Mini 14 ~ Mafia Holographica (Game Over!)

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:20 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

The ting that made the town lose was not knowing the gama pulse changed.

If we knew it killed a player we could have prepared for it better.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 am

Post by Feysal »

Wait, how did this end so soon? I knew my odds of success were low, but I still had a chance of winning. If I stalled and dodged, if I managed to pick up a better weapon from a random drop, I could've either killed Furcolow, or taken him with me, before the Gamma Pulse was ready again. I had a strategy planned for this and everything, with some luck it could've worked. How did the item drops work anyway? What was that last module no one got to pick up?

And, if the Gamma Pulse was an offensive module, how did it get fired at Gammagooey when both Furcolow and VasudeVa had used an offensive ability already that day? I was actually counting on it being used today, since the average HP was so low it should not have killed Gammagooey.

At least I can say I caught both mafia members when no one else did. I had pegged Furcolow as scum already before Plum flipped with CKD, and VasudeVa was one of two null reads. One more flip of his stance regarding vezokpiraka, and I became sure he was scum. 50% success rate at identifying scum in early game? Not bad at all, if I may say so.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:41 am

Post by Furcolow »

you then attacked with two tri attacks dealing me 0 damage
i'm not buying your story
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:48 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

good game scum, you had me fooled.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:00 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #1427 wrote:you then attacked with two tri attacks dealing me 0 damage
i'm not buying your story
You're not buying my story? You don't believe I could've beaten you? You just made me more confident I could've beaten you. You keep wondering how, I might have pulled it off.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:04 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Furcolow is really into this 'I WILL BELIEVE I AM TOWN' thing. >.>

Feysal, we asked Vi about our wincon. She said she'll call it at 1scum/1Town. It was why I didn't even try to do anything when I saw everyone was moving into Furc's range.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:30 am

Post by Vi »

Feysal wrote:Wait, how did this end so soon? I knew my odds of success were low, but I still had a chance of winning.
No you didn't. You needed a weapon to come that would do enough damage to kill Furcolow outright, and it wasn't coming for weeks. I wasn't going to let this game stall for months until you felt secure in stepping into certain death.
And, if the Gamma Pulse was an offensive module, how did it get fired at Gammagooey when both Furcolow and VasudeVa had used an offensive ability already that day? I was actually counting on it being used today, since the average HP was so low it should not have killed Gammagooey.
Gamma Pulse was Factional/Special. I said Offense because that's what it will be in the next version of the game, and I can understand the confusion, so... *removes*

The scumkill being changed should have been obvious from the inHim kill, since VV was kind enough to point out that it didn't work as advertised.

It's worth noting that Feysal's day 1 strategy would have broken the game had it been stuck to, but lol, that didn't happen.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

vezokpiraka wrote:The ting that made the town lose was not knowing the gama pulse changed.

If we knew it killed a player we could have prepared for it better.
That wasnt' why the town lost.

Biggest issues in this game were 1) allowing people to pull stupid shit and get away with it, and (ironically) 2) not being able to separate stupid scummy from stupid town.

Furc was obviously playing to his scum meta when he wasn't doing shit. I said this early in the game, but I let him off when he had his phone posting business here and in other games. If that was an intentional play, kind of disappointed in you Furc since that is bordering on gaming V/LA for an advantage...but oh well. Vas should have been killed much sooner and I'm not really even sure why he was allowed to live so long. I would have enjoyed him dead shortly after Plum really just because he was doing nothing at all, which is kind of what I expected the scum to do here.

Gamma and Fate, you ignored gandalf! So much so that even I was starting to get convinced one of you was scum :P. Death filled games require town trust more than anything else. You have forsaken the fellowship with your infighting.

Feysal, I think people were suspicious of you because you were pretty heavily focused on the strategy stuff. Obviously that's how you play, but it was hard at times to tell if you were setting plans for town to win or fail because it was all strategy, all the time. I don't know what you really could have done differently other than try to break up the Gamma-Fate word battle that allowed the scum to lurk.

Re: the setup - It was a fun game, but pretty chaotic for mafia. Before the game even started, I suspected the scum would have an advantage in this environment. Vi made the right call with only a two man scum team because three would have been easy to abuse. It was fun overall and thanks for modding, Vi. I know you're hard on yourself about your setups, but this would have been pretty difficult to control no matter what you did due to the sheer number of variables.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Vi »

May as well get the actions out.

PREGAMEchesskid3 - Equips Carbon Resistor
ckd - Receives Plasma Pistol from Welfare
GG - Equips Carbon Resistor
Plum - Begins the game in A2
VV - Equips Rubber Resistor

Day 1ck3 (CR) - Plasma Whips ckd (5 damage)
ckd - Plasma Whips ck3 (4 damage)
Fate - Plasma Whips vezo (5 damage)
Furc - Plasma Pistols Feysal (3 damage)
Plum - Plasma Bursts A1 (2 damage to Fate, TBM, vezo, VPB)
Plum - Moves to B2
vezo - EMPs GG (removes shield)

Day 2Feysal - Tri Attacks three people for no damage.
GG - Plasma Bursts A3 (no targets)
TBM - Plasma Whips VPB for no damage.
VV - Fires EMP south from A2 (hits Plum for 1 damage)
vezo - Fires EMP east from A1 (disables VV's shield)
VPB - Plasma Pistols TBM for no damage.
Module Drop 1 falls in B3.

Day 3ck3 - Plasma Whips Plum (5 damage)
Fate - Spark Saps VPB (2 damage + SAP)
Feysal - fails to use Tri Attack
Furcolow - tries to shoot into an ineligible reason
GG - Plasma Bursts A3 (hits inHim for 2 damage)
GG - Re-equips Carbon Resistor
Plum - Uses Conductance to pick up the module that dropped in B3 - Receives Mirror Shield
Plum - Moves to C2
vezo - EMPs east from A1 (hits nothing)
VPB - P2PLinks inHim

Day 4Fate - fails to use Plasma Whip
Plum - Removes Radio Silence (losing it), uses Mirror Shield
VV - Re-equips Rubber Resistor
VPB - Plasma Pistols Fate (3 damage)
VPB - Loses 1 HP from Spark Sap
Module Drop 2 falls in A2.

Day 5VPB - Loses 1 HP from Spark Sap

Day 6ckd - Plasma Whips Plum (5 damage, mortal)
Fate - Plasma Whips VasudeVa (3 damage)
VV - EMPs vezokpiraka (1 damage)
Module Drop 3 falls in B2.

Day 7Fate - Fails to use Spark Sap
Furcolow - Upgrades Upgrade to Upgrade
GG - Picks up Module Drop 2; revealed to be Plug In
Plum flips SK
VV - Fails to use EMP

Day 8ck3 - Plasma Whips ckd (5 damage, mortal)
ckd - Plasma Whips ck3 (5 damage)
Fate picks up Module Drop 3, revealed to be Data Mine (Remote)
Feysal - P2PLinks inHim (succeeds just long enough for inHim to get Pulsed)
GG - Plasma Bursts B2 (Fate takes 2 damage)
TBM - EMPs ck3 (breaks shield)
TBM - Activates ZapSat (guarding South of position)
VV - Gamma Pulses inHim (20 damage, mortal)
vezo - EMPs inHim (1 damage)
VPB - Plasma Pistols TBM (blocked by ZapSat)
Module Drop 4 falls in region C1

Day 9ckd flips Town
Fate - Sets Data Mine R in B2
Furcolow - Upgrades Upgrade to Upgrade
GG - Plasma Bursts A1 (hitting TBM for 2 damage)
inHim flips Town
VV - EMPs TBM (1 damage)
vezo - EMPs TBM (breaks shield)
VPB - Plasma Pistols TBM (3 damage)
VPB - Loses 1 HP from Spark Sap (mortal)

Day 10ck3 - Re-equips Carbon Resistor
Fate - Spark Saps VV (0 damage)
Fate - Sets off Data Mine R (4 damage to GG)
Feysal - Tri Attacks for no damage
Feysal - Fails to use a module he doesn't have
Furcolow - Plasma Pistols ck3 (2 damage, mortal)
GG - Plasma Bursts region A1 (2 damage to TBM, mortal)
VPB flips Town
Module Drop 5 falls in region A3

Day 11ck3 flips Town
Furcolow - Upgrades Upgrade to Carbon Resistor
GG - Plugs in, moving toward C1
TBM flips Town
VV picks up Module Drop 5, revealed to be Carbon Resistor (useless to him)

Day 12Fate - equips Rubber Resistor
Feysal - Tri Attacks Fate and Furc for no damage, VV at full power (0 damage)
Furcolow - Plasma Pistols Fate (1 damage)
Furcolow - Equips Carbon Resistor
vezo - EMPs an invalid target
Module Drop 6 falls in region B1

Day 13Fate - Plasma Whips VV (3 damage)
vezo - EMPs Gammagooey (disabling shield)

Day 14vezo - EMPs VasudeVa (disabling shield)
Feysal - Tri Attacks Fate for no damage, Furc and VV at full power (1 damage, 2 damage)
Module Drop 7 falls in region C1

Day 15VV - EMPs Fate (disables shield)
Fate - Plasma Whips Furcolow (4 damage)
Furcolow - Plasma Pistols vezo (3 damage, mortal)
Furcolow - Gamma Pulses GG (19 damage, mortal)
GG - Re-equips Carbon Resistor
GG - Plasma Bursts B2 (hitting Fate for 2 damage [mortal], VV for 2 damage [mortal], Furc for 1 damage)
vezo picks up Module Drop 5, revealed to be Welfare, loses Quick Change to pick it up, gains Plasma Pistol from Welfare

Random statistics:

My opinion on the relative power of each role (individually):
Fate > Furcolow > curiouskarmadog > Plum(?) > TheButtonmen > VP Baltar > inHimshallibe > chesskid3 > Feysal = Gammagooey > VasudeVa > vezokpiraka

Most damaging players: (not including Gamma Pulse)
Fate - 23 damage
chesskid3 - 15 damage
Gammagooey - 13 damage
curiouskarmadog - 12 damage
Plum - 8 damage
Furcolow - 7 damage
VP Baltar - 6 damage
VasudeVa - 3 damage, 1 shield
vezokpiraka - 1 damage, 5 shields
Feysal - 1 damage
TheButtonmen - 0 damage, 1 shield
inHimshallibe - 0 damage
Last edited by Vi on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Feysal »

Vi #1431 wrote:You needed a weapon to come that would do enough damage to kill Furcolow outright, and it wasn't coming for weeks. I wasn't going to let this game stall for months until you felt secure in stepping into certain death.
Er, I'm not sure I understand this. I would've needed either a Plasma Pistol or Plasma Whip, and either of them would've allowed me to win. Both are common weapons, I knew I could luck out and grab one of them in the seven days I had. Are you saying you generated several weeks' worth of random items in advance? I guess if you did and there were no weapons for the first week, then I accept the ruling. Otherwise, I have to say there was yet a chance for me to win, particularly if Furcolow got overconfident and slipped up.
Vi #1431 wrote:It's worth noting that Feysal's day 1 strategy would have broken the game had it been stuck to, but lol, that didn't happen.
You mean the strategy proposed by inHim and fleshed out by VP Baltar? I can't claim credit for that one, though I may have been the only one who actively tried to dodge the Gamma Pulse.
VP Baltar #1432 wrote:Feysal, I think people were suspicious of you because you were pretty heavily focused on the strategy stuff. Obviously that's how you play, but it was hard at times to tell if you were setting plans for town to win or fail because it was all strategy, all the time. I don't know what you really could have done differently other than try to break up the Gamma-Fate word battle that allowed the scum to lurk.
Strategizing is my best skill in mafia, and in a setup this complex it was my best play. I felt that trying to scumhunt amidst the chaos was a waste of time, and trying to use the game mechanics to town advantage was the best thing to do. Ironically, when Gammagooey prodded me enough, I actually nailed both mafia in my suspect list.

I can also say that I was suspicious of you early on for exactly the same reason. To me it looked like you were trying to assume leadership and establish yourself as obvtown, but I had no way of knowing whether you actually were town. That made me paranoid about you, up until you displayed knowledge of how the P2P worked.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Vi »

Feysal wrote:
Vi #1431 wrote:You needed a weapon to come that would do enough damage to kill Furcolow outright, and it wasn't coming for weeks. I wasn't going to let this game stall for months until you felt secure in stepping into certain death.
Er, I'm not sure I understand this. I would've needed either a Plasma Pistol or Plasma Whip, and either of them would've allowed me to win. Both are common weapons, I knew I could luck out and grab one of them in the seven days I had. Are you saying you generated several weeks' worth of random items in advance? I guess if you did and there were no weapons for the first week, then I accept the ruling. Otherwise, I have to say there was yet a chance for me to win, particularly if Furcolow got overconfident and slipped up.
That's correct. The first month of random drops was pre-generated. There were no weapons coming for quite a while.
VP Baltar #1432 wrote:Feysal, I think people were suspicious of you because you were pretty heavily focused on the strategy stuff. Obviously that's how you play, but it was hard at times to tell if you were setting plans for town to win or fail because it was all strategy, all the time. I don't know what you really could have done differently other than try to break up the Gamma-Fate word battle that allowed the scum to lurk.
Strategizing is my best skill in mafia, and in a setup this complex it was my best play. I felt that trying to scumhunt amidst the chaos was a waste of time, and trying to use the game mechanics to town advantage was the best thing to do. Ironically, when Gammagooey prodded me enough, I actually nailed both mafia in my suspect list.
That's probably the best way to go - as soon as you have a reason to do so, open fire; and avoid firing on people you don't have reason to shoot.

Why did you spend so much time doing no damage to anyone, though?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Feysal »

Vi #1435 wrote:Why did you spend so much time doing no damage to anyone, though?
My early two shots were for testing purposes, and to show the town what weapon I had. After that, much time was wasted waiting for flips and trying to convince Gammagooey to abandon his fool crusade. And of course, I was fully aware that I had the worst weapon for town purposes in the entire game, and if I got into a shootout with someone with no one to back me up, I'd just get myself killed. I won't hesitate to sacrifice myself if it is the winning play for town, but I won't throw my life away for no purpose.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Feysal wrote:Strategizing is my best skill in mafia, and in a setup this complex it was my best play. I felt that trying to scumhunt amidst the chaos was a waste of time, and trying to use the game mechanics to town advantage was the best thing to do. Ironically, when Gammagooey prodded me enough, I actually nailed both mafia in my suspect list.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I thought you were doing the right thing at first. Town needed an effective strategy to win. I thought you were exceedingly town at first because you were helping me strategize and give us some organization. I think the problem was that you continued down that route after we had come up with the plan to shut down the gamma pulse. The Plum thing bothered me because I thought she looked like obv scum the way she was dodging about, but you defended her at a bad time. Obviously in hindsight I can see better where you are coming from, but at the time it looked more like you were trying to grab town cred when you thought she was going to flip town. It's no big deal though. You're still somewhat new to the site, so it just takes time for people to learn what to expect from you as either alignment.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also I was really confused about you questioning me on P2P after I was dead. :P
YOUR AD HERE

Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Feysal »

VP Baltar #1438 wrote:Also I was really confused about you questioning me on P2P after I was dead. :P
It was your comment about inHim being resurrected that rang a warning bell. I imagined something like scum using their factional weapon to kill each other, and then revive the victim of the kill before the flip, establishing the perfect pro-town cover. I asked about the P2P to be sure you really had that, rather than you and inHim having factional daytalk. I admitted it was an irrational fear, but since it was so easily checked, I asked.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Vi »

Oh right, the big questions.

I know it didn't go entirely without a hitch, but was the setup okay?
Would you be interested in another run? as Mafia or team-play Mish-Mash?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:25 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I'd be interested in a Mish-Mash version.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Fate »

I'd re-do as mafia. The set-up was awesome, apparently I WAS the Town Hero,

AND IF THE ROLE PMS MADE SENSE THIS WOULDA BEEN TOWN IWN A LONG TIME AGO:

1. Shield should've been DEFAULT ON, ffs, that's what I thought immediately when I read my PM. If I had said shield I woulda absorbed most of VP's shot and Gamma's earlier blast.
2. I would've Data Mined VV+??? But DEFINITELY VV, instead of placing it early/unknowingly.

(In related note I SHOULDA not let Feysal-VV paranoia get to me, and shoulda just framed VV with he Data Mine like I INTENDED)

Also your excuse "well VVSCUM told you guys taht gamma wasn't working properly"
1. That gave him artificial town points (that I ignored but Gamma fell for)
2. You LIED explicitly in the sample PM about how a game weapon worked. Its like saying in a SAMPLE PM that a Data Mine is OFFENSIVE, when it is supportive, ergo mod-clearing VV from planting the mine when he shouldn't have been.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Vi »

Fate wrote:1. Shield should've been DEFAULT ON, ffs, that's what I thought immediately when I read my PM. If I had said shield I woulda absorbed most of VP's shot and Gamma's earlier blast.
This opens up a few potentially nasty situations, such as:
*Starting with more than one Shield
*Starting with a Support (reaction) you don't want to have equipped (i.e. Furcolow's Fail Safe, which did nothing until he hit 30% HP and would have blocked him from using other Supports)
and I really DID say "you can equip your shields pregame" and everyone but you did, so etc.
2. You LIED explicitly in the sample PM about how a game weapon worked. Its like saying in a SAMPLE PM that a Data Mine is OFFENSIVE, when it is supportive, ergo mod-clearing VV from planting the mine when he shouldn't have been.
Two mines are Offense (trap) because they trigger automatically. One is Support (covert) because it triggers on command. Now you know.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Fate »

Vote: Vi you're dodging the point which is about how its an example to explain WHY lying about the Gamma Pulse was bad.

I know me not paying attention hurt town, but still.... a remindeer pm that my shield is not on by default wouldn't have been game breaking intervention, it. Would have alowed me to use my role the way rng intended it too
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Vi »

Fate wrote:Vote: Vi you're dodging the point which is about how its an example to explain WHY lying about the Gamma Pulse was bad.
THAT probably was a mistake, and I apologize.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:45 am

Post by chesskid3 »

plz no unnecessary complaining.
it was a fun game
thanks Vi
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:47 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I had fun reading along.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:49 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

That said, I wanna say that I called Furc-scum practically immediately.

VVscum was completely lost on me though.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:45 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I loved the setup.

I am the shield destoryer:))

I dealt the most damage if you had calculated how much each shield would have protected

Game was fun but because of Vi lying to us we had a lot of confusion.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”