Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Wraith »

I
highly
doubt the mod will confirm that. Chesskid refers to Innocent Child correctly. If the mod was going to confirm me like that anyways then I would be an Innocent Child, not a Friendly Neighbor.

I really don't know why you're still pushing this issue, Nero. I've given you a chance to prove yourself without my CB kicking in and it's not looking that great through my eyes ATM.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

o.O Why would you even bother to ask that Nero?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by smargaret »

I agree with Nero - chess posting that he'd vig the closest thing we have to a confirmed town player is scummy. Even if someone is playing anti-town, we can't lynch them if we know they're not scum.

Umbrage: Say it's 24 hours to deadline, there's no wagon momentum on AV and there is on Doom. Would you still refuse to vote Doom over AV?

Shadow and Chess - how do you feel about each other now? Why did you stop pushing for the other's lynch? Shadow, why aren't you scumhunting today?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

OH HO HO HO HO HILARIOUS SMARGARETSCUM
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

SO SCUMMY OF ME TO YOU KNOW MAKE A POINT
STOP ACTING LIKE I SHOT HIM RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

He's town
gut+read the thread+READ THE THREAD+TOWNTELLS ABOUND + PoE
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

smargaret - I see mostly the same issues we saw day 1. I'm reading a long, but it's a lot of people bitching and bickering. I also feel like I'm in such a precarious stance after yesterday, that the second I piss someone off, there's gonna be a no brakes wagon rolling for my head, so I'm picking and choosing my battles here. I do believe Scumbrage is playing bad, and I'm not sure what to make of the doombunny case by AV. AV is playing well and aggressive, with enough of a one track focus that he doesn't seem too scummy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was kinda thing. I feel better about CK (especially after his last post) because he's starting to make more and more sense, with less and less of cruise control random posts (I'm not saying their gone and he's reformed all dahli llama, but he's looking better as we go).

My big contribution is so far is that I pointed out, and would like to point out again that no one has really taken a good look at the IS lynch. I wanted to see if anyone would take that and run with it, or go back and say "Hey yeah, this fits in with such and such", etc. So;

Internet Stranger (7) - Shadow1psc,
Wraith
, smargaret, Nero Cain, Doombunny9, Umbrage,
Jedo the Jedi

I bolded those whom we more or less are believing to be town (Jedo obv confirmed). If I believe myself confirmed, and Smargaret I don't have any convictions towards you, that leaves Nero, Doom and Umbrage. I would believe that one, possibly two scum are on this mislynch. I find it really hard to believe all three would have been on this. so, with 7 people on IS, one confirmed town, myself town, and 4 people off (1 confirmed town), i'd think it easy for a 3 possible scum to have scattered easily. I believe Bristep (Nexus slot) and AV would be those two. Bristep has the benefit of the doubt coming into a game that took of as it did, but AV kinda steered clear the whole time. Now, with AV having fingered both Doom and Umbrage, that makes me feel uneasy about Nero.

That's my analysis fwiw. My scumdar read Umbrage (as most outwardly scummy) > Nero > AV > Doom > Bristep really. CK, Wraith and Smargaret pinging null or town.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

chesskid3 wrote:Friendly Neighbor is different from innocent child, hence he can't confirm/deny that.

Meh
Bristep is losing his/her townread quickly, but I have higher suspects :/
Being the post I was referring to. Of course I get ninja'd by a classic CK double post.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Shadow1psc wrote:My big contribution is so far is that I pointed out, and would like to point out again that no one has really taken a good look at the IS lynch. I wanted to see if anyone would take that and run with it, or go back and say "Hey yeah, this fits in with such and such", etc. So;
Funny that I'm scummy for steering clear of IS' lynch, when the reason I steered clear of it was because I
had
taken a good look at the IS lynch (/wagon) and determined that it fits in with a Doom-Umbrage-(Shadow?) scumteam - the very thing you were hoping people would have done. There's a serious hole in your logic somewhere.

@Nero I don't see why Prana would, but @everyone else it's not like the question has a downside, is it?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Shadow1psc wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:Friendly Neighbor is different from innocent child, hence he can't confirm/deny that.

Meh
Bristep is losing his/her townread quickly, but I have higher suspects :/
Being the post I was referring to. Of course I get ninja'd by a classic CK double post.
<3
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

AurorusVox wrote:
Shadow1psc wrote:My big contribution is so far is that I pointed out, and would like to point out again that no one has really taken a good look at the IS lynch. I wanted to see if anyone would take that and run with it, or go back and say "Hey yeah, this fits in with such and such", etc. So;
Funny that I'm scummy for steering clear of IS' lynch, when the reason I steered clear of it was because I
had
taken a good look at the IS lynch (/wagon) and determined that it fits in with a Doom-Umbrage-(Shadow?) scumteam - the very thing you were hoping people would have done. There's a serious hole in your logic somewhere.

@Nero I don't see why Prana would, but @everyone else it's not like the question has a downside, is it?
I didn't say that was the sole reason. If anything you to me is just more of a gut thing, coupled with the fact that it's just stupid to think the entire scum team was on it, so someone off it was likely someone well off it. It could be as much Bristep/Nexus as you.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

Also, steering clear referring to not being on the wagon. Not, people steering clear of analyzing the lynch. Anyone can take the list and look at it and make it fit with their theories, it just remains to be seen if you were using it for good or evil.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

With great power, comes great responsibility?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Chess' idea of scumhunting: "Hey gusy! Read the thread! Let me try to look like I have reasons without actually providing any! Yaaaaaaay!"

Ugh... You know what? I'm done with playing "Try to get the VI/SI to contribute". I'm fighting a lost cause here and I'm not going to get anywhere any time soon. It looks like I'm going to have to go back to ignoring him for the most part. *sigh*
shadow wrote:I also feel like I'm in such a precarious stance after yesterday, that the second I piss someone off, there's gonna be a no brakes wagon rolling for my head, so I'm picking and choosing my battles here.
While I agree that a townie should take care not to get lynched, it should be more important to them to catch scum. A townie shouldn't be more concerned with their own image more than they are about catching scum.
AV wrote:Funny that I'm scummy for steering clear of IS' lynch, when the reason I steered clear of it was because I had taken a good look at the IS lynch (/wagon) and determined that it fits in with a Doom-Umbrage-(Shadow?) scumteam - the very thing you were hoping people would have done. There's a serious hole in your logic somewhere.
Hold on a second... There's a contradiction here. You first started pointing me out as scummy when you made the voting analysis... Which was well after the wagon formed. You're now saying you avoided the IS wagon because Umbrage and I were on it but I wasn't even one of your scumpicks when it was forming. Explain.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

First off, I know steering clear meant staying off the wagon. I stayed off the wagon because I'd analysed it. You said you were disappointed no one had analysed it and then criticised me for an action that was the result of me analysing the wagon.

As to your point that all three scum wouldn't be on the wagon:

-Umbrage was wriggling, trying to stay off it, and when he did vote, he made it clear that he didn't support the lynch, so that paints him as the "good guy" for making sure a lynch occurred even though it was on a townie. If he could have avoided it I'm sure he would have. But there was pressure for him to follow through his promises.

-I've been teetering on whether one of you or Doom are town, so it might not have been gung-ho scumteam gogo.

-That said, it's just as stupid to just assume scum didn't need all their votes on, as it is to assume they didn't - of the five people not voting IS, three had rejected the wagon (me, Chess, Snake), and IS obviously wasn't going to self-hammer. I'll have to go back but I think Britstep said he'd hammer whoever, despite thinking IS was town (is that right?).

-With this in mind, from my point of the scumteam being Um-Doom-Shadow; you had to stay on IS from earlier; with only Britstep as the additional person willing to vote for the lynch, at least
one
of Doom and Umbrage had to get on the wagon; perhaps Doom got on when he did and then had to stay there because at the time it wasn't certain you had the full support from townies to achieve it without the full scumteam; and sure, Umbrage
could
have stayed off and risked Britstep getting on board, but was under pressure to put a vote on as deadline drew nearer due to his earlier promises.

-In the end, it's not stupid when the way the game panned out, it could have been necessary or seemed necessary for all three scum to be on the wagon. Precluding that possibility makes it look like you're trying to get some town cred for a buddy if two of you flip scum that were on that wagon, hoping we'll all think "oh, no, they won't ALL have been on there."

Now, just so there's no misunderstanding. I'm not saying I 100% believe that there is an Um-Doom-Shadow scumteam. I was pretty convinced yesterday, and I'm still suspicious of you in that particular order. The weak-doc death and Doom's play today has shaken me up a bit, I admit, BUT, I refuse to rule the possibility out just because you all voted the same person, who happened to have been on your case all game.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Doombunny9 wrote:Hold on a second... There's a contradiction here. You first started pointing me out as scummy when you made the voting analysis... Which was well after the wagon formed. You're now saying you avoided the IS wagon because Umbrage and I were on it but I wasn't even one of your scumpicks when it was forming. Explain.
I wanted Umbrage or Shadow lynched yesterday, which was the reason for me not looking at IS for most of the day. But when it drew closer to deadline, I did my voting analysis to see if the IS wagon had merit and deserved my vote. When I had done so, I made sure to "steer clear" of the wagon AND tried to convince people to not follow it through. I had limited success.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

i'm telling you
weak doc was on smargaret
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Wraith »

Tomorrow we'll see:
chesskid wrote: i'm telling you
weak doc was on [insert name of person attacking me here]
So, townies, take my advice and
completely ignore anything chesskid says.
It serves my sanity well.

Unvote Vote Umbrage

Gut feeling. Oddly enough, my gut has recently had a much better track record than "analyze shit."
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Gut is always the best. How about post game if he was on smargaret
you apologize and agree to sheep me everytime we play again?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Umbrage »

@ smargaret: If the choice is Doom lynch or no lynch, I would go with Doom lynch.

Does anyone want me to respond to Nero Cain? I thought it wasn't really worth responding to, but if you feel otherwise, I'll point out why it's stupid.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

smargaret wrote:I agree with Nero - chess posting that he'd vig the closest thing we have to a confirmed town player is scummy.
Not what I was saying. Dear God Chess might be right about you.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Sheep chesskid to victory
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Umbrage wrote: Does anyone want me to respond to Nero Cain? I thought it wasn't really worth responding to, but if you feel otherwise, I'll point out why it's stupid.
This is fucking stupid. If you felt like it wasn't worth responding then don't. This reads as a player scared about thier alignment in the eyes of the town and only the scum care.

Chess you still have a town read on UM? Which is scummier Bris or Um?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

bris is scummier but I still think both are bad lynches at this point. Um is a legit really frustrated townread, while bris was a really solid townread that went to hell after she started pushing nothing but easy lynches.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Umbrage wrote:Does anyone want me to respond to Nero Cain? I thought it wasn't really worth responding to, but if you feel otherwise, I'll point out why it's stupid.
Of course you should. If you have a new idea about him, you should share it with everyone.

At this point Nero is still ignoring my question despite having asked it twice. At this point he must be either:

a)ignoring me (Its especially bad since he's the one, you know, voting me)
b)has no answer to the question (Which is EXTREMELY scummy)
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Umbrage »

Nero Cain wrote:
Umbrage wrote: They were right next to each other in the ISO. I suppose should've specified that.
I fail to see how having back to back quotes in ISO is scummy.

It shows how quickly your opinions changed.

I'm one of the most active players in the game, and one of the few who hasn't been tunneling on one or two players the whole game.
This is more than laughable. Just b/c a player is active doesn't make them pro-town + not scummy. Same with tunneling. Tunneling as a scum tell WTF!!! If you believed this then why were so hesitant to join the IS wagon. He was tunneling on Shadow like crazy.

You're acting like I said tunneling was always a scum tell. It's not. There are no guaranteed scum tells. Tunneling is usually anti-town. My read on IS was that of an anti-town player, certainly, but not scum.

I never said that meant AV is scum. Read again.
Umbrage wrote: Honestly, I think AV is more likely to be scum than IS.
but then.....
I'm not saying AV is scum, just that if you think IS scummy, you have to think AV scummy.
Is it a chain or wooden fence?

Way to misrepresent! Of course I think AV is scum. The first quote is from my ISO #130 explaining why your argument was false: I never said AV was scummy because he said the same thing as IS. The last two quotes are from the last day, and were directed toward the town. They were a last ditch attempt to stop the IS bandwagon by pointing out that AV did everything IS did and more.

I asked you if you wanted me to vote IS. You said yes. Now you're trying to go all "HAHA ITS A SCUM TRAP LULZ"?
You SHOULD have voted on your own. You just got done telling me that tunneling is a scum tell so how was he NOT tunelling on Shadow? Hypocrissy thy name is Umbrage.

Please. I should NOT have voted on my own, because I never wanted that stupid fucking lynch to happen in the first place! I only voted when the town needed my vote for a majority and avoid a no lynch.

"VOTE IS"

"OK"

"TOO SLOW DIE SCUM"

^ your argument

True, misrep is scummy. But you're calling people who you feel have misrepresented only yourself. And almost all your reads are based on misrep.
No they aren't. I mean obviously thats how you, Doom and Bris are trying to paint me but...my original read on Wraith + IS was....

Wraith: Hai guys I've gotten up to page 16.
Nero:Yeah I need to catch up.
IS: Wraith has read the WHOLE thread so why can't you, Nero
Wraith: I've now read the whole thread.
Nero:So how does IS know wraith was done reading before b4 he announced it in the thread?
Jedo:ZOMG!!! Thats not a scum tell.

After that IS continued to misrep me. So logically it looked like those three were good potential suspects.

Yes... if you're only reading what people say to you, and aren't really focused on scumhunting.

Except there's usually some new information, like a flip, that makes us change reads. You don't give solid reasoning for altering your reads.
I'm 100% sure that both IS and Jedo flipped town and Wraith is unfortunately "confirmed".

Bris' case on me is weak.
Doom is chainsawing you.
And you're just a hypocrite.

Say it all you want, scum, it ain't gonna come true.

I said "yet". Tomorrow night we'll know. Until then, we don't. Simple.
Your logic can't be this bad.

"I don't think scum would kill a person they've thought was scum. Therefore I think the SK killed him."

"But we won't be ab;e to confirm th SK until tonight."

"Doesn't really matter, I'm going to
pretend
there's an SK so I can make the case fit."

And you know there isn't an SK? How is that?

And of course Jedo
I assume this is a typo
could've framed you, but that could just be you using WIFOM. I don't know. That's my point.
So...Nero killing or not killing Jedo last night is WIFOM and deserves a vote.

Bristep potentially framing Nero is WIFOM and DOESN'T derserve a vote.

Nightkill speculation is always WIFOM. The difference between you and bristep is that I find you scummy IN THE ACTUAL THREAD. Right now you're clinging to the excuse of "why would I kill Jedo?" and it makes me think that maybe you did kill Jedo, just to use that excuse today. You see? WIFOM.
I'm more sure of my vote than ever. NC is hopping on the closest bandwagon (me) to avoid a lynch. It's clear he hasn't been reading the thread very carefully.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”