silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by silavor »

oh wow you guys are active.
Anyway, CST, and I don't really like either RVS or RQS, but they're necessary evils. Played two games here, and another off-site. I post when I feel it's needed, but I check the site multiple times a day.

Vote:Weapon

for being jumpy, defensive, using IIoA as a scumtell on page
, and because it's still RVS.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 am

Post by silavor »

Aw, you guys aren't very good at detecting sarcastic humor, huh. Live and learn.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:10 am

Post by silavor »

ICEninja wrote: I do, however, agree that his declaration about the RVS being over was a bit silly. I also do agree that him connecting a particularly random RVS vote with distancing is fairly inane (scum do indeed use the RVS to distance themselves from their partner, but quite a few players placed RVS votes, so it is a null tell as town does it as well), but your vote going down seems to be more of irritation than actual scum suspicion.
I'd just like to point out that I think the "issue" of sorts that Implosion pointed out as distancing is that mongoose voted mb53 for "having the lowest number out of any of the players in his name," even though q21 has a lower number, which if mongoose were serious about his vote, would mean mongoose either ignored or forgot about q21. Unless somehow 53<21 in this universe, in which case forget everything I've said, as I'm just a rambling madman.

Also, hey Darth and Neil. I fully agree, Darth, it's been way too long since we've been in a game together.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:57 am

Post by silavor »

Zdenek wrote:
silavor wrote: Aw, you guys aren't very good at detecting sarcastic humor, huh. Live and learn.
So you don't think that WOMC is scummy?
I do, but it's because he's trying to retcon a joke into a scum trap, not because he tried to make a joke vote.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:10 am

Post by silavor »

Zdenek wrote: Which comment did you think was sarcastic humour?'
My own
silavor wrote: Vote:Weapon
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:46 am

Post by silavor »

Warning, massive wall of quotes, not for the feint of heart!
WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote:
Vote: DarthYoshi
for asking too many questions.

I'm EST.
Probably RVS. RQS requires too much thought.
I've played for like a year on various sites.
Alright, so this is the post that's supposedly some sort of scum trap
ICEninja wrote: Weapons, you did something strange there. You voted Yoshi for "asking too many questions", but then you went ahead and answered them.
No shit. IIoA, as they call it?

Unvote, Vote: ICEninja
And this is the post where ICE calls you out, and you vote for him because he fell into your "trap".
silavor wrote:

Now obviously I didn't intend for this to be some sort of scum-catching trap, but there is just as obvious a contradiction in it as there was in your first post.
Nameless wrote:
silavor wrote:

Obvious self-contradiction is obvious. (Justifying your own vote / saying it's still random.)
Oh, would you look at that, I found scum!
Zdenek wrote:
Vote Silavor

Nameless already pointed out the reason. He gives reasons for his vote, but then says that its an RVS vote.
Hey, 2-for-one deal! I got the entire scumteam- oh, wait, but then how is ICE scum, as well?
Obviously
we have three scum in this game! Or, more likely, we have a bunch of townies nitpicking each other's comments to bits because we're only part way through page 2, and the game's been going for less than 24 hours at this point.
DarthYoshi wrote: WoMC: We missed the point? Please, enlighten us.
The point of my first post was half-RVS mood half-trap, which ICE has fallen for. It should've been pretty obvious I contradicted myself there, towards which scum would see the opportunity and try to cast attention to it, as ICE did. As scum, it also continues to make sense for him to push this into a wagon due to others' previously stated suspicion, so ICE is my top scum read at the moment.
This same argument can just as easily be made towards Nameless, since he also managed to get someone to hop on my wagon, Zdenek. The point is, though, unless we have three scum in the game and they would all out themselves so easily, how can we take the case against one of them as "obvscum trying to create a false case", while dropping the others as just being "town pointing out an anomaly"?
mongoose wrote: I dont like this whole discussion about whether contradictions are scummy. It seems pointless, since the contradiction was obviously a joke, it seems.
Obviously a joke, and yet WoMC is taking it seriously.
@Everyone: when you first read my first post, did you think it was not clearly tongue-in-cheek?
I took it to be just another RVS vote, but I don't see how commenting on it makes ICE scum.
Zdenek wrote: I think
WOMC wrote: I would also call silavor scum, but his last point was quite good about implosion/mb53.
is ridiculous, since all silavor did was explain why implosion accused mongoose of distancing.
That was me not reading the thread correctly. Whoops.
What about it was you not reading the thread correctly? The part where you think I'm scum? The part where my point about implosion ignoring q21 makes me not scum? The whole thing?
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:27 am

Post by silavor »

mongoose wrote:What is IGMEOY?
I got my eye on you
Nexus wrote:
neil1113 has requested/is being replaced.

I will get to finding one now.
Hmm. Anyone know why neil replaced out? He complained the last time I was in a game with him about how much he hates being vanilla town, and I can't imagine him flaking on a scum role unless something serious came up.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:31 am

Post by silavor »

neil1113 wrote: I'm Vanilla Town. Which is why, to be honest, this was quite an undesirable game for me to replace into. I'm not used to not having a night action.
Newbie 1035
Of course, it turns out he was scum in the end, but he was speaking to DDD about meta things, so I'm assuming he was trying to cash in on a meta he had built. I never actually bothered investigating his past games, though, as I was already dead by that point in the game, so it's entirely possible he was just trying to screw with us back then.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by silavor »

q21 wrote:
silavor wrote:-snip-

Hey, 2-for-one deal! I got the entire scumteam- oh, wait, but then how is ICE scum, as well?
Obviously
we have three scum in this game! Or, more likely, we have a bunch of townies nitpicking each other's comments to bits because we're only part way through page 2, and the game's been going for less than 24 hours at this point.

-snip-

This same argument can just as easily be made towards Nameless, since he also managed to get someone to hop on my wagon, Zdenek. The point is, though, unless we have three scum in the game and they would all out themselves so easily, how can we take the case against one of them as "obvscum trying to create a false case", while dropping the others as just being "town pointing out an anomaly"?

-snip-
Scumslip time. Three scum would be the norm for this game. The fact that you suggest, twice in one post no less, that it is more likely that there are only 2 suggests that you know something more than the average townie should.

Unvote, Vote Nameless

Everyone vote Nameless.
I was under the assumption there was two because I'm used to games with two scum in them, but I can see how having 13 players could warrant there being three scum. It's not a scumslip, just a sign of being inexperienced, and an oversight for not paying attention to how many players there were.

And why are we all supposed to vote for nameless? I thought you were talking about me. Do you have some sort of case against Nameless, too?
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by silavor »

ICEninja wrote: Have you ever played in a mini here before, or is your only mafiascum experience with newbie games?
Only newbie games, hence the default assumption there would only be two.
Zdenek wrote: I think Silavor is scummy because he gave real reasons for his early vote on WOMC, but in the same post he called it an RVS vote, and later tried to pass this off as a joke.
It's RVS, why are you taking it so seriously? How is it at all scummy?
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:07 am

Post by silavor »

Zdenek wrote: I think you made a vote for serious reasons, but made sure that you had an escape clause built right into the vote, and then when you were called out on it tried to explain it away as a joke. I think doing both of these things is scummy.
Since when have I been "called out" for voting WoMC, and since when have I been trying to explain it away as a joke? It was RVS when I voted, obviously I voted jokingly, but I wouldn't
still
be voting WoMC if I didn't think he was scum. I fail to see how any of what I've done there is scummy.
q21 wrote: Silavor is scum for his scumslip. Also for his pushing neil for replacing out - there is absolutely no way of knowing if his RL reason for replacing isn't perfectly legitimate.
Since when have I pushed neil for replacing out?
How
could I have pushed neil
if he replaced out?
Your logic makes absolutely no sense. If you mean when I asked if anyone knew why he replaced out, I fail to see how that's scummy
at all,
given that I had a
legitimate meta-based concern
regarding Neil potentially being scum.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by silavor »

Nexus-
You only have q21 down as voting for me, but then say there are two votes on me.

-So I did. Fixed.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by silavor »

WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote: Second paragraph makes sense, though I don't know why silavor did not bring this up first and how ICE is defending silavor while barely defending anyone else, IIRC, and so I like an ICE/silavor team.
What is it that I didn't bring up?
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by silavor »

DarthYoshi wrote: Also, my suspicion of Silavor is slowly picking up--his ISO shows that he has been posting very minimal amounts of content since other players have been putting pressure on him, which seems like selectively defending oneself. I'd also like to hear why his vote remains on WoMC--the other 2/3s of the bandwagon are players who are MIA at the moment, so this vote feels outdated (oh, apparently Mongoose is back now).
My vote's still on WoMC because I still find him scummier than Implosion, _over9000, or anyone else at this point. But since he's been silent for a few days, I haven't had a whole lot of new evidence to pick over, and since no one else has asked me anything, I haven't had a whole lot to say.

#99, wall by silavor

So you decide to equate your post with mine and decide to ignore:
-context difference
-tone difference
-that immediate given reaction should tell you something
-the logic behind hoppers being scum (also though I haven't posted it yet, I did not base my read solely on the fact that ICE decided to cast suspicion on it but also
how
he went about it; it's like how bandwagoning itself on town player X does not make one scum, but the way they do it)
Yeah, no, +scum points.
Context: They're both RVS votes with obvious contradictions in them.
Tone: They're both sarcastic, and meant to be taken humorously.
Immediate reaction: We both got votes on us for our initial posts.
Not sure what you mean by logic. To be honest, I'm not sure what you mean by any of the things you pointed out. If you want me to take you seriously, actually explain what you mean. Don't just give a half-baked answer and expect us to fill in the gaps.
WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote: Second paragraph makes sense, though I don't know why silavor did not bring this up first and how ICE is defending silavor while barely defending anyone else, IIRC, and so I like an ICE/silavor team.
Another example of what I was talking about a moment ago. What is it exactly that I failed to bring up?
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:15 am

Post by silavor »

unvote

I'm replacing out. I just can't keep up, and I'm only slowing the town down by being here.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”