaps he is overly precocious, but his discourse (language) strikes me as above the average 12 year old's language.

Vote: Gapoc
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Doros

For his/her last 3 posts.

(P.s. are you a guy or girl?)
There is nothing wrong with my last 3 posts. Didn't you read what Haylen said? She said she had a "serious asthma attack." This is real life not a game! In my other two posts, I was expressing my honest opinion. Duh, why do you want to know if I'm a boy or girl since we are just playing a mafia game? Unless, you are starting to get a crush on me.
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:38 pm

Doros wrote:Take all the time you need Haylen.
We will be here when you come back.
:(
You seem very certain about your own survival, Doros. I wonder now how inclusive that "we" is - does it include all players, or just an inner circle of scum?
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Haylen wrote:
Can you all answer these please!

1. Is there any time coming up where we can expect you to not be very active?
2. Have you familiarized yourself with Mafia Discussion and the Wiki?
3. Have you read at least one completed game on site?
4. What is your experience level? How many games have you played? Are there any complete newbies in the house? Does everyone know how the game in general works.
To answer Haylen's questions:

1. As said earlier, generally inactive over weekends; sometimes inactive in the evenings (GMT +2) because I have a social life as well.
2. I consult the wiki occasionally on various matters.
3. Skimmed a completed game here. Played 3 games on another forum (lynched/killed early, but followed the games to end.)
4. See above and introductory post in thread.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:11 am

Post by MrBump »

gapoc459 wrote:Okay, let's begin... As you know, I'm 12, and American (for you English, I bet that's an automatic reason to lynch me...)
Is that not kinda ever so slightly completely STUPID?
gapoc459 wrote:@MrBump: I did not use "I'm 12" as an excuse. I said that my "maturity and age" (quoting DP) affected the way I originally thought of mafia. I've already said that I now perfectly understand the activity level, and that adults don't have nearly as much time as I do... Also, like DP, please tell me where and when I used AtE (unless you mean the emoticon at the end of my last post!). I look to the SE's as town leaders, because they are SE's! I do not take it for granted, but (how many times are you going to make the same arguments against me?!?), but for the FRICKIN' THIRD TIME, THEY LEAVE LESS SUSPICION THAN PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND I!!!!! Feel free to call that AtE!
Ooooohhhh, where to start!
You look to the SEs as town leaders as they are SEs, yet you voted (voting? I forgot to do my document, I'll check soon) the IC, which is the MOST experienced, right?
What you basically said was "Because the SEs have played more games, they are automatically better than all of us and therefore should lead us to victory." I'm not saying the SEs are bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a NEWBIE game, not a Sheep the SE game. I'm beginning to think you're scum with an SE, more likely David as you would be unwilling to bus Stefunny so quickly into the game. If you do flip Maf I suggest we look at David's play. Or you could be buddying up to them, sheeping their logic later and passing through undetected.

Doros's play strikes me as laid-back, but you really need to get in the game. No one has a fucking crush on you, don't be ridiculous. It's so we know for calling you "He" or "She". >_>

Before anyone says it, yes this line is an AtE. I am REALLY annoyed today so I will not be super happy friendly Bump. I will be demonic, rip your soul out and eat it for breakfast Bump. Just so you know.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:46 am

Post by DavidParker »

Confirm Vote: Doros

For its last 4 posts.

(I'm just going to call you it from now on then)

P.s. this is sarcastic/asshole David.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Doros »

Vittorio Salamdien wrote:
Doros wrote:Take all the time you need Haylen.
We will be here when you come back.
:(
You seem very certain about your own survival, Doros. I wonder now how inclusive that "we" is - does it include all players, or just an inner circle of scum?
Don't be silly Vittorio Salamdien! Of course, "we" means all the players. Of course, we all will be here to welcome Haylen back. Anyways, having said that welcome to the game! :)
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:42 am

Post by DavidParker »

Doros, the way this game works is we catch scum. This isn't E-Harmony; you aren't here to meet people, make friends, or possible partners. You seem to be only interested in pleasantries and chit-chat and it's annoying and down right scummy at times.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Doros »

MrBump wrote: Doros's play strikes me as laid-back, but you really need to get in the game. No one has a fucking crush on you, don't be ridiculous. It's so we know for calling you "He" or "She". >_>
Okay thanks for the advice MrBump.

DavidParker wrote:
Confirm Vote: Doros

For its last 4 posts.

(I'm just going to call you it from now on then)

P.s. this is sarcastic/asshole David.

Thanks for letting us know who you are DavidParker. So you are going to keep following me around now, huh? I was surprised you didn't noticed the post about Haylen being sick. We might need a new IC if she needs more time to recover.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:Doros, the way this game works is we catch scum. This isn't E-Harmony; you aren't here to meet people, make friends, or possible partners. You seem to be only interested in pleasantries and chit-chat and it's annoying and down right scummy at times.
I'm sorry it bothers you DavidParker.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:45 am

Post by MrBump »

I didn't miss Hayden's post, I do feel sorry for her. I have Asthma, it's not very pleasant. But I agree with David, you need to play the game a bit more seriously. My vote rests on Gapoc, however.

Also, are you a he/she? ._.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:26 am

Post by DavidParker »

Doros wrote:
Thanks for letting us know who you are DavidParker. So you are going to keep following me around now, huh? I was surprised you didn't noticed the post about Haylen being sick. We might need a new IC if she needs more time to recover.
Ugh. What? I didn't notice it???? Says who? It wasn't worth commenting on. Oh you want me to post some sympathetic thoughts in her direction? As I said, we are here to play a game of mafia, not chit-chat away. You are on the wrong side if that's what you intended to do. Haylen as merely posting a reason for her absence (in a way that makes it somewhat more believable), I read it and that was that. Stop worrying about the state of our IC and actually work on catching scum.

re-re-re-reconfirm Vote: Doros

For however many more bad posts you've made.
SxyBeast
SxyBeast
Townie
SxyBeast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:26 am

Post by SxyBeast »

David I agree, but at the moment I feel that gapoc is scummier and that maybe Doros just needs to learn so I'm giving "it" the benefit of the doubt. I will be keeping my eye on how Doros is acting in case I make it to later Days or "it" does something that makes me feel they r scummire than gapoc
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:57 am

Post by DavidParker »

You guys are all so scummy that this game is becoming awfully difficult..

Vittorio is town. Rest of you are scummy as hell.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:09 am

Post by MrBump »

Vittorio has posted two posts.

How in the name of hell...?

Also, I'm town. 'Sup.

People need to sign on. Do we need any replacements atm, btw?
SxyBeast
SxyBeast
Townie
SxyBeast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:14 am

Post by SxyBeast »

I think everyone has posted and unless someone becomes unavailable to play then i don't think we need replacements.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:16 am

Post by DavidParker »

Dear Vinoth, do you plan on posting again, or does the 2-3 month game scare you?

@Bump: I'm leaning that way, but we'll see.
gapoc459
gapoc459
Townie
gapoc459
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by gapoc459 »

Hey everybody! Okay, let's begin.

@Haylen: I hope you recover quickly.

@Doros: It's that simple! DavidParker had a simple and effective reason. Of course you should feel bad for her; I do too. Please don't ever assume that "we will be here when you get back." However, I don't quite see how your posts are really scummy, so I'm not going to vote. Besides, I have other suspicions...

@Vittorio Salamdien: Well, you obviously know what you are doing. I shall take your latter post as a compliment. Perhaps I am "overly precocious," but I think it's more that I go to a really, REALLY good school in New York. We are currently taking a high-school level writing course, so that might explain it. Looking back, though, I kind of see how scummy my previous posts were, so I completely understand your suspicions. By the way, where am I? L-3, L-2? A votecount would be really helpful now... Also, I'm gonna start calling you VS, if that's okay. So much shorter...

@MrBump: Please calm down. I took out all my anger and impatience out in my last post, so I'm calm by now... However, I still think that I'm going to be repeating myself again... I voted the IC before she really posted much. I HAVE ALREADY EXPLAINED that
only now
do I understand the activity rate here. The SE's, especially DavidParker, have shown logic, and, as I HAVE ALREADY EXPLAINED, have shown less suspicion than you or I. I don't quite understand what you are trying to prove by saying that I am "sheeping the SE's." :? The whole point of SE's and an IC are to help the newbies out. Every one of David Parker's posts makes sense; other than me, please give me ONE thing that is possibly scummy in his play... Your accusations make barely any sense, almost none, so I shall
FoS: MrBump
for now. Tomorrow it will probably be a vote...

@Doros: VS may be silly, but it's definitely better to be paranoid than to trust everyone, like I do (except MrBump!). And please, Doros, don't be offended by DP's posts. This
is
mafia, as I've learned the hard way...

@Vinoth: I cannot say anything about inactivity anymore, but still... Try your best to post more, please.

Also, who was it that said that I post too much? VS? MrBump? Yeah, I HAVE ALREADY EXPLAINED that I was (and still am) TOTALLY FRICKIN' EXCITED about this game...

MrBump, I'm very likely to vote you tomorrow. Does anyone/everyone agree?
gapoc459
gapoc459
Townie
gapoc459
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by gapoc459 »

Oh, I forgot. MrBump, if you were asking me whether I'm male or female, then please take a look UNDER the Slovakian flag, and you will find out...
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Haylen »

baaaaaaack! Weee! Btw, no need to replace me, IC's and newbie mods don't get sick, we get temporarily incapacitated. Btw, I'm 20, since we're discussing ages but I neither look nor act it. MrBump, please don't call me Hayden, it's Haylen ._. Hayden's a boys name.

I need to re-read this thing.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”