Mini 1105: A Mafia Invasion! (Game Over)

Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Jerbs »

Hi

I didn't realize this game started.

@mod. Votecount please

@tasky

Sarcasm doesn't transfer well in text
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Jerbs »

RossWilliam wrote:@Dizzle: It wasn't just Mute that swayed me, I got this from VV too
Vigilante Ventriloquist wrote:Besides, do you think that voting without a given reason is worse than not voting at all? Your vote is currently doing nothing. Mine is on someone I think is scummy.
Once there was more than one people criticizing me for not having a vote yet it was enough to get me to put one out, even if I might not keep it out.
So what you're saying is that if enough people tell you to vote someone, you will?
RossWilliam wrote:Is a vote without reason ever useful? I don't like that idea. To me, it looked like you voted Tasky with hardly any reason, and then once you saw other posters give their logic, Did the actions of the other players sway your reasoning at all? You made a vote that you could have easily withdrawed, but kept it once it looked like some other players had your back.
All votes have reasons. They just might not be good. If you vote to put pressure on someone, thats a reason. Unless you mean that voting without stating a reason is not useful?
RossWilliam wrote:I still really didn't think your reasoning for voting Tasky were strong. A gut feeling that someone seems nervous is impossible to argue logically with. There is no way anyone can say to you "Sorry VV, your gut is wrong." I feel like if you truly believe Tasky is scum, you could have found something more. He's already done alot more in this game than make posts with 2 exclamation points, but thats your only draw on him? If you are town, than your grasping at straws, and if your scum, you've placed a vote that can't be challenged. No one is going to argue against gut. You can argue against the conditions in which the vote was made, but you can't argue against the vote itself
you yourself said that a weak vote is better than no vote at all.

Vote: RossWilliam

@VV

Why would RossWilliam being scum make Tasky town? They just got into a little argument. That has no influence on whether or not they are scum or town

@Rob

Where are you? It's clear you're posting elsewhere. Lurking is bad for town, and a common way for scum to hide
FOS: Rob
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Jerbs »

@Ross
RossWilliam wrote:
Mute wrote:
RossWilliam wrote:@Dizzle. I am not and never was in self-preservation mode. The goal of this game is not to survive, it's to win. If I'm lynched, and that provides information for the town to win, I still win, even though I'm not alive
I think this is what's confusing you:
RossWilliam wrote:I feel like if I vote irrationally I'll paint a target on myself and distract everyone else from the real scum. I know voting crazily can provoke discussion, and if the thread was running dry perhaps I would, but for now we seem to be discussing, and most people giving plenty of reactions and interactions, and that's whats going to be helpful to fine scum down the line.
I know I said the buzzword "paint a target" but if you read what I said my intentions weren't to keep myself alive, they were to keep the thread from being murkied by distracting activity, and people paying more attention to me than the scum. Basically, I was trying to avoid being a Village Idiot
Yet that's precisely what has happened.
You're causing more confusion than what is beneficial to the town at this point.
Unvote; Vote: RossWilliam

You're saying I'm causing confusing and distracting the town from finding scum. That's exactly what I was trying not to do, but ok. Even if that is the case, you don't lynch someone just because you think they're an unhelpful townie. No, you ignore them. If you believe someone is hurting the town in that way, then deserve a slap on the wrist or something. Putting someone at L-1 is not a slap on a wrist, that's asking for them to be lynched.

If you were never in a self-preservation mode, why were you on the fence at the beginning? I would think that someone that isn't worried about dying would be more outgoing and try more things

Also, I disagree with you. Anyone detrimental to town should be lynched, IMO. If you are not helpful, thats ok. But if you're bad for town, then thats not good

Ross's vote on VV seems kinda ...OMGUSy. After the scuffle with VV, he votes him. Kinda like telling a kid to write a paper, and the kid writes about how the person who told him to write the paper is a douche.
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Jerbs »

@Tasky
Tasky wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:@Tasky - yo, bro. I know you think it's witty and such to play snarky, but it's really unhelpful if you're actually town. It's just a distraction from the real scumhunting. So if you're town, put it aside for the game and give us a little contribution.
I will. just not yet.
Why not?

VP Baltar wrote:I understand what you're saying about bookmarking and missing the thread because of that...I've done it before and it's legit. My point, however, is that you first said you didn't post here because you were very busy with 2 other games that were close to a lynch. I'm not sure why you said that when you are also saying that you simply forgot about the game because you didn't bookmark it. Why mention the 2 busy games?
Because being busy in other games sounds better than "herp derp, i forgot to bookmark" I have also forgotten to bookmark this stuff before, and it's a legit excuse.

Elli is a little strange to me. His posts have largely been contentless and he was absent for a page or two until Rob called him out, then he suddenly posts 4 times in fairly quick succession.

also, he could have put most of that stuff into just one post, instead of 4 short ones. This makes me feel that he just want's to get stuff out, in response to what Rob said.

As my vote on Ross isn't doing much,
Unvote

Vote: Elliereth
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Jerbs »

@VP

No I have not. I'll go take a look
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Jerbs »

Ok nvm. Ellibereth seems to always be like this from the random posts I looked at that he made

unvote
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Jerbs »

Off topic: http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=4649959

On topic:Dizzles been doing nothing. I think mute is being played with by scum. They seem to be tryingto confuse town
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Jerbs »

pappums rat wrote:at this point i guess i will
unvote
to give rain a chance to get into the game, since he or she cant answer for mute's actions.
Not true. Sure, Rain might not be able to say why Mute did anything, but he should be able to for most of the thing Mute said. they got the same pm, have the same info, read the same game. Rain should be able to figure out what mute was trying to do, and why.
RobCapone wrote:I just looked for his last post and it was more than 72 hours ago and he has his log on information hidden so can't tell when he logged on
I checked, and saw that his last post was this one
Dizzle wrote:Not sure what's up with Mute

Unvote
Also, this is the only topic he was posting in.

If indeed he is on the forum, wtf is he doing?

Vote: Dizzle

Please post more

@Ross

Are you sure? Cause if you happen to be lying, then you pretty much are scum
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Jerbs »

pappums rat wrote:does ellibereth always act this weird? half of the time i find it somewhat hard to get to the meaning of his posts. i also dont like the way he put dizzle at l-2 without warning. and fsr i am the first person to note this...

it seems he does

I realized I forgot to announce L-2. my bad
DIZZLE IS AT L-2
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Jerbs »

LlamaGod wrote:I've had bad experiences using "saw X lurker online" as a tell, but if RW is making that up it's a different business entirely. I'll think more about that. Goodnight.

Tomorrow is RL tomorrow not game tomorrow.
1. He's town and making it up
2. He's scum and making it up
3. He's town and telling the truth
4. He's scum and telling the truth

The first point makes absolutely no sense, so thats prob not it.

The 2nd point makes sense because Dizzle would be an easy mislynch target, unless they are scumbuddies in which then it would be bussing/distancing
The 3rd would make sense because he is trying to help town by giving info about dizzle
The 4th point makes sense because dizzle would be an easy mislynch target unless they're buddies, which would then mean bussing/distancing

@ mod: Replacement/prod for dizzle?

I think we should wait for dizzle to say stuff before we do anything more related to lynching him
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Jerbs »

LlamaGod wrote:
Jerbs wrote:
LlamaGod wrote:I've had bad experiences using "saw X lurker online" as a tell, but if RW is making that up it's a different business entirely. I'll think more about that. Goodnight.

Tomorrow is RL tomorrow not game tomorrow.
1. He's town and making it up
2. He's scum and making it up
3. He's town and telling the truth
4. He's scum and telling the truth

The first point makes absolutely no sense, so thats prob not it.

The 2nd point makes sense because Dizzle would be an easy mislynch target, unless they are scumbuddies in which then it would be bussing/distancing
The 3rd would make sense because he is trying to help town by giving info about dizzle
The 4th point makes sense because dizzle would be an easy mislynch target unless they're buddies, which would then mean bussing/distancing
From my experience, scum loves to post something logically correct to take up forum space and make it seem like they are not lurking. This post is pretty much content-free, except mentioning it's unlikely RW is lying town (obvious).
My post also mentions that of the 3 likely scenarios, 2 of them show him as scum
However, I had never stopped to consider that it might be a town mistake. Although that is a possibility, I don't think it's likely. Had I noticed the name of someone from your game at the bottom of the page, I would have looked closer to make sure. If Ross really thinks he saw Dizzle, then Dizzle probably was online.
Also, Rosscum would have a lot to gain, if Dizzle came back. They could say that Dizzle was lurking, have "proof" and possibly get an easy mislynch.
RobCapone wrote:Jerbs' post about Dizzle doesn't really take "town making a mistake" into account. Both Jerbs and Agar
have
tended to attack players I am
now
leaning town on.
Players that you are
now
considering town. Players that we
have
attacked. Maybe when we attacked them, they were considered scum?
And didnt you make a post on why you didn't like Ross? I believe I have been attacking him.
Rain wrote:@AGar
I had considered putting Tasky in my list of people I'm willing to lynch today. However, his current play style is in line with my brief experience with him as well as his town mini normals. I read stronger scum vibes from Jerbs, and Tasky's voting for Jerbs... so... yeah.
Tasky voting for me shouldn't influence how you vote.

Unvote
for now, at least until Dizzles replacement comes.
RossWilliam wrote:It's looking at this point that Dizzle's going to be replaced. I'm excited to hear from the replacement because more and more the bandwagon on Dizzle is making me nervous...I don't have a good argument other than gut but I'm just getting a bad feeling about the lynch, because the only reason my vote is on him is because of the lurking, but plenty of town have lurked before. From a selfish point of view, if he flips town for some fluke I'm going to get a LOT of flak at the start of the next day, and I don't want that. I'm not going to unvote yet but if it get's to L-1 and we still haven't heard from Dizzle or the replacement I think I'm going to unvote.

I'm liking Tasky more as scum because he's got himself set up with this reputation like he's not going to contribute and thats totally okay. Now he can glide under the radar just making his comments here and there. We'll see.
Vote: RossWilliam
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Jerbs »

RobCapone wrote:@ jerbs - you have me saying something in your post that was actually said by Llamagod, putting words in my mouth bro or a slip up?

the post where he says it is here - http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p2718324

Shit. My bad. That was completely unintentional.
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Jerbs »

LlamaGod wrote:PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT VOTING: THERE ARE 3 DAYS UNTIL DEADLINE. MAKE YOURSELVES USEFUL AND VOTE JERBS/AGAR.

I understand that RW can't have seen what he claimed to have seen.
It just doesn't feel at all like something scum would do intentionally, so I lean toward mistake rather than lie.
Guderian's 259 actually makes a lot of sense to me; I don't see who Ross' buddies would be.

Lets run one of Agar/Jerbs up to L-1 and hear a claim tomorrow so we can think about it for a day before lynching.

Additions to cases in next post.

Ross is the only one not voting. And since I'm not gonna vote myself,
Vote: Agar

I would prefer a Ross or Tasky lynch, but it seems that that's not going to happen with 3 days left.

I do not want a no lynch.

Agar has been defending me for a while, and although I appreciate that, I do find it kinda weird.
Also, I realize that this is hypercritical, but he has been overdoing the Ross thing, even more than me.

@LG

What about Pappums rat? I believe you listed him earlier in you lynch candidates.

He hasn't posted much, hasn't contributed much, and is not scumhunting. However, he only has one vote on him now (VV), and unless you all wanna switch and vote him, he's not getting lynched. I will make a big
FOS: Pappums rat

At this point I would prefer a pappums rat lynch over an Agar lynch

Preview Edit: I think he's a bit scummy, but I would rather lynch pappums rat. Since we're near deadline tho, I'm fine with an Agar lynch
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Jerbs »

VP Baltar wrote:Ok, I was thinking about it and I believe AGar was lynched by some scum ability that allowed them to immediately kill whoever was the leading wagon. This is only a possibility of course, but it seems much more likely than some kind of L-3 deficit on AGar. If that's the case:

1) The lynch could have been made to save Jerbs, who could have ended up as today's lynch.
2) It makes me slightly suspicious of Rob again, since he was the one that pushed AGar over the limit that would have resulted in his lynch.

I'm much more sure about 1 than 2 if that's the case. Regardless, I believe that the scum would not be able to use this ability more than once if it were present in this game, as it would be horribly unbalanced.

Also, and i"m only going to say this once and I do not want any discussion about it, AGar's mason buddy should only claim if he/she gets run up to lynch range. Barring some useful information you have that would indicate scum, claiming mason right now isn't that useful for us. I believe we should be able to determine the believability of a mason claim based upon interaction, so a scum counterclaim later is likely to fail. So, let's just keep playing as if AGar flipped VT and leave it at that for now. NO TALKING ABOUT THIS.

If someone has a counter theory as to what happened with AGar, I would definitely be interested in hearing it.
Hold on a moment. Agar was leading a wagon on Ross, who is far from being lynched today.

For the following, assume I'm scum

Why would I use a one-shot ability on Agar? Agar was pretty close to getting lynched, and I would know that he's town, so why kill him early? Also, most of you thought that there was prob scum between me and Agar. Since Agar flipped town, wouldn't that mean that I'm prob scum? So why, as scum, would I kill the guy that other people wanted to lynch when I would know that he's town? How would this save me at all?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would make absolutely no sense for Jerbscum to kill Agar. Therefore, I believe Ross is right.

I think we should go with a tasky or pappums rat lynch

Vote: pappums rat
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Jerbs »

Why would scum think it would end the day? People should read their role and understand what it does. Also, I would assume a kill like this would be a day-kill

If we had scum that wanted to save Jerbscum with a one-shot ability like this, then Jerbscum is pretty stoopid
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Jerbs »

Ima cop

@Llamagod

I wasn't suggesting that it was a scum pr that killed Agar. I was questioning VP's claim that it was.

@Pappums rat

You just jump in and say
pappums rat wrote:well, i suppose that makes a compromise lynch easier for me lol. and since no one wants to lynch rw, i guess i will
unvote vote jerbs
. he didnt help his case imo with his last post. this part:
jerbs wrote:

Hold on a moment. Agar was leading a wagon on Ross, who is far from being lynched today.

For the following, assume I'm scum

Why would I use a one-shot ability on Agar? Agar was pretty close to getting lynched, and I would know that he's town, so why kill him early? Also, most of you thought that there was prob scum between me and Agar. Since Agar flipped town, wouldn't that mean that I'm prob scum? So why, as scum, would I kill the guy that other people wanted to lynch when I would know that he's town? How would this save me at all?
is so full of wifom it isnt even funny. considering his behavior day 1, i think jerbs is a good lynch.
which is pretty much just saying that you support my lynch without contributing anything. This is yet another reason that I think you should be lynched.
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Jerbs »

bah (more sarcasm)
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Jerbs »

I wanna know what actually happened with the Dizzle/RW thing
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Jerbs »

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/Vfdt8U9xNkjv8

I don't think anything here indicates a status change
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Jerbs »

Not mine either

I was thinking that I prob should have claimed vig, to hopefully out the vig or not be lynched D1
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Jerbs »

it was a two shot vig tho
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Jerbs »

llama was supa accurate this game
V/LA on most weekends

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”