Green Lantern Corps
- Killed on Night 2.

Stephoscope -
Arisia
Operative
in the
Green Lantern Corps
- Killed on Night 2.

If 2VT:2PR, then final Green must be VT.
Claims wrote: – nopointinactingup, Claimed
John Stewart, Green Lantern, Hider
X

– KageLord, Claimed
Hal Jordan, Green Lantern

– tanstalas, Claimed
Sodam Yat, Green Lantern, OddNight Vigilante
X
Tremble in fear. AGar and Zito are near.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:45 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Guys, I'm not scum. Take your heads out of the sand - do you seriously think the mod would have made the setup THIS stupidly easy to crack? Lynches are LIMITED. Wasting one on dumb setup spec when there are people who are ACTUALLY scummy running around is silly and we will lose the game for it.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Andrius »

^ Agree with that 100%.
Though that would mean THE Green Lantern, Hal Jordan, is a VT. :igmeou:

KageLord, you an Operative? Y/N is fine.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Dekes »

AGM, you do realize that you are scummy even without factoring in any discrepancy in color claims? And the latest point culminating in blatant AtE didn't help either.

But I do agree that I wish this color discussion will come to an end soon and we go back to regular scumhunting. Andy, question from last page still stands.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Andrius wrote:Exactly. Which implies AGM is scum.
And we have 2 scum in [nopoint, tanstalas, KageLord].
This also means that Siniestro is a Goon.
Which is odd, but Ninja and Watcher are both pretty good.
Um you lost me on the bolded portion, oh Holy Stroller. How did you get to that particular conclusion?

--
Dekes wrote:MoI resorting to post game threats again...yuck.
I’m sorry if I offend your delicate sensabilities …
Dekes wrote:And Almaster has a point. You still haven't delivered Black Lantern evidence. Who out of the remaining people falls into that category? One of the greens?
The presence of a Black cult leader throws the 4s/1 proportion out the window. What ‘evidence’ were you expecting from Andrius exactly?
Dekes wrote:But I do agree that I wish this color discussion will come to an end soon and we go back to regular scumhunting. Andy, question from last page still stands.
Nothing has been stopping you from doing ‘regular’ scum-hunting while the Color claim process was going on.

--
AGM wrote:Guys, I'm not scum. Take your heads out of the sand - do you seriously think the mod would have made the setup THIS stupidly easy to crack? Lynches are LIMITED. Wasting one on dumb setup spec when there are people who are ACTUALLY scummy running around is silly and we will lose the game for it.
Glad to see you’ve re-engaged the game now that you are under a little heat.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:39 am

Post by Dekes »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:The presence of a Black cult leader throws the 4s/1 proportion out the window. What ‘evidence’ were you expecting from Andrius exactly?
If it's only the Black cult leader messing up with the 4's, we can still work from that angle.
And I'm talking about the evidence Andy was quite sure to get when I asked him back then if the color claim was really necessary today. Without getting closer to the Black cult leader we could've easily lynched one out of tans or nipau and waited with the color claim until tomorrow.
MoI wrote:Nothing has been stopping you from doing ‘regular’ scum-hunting while the Color claim process was going on.
You're right, it hasn't been stopping me. But a lot of the town is too caught up in it. The lack of results so far doesn't justify the huge distraction it constitutes at the moment.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:46 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Dekes wrote:And I'm talking about the evidence Andy was quite sure to get when I asked him back then if the color claim was really necessary today. Without getting closer to the Black cult leader we could've easily lynched one out of tans or nipau and waited with the color claim until tomorrow.
Did you read Succession Mafia that Andy has been referring to? As an outsider who read the game I think Andy is perhaps overselling his cult finding prowess based on that game (nothing personal Andy).

That said the Color claim also served more purposes than just hunting the Black recruiter. Orange and Red need to be able to shoot Yellow to have a chance (and all three also should have an eye towards Black) and this color claim will give them a much better target range. And it doesn’t really harm Town as the confirmed Townies were already out there.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by Kast »

I am a JoAT. I started with three 1-shot Night Abilities plus my changing ability:
-1x RB (used N1 on SF)
-1x Track (used N2 on xvart; no results)
-1x Doc

My results PM from N2 (which I didn't see until D3 started) included flavor that something ominous was going to happen or had just happened. It was vague, but sort of hinted that it would be a good idea to change colors (flavor was about reinforcements). At the time, I guessed it was referring to so many Green Lanterns dying on N2.

After turning into a Green Lantern, I now have 3 different abilities (I lose the previous abilities regardless of whether I used them). I did not know what abilities I was going to get until after changing:
-Redirect
-Black/non-Black Cop
-Protect against Black Recruitment (permanently)

N3 I used the protection against Black Recruitment, but I think it's better not to name my target.

The Black/non-Black cop is actually the main reason I suspected a Color Cop as a complement to my ability.

Dead/Confirmed

Guderian -
Atrocitus
- INV IMMUNE, JANITOR
dramonic -
Bleez
- GOON
-
SensFan -
Dex-Starr
- BOMB
Katsuki -
Bedovian
- WATCHER
xvart -
Arkillo
- NINJA
Vi -
Kilowog
- BUS DRIVER
Stephoscope -
Arisia
- VT
Fate -
Tomar-Re
- GUNSMITH
-
SpyreX -
Munk
- ROLE COPY
Plum -
William Hand
- VT
xRECKONERx -
Star Sapphire
- MASON RECRUITER
Starbuck -
Wonder Woman
- MASON COP
-
Jack -
Queen Aga-po
- VT
-
Toogeloo -
Fata
lity
- VT

Probably no Black Recruiter specifically (or actually Plum may be directing from beyond the grave...
but I doubt anyone will believe that
).

Assuming equal starting color groups w/Fatality as Violet (4/1/4/4/4/4/4):

AlmasterGM -
Red Lantern

nopointinactingup -
Larfleeze

MagnaofIllusion -
Yellow Lantern (Sinestro?)

tanstalas -
Yellow Lantern

KageLord -
Hal Jordan

Kast -
Ganthet
/
Deputy Green Lantern

Kdub -
Blue Lantern

The Stove -
Blue Lantern

Andrius -
Blue Lantern

Kublai Khan -
Indigo Lantern

Dekes -
Indigo Lantern

Assuming Corps size follows flavor (4/1/4/4.5/3.5/3/5):

Kublai Khan -
Red Lantern

nopointinactingup -
Larfleeze

MagnaofIllusion -
Yellow Lantern (Sinestro?)

tanstalas -
Yellow Lantern

KageLord -
Hal Jordan

Kast -
Ganthet
/
Deputy Lantern

Kdub -
Blue Lantern

The Stove -
Blue Lantern

Andrius -
Blue Lantern

Dekes -
Indigo Lantern

AlmasterGM -
Violet Lantern

The 4 per faction is possible, but the 2VT per color isn't really possible. In Blue there's Andy & KDub nigh confirmed; then Kast & MoI both claimed PR. The 1+ VT per color probably holds though.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Kast »

That was claim, then speculation.
Show

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

MoI wrote:Glad to see you’ve re-engaged the game now that you are under a little heat.
1) Ironic seeing you are the one who just finished dropping off the game and were a high pick for scum. Glad to see you've stopped lurking now that the heat is off you.
2) There is nothing TO engage because everything is A) speculation which I know to be false and B) Andy using MAGIC POWERZ which I don't know how to work.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Kdub »

No time for a detailed post right now, but I just want to say that while Kast's claimed role sounds believable, I really don't like his claimed actions.

N1: Roleblock would be the absolute last of those three abilities I would choose to use on N1 unless you somehow have confirmed scum going into the night.
N2: What's the point of tracking xvart when I already had called him out as scum? What are you going to do, doubly confirm him as scum? Even worse is passing up a doc protect when several players (e.g. Starbuck, Fate) needed protection.
N3: Again, passing up a doc protect on me/Andy/SpyreX to switch colors, which he admits he had no idea how it would change his abilities.

Kast, I would like to hear an explanation on your actions each night.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Andrius »

Sorry Dekes, I missed you and Stove's post at the bottom of 68.

Kast is a special case. Transient and shouldn't really be counted in one spot. :/ Which is just odd to me. :/
I'll clarify MoI's power with him later; I have some expectations as to what his power SHOULD be like. MoI isn't active though. So its just us 2, I guess.

I'm working on it, I'm working on it.
MoI wrote: Um you lost me on the bolded portion, oh Holy Stroller. How did you get to that particular conclusion?
Haha. Funny. :P
I was operating under the 2 PRs and 2 VTs per color premise. But if there is 1-2 VTs it works fine. And I don't actually think he's a Goon. xvart as Ninja enables an active PR for him, to match our supposed Corps makeup.

I guess now's a good time as ever, since MoI started crumbing it too: I am
Saint Walker of the Blue Lantern Corps
. I appear in the picture in the OP. I crumbed my "Saintly" status throughout the game, namely in my first post with numerous puns to "Holy". And when I said "Andrius Kairys Walker calls AlmasterGM to the stand", I used Walker, so. I can provide url references upon request. Hal Jordan appears in my Role PM because I was evidentially assist him on numerous occasions.

Dekes wrote: Without getting closer to the Black cult leader we could've easily lynched one out of tans or nipau and waited with the color claim until tomorrow.
If I had a guaranteed town-driven kill tonight things would have been different. But since I have to rely on the SCUM to kill the Black Recruiter, I'm not exactly putting all my Hope in them.
MoI wrote: Did you read Succession Mafia that Andy has been referring to? As an outsider who read the game I think Andy is perhaps overselling his cult finding prowess based on that game (nothing personal Andy).
None taken.
Though he will play similarly to how they do there. Cautious, buddying when necessary, doing what is necessary to stay alive; not lurking but not being in the limelight; coasting perhaps; definitely under the radar.
MoI wrote: That said the Color claim also served more purposes than just hunting the Black recruiter. Orange and Red need to be able to shoot Yellow to have a chance (and all three also should have an eye towards Black) and this color claim will give them a much better target range. And it doesn’t really harm Town as the confirmed Townies were already out there.
QFT
We were already out in the open, and MoI shouldn't have been the only one to pick up my crumbs. And I've enabled the scum to have more information on suspected scumbags; I just Hope they realize the dire need to shoot Black; for our sake AND theirs.

Kast wrote: N3 I used the protection against Black Recruitment, but I think it's better not to name my target.
I was going to say; had you NOT used this immediately I would have been concerned. Also, as long as said player isn't dead I have no qualms keeping it secret.
Kast wrote: (or actually Plum may be directing from beyond the grave...but I doubt anyone will believe that).
Oh I would. All my work is based on the fact that the recruiter is alive and one of us- something that could easily be false.

OH STOP ARES. I DONT HAVE MAGIC POWERS. I just have experience and feel like this shouldn't be too much harder than Succession. Granted, I had more info there, but this is workable.

That being said, Kast's stuff in no way clears him of Black suspicion. I'm willing to let the Violet Corps slide at the moment.

MoI, you mind claiming now?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Andrius »

OP wrote:
Players

Yet Tarrying Amongst the Living

MagnaofIllusion,
Blue Lantern, Non-Operative

– KageLord,

– tanstalas,

– Dekes,
Indigo Lantern

– Kublai Khan,
Indigo Lantern

– Kast,
Gan
thet
Blue Lantern, JOAT
turned
Green Lantern, JOAT

– nopointinactingup,

– Kdub,

– The Stove,
Blue Lantern, Operative

– Andrius,
Saint Walker, Blue Lantern, Non-Operative

– AlmasterGM,
Violet Lantern, Operative
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Kast »

@KDub-
D1/N1 I had a pretty strong scum read on SF. Guderian's flip on D1 only increased that. Also, it sounds like you are evaluating RBs from a scum perspective rather than a town RB (limited scum RB is more inclined to wait for claims). If I could stop a N1 scum-kill that would be ideal.

N2 I considered doc, but with a large number of plausibly claimed town PRs, several of whom seemed capable of some kind of investigation, I decided to keep that for a later night when there was a more critical/obvious protection target. Your end of day fingering of xvart was plausible, but not definite/damning. I was hoping that if xvart was SK or scum PR (or scum NK) I could verify both xvart as scum and confirm you as at least having some kind of investigative ability.
Show

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Andrius »

Kdub is town. (Or at least, not the cult recruiter).
His ability has been proven, therefore not recruiter.
Hell, THIS IS WHY WE MASSCLAIM.
So all the PRs can get confirmed as PRs and not Recruiters by default.
That way the recruiter HAS TO BE hiding in the VTs or passive players. And it won't be too hard to pull the recruiter out, especially with kills flying around.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Kast »

Also, note I hid a crumb in the first spoiler of my first actual game post; essentially describing my role.
Show

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Andrius »

OP wrote:
Players

Yet Tarrying Amongst the Living

MagnaofIllusion,
< POSSIBLE BLACK, *Pending Claim*
– KageLord,
< POSSIBLE BLACK
– tanstalas,
< POSSIBLE BLACK
– Dekes,
Indigo Lantern
< EITHER PR OR POSSIBLE BLACK
– Kublai Khan,
Indigo Lantern
< EITHER PR OR POSSIBLE BLACK
– Kast,
Gan
thet
Blue Lantern, JOAT
turned
Green Lantern, JOAT
< POSSIBLE BLACK
– nopointinactingup,
< LIKELY SK
– Kdub,
NON BLACK RECRUITER, PROVEABLE ABILITY
– The Stove,
Blue Lantern, Operative
NOT BLACK, INVESTIGATED TOWN BY S.S. COP
– Andrius,
Saint Walker, Blue Lantern, Non-Operative
NON BLACK RECRUITER, PROVEABLE ABILITY
– AlmasterGM,
Violet Lantern, Operative
POSSIBLE BLACK
I'd like people to weigh in on the following:
If we want to go for the Black today, I'll need the following people claim: Dekes, KK, KageLord. Y/N
If we don't then we lynch scumbag tanny/nopoint and go to night, hoping someone shoots Black dead
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Andrius »

Kast, you might as well just point it out, since you already claimed.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Kast »

As for possibly useful info:
In addition to the regular lantern corpsmen, there are several heros and villians who get power rings and become lanterns. There are also several people who are associated with multiple colors during the series.
This was a veiled reference to my color changing and being associated with both Blue and Green. On first reading my role, my private speculation was that using my ability might trigger changes in other players (who presumably would start as non-lanterns and become lanterns). Starbuck's flip killed that possibility (also it's another instance of mod diverging from the Source chronology).
Show

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Andrius »

Oh. I got the multi-color deal.
Just thought there was more to it than that. lol
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Good lord I need to catchup.
Andrius wrote:1 Black Recruiter (with one recruit, at most)
I'm assuming 2 recruits. I don't trust Kast and his "William Hand-trigger" theory. Plan for the worst case scenario.

Pretty sure that Kast is Black Lantern recruiter. Plus I'm pretty sure that The Stove has been recruited. Mostly for their resistance to the color claiming and then insistance that the 4/4 setup is bunk. Plus a hydra is a prime cult recruit, the recruiter would get 2 extra co-conspirators for the price of 1. Not sure on who else, possibly KageLord.
Dekes wrote:If it's only the Black cult leader messing up with the 4's, we can still work from that angle.
And I'm talking about the evidence Andy was quite sure to get when I asked him back then if the color claim was really necessary today. Without getting closer to the Black cult leader we could've easily lynched one out of tans or nipau and waited with the color claim until tomorrow.
Yeah, but if we rushed through today then scum's NKs would be largely randomish. I'm predicting that the color claim today will give scum a better chance to cross-kill tonight.They need to handicap their opposition to improve the chance for victory for their faction.

---
Kast wrote:I am a JoAT.
Holy crap that is a ridiculously over-powered fakeclaim. 7 freaking abilities?? Plus the mod is informing you of game changes?
Kast wrote:Assuming Corps size follows flavor (4/1/4/4.5/3.5/3/5):
My character isn't in the Blackest Night series. I've tried to heavily hint/steer you in that direction in my #1245. Stop pushing fake theories.

Kdub's also has a really good point about the uselessness of tracking Xvart on N2. And also your breadcrumb works as a cult recruiter claim. I'd be willing to bet that you're actually Scar.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Andrius »

Stove is recruited?
... I can see it.

Regardless, Kast is my biggest Black Lantern Recruiter read.

I'm hesitant to just go lynch him without a massclaim to back it up, but I could be coaxed.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Kdub »

Kast wrote:@KDub-
D1/N1 I had a pretty strong scum read on SF. Guderian's flip on D1 only increased that. Also, it sounds like you are evaluating RBs from a scum perspective rather than a town RB (limited scum RB is more inclined to wait for claims). If I could stop a N1 scum-kill that would be ideal.
If I have a strong scum read on N1, and I can roleblock or track them, I use the track every single time. Even if you somehow prevent a scum kill (you are assuming they perform the kill), you have no way of knowing that. Roleblocking on N1 (when information is most scarce) is almost never the best play here.
Kast wrote:N2 I considered doc, but with a large number of plausibly claimed town PRs, several of whom seemed capable of some kind of investigation, I decided to keep that for a later night when there was a more critical/obvious protection target. Your end of day fingering of xvart was plausible, but not definite/damning. I was hoping that if xvart was SK or scum PR (or scum NK) I could verify both xvart as scum and confirm you as at least having some kind of investigative ability.
You've got to be joking. How much more obvious a protection target can you get than a confirmed mason and several people who had softclaimed investigative roles?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Kdub »

I should add on that if you were hanging on to the doc protect for a later night, you wouldn't have switched colors the very next day before you could use it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”