AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by AntB »

Due to deadline I will be happy to vote either Nacho or Andrew for reasons outlined, not sure what the policy is on Bella, but I will also be happy to bump her, egg or smash for lack of content.

My preferred option remains Nacho.
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Sigh. Policy lynch on Bella is purely a joke(well it's not entirely a joke) based on her atrocious taste in literature.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:19 am

Post by lord_hur »

@Battousai :

Why are you willing to switch to Bella?

Also, the fact that your post focuses nearly entirely on Nachomamma8 gives me the impression that you decided who you would vote for before looking for arguments. And don't say that you only gave your reasons for Nachomamma8 because it was an attack on him, because then why would there be this comment on farside22?
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:57 am

Post by farside22 »

No offense to people who feel my experience is a threat.
Thank you much, I don't see it maybe because I know I have played poor as scum in some games and poor as town.
Everyone has weekness's. I completely understand lack of trust.
inHimshallibe wrote:Battousai replaces JesseSheffield.
Yah!!! Someone I know something about and don't have to research as much!
andrew94 wrote:@antb

suspects
antb- for reasons stated
lord_hur comes in , seconds the policy lynch, BUT doesnt vote. comments on bella is not a 'newb' then says ' i was just pointing it out, adding to the case' then 'fos david for interprating it otherwise???'

and batt
What happened to the comment you made about Nacho and how he is acting in this game?

Batt: I don't see a real good post here
You make 4 points without many reason's
For example how is this:
227- DavidParker is distancing = scum if nacho is town
How is this even valuable right now? What about 260 gives you the town/scum depending on Nacho's flip?
Why would you vote for Bella?

I found myself agreeing with Andrew for once.

unvote:
vote: Batt
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Battousai »

DavidParker wrote:
Battousai wrote:227- DavidParker is distancing = scum if nacho is town
Because town players having a town-read on other town players is unheard of?
When you replace in and quickly call the leading lynch town, I find that scummy.
andrew94 wrote:batt's post was hewavily scummy.

how can u know for 'sure' smashbros alignment depending on nacho's flip
1) I never said for sure, I said probable. 2) If Nacho is town, Smashbro-scum wouldn't either go for the lynch of Nacho or distance from it. Instead Smashbro casted doubt on the wagon, but said he didn't mind if Nacho was lynched (thus, no distancing). HOWEVER, if Nacho is scum, it Smashbro-scum could be trying not to get his partner lynched, but at the same time, not appear to depending his scum buddy. This isn't very strong, so I put it at probable.
lord_hur wrote:@Battousai :

Why are you willing to switch to Bella?

Also, the fact that your post focuses nearly entirely on Nachomamma8 gives me the impression that you decided who you would vote for before looking for arguments. And don't say that you only gave your reasons for Nachomamma8 because it was an attack on him, because then why would there be this comment on farside22?
"249- I see this as scum hurting his faction (1 bad scum is much more harmful than 1 bad town) more than town guilt. = probable scum" is why I suspect Bella.

2) My post is in reference to Nacho 2/4. That's not nearly entirely. It wasn't an attack on Nacho, it was an attack on the 4 people I was referencing. Nacho vote is because others find him scummy, and I'm happy with his lynch for the information, thus putting him at L-1 isn't an issue.
farside22 wrote:
1)
Batt: I don't see a real good post here
You make 4 points without many reason's
For example how is this:
227- DavidParker is distancing = scum if nacho is town
How is this even valuable right now? What about 260 gives you the town/scum depending on Nacho's flip?
Why would you vote for Bella?
1) Above should explain that

How is it valuable? Having a strong town tell on someone or a strong scumtell on someone is extremely important. And by right now, I'm not sure I understand, assuming it is in relation to Nacho not flipping. It's valuable as it tells everyone that I have a very strong scum suspect, though it is based on a flip. I'd think it be best to post it for future reference. 260 is explained above, as well as Bella voting. I probably should have put in Bella in that post to make that point clearer, but I wrote it as the replacement was asked for.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:57 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

Alright, I'm not really liking Bella/shotty, so
unvote, vote:bella
Nothing really has changed for me for egg, mostly cause he hasn't been here much. but I don't like how Bella hasn't done anything to put forward a vote or give an opinion on who should be lynched, given the Monday deadline.

Also, not liking the archer vote either, seems like he just wanted to throw another vote on the second biggest wagon, so it looks like he's doing something.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:18 am

Post by lord_hur »

Battousai wrote:When you replace in and quickly call the leading lynch town, I find that scummy.
Ok, this point has some merit imho. I've indeed seen that happening.
Battousai wrote:1) I never said for sure, I said probable.
You did say "for sure".
Battousai wrote:2) If Nacho is town, Smashbro-scum wouldn't either go for the lynch of Nacho or distance from it.
I don't get this, sorry. Why would smashbro_of_the_SSS-scum not do as all scum do, that is to try to get town lynched?
Battousai wrote:2) My post is in reference to Nacho 2/4. That's not nearly entirely.
Oops, I should have reread instead of posting on an impression. Quick posting at work can be bad.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Battousai »

lord_hur wrote:
Battousai wrote:1) I never said for sure, I said probable.
You did say "for sure".
Battousai wrote:Smashbro "getting on the wagon" without voting = probable town if nacho is town, scum if nacho is scum
I called him probable town if nacho is town, scum if he is scum. I never said for sure.

lord_hur wrote:
Battousai wrote:2) If Nacho is town, Smashbro-scum wouldn't either go for the lynch of Nacho or distance from it.
I don't get this, sorry. Why would smashbro_of_the_SSS-scum not do as all scum do, that is to try to get town lynched?
Goals of scum: Lynch town, Survive. Go for the lynch, would be trying to get town lynched, distance from a lead wagon increases survival.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:43 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Official Day 1 Vote Tally

13 players remain; 7 votes needed for a lynch.

Nachomamma8 (4)
- brokenscraps, AntB, lord_hur, Battousai
Egg (2)
- DavidParker, Archer
AntB (1)
- andrew94
Archer (1)
- Nachomamma8
smashbro_of_the_SSS (1)
- Looker
Battousai (1)
- farside22
Bella (1)
- smashbro_of_the_SSS

Yet to vote (2): Egg, Bella
=========================================================

Prodding:
Egg, Looker, Nachomamma8

Deadline
: Monday, January 31, 11:59 PM CT. (GMT-6)
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 am

Post by lord_hur »

Battousai wrote:
Vote: Nacho
as it will give me the alignment of Smashbro for sure
You did say "for sure".
lord_hur wrote:
Goals of scum: Lynch town, Survive. Go for the lynch, would be trying to get town lynched, distance from a lead wagon increases survival.[/quote]

So you're saying smashbro_of_the_SSS-scum would NOT do either, because if he jumps on the wagon, he sacrifices survival, and if he distances, he doesn't get town lynched?

PS : he's far from being at L-1...
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Bella »

Part of the problem you guys are having with my general equivocation is that I find it much harder to get solid reads on people when I'm reading through a game rather than experiencing it. I find it much easier to form opinions when reacting to things as they happen rather than looking over them with the benefit of hindsight - and it's harder to add anything "new" to a discussion after the fact when other people have had a chance to make all the salient points. But meh...
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:OK, Bella, you realize that your views on most of the people are "I could see them as scum/town, but not sure." right? You give one, maybe two strong stances. Actually, one, on lord_hur. It seems like a pretty easy way to sit back and then side with the biggest wagon. If you had to lynch one person right now, who would it be any why? (and preferably place a vote)
If I had to lynch one person right now it would be lord-hur, but I wouldn't be entirely happy with it.

Demanding a vote is pretty much the best way to assure that I woun't be providing a vote until I'm damn well good and ready.
farside22 wrote:
lord_hur wrote:
farside22 wrote:I will try hard not to judge the dizzyizzy account.
Why would you do that? You've been pretty heavily on the meta side until now.

If dizzyizzy is the one I"m remember it was the one that flaked in a game and did nothing.
My first reaction to seeing the alt account name was to joke about the policy. Bella's reaction was felt like someone not amused.
Mostly I wasn't going to join the policy joke after that or think about that flaky person and judge her for her worth in this game.
I still plan on seeing if I have the right dizzy when I have time, but I have a feeling she may be telling the truth about it doing no good if she is.
As far as I remember, I've been replaced three times - twice because of an unforeseen family situation that made meeting the obligations of the games impossible and once because I fell behind when I was ill and couldn't get caught back up. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.
farside22 wrote:
Anyway... It seems strange to be asking for a scum list at this stage of the game, with the general activity levels of some of the players and there being several replacements already. The data doesn't exist to perform such an action. So, I decline to provide one. I will, however, provide my current thoughts on each player.
I don't see why it's strange to ask with 13 pages and deadline in about a week. There should be an impression or idea which you had but I don't like the wishy washiness you have in your post were you don't want to make a firm stance as though you are scared to make a stand.
I dislike scum lists at the best of times, I just find them to be unhelpful. Well, when I'm town anyway. Day one with a page of contribution prer slot and a lot of them falling well short of that... there's just not enough data to pull something liek that together, in my book.
lord_hur wrote:Also, I don't like how everyone is so passive, except a few (farside22 and DavidParker). And no, smashbro_of_the_SSS, repeating what I've said two posts before in a menacing tone doesn't qualify, in my opinion.
Being passive isn't necessqarily a bad thing, although not in such quantities. If everyone was strong-willed, unable to compromise, set on being aggressive and leading a lynch, nobody would every get lynched.
Battousai wrote:227- DavidParker is distancing = scum if nacho is town

249- I see this as scum hurting his faction (1 bad scum is much more harmful than 1 bad town) more than town guilt. = probable scum

260- Smashbro "getting on the wagon" without voting =
probable
town if nacho is town, scum if nacho is scum

298- Farside gives her scum meta ("I try to avoid scum bussing D1") = null leaning scum

as it will give me the alignment of Smashbro
for sure
, and a scum read on DavidParker if Nacho is town.

Will be willing to switch to Bella.
This a strange post highlighted by the inconsistency between the Smashbro analysis. The later posting when it was picked up by andrew94 and lord_hur makes it even more curious considering you're defending yourself by denying you said the "for sure" part. Very curious.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Battousai »

lord_hur wrote:
Battousai wrote:
as it will give me the alignment of Smashbro for sure
You did say "for sure".

Oops, must have been a mistake. I think I meant to write DavidParker, as that's the only one that I'm confident in would be scum based on the flip.
lord_hur wrote:
Battousai wrote:
lord_hur wrote:
Goals of scum: Lynch town, Survive. Go for the lynch, would be trying to get town lynched, distance from a lead wagon increases survival.
So you're saying smashbro_of_the_SSS-scum would NOT do either, because if he jumps on the wagon, he sacrifices survival, and if he distances, he doesn't get town lynched?

PS : he's far from being at L-1...
I said smashbro-scum would do one of those. He did not. He said he wouldn't vote it (thus not trying to get nacho-town lynched), but wouldn't be upset with his lynch (thus not distancing from the wagon).
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:42 am

Post by DavidParker »

Oh replacing in is too hard for you?? But you chose to replace in. Obviously you believed yourself capable of doing so or you wouldn't have replaced in. Toughen up princess. We aren't going to let you sit there without/fence sit and just coast through the game.
Bella wrote:If I had to lynch one person right now it would be lord-hur, but I wouldn't be entirely happy with it.

Demanding a vote is pretty much the best way to assure that I woun't be providing a vote until I'm damn well good and ready.
Cool, until you do vote (and maybe even when you do),
Unvote, Vote Bella

With 4 days until deadline, I see no town motivation to not voting.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by andrew94 »

batt, when u say if x flips town ,. therefore there is a chance that Y is scum.
are u gonna push for y's lynch if X does flip town??? (x being smashbro i think)

then if y also flips town?????
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Bella »

DavidParker wrote:Oh replacing in is too hard for you?? But you chose to replace in. Obviously you believed yourself capable of doing so or you wouldn't have replaced in. Toughen up princess. We aren't going to let you sit there without/fence sit and just coast through the game.
Harder is a comparative qualifier.
Bella wrote:If I had to lynch one person right now it would be lord-hur, but I wouldn't be entirely happy with it.

Cool, until you do vote (and maybe even when you do),
Unvote, Vote Bella

With 4 days until deadline, I see no town motivation to not voting.
There's also no scum motivation to do it. Wasted vote attempting to appear town much?
Show
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I definitely see scum motivation behind not having a vote down at this point.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Bella »

There's no scum motivation in responding to pressure to vote with a refusal to vote, because it provokes suspicion from people like you.
Show
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Bella »

EBWOP: Refusal is a bad choice of words. It's more a case of not voting just because you tell me to. I'll vote when I'm ready to, when either I'm confident enough in a read to put one there or time forces me to lower my standards enough to choose someone. 4 days is a long time.
Show
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by DavidParker »

That's like the same line of arguing that there is no scum motivation behind intentionally avoiding questions because they did it on purpose. If the action itself is scummy, it's still scummy even if the person realizes they are doing it. The only difference is the way you analyze it in the context of the player as a whole being scum.

Hey I got a bright idea: let's all decide this game is "too hard" and that finding scum is "too hard", and just unvote and wait for something to happen. Sound good?

Preview edit: 4 days is not a long time with weekend coming up and the biggest wagon being 3 or something.. How do you expect us to get to a claim, and then what if we don't want to lynch this person based on their claim? We rush another wagon to L-1 in our final few hours? That is bad play.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Battousai »

andrew94 wrote:batt, when u say if x flips town ,. therefore there is a chance that Y is scum.
are u gonna push for y's lynch if X does flip town??? (x being smashbro i think)

then if y also flips town?????
Wait, what? If Nacho flips town, I'm going to push for a DavidParker lynch. The Smashbro one is if Nacho flips scum. In that case, I would push for a smashbro lynch at some point, especially if he doesn't post anything protown.

What do you mean if y also flips town? There is no Z from those points. If you are talking about what happens if DavidParker flips town and Nacho flips town, I haven't gotten that far as I don't think that is a likely outcome.
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by brokenscraps »

David's last posts seem poorly motivated especially since
DP wrote:So my ability to replace into games has been questionable at best in the past, the town games I've replaced in I've always thought I knew exactly who scum were and been wrong and done a lot of PBPA which I now believe to not be all that useful in most situations, so I might try something different here and look at the game "event by event" so it's easier to look at scummy things in context.
suggests he actually thinks replacing into game is harder than playing from the start.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

"249- I see this as scum hurting his faction (1 bad scum is much more harmful than 1 bad town) more than town guilt. = probable scum" is why I suspect Bella.
*Reminder to self to look at this later*

I think Batt has defend himself well. Typically I would agree 100% with DP about the lack of vote. With 1 week left I don't see why withholding a vote does. It looks more scummy, but right now I'm going on gut with this and my gut says although I don't trust Bella something I find rings and sounds sincere.

That said I'm going back to voting Nacho
He is posting just find around MS and continues to actively lurk in this game. I'm betting he is hoping we ignore him and he can skate by.

unvote:
vote: Nacho
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Archer
Archer
Townie
Archer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Archer »

farside22 wrote:
That said I'm going back to voting Nacho
He is posting just find around MS and continues to actively lurk in this game. I'm betting he is hoping we ignore him and he can skate by.

unvote:
vote: Nacho
I went to follow up on that and you are right, he's made 15 posts in the last two days (26+27 Jan) but not a single one here. That is lurking a its best. So nacho, what reason do you have for being active in other games, but not feeling the need to scum hunt in here even a tiny little bit?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm intentionally lurking at the moment, actually.

I've pegged two scum so far, I'm just wondering whether farside is the third or not.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Battousai wrote:Oops, must have been a mistake. I think I meant to write DavidParker, as that's the only one that I'm confident in would be scum based on the flip.
No, that's not right either.
Battousai wrote:
as it will give me the alignment of Smashbro for sure, and a scum read on DavidParker if Nacho is town
Original quote.
Battousai wrote:
as it will give me the alignment of DavidParker for sure, and a scum read on DavidParker if Nacho is town
DavidParker substituted in for Smashbro and it still doesn't make sense. Farside, how exactly is this Batt "defending himself well?"

Unvote, Vote: Battousai
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “Completed Open Games”