Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

quadz08 wrote:
NC 1645 wrote:I support the Quadz, Wrath and to an extent the TMH wagons
NC 1646 wrote:I see absolutely no pro-towness in TMH
Ummmmmmmwhat? You only support his wagon to an extent, but you see no pro-townness in him at all?
He has the daykill which I think could still be useful. There was some conversation about how the virus might not come back which I don't get. We did everything the same way so why would it no come back? So I much rather lynch Quadz scum or WC scum and not kill off a power.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:54 am

Post by quadz08 »

Thanks, DGB.

Nero, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Nero Cain wrote:
quadz08 wrote:
NC 1645 wrote:I support the Quadz, Wrath and to an extent the TMH wagons
NC 1646 wrote:I see absolutely no pro-towness in TMH
Ummmmmmmwhat? You only support his wagon to an extent, but you see no pro-townness in him at all?
He has the daykill which I think could still be useful. There was some conversation about how the virus might not come back which I don't get. We did everything the same way so why would it no come back? So I much rather lynch Quadz scum or WC scum and not kill off a power.
You still have not reitterated your case on me. From what I could tell you're voting me on a misunderstanding.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

#1 I'm not voting you #2 I like to make scum sweat so I'll get to you eventully.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Nero Cain wrote:#1 I'm not voting you #2 I like to make scum sweat so I'll get to you eventully.
Forgive my miswording. Not voting me, but mudslinging me. Sorry.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 2x9 ::

LynchMePls (0) -

RedCoyote (1) -
implosion

themanhimself (2) -
RedCoyote, WrathChild

DrippingGoofball (0) -

WrathChild (2) -
LynchMePls, themanhimself

curiouskarmadog (1) -
StrangerCoug

quadz08 (5) -
Saint, Nero Cain, popsofctown, diddin, nhammen

Nero Cain (1) -
quadz08

q21 (1) -
I Am Innocent

diddin (0) -

popsofctown (0) -

Bunnylover (0) -

I Am Innocent (0) -

StrangerCoug (0) -

Implosion (0) -

nhammen (0) -

Saint (1) -
q21

Not Voting (3) -
curiouskarmadog, DrippingGoofball, Bunnylover

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by implosion »

I will be
V/LA Thursday-Sunday
for a debate trip, by the way. Not sure about quadz wagon, but I'm unlikely to have time to examine it thoroughly (busy week).
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

RedCoyote wrote:Why does everyone love ckd as town so much? Can we talk about that?
I sure as heck don't like him as town.
RedCoyote wrote:
Everyone who picked Parama (
the entire scumteam
almost the entire scumteam, and the group we are definitely lynching from today, no questions asked)

• Bunny
  • theman
  • WC
  • ckd
  • quadz
  • SC
quadz and SC were the weird ones in that group, btw. quadz, as far as I know, wasn't interested in Parama being shot until Darla flipped. quadz, is this true? SC, you threw Parama in at the end of your post, but the people you wanted shot before Parama (theman and Saint) were fairly unreasonable. Saint may have been shot, but I think you knew it was really between Parama, Bunny, and WC. Did you not?
I wasn't feeling well, as you know, and I was trying to remember who was scummy. Bunnylover I had commented about possibly being scummy for his slip, and I believe WrathChild had been tossed around. If you think "being unreasonable" is not scummy, then please present why.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Saint »

I don't really have the mindset ATM to do a full post, but after skimming:

*quadz - When did "old stuff" mean "irrelevant"? And more to the point, have you even DONE anything relevant enough to change these reads?

*IAI - Why not vote quadz? Regardless of what you think of tmh's alignment, wouldn't you rather lynch someone who has been scummy on his own than based on tenuous connections?
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Saint wrote:
*IAI - Why not vote quadz? Regardless of what you think of tmh's alignment, wouldn't you rather lynch someone who has been scummy on his own than based on tenuous connections?
That was what I was doing with my vote on Bunnylover. But that wagon emptied except for me. :neutral:

Everyone outside of you and Pops seems to think TMH is scum. There has to be a fair amount of town in that group that believe that way. It got me to thinking, if we are right, and I am fairly confident that we are, who could be his partners? Who does not seem to be on his scumteam? Well I told the group who I thought is or might be on his scumteam. I do not think Diddin, WC, nor your slot is (and know that I am not) based on the conversations TMH put forward. Everyone else is still up in the air.

With that said, I would like to see a q21 wagon get going. If that does not, at least I got this concern on record for when TMH does flip.

PS - Quadz I have been going back and forth on today. Based on the TMH connections (doubting WC is his teammate), I would actually push for quadz over WC at the deadline now. (Hint to Quadz, hop on the q21 bandwagon.)

PPS - "We're going to need" that tomorrow. Not Town is going to need it, we are. Message sent....and now read loud and clear by this poster.

And Diddin can die tomorrow. IOW, lay off Diddin for now, I need his dayvig and then we can attack his "easy target" slot tomorrow.

I'm sure about this one. Two scum. Bank on it.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Saint »

I think you missed what I was saying there.

Rather than gamble on TMH's alignment AND associative tells - which tbqh I've never put a lot of stock in - why not go with someone who is independently scummy? It seems like a more sure bet.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by diddin »

q21 does seem like a good tmh partner, yes, yes.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Saint »

I FEEL LIKE IAI IS MAKING ASSOCIATIVE TELLS WITH QUADZ, REVERSING IT MAKES SENSE - SEE IF Q21 JUMPS TO VIA QUARANTINE, ALSO REDCOYOTE MIGHT BUS IF HE IS SCUM. I'M ON MY PHONE. SORRY, ABOUT THE CAPS AND QUARANTINE SHOULD READ REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY ...:.................. I disagree about assossiative tells.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Saint wrote:

Rather than gamble on TMH's alignment AND associative tells - which tbqh I've never put a lot of stock in - why not go with someone who is independently scummy? It seems like a more sure bet.
I hear you, and the honest truth is that TMH is the only person I feel is a sure bet. After that I I'd probably rank Pops, who I seem to be in a boat by myself.

After that I got a list of about 7 players I have gone back and forth on. None of whom I feel is a sure bet.

So I got two choices. Like you said, I could take a player in that group like WC or quadz (who have both independently at times looked scummy to me) that has some votes and hop on. Something just doesn't feel right about that to me. So I am choosing option #2, pick someone (q21) that I think is a teammate of the person I feel is a sure bet (TMH), and who also happens to be in a group of 7 players. That feels right to me. If it doesn't pick up steam, I will not let a no lynch happen, but as of right now, that is my best guess for scum that is not in the off limits category for D2.

That's my logic. Hopefully that answers your question.

Question back at you, are you having trouble looking at my analysis on q21 seriously because of your belief that TMH is innocent?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You can't be sure TMH is mafia unless you are mafia.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by diddin »

popsofctown wrote:You can't be sure TMH is mafia unless you are mafia.
Don't be thick, you know what he means.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

you shouldnt ever be over 50% sure of a mafia read, ever
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Saint wrote:*quadz - When did "old stuff" mean "irrelevant"? And more to the point, have you even DONE anything relevant enough to change these reads?
It doesn't mean irrelevant. It means incomplete. As for your second question, I don't think I've been scummy at all; I haven't changed my playstyle (consciously, at least) for the entire course of the game, so I'm not sure why the stuff I'm doing now is getting me scumpoints, when the same playstyle read as town earlier.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Post by q21 »

So. IAI, I've debunked one entirely associative case on me (which was first mentioned by you) so you're bringing another?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm tired of fighting for this. I'm getting my name dragged in the mud because I want to lynch obvious scum here. You want my opinion? You've really got your head in the clouds if you think you can plan the entire rest of the game and control the abilities. Newsflash, the scum have more information than we do. We may know some of the abilities individually, but they know about more of them and who has them. So, whatever, quadz is a reasonable choice.

I think the scum must've known Parama had the Doctor ability, because that shot was completely uncalled for and no one here wants to defend it after the fact except for Vi. That speaks volumes to me. It tells me that scum majorly influenced that shot and are trying to skirt the issue entirely. Let's check out why I think quadz/SC were the weirdest ones on that Parama vigvote wagon.

quadz 1010 wrote:List of people who should die: Nero Cain, Bunnylover, TMH, diddin, probably Saint
He doesn't mention Parama at all in that post (although, to be fair, he was never very fond of Parama during D2). But check out what happened after Darla was killed and theman asked everyone who they wanted him to shoot:
quadz 1361 wrote:TMH: shoot diddin, Parama, Nero, or Saint. Those are my votes.
Coincidence or deliberate?

That was quadz, but I'd also like to bring up SC.
SC 1134 wrote:I agree with this. Bunnylover and DBE are high on my scumlist, I feel Diddin is town, and I already said Saint's a suboptimal bomb target. WC I need a double-check on, but if memory serves me correctly there's a good case on him too. TMH is a good person to get the bomb as well.
Bunny, Darla, Saint, WC, and theman are all potentially good kills according to SC in this post. He repeats himself in post 1261, although he neglects to touch on Saint and WC and opts instead to weakly attack me. Here's the smoking gun though:
SC 1369 wrote:I'm in favor of vigging themanhimself, Saint, and to some extent Parama. TMH and Saint I've already explained why I think of scummy; Parama has made it clear he refuses to contribute.
Now Darla is dead at this point, but what happened to Bunny? What happened to WC from earlier? What about me? Where did Parama come from all of a sudden? Yes, SC was feeling under the weather, but that still doesn't explain why Parama came from out of nowhere.

Bottom line, neither of these players I think are being honest about Parama. It feels completely awkward when I look over their post histories in how they went from one group of people they wanted to be shot to a different one. That doesn't mean that the rest of the players who wanted Parama dead were squeaky clean, but just that these two looked really weird about it.

That all said, theman is still the best lynch for today. If theman isn't scum, I'd be extremely surprised. Additionally, if he isn't scum, then all the analysis I just did about the Parama shot loses a lot of its creditability. I feel like a town-aligned role would've done better than to shoot Parama as quickly as he did without investigating as to why Parama was taking so much heat (this despite the fact that very few people suggested that he be Virus'd or lynched earlier in the day). Think about it. Parama never broke 3 votes in any of the vote counts in a 25-player game. I find it very hard to believe that there was some silent majority that secretly felt like Parama was the most likely to be scum the entire day. If I'm wrong, call me out. Stand up and defend theman's shot.

I'm a reasonable guy; I'll support the quadz wagon with this evidence. I just implore you to take one more good, hard look at the rationale behind lynching theman today.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:47 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:You can't be sure TMH is mafia unless you are mafia.
Nice try scum. Read Newbie 1033 for fun sometime...

Newbie 1033, Post from me D1:
I Am Innocent wrote:...
Truth be told, I am as certain that veridis is scum
as I have been about any I played with outside of games where I was a cop or a cop investigation was made by another player...
Final roles:
Nobody Special wrote:Alive: (5/9)

Hold My Life*

Eternal_Phantom

earlyworm

I Am Innocent
(SE)
Nachomamma8
(IC)

Dead: (4/9)

Charlie, Vanilla Townie,
lynched Day One
Timmer, Vanilla townie,
shot night One
veridis, Mafia Goon,
lynched Day Two
Runner
Kanashimi Sean Regan
, Mafia Goon,
lynched Day Three
[/b][/spoiler]
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:51 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:you shouldnt ever be over 50% sure of a mafia read, ever
Never???
Not even in LyLo, 2 Townie vs 1 Scum. You know you are town. 2 other players..... 1 has to be mafia....I guess at this point one should only be exactly 50% sure with both reads. :roll:

Never say never scum. What's wrong, am I getting too close for comfort on the q21/TMH connection? You seem to be trying hard to discredit me, I am glad this is all on record.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:52 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

q21 wrote:So. IAI, I've debunked one entirely associative case on me (which was first mentioned by you) so you're bringing another?
Is this your defense?

How about starting with who do you think TMH's scum partners are, assuming he is scum of course?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:40 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

getting slammed at work....hoping to update all games by Sunday. (posted in all games)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:36 am

Post by Saint »

I Am Innocent wrote:
Saint wrote:

I hear you, and the honest truth is that TMH is the only person I feel is a sure bet.
(...)
Question back at you, are you having trouble looking at my analysis on q21 seriously because of your belief that TMH is innocent?
No, I'm having trouble looking at your analysis on q21 because you're basing it on something that may not be true and you're refusing to consider that you could be wrong. Now you tell me which alignment is more likely to hold onto a case and try for a certain lynch without considering the possibility that they're wrong.

IAI wrote:How about starting with who do you think TMH's scum partners are,
assuming he is scum of course
?
Just--like--that. So I know you're doing it intentionally.

I see your meta instance and don't care. There you were saying you're incredisure someone is scum; here you're saying it's so much of a bygone conclusion you're willing to support other arguments on it.

pops is saying stupid things so I feel no need to step in there.

RedCoyote wrote:I think the scum must've known Parama had the Doctor ability, because that shot was completely uncalled for and no one here wants to defend it after the fact except for Vi. That speaks volumes to me. It tells me that scum majorly influenced that shot and are trying to skirt the issue entirely.
It was actually kind of obvious that Parama had the Doctor ability...
Also, "completely uncalled for"?

quadz wrote:It doesn't mean irrelevant. It means incomplete. As for your second question, I don't think I've been scummy at all; I haven't changed my playstyle (consciously, at least) for the entire course of the game, so I'm not sure why the stuff I'm doing now is getting me scumpoints, when the same playstyle read as town earlier.
I'm only missing ten pages and I have no reason to believe you were an angel during that time.

You keep harping on the Town read I got from the first ten pages and maybe your first three posts or so as some kind of giant contradicting evidence. If this is your best idea of a defense, I don't need to hear anything more from you.

quadz is the lynch for Today.
That means IAI needs to stop trying to worm out of not saying anything about him and put that vote down.

I missed a few posts last night, brb...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”