Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Nameless »

WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote:No shit. IIoA, as they call it?

Unvote, Vote: ICEninja
That was ... far too quick and aggressive a re-vote. Also, I'm not familiar with 'IIoA'. Define please?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Nameless--IIOA = Information Instead of Analysis. Simply offering observations and re-stating facts than actually giving substance and analysis. Often considered a scumtell.

And yeah--that post from WoMC did seem pretty defensive.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

You all missed the point.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

EBWOP: To answer Ninja's question, I do my best to post daily. On a day off from school and work, it may be more than once a day. I enjoy being active. I am also trying to cut down on how often I am posting walls of texts...we'll see how that goes!

WoMC: We missed the point? Please, enlighten us.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by ICEninja »

WeaponsOfRediculouslyLongNames wrote: No shit. IIoA, as they call it?
That's quite the response to such a small poke. You definitely don't seem to like attention early.

Also, it wasn't IIoA. I said it was a strange thing. Not inherently scummy (or I would have said scummy), but strange, and thus you've caught my attention for it. There wasn't much more analysis than what I presented that could have been made based on the information we had at the time of my posting.

Additionally, accusations of IIoA this early in the game are terrible, as we currently have
no
information, and gaining information is the most valuable commodity town has early in the game. Therefore that declaring information without analysis is bad at this point of the game (and actually vote worthy) would suggest you are playing to an anti-town mindset at best, and possibly even with scum motivation.

I'm glad others are noting that this is suspicious.
Vote WeaponsOfMassConstruction

And hello again mb. I'm looking forward to see how you've improved since your newbie games.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by neko2086 »

EST; RVS for no particular reason; and I am returning after a year-long absence, but was on the site over a year before that.

vote: implosion
for making silly declarations and drawing inane connections on page one. This game is probably moving out of RVS rather quickly but dammit I haven't even posted yet!
In Tartiflette We Trust
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Nameless »

neko2086 wrote:
vote: implosion
for making silly declarations and drawing inane connections on page one.
Not sure if serious.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by ICEninja »

neko wrote: vote: implosion for making silly declaration
s
and drawing inane connection
s
on page one. This game is probably moving out of RVS rather quickly but dammit I haven't even posted yet!
Bold is mine. You seem to be implying that he's made multiple silly declarations and drawn multiple inane connections, which would imply by just reading this that he has done a minimum of 4 things wrong, when I can not count more than a single thing you could be referring to for each. You seem to be trying to stretch one (short) post in to a whole case there.

I do, however, agree that his declaration about the RVS being over was a bit silly. I also do agree that him connecting a particularly random RVS vote with distancing is fairly inane (scum do indeed use the RVS to distance themselves from their partner, but quite a few players placed RVS votes, so it is a null tell as town does it as well), but your vote going down seems to be more of irritation than actual scum suspicion.

Like Nameless, I'm having a hard time telling if your vote was serious or not. It sure looks serious when you read it.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Hello. First, allow me to answer the previously posed questions.

I'm in EST.
Neither. Sometimes a vote is all I have, and it's in cases like those where I have a problem with people throwing around the only power they have to do something with. But it seems to be the thing here, so I'll watch but not partake.
I have a lot of experience.

Ice's question, which by the way, it's nice to see you again.
You can expect me posting every day at minimal, unless things calm way way down. You guys obviously have been posting a lot, as I come on for a minute and there's nothing here, but the next you've guys taken 2 pages... wow.

Also, right now I'm only curious about why Implosion felt the need to establish himself as some type of leader, and why he's so anxious to jump in... this is usually a scum tell, and I implore nobody to just skip over it and excuse it as his "style of play."
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by q21 »

DarthYoshi wrote:What time zone are you in?

Do you prefer RQS or RVS? Why?

How much mafia experience do you have?
GMT+1 or +2... depends on whether the English have decided to shift their clocks back at the moment.
RVS. Less typing.
On MS, 30ish games played & 3 modded. Elsewhere... I'm too lazy to bother checking - 10-15 more I think.
ICEninja wrote:I'd like to add this question:
About how much posting can we expect from you?

I post generally every day, often repeatedly, and with quite lengthy posts. Expect to hear a lot from me. I am, however, in the process of getting a job, which could significantly decrease my time spent here.
Depends entirely on how often there is a conjunction between me having something to say and time to type. Also, good luck on the job hunt - am busy doing to same myself.
implosion wrote:I officially declare RVS over btw.
Screw you, I haven't had a turn to make my one completely baseless vote for the game. And on that note,

Vote over9000
Because this is a mini game and 9000 is much to large a number for a mini.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by silavor »

oh wow you guys are active.
Anyway, CST, and I don't really like either RVS or RQS, but they're necessary evils. Played two games here, and another off-site. I post when I feel it's needed, but I check the site multiple times a day.

Vote:Weapon

for being jumpy, defensive, using IIoA as a scumtell on page
, and because it's still RVS.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by Nexus »

Sorry guys. I'm in GMT so my modding will only be during daylight hours of that.

Anyway, everyone has confirmed. Carry on. Since I said the game will begin as soon as we hit 10 confirms, everything will be counted so far. In that vein, have a votecount!

Votecount the first:

implosion (2): mb53, neko2086
mongoose (2): Darth Yoshi, implosion
WeaponsOfMassConstruction (2): ICEninja, silavor
mb53 (1): mongoose
ICEninja (1): WeaponsOfMassConstruction
over9000 (1): q21

Not voting: neil1113, Zdenek, nameless, _over9000

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is 22nd February at 12pm GMT.

As ever, if there are any problems, post in thread or PM me.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:49 pm

Post by Nameless »

ICEninja wrote:Like Nameless, I'm having a hard time telling if your vote was serious or not. It sure looks serious when you read it.
That's twice now you've made a (comparatively) lengthy post that amounts to no more than a verbose form of 'I agree'. I'm gonna keep an eye on that.
silavor wrote:
Vote:Weapon

for being jumpy, defensive, using IIoA as a scumtell on page
, and because it's still RVS.
Obvious self-contradiction is obvious. (Justifying your own vote / saying it's still random.)
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Zdenek »

To answer the RQS questions:

I am in GMT

I don't really have a preference between RVS and RQS. I think RVS might have a slight edge over RVS because it creates confrontations right from the start.

I've finished 12 games so far.

I will usually post once or twice a day during the week, but it depends on how busy I am and the speed/urgency of the game. On weekends the amount I can post will fluctuate more.

Vote Silavor

Nameless already pointed out the reason. He gives reasons for his vote, but then says that its an RVS vote.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 am

Post by silavor »

Aw, you guys aren't very good at detecting sarcastic humor, huh. Live and learn.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:55 am

Post by neko2086 »

^ What he said.

I think it's fairly obvious I'm not saying there are four things wrong with implosion's post.

More later, and I'll post something serious for the joykills.
In Tartiflette We Trust
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:21 am

Post by _over9000 »

VOTE: Weapons for being the first to unvote. that sort of shiftiness is going to get the town nowhere.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:23 am

Post by _over9000 »

and here I just realized we're sorta out of the RVS. you're nowhere near a lynch though so I'll just leave my vote there for now.

That was my mistake, I didn't realize there was a second page to this
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:23 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Nameless--what exactly is bothering you about Ninja's posts (I presume you're talking about the ones directed at WoMC and Neko)? Reading them, I'm at least seeing scumhunting happening...anal-rententive and/or obsessive-compulsive scumhunting, maybe a little (WARNING FOR THE SUPER SERIOUS POLICE: THAT WAS HUMOR, OMGBBQLOLZ). But when you don't have a lot to go on in just page 2, sometimes you have to zero in on the little things--I don't see anything wrong with that per se.

What I am curious about, though, is if instead of being "verbose" in agreeing with people, Ninja was putting that case on WoMC to avoid accusations of OMGUSing. I agree with his point on WoMC, but scum cross-voting or OMGUSing each other on D1 isn't uncommon.

Also--Hi, Silavor. Long time, no see. And by long time, I mean, like, a week. Glad to be playing with you again.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:10 am

Post by silavor »

ICEninja wrote: I do, however, agree that his declaration about the RVS being over was a bit silly. I also do agree that him connecting a particularly random RVS vote with distancing is fairly inane (scum do indeed use the RVS to distance themselves from their partner, but quite a few players placed RVS votes, so it is a null tell as town does it as well), but your vote going down seems to be more of irritation than actual scum suspicion.
I'd just like to point out that I think the "issue" of sorts that Implosion pointed out as distancing is that mongoose voted mb53 for "having the lowest number out of any of the players in his name," even though q21 has a lower number, which if mongoose were serious about his vote, would mean mongoose either ignored or forgot about q21. Unless somehow 53<21 in this universe, in which case forget everything I've said, as I'm just a rambling madman.

Also, hey Darth and Neil. I fully agree, Darth, it's been way too long since we've been in a game together.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:54 am

DarthYoshi wrote:EBWOP: To answer Ninja's question, I do my best to post daily. On a day off from school and work, it may be more than once a day. I enjoy being active. I am also trying to cut down on how often I am posting walls of texts...we'll see how that goes!

WoMC: We missed the point? Please, enlighten us.
The point of my first post was half-RVS mood half-trap, which ICE has fallen for. It should've been pretty obvious I contradicted myself there, towards which scum would see the opportunity and try to cast attention to it, as ICE did. As scum, it also continues to make sense for him to push this into a wagon due to others' previously stated suspicion, so ICE is my top scum read at the moment. I would also call silavor scum, but his last point was quite good about implosion/mb53.

Also, there's the matter of some players resorting to idle questions to substitute for content, but I have not yet read ICE's meta to establish much on this.

Lastly, it's ending RVS.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:02 am

And actually more lastly, I do not claim to find ICE as 100% or anywhere close to that percent scum, but I found his posts so far scummiest, which therefore is cause for the vote. Do you people suggest we move from RVS into legitimate with no sort of starting point?
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:05 am

Post by neko2086 »

OK, I think everyone's at least said something by now, so it should be safe to get serious.

I actually don't have any huge issue with implosion at the moment, so
unvote
. I don't like his post, but it's not like there's anything really scummy about it.

I have the feeling Ice is going to get on my nerves, and I think he's making mountains out of molehills (and yes, those are plural on purpose this time), but we really do have to start somewhere, and I don't see any malice in it at the moment. Overzealous maybe, but not scummy.

WMC I'm liking less. I'm not sure I buy that his RVS vote was a trap. It looked like a normal joking RVS vote. That somebody would think to try to make an accusation out of that vote would never occur to me, yet we just happen to have a player here who actually would do such a thing. I really don't think that says anything about scumminess so much as it does about anal-retentiveness. I guess when WMC says 'you all missed the point,' it seems like he actually thinks he has laid a trap, but I really just don't see how that could be effective for catching scum. Newb scum, maybe, but at the very limit. I absolutely agree that on page two you have to start somewhere, no matter how small, but really?

Anyway, what stands out most to me so far is this:
neil1113 wrote:Also, right now I'm only curious about why Implosion felt the need to establish himself as some type of leader, and why he's so anxious to jump in... this is usually a scum tell, and I implore nobody to just skip over it and excuse it as his "style of play."
Two questions for you, neil:
1. Establishing oneself as a leader is a scumtell why and according to whom?
2. If this is indeed a scumtell, why does Implosion stick out to you as opposed to Yoshi or Ice?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 am

neko2086 wrote:I'm not sure I buy that his RVS vote was a trap. It looked like a normal joking RVS vote.
Well disguised, wasn't it?
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 am

Post by mb53 »

It should've been pretty obvious I contradicted myself there, towards which scum would see the opportunity and try to cast attention to it, as ICE did
Ever thought that he just thinks contradictions are scummy?
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”