Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

VOTE: Kast

This should be the play for today.

1) I don't trust the Yellow/Red/Orange groups to make the kill. I was scum in a double scum-group large game and I remember that at this point in the game there was a lot of second guessing as to the proper night-kill. The most logical target can be left alive because each group suspects the other will complete the kill.

2) Lynching the Cult recruiter today ends the threat of the Black Lanterns growing. This is important because we don't know what will happen to recruits after the Cult Leader dies. They would either turn back into townies (confirmed to each other) or they remain black lanterns (a non-killing anti-town group).

{Note: I'm just noticing that I'm assuming that the Black Lantern group can't kill. Reasonable assumption, but don't regard it as a hard rule if things don't make sense later}

3) Recruitment may resolve before kill. If the recruits remain black lanterns then this is bad.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by KageLord »

Andrius wrote: KageLord, you an Operative? Y/N is fine.
The theory looked okay, and would confirm me... but it's incorrect. I'm not an Operative.

If we are doing massclaim, I would be willing, but I am thinking more and more that scum have full fakeclaims and I'm not sure that knowing my role would help us much. My role will probably work better if scum don't know it tonight.

And I'm hoping we still have a doc left out there especially if we are going to massclaim.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Andrius »

I didn't think you were an Operative, KageLord. For Hal Jordan to be an Operative would be... HERESY. *shakes fist in direction of mods*

Somehow I doubt we have a Doc. Just my setup-speculation gut. :/
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by The Stove »

tanstalas wrote:Seriously, you vote for me, when asked what color you think I will flip you said you don't care what color... Gotta ask you, are you fucking retarded? Did you even read my post? If you think I am yellow you should not be voting me. RED, ORANGE, BLACK. That is what you should be concentrating on.
Hey bro, I really don't care about Black right now.

Here's my theory.

We lynch scum.

Scum has to kill black or they're fucked.

Works for me.

So we had a glimmer of hope about this 4/4/1 shit, then it got debunked again? Gah.

Am I the only one not buying that Kast had a color change ability and JOAT? Srsly.

-AG
Tremble in fear. AGar and Zito are near.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by Dekes »

Unvote; Vote: Kast

Let's do this. There's so much convenience in his claim. Now that he's gotten under suspicion of being Black cult leader he claims a role that seems to make him invaluable if we want to catch Black/prevent them from spreading.
And he claimed the color switch would become effective immediately once triggered. So why would the mods wait a whole cycle to inform Kast of the change of his role? Because the black lantern secret is now into the open but Kast needed his fake "Black recruiting immunizer" today to gain credibility so he made this story full of holes up.

@Stove
What do you think of Kast?

And I still want to hear from tans regarding his Kagelord = Black cult leader theory.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:53 pm

Post by Kast »

@KDub-
-If you have a strong scum suspect, it's ALMOST ALWAYS better to roleblock and stop them from acting than to just track. Denying scum kills is HUGE and denying scum PRs is similarly powerful; the earlier in game you can do this, the better.
-Andy was really the only plausible protection target on N1, and he was neither confirmed nor high priority for a 1-shot. N2, Fate was a potentially claimed PR, Andy was a claimed PR, Starbuck was a claimed PR, KDub was a claimed PR, Stove was a cleared town. It's easy to say "docs should have obviously protected Fate or Starbuck" now, but that isn't considering the situation at that time and isn't realizing that a single shot doc can only pick a single target.
-As far as saving the protection; I got a PM that strongly suggested/advised/hinted that I should change colors. I followed the advice.
KK wrote:My character isn't in the Blackest Night series.
Don't buy this at all. That's like claiming you're Yoshi or something in a Super Mario Bros 3 Theme Game. KK's gotta be either the last Red or, if there is a Black cult recruiter, then the Black Recruiter. If the latter, it's understandable that he's unhappy with a role specifically intended to oppose him. Scar speculation may be projection.

@Dekes-
What holes are you claiming? If you don't recall, D3 was extremely short. I didn't get back til Monday afternoon. Read everything and submitted my change on Monday night. Day ended on Tuesday morning and RC wasn't even around until partway through the night. To be clear, are you claiming it's a hole that the mods (read=dana) took ~14-15 real time hours including an end of the day AND real life night to answer a PM that probably doesn't even have time significance?

@Andy/Kdub-
If needed, I can demonstrate my redirect tonight. With Stove claiming VT, that leaves Andy's "Blue Brother" power as one of you two (or Spyrex copying one of you two). I can prove my redirect works by sending that ability back to Kdub or Andy (unless you're assuming I'm a recruiter who can recruit AND redirect and who knows what else).
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:55 pm

Post by Kast »

@Dekes-
You're also mixing things up. I partial claimed first; I got under suspicion after partial claiming as a result of the claim. It's important to look at what actually happened, instead of letting confirmation bias make you see what you wish had happened.
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by Kast »

@Kdub-
Actually, let's walk you through the thought exercise:
-You can doc, RB, or track.
-There's a single claimed PR who tried to draw as much attention to himself as possible. He could be town or scum.
-There's a very probable (and arrogant) scum player.
(1) Options are to use powers on one of the targets of interest or use powers randomly.
Realistically, one of the targets of interest should be picked.

Options remaining:
-Doc the random unnecessarily claimed PR.
-RB/Track the probable scum
(2) Protection is out.
There's very low incentive to doc a random player; especially not one who tried drawing attention to himself (suggesting trap or drawing full doc or drawing watch).

Options remaining:
-RB scum
-Track scum
(3) RB is clearly a better option than tracking.
-If the scum does nothing, then either option is the same.
-If the scum performs a non-kill PR:
--Tracking gives potentially misleading info (that the player is not the scum killer), and does nothing to prevent whatever ability is being used
--RBing stops the action which clearly hurts scum team.
-If the scum performs a night-kill:
--Tracking IDs the player as a killer (value depends on how strong/weak the suspect is).
--RB stops a kill which clearly hurts scum team. Potentially reveals player as scum depending how many kills and flips on D2.
Show

Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Post by Dekes »

Kast wrote:-I'll participate in a mass claim if that's the majority preference, but I don't see that it helps us that much.
This was in your first post. Nothing hinting at all that you could help solve the Black Lantern puzzle. You never once hinted you could shed some light into this matter until several people suspected you and you came out with this ridiculously convenient claim.
Hell, you could've even came out first thing and fullclaim if we assume Black Lantern don't have a kill. Scum would've definitely no interest in killing you off until the Black Lanterns are removed.
But what did you do instead? You brought up useless flavor speculation about how dead townies might be the solution to the riddle to keep us off track as long as possible and you argued to no end about that we're not dealing with a 4s-1 setup. And you know why? Because you are the only reason it's not all 4s.
Kast wrote:@Andy/Kdub-
If needed, I can demonstrate my redirect tonight. With Stove claiming VT, that leaves Andy's "Blue Brother" power as one of you two (or Spyrex copying one of you two). I can prove my redirect works by sending that ability back to Kdub or Andy (unless you're assuming I'm a recruiter who can recruit AND redirect and who knows what else).
How stupid do you think we are? Honestly.
Scenario: You claim to redirect one of the town's action back to them, instead you recruit them. What will the recruited person do? They sure as hell will confirm you redirected their action back to them and "confirm you as town".

And now you are trying to overly justify your night actions by sharing a detailed thought process to make it seem as plausible as possible instead of simply saying "I thought he was scum so I RB'd him. Deal with it.".

Advice for next time: Don't fakeclaim something that is too good to be true.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Kast wrote:
KK wrote:My character isn't in the Blackest Night series.
Don't buy this at all. That's like claiming you're Yoshi or something in a Super Mario Bros 3 Theme Game.
No, stupid. You already made reference to my character being listed on the Indigo Lantern wikipedia page despite the fact that the character wasn't in the series.
Andrius wrote:I'd like people to weigh in on the following:
If we want to go for the Black today, I'll need the following people claim: Dekes, KK, KageLord. Y/N
Sorry, missed this on the first read-through. I'm Shane Thompson, Indigo Operative.

Strangely enough, I think I might be able to confirm tanstalas as town. Is there anyone in the Blue Lanterns that isn't in the Blackest Night series?
Kast wrote:KK's gotta be either the last Red or,
if there is a Black cult recruiter,
then the Black Recruiter. If the latter, it's understandable that he's unhappy with a role specifically intended to oppose him. Scar speculation may be projection.
Neat. Kast is now claiming that the Black Lantern cult is a figment of our imagination, despite the fact that his "role" specifically lists an immunity to their recruitment.
Kast wrote:After turning into a Green Lantern, I now have 3 different abilities (I lose the previous abilities regardless of whether I used them). I did not know what abilities I was going to get until after changing:
-Redirect
-Black/non-Black Cop
-
Protect against Black Recruitment
(permanently)
Also, your "new" abilities make no sense. There already was a green lantern bus driver (Vi). What mod in their right mind puts 2 bus driver abilities in the same game? And even if there were two, why would they both be Green?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:08 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Kublai Khan wrote:Strangely enough, I think I might be able to confirm tanstalas as town. Is there anyone in the Blue Lanterns that isn't in the Blackest Night series?
Specifically I'm looking for Nicole Morrison. If her character is in the game, then tanstalas is town.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:48 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Kublai Khan wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:Strangely enough, I think I might be able to confirm tanstalas as town. Is there anyone in the Blue Lanterns that isn't in the Blackest Night series?
Specifically I'm looking for Nicole Morrison. If her character is in the game, then tanstalas is town.
Actually nevermind. My theory doesn't work.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:07 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

Yeah. So Kast's claim is doubtful. Let's wait for the rest of the claims so Andy could see what's black.
Justice will prevail
\m/
The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:16 am

Post by The Stove »

Kublai Khan wrote:Plus I'm pretty sure that The Stove has been recruited. Mostly for their resistance to the color claiming and then insistance that the 4/4 setup is bunk.
This.... this never happened.
Dekes wrote:@Stove
What do you think of Kast?
AGar and I agree that his claim is, as a famous philosopher once said, moonbeams.
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:47 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Vote Count

Kast [2] - Kublai Khan, Dekes

tanstalas [2] - nopointinactingup, The Stove

MagnaofIllusion [1]
- AlmasterGM
nopointinactingup [1]
- MagnaofIllusion

Not voting [5]
- Andrius, KageLord, Kast, Kdub, tanstalas

With 11 alive, it is 6 to lynch. Deadline is February 10, 2011.
Show
"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:08 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I notice NoPoint makes another appearance to throw doubt on Kast, who he just earlier today was buddying up to when Kast attacked me. And do nothing else.

Obv-scum is obv.

At this point I’d really like a NoPoint lynch as I think he is Larfleeze the Night Action Immune Serial Killer.

I’d also support a Tans, AGM or Kast lynch today.

--
Andrius wrote:MoI, you mind claiming now?
Not at all.

I’m The Flash (specifically Barry Allen, but that comes from my knowledge and not the role PM), the Fastest Man Alive. I was recruited into the Blue Corps during the pivotal end of Blackest Night in an attempt to bolster the Emotional Spectrum Corps because I symbolize Hope for many of the DC Heros.

So I obviously got the coolest Blue Lantern ever because The Flash is quite awesome and Barry Allen is the Greatest … Flash … Ever. /off Comic Book Guy.

I did not claim my power based on you statement at the top of 1712 where you discussed clarifying my power later. If you want a full claim I’ll do so.

--
Stove-Gar wrote:Am I the only one not buying that Kast had a color change ability and JOAT? Srsly.
Obviously not since he had already started amassing votes after his claim. My question to you is –

1. If you don’t believe him what does that mean. Do you think he’s Black? Orange? Red? Yellow?

--
Kdub wrote:You've got to be joking. How much more obvious a protection target can you get than a confirmed mason and several people who had softclaimed investigative roles?
You are barking up the wrong tree here Kdub. Kast approaches the game from the standpoint that he knows better than anyone else how all roles should be handled. In B&B Mafia he repeated argued that the choices I made as a role-thief indicated I was scum because he knew the best way to use that sort of ability as Town. He’s going to argue till he’s blue in the face (get it … it’s a color based pun) that his decision was the best choice.

--

Regarding Kast’s claim and his Night action dump

On the face of it , flavor wise only anyway, Kast’s claim isn’t completely absurd given that Ganthet is a Guardian of the Universe and thus one of the most powerful beings in existence. I could certainly see a buffed, two stage JOAT being in line with Ganthet. On the other side of the coin it is also a plausible fake-claim for Larfleeze, Nekron or Scar (who are the only logical remaining Black Recruiter suspects). Null over all.

Regarding his Night Choices I find them suspect in several ways –

1. They are all un-confirmable at this stage, and only the Black Cop / Immunization could be proven wrong down the line.
2. Choosing not to Doc confirmed Town Starbuck N2 or likely confirmed PRs and instead track xvart is suspect.
3. Choosing to throw away a Doc shot based on a nebulous Mod PM with he did not know the results when changing from Blue to Green also is suspect.

Finally, unrelated to the night choices the seeming contradiction in his Black Recruitor / No Black Recruitor as pointed out by Dekes and KK is also telling.
Kast wrote:Probably no Black Recruiter specifically (or actually Plum may be directing from beyond the grave...but I doubt anyone will believe that).
So you think the Black Lantern angle is either handled by Plum from beyond the grave or is a non-player, Mod driven mechanic?

I think the Plum angle is very unlikely since we’ve proven not to be able to vote actively for Plum. I don’t see the Mod including a player that was ‘dead’ but still active in the game that could not be dealt with directly by Town. Yes, I did see your 1-shot resurrector angle argument. Including a one-shot ability that could easily be wasted by mis-use or the death of the holder before Plum as the only method for 'dealing' with the dead Black Recruitor is very implausible.

And I don’t see a Mod-directed Black Lantern mechanic as anything other than Bastard Modding which was not indicated in any way during sign-ups or the start of the game. If it is the case mark me as officially pissed at the Mods.

@Kast
– I don’t recall Ganthet having any special powers to buffer people against the influence of Black Lantern rings in the source material. Is this correct in your flavor knowledge?
Kast wrote:Don't buy this at all. That's like claiming you're Yoshi or something in a Super Mario Bros 3 Theme Game.
Why wouldn’t you buy it when we already have evidence that one character (Tomar Re) alive and kicking in the game who was dead two decades before Blackest Night. At this stage I think you are tying your thought processes to closely to what ‘must be’ based on the flavour (again). Looking to fill out the Indigo Corps and having to look outside the strict Blackest Night comics to other Green Lantern material isn't unreasonable.

Honestly I couldn’t say for sure if all the Indigos or Violet secondard characters actually made appearances in the Blackest Night series itself.

--
AGM wrote:1) Ironic seeing you are the one who just finished dropping off the game and were a high pick for scum. Glad to see you've stopped lurking now that the heat is off you.
Lulz. I didn’t post over a 48 period (Saturday and Sunday) due to out-of-game circumstances (my basement flooding, which I mentioned immediately Monday in my first post). Did you look at all my other active games before you try to insinuate I was lurking out pressure? No, because you would have seen I didn’t post in any of them, INCLUDING MY GAME I AM RUNNING, in that period. Furthermore looking at my post history shows a compete gap between Friday Jan 21 and Monday Jan 24. So I didn’t even post in non-game threads during that period.

Scummy attempt to turn active lurking accusation aimed at you around at your accuser noted. Also noted that your defense in no way tried to argue against the fact that you’ve provided almost no content game-wise other than –

1. Bussing your partner Sensfan.
2. Stating you would wait for the ‘big boys’ to do their thing.
AGM wrote:2) There is nothing TO engage because everything is A) speculation which I know to be false and B) Andy using MAGIC POWERZ which I don't know how to work.
Bullshit. Town doesn’t have a reason to stop scum-hunting regardless if others are ‘confirmed’. Scum, however, has every reason to stay out of the way as long as they are not in the line of fire of said ‘confirmed’ players. Which is exactly what you were doing until your name as obv-Red suddenly started popping up as a potential lynch candidate.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:15 am

Post by The Stove »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Obviously not since he had already started amassing votes after his claim. My question to you is –

1. If you don’t believe him what does that mean. Do you think he’s Black? Orange? Red? Yellow?
Our guess is he's Yellow.

To expand on AGar's thought process a bit - I think town's best shot is to maximize crossfire tonight. We've done a good job of narrowing down who the scum most likely are, and it's in those factions' best interests to eliminate each other. In this thinking our best bet is to kill off a Yellow and hope that they do a good job blowing each other to pieces while the rest of us are sleeping.

What happened to 2.? :eek:

P.S. We agree nopoint is very likely SK though he'd also make a fine recruiter.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Kast »

@Dekes-
-I'd much rather not have Black Lanterns trying to kill/lynch/Recruit/RB/do-anything-to me. Claiming from the get go kinda screws that up.
How stupid do you think we are? Honestly.
You are proving yourself to be very much ;)
If KDub uses his power on unannounced target A, I redirect to Andy, then unless I recruited both KDub, Andy, AND target A, there's outside confirmation from two other people. Same holds with Andy and KDub switched.
KK wrote:No, stupid. You already made reference to my character being listed on the Indigo Lantern wikipedia page despite the fact that the character wasn't in the series.
And if you looked at a Generic Wiki about members of the mushroom kingdom, you'd see Yoshi there even though he doesn't appear until Super Mario World. Shane Thompson doesn't make an appearance until well after the Blackest Night is finished and done with.
Neat. Kast is now claiming that the Black Lantern cult is a figment of our imagination, despite the fact that his "role" specifically lists an immunity to their recruitment.
This is just playing stupid. There may be a Black Recruiter, or it may be a mechanic controlled by Plum, or some non-player controlled mechanic.
-Redirection and bus driving are completely different abilities.

@MoI-
I raised the point of reviving William Hand as the flavor solution from comics, but I don't think it's particularly likely that there is a reviver. I think the primary mechanic for dealing with it is probably a combination of my protection ability and probably scum immunity limiting black growth.
MoI wrote:And I don’t see a Mod-directed Black Lantern mechanic as anything other than Bastard Modding which was not indicated in any way during sign-ups or the start of the game. If it is the case mark me as officially pissed at the Mods.
I don't see it as any worse than including a secret cult recruitment into a semi-open game.
@Kast – I don’t recall Ganthet having any special powers to buffer people against the influence of Black Lantern rings in the source material. Is this correct in your flavor knowledge?
That is correct.
Why wouldn’t you buy it when we already have evidence that one character (Tomar Re) alive and kicking in the game who was dead two decades before Blackest Night. At this stage I think you are tying your thought processes to closely to what ‘must be’ based on the flavour (again). Looking to fill out the Indigo Corps and having to look outside the strict Blackest Night comics to other Green Lantern material isn't unreasonable.
Dana has come out and publicly admitted Tomar Re was a mistake. Shane Thompson isn't an indigo lantern. He was the host for the Indigo entity. Ray Palmer and Indigo-1 are the two most high profile Indigo Lanterns; KK's prolly BSing Shane Thompson to avoid a counterclaim from Dekes.
Show

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Kdub
– Now that we’ve formalized that you are the only Blue Lantern who could be handing out inventions (as Andy claimed with his Arisa shot) will you confirm or deny that you provided Jack with an invention that would explain his and Sensfan’s deaths on Night 3?

--
Stove wrote:What happened to 2.?
Number 2 was answered in post 1738 (regarding whether PZ agreed with AGar) and thus was edited out when I saw that post on preview.

--
Kast wrote:I don't see it as any worse than including a secret cult recruitment into a semi-open game.
So you don’t see the difference between –

1. A mod directed mechanic that ostensibly penalizes the Town (by segregating the Town into two faction which cannot win together) but does not affect Scum and that neither Town nor Scum has any significant way to deal with.

and

2. A cult in a game that was not expressly indicated at game’s start but is player driven and thus can be dealt with in any number of ways (lynching, Cops / Trackers / other Information roles, kills).
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Dekes »

Kast wrote:@Dekes-
-I'd much rather not have Black Lanterns trying to kill/
lynch
/Recruit/RB/do-anything-to me. Claiming from the get go kinda screws that up.
And what makes you sure, this won't happen while you're trying to prove yourself by redirecting tonight?
Kast wrote:You are proving yourself to be very much ;)
If KDub uses his power on unannounced target A, I redirect to Andy, then unless I recruited both KDub, Andy, AND target A, there's outside confirmation from two other people. Same holds with Andy and KDub switched.
Why did I know you'd specifically pick out this point? :roll:
This would just mean outguessing Andy here. Do you think Andy referred to himself when he was talking about the "Blue Brother" action or not? You'd only need to hit the Blue Brother for your plan to work. And even if not, this could just be you sacrificing yourself because you got caught and you're just trying to gain another night for another recruitment.

But, fine, let's try this: How likely do you believe is it that the Black cult leader is among the remaining players? Who do you think it could be and why?
The Stove wrote:Our guess is he's Yellow.
What makes you think that?
And why do you believe it's better to lynch yellow today instead of lynching off the last member of a scum faction/the black cult leader?

@KK
Does your flavor indicate in any way why you're part of the Blackest Night here?
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Dekes »

One other thing, Kast.
You say that KK made up a rather obscure name in fear of getting cc'd. So what does that make him exactly? If he's scum do you think he a) didn't get a mod provided fakeclaim, b) was provided a poor fakeclaim of a character not taking part in the Blackest Night that could expose him or c) ignored the mod given fakeclaim and made up his own?
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Kast »

@MoI-
1. A mod directed mechanic that ostensibly penalizes the Town
(by segregating the Town into two faction which cannot win together) but does not affect Scum and that
neither Town
nor Scum has any significant way to deal with.
Bold is common to both possibilities. Italicized is not true. Town has a PR who can prevent townies from being recruited.
A cult in a game that was not expressly indicated at game’s start
but
is player driven and thus can be dealt with in any number of ways (lynching, Cops / Trackers / other Information roles, kills)
Underlined is equally bastard modding for both cases. Italicized portion deals equally with Black Recruits in either situation. Black Recruiter as a player can potentially be dealt with by PRs, Black recruitment as a result William Hand's death can similarly be dealt with by PRs and further dealt with by straight up careful play.

They aren't identical cases, but they're both bastard modding in the sense that we're playing a semi-open game and the Black Lanterns go contradict the open aspects.

@Dekes-
Dekes wrote:And what makes you sure, this won't happen while you're trying to prove yourself by redirecting tonight?
Non-sequitor. If the Black Lanterns control any means to mess with me (e.g. Kill/Recruit/RB/etc.), I'm sure they'll try it. There's nothing I can do about that, and it's irrelevant to the point in discussion.
This would just mean outguessing Andy here. Do you think Andy referred to himself when he was talking about the "Blue Brother" action or not? You'd only need to hit the Blue Brother for your plan to work. And even if not, this could just be you sacrificing yourself because you got caught and you're just trying to gain another night for another recruitment.
So, you realized that your objection was flawed but you pushed it anyway. Confirmation bias much?
-To be clear, by "outguessing Andy" you mean I've planned ahead for being caught and already recruited Blue Brother?
-I think Andy was
probably
referring to KDub as Blue Brother with the next most likely that Spyrex copied Andy's power and used it on Andy (and prior to Stove's claim, he was another candidate for Blue Brother).
-Agreed that if I were a Black Recruiter, I could be flat out lying to get another night. If I had a night action that flat out confirmed me as non-Black to every living player, it would be indistinguishable from lying to get another night. If you're already determined to believe I'm lying and will just push that regardless of any evidence to the contrary, then there's no point to furthering that discussion.
--Also, unless you think I've already recruited BOTH Andy and Kdub, then they've both claimed PRs with demonstrable abilities for their targets. I can demonstrate redirection of either one (they can choose) to a target of their choice with a secret initial target as insurance/verification. If you honestly think I've recruited BOTH Andy and Kdub, then I can see where you're coming from, otherwise, it sounds like you're just raising the bar every time I top it.

Please clarify though:
-You think I'm a Black Recruiter who has been recruiting since N1?
--This would mean I control 3 votes with scum controlling another 4 and only 4 townies left.
--This also means that if Toog didn't get night-killed, I would control 4/11 votes today and a majority of votes from D5 forwards; meanwhile town wouldn't even have a hint that Black Lanterns exist.
---Additionally all of my recruits have perfect safe claims if any of them get in trouble (which if there's any communication between the Black Lanterns, means each one has access to all of those safe claims).
-If this is what you think, then who do you think I have/would have recruited?
Who do you think it could be and why?
KK's gotta be either the last Red or, if there is a Black cult recruiter, then the Black Recruiter.
As far as how likely that there is a player Black Recruiter; I don't think it is at all plausible that there was recruiting prior to William Hand's death. William Hand enabling Black Lanterns is a CORE aspect of the Blackest Night Series. Given that, it seems unlikely that there would be a dedicated Black Recruiter who just had to wait around until Plum died (a Black Lantern searching to kill Plum in order to recruit is another possibility).

@KK fake claiming-
(c) I'm guessing he got a Green fake-claim (potentially Violet or Blue, but I'm doubting Indigo). Since he claimed late/last (Kdub had essentially claimed Blue), Indigo was the only group with less than 4 members.
Show

The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:23 am

Post by The Stove »

Dekes wrote:What makes you think that?
Process of elimination.

Magna: Yellow
KageLord: Red
nopoint: OJ
AGM: Black
Dekes wrote:And why do you believe it's better to lynch yellow today instead of lynching off the last member of a scum faction/the black cult leader?
....did you miss the whole paragraph where I explained this very freaking thing?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Andrius »

I feel like Kast and nopoint are the big claims here. Most likely to be something anti-town to be sure. Then KageLord, just from that. Hrm

@ KK: I think assuming Black can't kill is reasonable. For now.

I like Stove's "let's kill scum wherever they are to be found and let them kill black" but we can't really trust them to do anything, let alone kill black.
Kdub wrote: @Andy/Kdub-
You're assuming that
I'm
not the Blue Brother and he's the lesser of us two. :P

JUST NOTICED SOMETHING. Kast, our actions resolve BEFORE standard NAR. Once a target is chosen then they get the goodies immediately.

Kast, do your abilities work unconditionally? Do they work on everyone all the time?
KK wrote: Sorry, missed this on the first read-through. I'm Shane Thompson, Indigo Operative.
That wasn't a call for you TO claim. That was a "give a Y/N for the claim". Oh well. What's done is done.
KK wrote: Neat. Kast is now claiming that the Black Lantern cult is a figment of our imagination, despite the fact that his "role" specifically lists an immunity to their recruitment.
I lol'd. :lol:
nopoint wrote: So Kast's claim is doubtful. Let's wait for the rest of the claims so Andy could see what's black.
Kast
You
Every claimed VT

List looks like that on a quick run-down.

OH LOOK ITS PIDGEY.
MoI wrote: At this point I’d really like a NoPoint lynch as I think he is Larfleeze the Night Action Immune Serial Killer.
I honestly feel like he's a good bet. Because if we kill Black the scumbags will have no other people to kill than us (and each other, but).

Magna: Oh. When I asked you to claim I was thinking fullclaim. I figured you were The Flash (and I was rather jealous of that fact, whereas I got some guy I didn't know lol).
Magna wrote: till he’s blue in the face (get it … it’s a color based pun
I liked it. :lol:
Magna wrote: And I don’t see a Mod-directed Black Lantern mechanic as anything other than Bastard Modding which was not indicated in any way during sign-ups or the start of the game. If it is the case mark me as officially pissed at the Mods.
This. I think we've narrowed it down to one of us, and IF it is a mod mechanic there will be some VERY angry Blue Lanterns at the end of this game. :/
Magna wrote: @Kdub – Now that we’ve formalized that you are the only Blue Lantern who could be handing out inventions (as Andy claimed with his Arisa shot) will you confirm or deny that you provided Jack with an invention that would explain his and Sensfan’s deaths on Night 3?
Ssshhhh. There's no reason to do that. Me and Kdub are working magic here.
I will confirm that one of us was responsible for giving Jack the kill that he presumably used on SensFan.
Dekes wrote: This would just mean outguessing Andy here. Do you think Andy referred to himself when he was talking about the "Blue Brother" action or not? You'd only need to hit the Blue Brother for your plan to work. And even if not, this could just be you sacrificing yourself because you got caught and you're just trying to gain another night for another recruitment.
I like this guy. ;)

I feel like we can all agree on nopoint as SK, yes?
I've narrowed down who I'll be walking with tonight, so.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Kast »

@Andy-
You're assuming that I'm not the Blue Brother and he's the lesser of us two.
Please read carefully. I explicitly stated I think Blue Brother is either Andy OR Kdub. You are Andy. I have no clue what you mean by lesser of the two. I'm offering a means to prove that I am a PR since you think demonstrable PR-ness is sufficient proof of being a non-Black Recruiter.

-My redirection should happen before everything except for RB targeting me.

-My RB, Track, and Doc were all standard abilities. My redirect itself works unconditionally, but if I redirect an ability that has conditions, and the conditions are not met as a result of the redirection, then the ability will fail. From Kdub and your soft claiming, I'm guessing you both have abilities that power up others and that might be dependent on color and/or PR/Operative status. If I redirected an ability that only works on Operatives to a non-Operative, then it would not work (ie. the non-Operative would not gain a power or whatever the ability does). However, I if the ability does not have a specific condition, but is just has targeting limitations, my redirect can allow a player to target someone they normally couldn't (specifically, this refers to self-targeting; e.g. I could redirect a standard doc to himself). My Black/non-Black Cop ability works unconditionally. My Protection against Black Recruitment only works on people who are not Black (using it on someone who is already Black does not "cure" them and simply has no effect).
I lol'd.
I hope that was at KK's literacy failure.

@Redirecting-
If you want to test it, let me know.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”