XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by XScorpion »

PI it's kind of hard to say I'm 'twisting everything [you] say' when what you say is pretty vague and hard to understand.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by pappums rat »

LynchMePls wrote:
PI wrote:ThAdmiral however has been giving me bad vibes throughout. Dont actually know why
Maybe because of recent statements from other players expressing negative opinions of you, you figure he's an easy counterwagon to yours? Seriously people, look at this quote. This is just AWFUL.
qft.

also i think its kind of funny how she then puts out a wall post after having been prodded to do so. furcolow has not quelled my suspicions yet, but i will

unvote
vote poisonivy
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by Furcolow »

i don't see how i have any suspicions i need to quell
if you have a problem with me reading... or typing... by all means
let me know the problem you have with me or with my play
and i will attempt to adjust it if necessary
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Day I, Vote Count IV

PoisonIvy - 10 -
DavidParker, XScorpion, bvoigt, LynchMePls, Artem, gonnano, EGL, Beasts of the Sea, ThAdmiral, pappums rat
bvoigt - 1 -
Stephoscope
Furcolow - 3 -
Scott Brosius, smargaret, Sathoris
julienvonwolfe - 1 -
Furcolow
jmj3000 - 1 -
LlamaFluff
EGL - 1 -
julienvonwolfe
gonnano - 1 -
Lowell
ThAdmiral - 2 -
nachomma8, RedCoyote
XScorpion - 1 -
PoisonIvy

Not Voting - 3 -
themanhimself, Ghostwriter, jmj3000

With twenty-four of you alive thirteen votes will lynch. The day will end on Sunday February 20th at 9am GMT.

Last edited by CallMeLiam on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
PoisonIvy
PoisonIvy
Goon
PoisonIvy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Post by PoisonIvy »

I would just like to point out Furcolow is abstaining from my wagon.
Ive seen him play as town and he is one who bounds ahead regardless of anyones welfare but his own. Ive not seen this side to him and we have only played together as towns. His "early questining stage slash whatever he called it" was not something i have ever seen from him and he is for the moment acting too cautious for my liking. Apart from this, i understand i may be bouncing with the read/slight read i have on him. But i think that in comparision with how ive seen him play as ruthless, that he has a high chance of being anti town. He is scummy and he will after my death continue to drag people down.

Lastly. My reads have been given. If i had to pick scum from my wagon i woulf pick.... Xscorpion (FYI you ask for clarification and nothing you have tried to twist is exactly THAT complex), pappumus rat (late wagon jumper)and beasts of the sea(aggressively pushing other peoples opinions, with no question of who and why people are on my wagon)

My town reads stand.

If anyone would require a role claim do take care to let me know but its nothing that special. Let alone save me.
Kay guise? Thanx for your times!

~Ivy.
Queen Of Clubs.
PoisonIvy
PoisonIvy
Goon
PoisonIvy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by PoisonIvy »

PS. Rat. I was NOT prodded. I was out drinking, sobered up and participated. There is nothing too hard to understand as someone having a social life.
Queen Of Clubs.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by Furcolow »

unvote;
vote: poisonivy

fix your case on me?
i guess i'm not ruthless enough for you?
perhaps, you know, i'm not trying to steal the show
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Post by Furcolow »

L-2
PoisonIvy
PoisonIvy
Goon
PoisonIvy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:40 am

Post by PoisonIvy »

What no role claim demands Furcolow?

I have never known you to not try to steal the show.

Then again, i have never played with you as scum either.
Queen Of Clubs.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:08 am

Post by pappums rat »

poisonivy-i didnt mean prodded by the mod, i meant prodded into doing a wall post by furcolow. sorry for the confusion.

unvote
vote furcolow

do you even suspect poisonivy? that seems like a total omgus vote by furcolow, or maybe just 'to save his own skin' as he said earlier. in any case, he is more anti-town than pi, and when he did his 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzz' post instead of defending himself i knew we were not going to get anything useful out of him.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:35 am

Post by DavidParker »

furc is more anti town, but pi is much scummier. it doesnt surprise me that furc is voting for PI regardless of alignment.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Furcolow »

pappums rat wrote:poisonivy-i didnt mean prodded by the mod, i meant prodded into doing a wall post by furcolow. sorry for the confusion.

unvote
vote furcolow

do you even suspect poisonivy? that seems like a total omgus vote by furcolow, or maybe just 'to save his own skin' as he said earlier. in any case, he is more anti-town than pi, and when he did his 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzz' post instead of defending himself i knew we were not going to get anything useful out of him.
Furcolow wrote:i don't see how i have any suspicions i need to quell
if you have a problem with me reading... or typing... by all means
let me know the problem you have with me or with my play
and i will attempt to adjust it if necessary
respond to this, please, PR.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Furcolow »

Also, I'm voting PI because of this logical fallacy:
"I would just like to point out Furcolow is abstaining from my wagon.
Ive seen him play as town and he is one who bounds ahead regardless of anyones welfare but his own."
The first sentence of her case

If she flips scum, which now she is at L-3 (don't let this wagon stall, guys), we have someone who is jumping off and trying to deter her wagon, putting me at L-9(?)

@PI
your play here is completely different from in Cookie Thief mafia, where you flipped town, while mine is very similar for the first couple pages - I dropped a few bombs on the town to get a reaction test, which worked against me and was ill-advised, which fits into my town meta

However, you have not been flailing and walling all over the thread, it feels more like you are getting coached and your wagon is getting deterred by Pappums Rat. I'm not pushing this as being a complete associative tell, as he really might have just wanted to flip flop three times in a row as town, but I view THAT as being way more anti-town if PoisonIvy flips scum (which I believe she will!)
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:49 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Being deterred by Rat? How so? The statement on this page aside, the last time Rat said something about this wagon in a negative way was when he called your hop onto it as bad. Which was true. You either soft-claimed while doing it, or honestly suggested that your anti-town ass dying was a bad thing.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Furcolow »

Unvoting in and of itself is deterring the wagon. It was at L-2, now it is at L-3, and he is mudslinging on the 2nd most wagon while jumping on it. How is that not deterring? Every aspect of it SCREAMS deterring/buddying/scumteam to me.

If you don't hold stock in associative tells, that's fine, put me at L-8 or L-7 or whatever. I really don't mind dying in this game whatsoever, as the tone has been majorly snooty, my role is questionable, and I am from a country I don't want to be from.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:33 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Yay, more softclaiming! Because that's what we asked for! And ATE to top it off like a cherry on a sundae!
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Furcolow »

you could respond to my first paragraph, too
that would be nice
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:49 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Mudslinging? He posted decent reasons to get off the wagon and vote you. Both times. You only give a damn because you're the second largest wagon and you're trying not to die, regardless of your ATE statements claiming otherwise.
Beasts of the Sea
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Beasts of the Sea »

Llama 79 - I don't like this post much. Furcolow is obv town in my eyes, and even mincing words with him over trivial things (clarity of reads) doesn't sit well with me. However, LF's later post against jmj is solid.
Sathoris wrote:
Unvote
random day one vote.
Why did you feel the need to quantify your unvote as it being a random vote? This is just strange to me.
gonnano wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm having second thoughts about the PI wagon -- it's taken off a little too quickly for my tastes. I still think PI seems scummy, but in the past my scum reads have been pretty terrible, so I'm going to play this one by the numbers.

Furcolow is steadily becoming more and more scummy to me: the "meta" appraisal of PI, the whole RQS deal... and this.
furcolow wrote:I am going to put my vote on the first alphabetically to have not posted.
What?! It's WAY too early in the game to say who's a lurker and who just had a busy couple of days IRL. You're just trying to substitute a policy vote for actual scumhunting.
Scum post: 1. unvotes (inexplicably); 2. smears Furcolow; and 3. doesn't vote Furcolow?! . If PI is still scummy, but Furculow is rising, why not vote him? I don't like the unvote for obvious reasons, as PI isn't really in danger of being lynched soonish, so why the bail? Possible PI scum buddy here.

gonnano
- what do you think of Artem?
pappums rat wrote:
unvote
vote furcolow

i agree that his 3rd question would be more informative to scum than town, and his comment about day talking scum is bad.
This vote is terrible. Did you not think of this when you were answering the questions the first time through or is this just a bad bandwagon vote?
DavidParker wrote:Furc seems to be living upto his anti-town reputation fairly well.
Fluff post.
Artem wrote:I don't get the bit about bussing. Where does that even come from? Why should I be suggesting that you're bussing just because we're voting for the same person? ARE you bussing?
Well, you said I was suspicious for the way I joined the wagon that you are also on; so do you think I am bussing my partner PoisonIvy? Otherwise it doesn't make any sense.
Artem wrote:There's no "detail why it is beneficial to lynch Furculow". There's a blurb about policy-lynching both Fur and Lowell. Since each player has one vote only, it's natural to pick one of the two. (And for what it's worth, I've played with Lowell before and policy-lynch is not completely off-base (sorry, Lowell), though you don't necessarily have the same experience, so this is nothing more than a side-note.)
First, PoisonIvy said nothing about policy lynching Lowell, so can you show me where you got that idea? Her vote was clearly a random vote, based on the premise that Lowell has been scum in every game they have played together.
Artem wrote:The real question is why are you singling out PoisonIvy over other players who started with policy-lynch votes? (For example, RedCoyote's vote for XScorpion) Are you focused on PI because she suggested two targets for policy-lynch instead of one, or because her wagon was the biggest, or what?
I don't see the policy behind RedCoyote's vote, but even if the policy is "can't be fooled by XScorpion again" the difference is he followed up his policy
with a vote
. PoisonIvy did not. She suggested a policy lynch and then went on a random vote. The scum motivation behind suggesting a policy lynch on Furcolow is obvious. Furc, as town, is obvious mislynch bait for obvious reasons. She was testing the waters to see if any of the other players would agree and get a bandwagon rolling for an easy lynch.
Artem wrote:I fail to see how somebody wanting to join the wagon they initiated is a scumtell? If anything, it's putting their money where their mouth is.
The whole point is that if she felt the policy lynch was legitimate she would have voted for him immediately instead of random voting someone.
DavidParker wrote:Well, I find him scummy but he's buddying me pretty hard so I'm okay not voting him for now.
Another classic post by DP. Sarcasm, but no real answer given for the original question.
PoisonIvy wrote:@DavidParker. Question. If i was was HYPOTHETICALLY scum. I would have stuck Russians in there for what? To give the town more information? I can seriously see the scum motivation so early in the day ((sarcasm))
Why the emphasis on hypothetically? Isn't it enough saying "if I was scum"?
PoisonIvy wrote:Xscorpion is give me the heepie jeebies by twisting everything i say. By claiming i "want" to be investigated. When what i said was that i had no qualms about being investigated if someone with the ability felt uneasy about my presence. It is not a INVESTIGATAE ME NOW. But the individuals choice.
Again, isn't it already the individuals choice to investigate you without inviting it?
PoisonIvy wrote:Beasts of the sea just drop kicks into my wagon without any analysis of ANY of the other players. He does address EGL and Llama but does not question POINT BLANK, if my wagon is scum motivated and builds on other players thoughts to vote me without giving any real insight of his own.
I provided plenty of my own insight as to why I think
you
are scum, and I notice you didn't respond to any of it. Why would I question if your wagon is scum motivated if I think you are scum?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Furcolow »

im perfectly fine with a davidparker lynch
ive been saying that all game
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:09 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

InflatablePie replaces themanhimself
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Furcolow »

good. trading a good town player for a detriment. I like that.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:44 am

Post by InflatablePie »

... I'll take that as a compliment, fur.

Too lazy to read through right now, but I'll get to it by the end of the night.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Furcolow »

yeah, TMH is anti-town from my perspective, and you are a good player.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Artem »

pi wrote: Artem states a summary against furcolow but votes me and just looks like he's trying to have his cake and eat it by saying im WIFOMing a potential influencial role like a cop, would a vig not count no?
Oh the irony... isn't "giving a summary on one player and voting another" the reason why Beasts voted you? Regarding the second bit, let me ask you this: what is the pro-town motivation for bringing up investigations (cop, vig, whatever) so early in the game? You talk about investigation on you in your ISO 2, right after somebody points out something suspicious in your ISO 1. Godfather is what popped into my head when I first saw that.
pi wrote: ThAdmiral however has been giving me bad vibes throughout. Dont actually know why but what he's saying sounds like scum to me. Equally lowell still seems like scum but lowell's an easy enough lynch ThAdmiral scares me.
So, are YOU trying to have your cake and eat it? Why is Lowell scum in your text, but not at the bottom of the post, when you give the list? Similarly, I don't get the ThAdmiral wagon and am yet to see a reason that is not "vibe"-based. As LynchMePls pointed out, you're simply echoing this FOTM sentiment without giving any solid reasons of your own (which was EXACTLY your problem with Beasts of the Sea's vote on you.)

This is just a vortex of hypocrisy aimed at keeping your options open.
pi wrote: Ive seen him play as town and he is one who bounds ahead regardless of anyones welfare but his own.
He's thrown a fit and put his own survival over the scumhunting goal of the town with his #120. I feel like that seems to fit your meta on him.

@Furcolow and PoisonIvy: Can either of you post a link to the game you're both keep referring to (unless, of course, it's in progress)?
Beasts wrote: First, PoisonIvy said nothing about policy lynching Lowell, so can you show me where you got that idea? Her vote was clearly a random vote, based on the premise that Lowell has been scum in every game they have played together.
I reread the post and I can see how you may view it as a random vote. I read it as a policy vote (as well as RedCoyote's vote). May be just a matter of different interpretations. I also don't necessarily think that policy and random votes are that different at the beginning of the game.
Beasts wrote: Well, you said I was suspicious for the way I joined the wagon that you are also on; so do you think I am bussing my partner PoisonIvy? Otherwise it doesn't make any sense.
Now, here's the bit that I find strange and suspicious and which suggests that you have inside information.

From my point of view, there are four options:
1. PI is town, you're town;
2. PI is town, you're scum;
3. PI is scum, you're town;
4. PI is scum, you're scum.

Option #4 is the only place where bussing would occur. Since I don't know either of your alignments, why should I be bringing up bussing? Why are YOU bringing up bussing?

(And for what it's worth, if you're scum, I think option #2 is more likely than #4, because your posts just don't read like bussing. Though at the moment, I still rank PI as more suspicious than you, hence a vote on her and a FoS on you.)
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”