Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Thingyman »

Hello everyone.

This will be my first game on this site, but I do have vast experience from several other sites (55+ games), so I'm quite familiar with the dynamics and mechanics of the game. I've actually also tried a similar set-up to this one before (it wasn't allowed to announce the name of your mason though). Should be fun.

To tell you guys a little about me: I have a direct (sometimes slightly confrontational, albeit not in a mean-spirited manner at all) approach to the game and I typically try to read people on their tone, meaning that I try to assess whether or not the wording of their posts could conceivably have been made by a wolf or if the person should earn village points for it. I have had huge success with this method and I have a good reputation on the other sites that I've played.

Also, I'm often a very active player and I will probably also be one this game, so that should hopefully help clear me. I've only been mislynched once in all of the time that I've played mafia. Furthermore, I'm very helpful and cooperative - if you need something from me, then I will be happy to oblige (unless you require something unhuman of me). I will happily do re-reads of players upon request for example.

Re: this game. It'll be interesting. I think the village is favored though, given that if we claim our masonries then only one player from any given masonry actually needs to be villagery in order for us to clear 2 people. On the other hand, the wolves will be a bit tougher to catch in this game because they can fake wolf hunting more easily than normal, seeing as there are two wolf teams that don't know the identities of the wolves in the other team.

If you have any questions, then fire away.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Thingyman »

I'm confused. When does day 1 end?
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Thingyman »

Oh, it's majority lynch. Good thing I can read.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Thingyman »

xRECKONERx wrote:...said the guy that is pushing for a mass-lovers-claim? How the hell is that pro-town at all?

SPOILER ALERT: It's not.
Please expand on this.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Thingyman »

@ GreyICE

You had one game on this site. Can you link to it?

How many games do you have on other sites - if any?
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Thingyman »

GreyICE wrote:
Thingyman wrote:@ GreyICE

It's linked in my Wiki page, mini 1105. You can also find my ongoing through my post history.

As for other sites, I'm on MTGS, but I have a different style there, and a different name. I won't be sharing it with you because there's a certain level of MTGS bullshit that I'd really like to stay out of, and I have zero desire to have it spill to here. Lets just say that place attracts a few drama queens.

Now what fucking relevance does this have to the game? I mean besides distracting us all from it with IoA.
It has the relevance that I'd read you differently, depending on how many games that you have played. An experienced player can't be cleared as easily as an inexperienced player. Are you really getting upset by me asking you about your previous games?

What does IoA mean?

P.S. I confirm my masonry with EmpTyger.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Thingyman »

Thingyman wrote:
GreyICE wrote:
Thingyman wrote:@ GreyICE

It's linked in my Wiki page, mini 1105. You can also find my ongoing through my post history.

As for other sites, I'm on MTGS, but I have a different style there, and a different name. I won't be sharing it with you because there's a certain level of MTGS bullshit that I'd really like to stay out of, and I have zero desire to have it spill to here. Lets just say that place attracts a few drama queens.

Now what fucking relevance does this have to the game? I mean besides distracting us all from it with IoA.
It has the relevance that I'd read you differently, depending on how many games that you have played. An experienced player can't be cleared as easily as an inexperienced player. Are you really getting upset by me asking you about your previous games?

What does IoA mean?

P.S. I confirm my masonry with EmpTyger.
And I was asking for a link to your previous games, so that I could go read it. Is that unheard of in here?
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Thingyman »

Okay, guys. I'm gonna massively advocating a mass masonry claim.

As previously stated, I have tried a really similar setup to this one before and claiming your partner was forbidden in that game exactly because it IS a pro-villa move. Very much so, in fact.

It is pro-villa mainly because it means that we can clear 2 people at once when 1 person from a masonry seems like a clear villager. In addition to this, we can nail wolves with greater certainty if we find that both people in a masonry are being wolfy because that's an extremely bad sign.

Furthermore, it also prevents people from having to waste energy at guessing who's masoned together and being curious about why certain people are clearing each other. It's normally a wolfy trait to clear someone for bad reasons, but in this game we can very well end up suspecting people for merely clearing their partner.

There is no downside to claiming whatsoever, seeing as there aren't any night kills in this game.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Thingyman »

gonna start massively advocating*
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Thingyman »

Umbrage wrote:UNVOTE: Reck
VOTE: EmpTyger

I don't like how he suddenly started claiming, with his lover following up on it. That combined with how he attacked GreyICE for indirectly supporting a massclaim and his quick townread on silavor makes me think something fishy is going on.
Hey there! A vote for EmpTyger is a vote for me! Cut it out.

But yeah, I don't necessarily agree with my lover's suspicion towards GreyICE. Not yet anyway.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Thingyman »

Umbrage wrote:
Thingyman wrote:
Umbrage wrote:UNVOTE: Reck
VOTE: EmpTyger

I don't like how he suddenly started claiming, with his lover following up on it. That combined with how he attacked GreyICE for indirectly supporting a massclaim and his quick townread on silavor makes me think something fishy is going on.
Hey there! A vote for EmpTyger is a vote for me! Cut it out.

But yeah, I don't necessarily agree with my lover's suspicion towards GreyICE. Not yet anyway.
Don't like this post. It's far too overprotective. He leaves a back door to go after GreyICE.
lol

I was just being honest. You don't find it plausible that I as a villager early into the game would disagree with a read, but of course be open (as any villager) to reevaluating my read? Trust me, I will make clear reads.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Thingyman »

How do I increase the number of posts per page?
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Thingyman »

Just out of curiosity: is this mainly an international, an American or a European forum?
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Thingyman »

Bolding someone's name does not equal a vote on this site? You have to type in "vote <insert name>"?
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Thingyman »

SensFan wrote:Votes must be formatted as either:

Code: Select all

[b]Vote: Thingyman[/b]
or

Code: Select all

[vote]Thingyman[/vote]

---
Players are asked to familiarize themselves with the Rules of the game, located in the opening posts.
I apologize.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Thingyman »

I am used to the werewolf version of mafia. So we basically call all bad guys wolves. Wasn't a slip :P

I didn't mean to be distracting. I was merely trying to get into the game - also, I did actually heavily suggest the mass mason claim - not saying that I should get villa pts for it, but it should show that I'm not trying to focus on irrelevant matters.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by Thingyman »

Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Thingyman »

Espeonage wrote:@ Thingy:
Discussing the claiming stuff is an irrelevent matter.

@ xRx: I'm sorry. Am I forgiven?

@ Baby: Change you avvie to something not as cute.

@ xRx x2: Change vote to EmpTyger. More votes there and they amount to the same thing.
In terms of making my role clearer to people, then yeah, I definitely agree. It's easy villa points to gain, seeing as the bad guys will probably be expecting a mass claim anyway and be willing to suggest it themselves.

In terms of providing an advantage for the village, then it's not irrelevant in the least imo. It is extremely pro-villa to mass claim and anyone has yet to provide a solid counter argument.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by Thingyman »

Espeonage wrote:
Unvote

Lover: Purple Orange

Vote: EmpTyger

Placing vote here because while noone has actually caught my eye for being scummy Thingyman is developing a tendancy to draw away from what is happening in thread. I know he's new but someone that has played quite a bit of Mafia should know to keep things on track unless you want to confuse the town, which has happened.

Most people's votes are null and void thanks to them all being based on misundersdtandings about claiming.
Yes we should mass claim because nothing inherently bad will come of it because the game is nightless so can we just get over that and on with the game?
Okay, cool, we agree. I'm sorry if you felt like I made a too big deal out of it - but I mean, several people are still holding back wrt revealing their partners, which should show that the benefits of mass claiming weren't evident to everyone.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Thingyman »

Purple Orange wrote:On an unrelated note, have you and Thingy just decided to let you be the team spokesperson? Because if I went after silavor over that stuff, I should have totally gone after him as well. It's largely the fact you're paired with him makes me
not
, at this point. (Well, that, and the fact that although he annoys me to death and has said zilch, right now I'm actually reading him as town).
hehe, no, I'll talk for myself (I even expressed disagreement with one of Emp's reads), but I will of course also take my lover's insight into consideration :)

I am sorry that I am managing to "annoy you to death" somehow? :S - if it's because I've said "zilch" (which I think is a bit unfair and harsh to say - especially given that I've apparently said enough to warrant a town read), then I'm reading the thread right now and will have some thoughts when I'm done.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Thingyman »

Nero Cain wrote:Though I do have a question for you thingyman. Why were you not for the mass claim until ISO #7?
I assume by ISO #7 you mean my 7th post in the thread?

In that case: I was for the mass claim the entire time. The reason that I didn't actually state it right away is because my lover (EmpTyger) said that we wanted to preferably see who was going to support it first or if anyone who knew better opposed it. Basically, he wanted to be able to get reads from the discussion (which I agree was a good idea).
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Thingyman »

Kise wrote:@Thingyman: What is your username on twoplustwo?
The same as here.
EmpTyger wrote:Antihero:
Re Thingy, I only told him to ask me any “newbie” questions in private, so as not to distract from the game. Last I heard from him, he said he was going to read up on players’ private games. I’ve tried to explain was a bad idea, at first appealing to reason, then more bluntly telling him that he’s just going to burn himself out. Honestly, I think Thingy’s in over his head. I’d like for him to contribute- in particular I want to hear why he disagreed with me about GreyIce.
I'll just respond to this here instead of writing it twice here and in our own chat.

I naturally wasn't / isn't planning on reading everyone's games. But I saw that GreyICE - who was being heavily discussed at the time - only had one previous game on this site, so I figured that I could get a decent baseline on him from skimming through that game and therefore asked him for a link. I'm currently playing this game on several different sites - I'm used to doing a lot of re-reading and playing several games at once, so you don't have to worry about me burning out :)

Now, wrt: GreyICE. These are my notes:

antihero & GreyICE
- #20: tiny villa pts for prodding me to vote xRECKONERx
- #35: tiny villa pts for his clearing of xRECKONERx based on his ignorance wrt no night kills
- #203: tiny villa pts for "Antihero has been pointing out q21 has been needling people without taking any real stances or providing any logic, his response is to needle without taking any real stances. Antihero is convincing, he wins."

If you need me to elaborate on these notes, I will of course oblige.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Thingyman »

Alright, here are my reads from having read the start from start to finish with people's masonries in mind:

Town

Thingyman & EmpTyger
Nero Cain & xRECKONERx
antihero & GreyICE
implosion & Kise
espeonage & Purple Orange

I feel reasonably good about this on a whole and I'm hoping that the setup (two scum teams) isn't having too much of an effect on my reads this game. If you need detailed reasoning for my reads, then go ahead and ask.

I know Reck and Kise are heavily suspecting each other, but I honestly don't see Kise ever deciding to make a play like that as a scum and I think Reck's reaction to the whole thing is believable.

espeonage & Purple Orange are my weakest town lean on the list - I think espeonage has been scummy, but on the other hand Purple Orange has made several posts that seem to be very sincere and full of good, sensible thoughts.

Scum

Baby Spice & Kcdaspot
Dramonic & werewolf555
Llamarble & DarlaBlueEyes

These are partnerships that I don't recall making a single post that I'd perceive as town-like.

I will say though that Llamarble & DarlaBlueEyes are probably unlikely to be on the wolf team due to this comment from Llarmarble (#101): "
Then again maybe Thingy (Emplover) referring to both scumteams as "wolves" is a slip and he's forgotten there are different types than his own?
".

wrt q21 & Umbrage: I am by no means clearing them and I will not in any way oppose their lynch, but I am personally thinking that they're perhaps "too scummy to be scum", so I am ignoring them for now.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Thingyman »

having read the thread from start*
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Thingyman »

GreyICE wrote:Thingyman the correct solution to "Wine In Front Of Me" is to break the neck of the wineglass and use it to shiv the other person's throat.
I'm not really familiar with that term, but it seems to imply that they're aware that they're acting scummy which I don't necessarily agree with.

In my experience, people who are "too scummy to be scum" are rarely scum. I wouldn't say this is one of the extreme cases though (which is why I'm choosing to just outright ignore it for the moment).
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (isolation #25) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Thingyman »

Kcdaspot wrote: But i'm going about this wrong, GreyICE can you take this list and match all to their lover to get more accurate counts?
I know I'm not GreyICE, but I figured I'd accomodate you anyway.

antihero & GreyICE: 74
Nero Cain & xRECKONERx: 63
Thingyman & EmpTyger: 36
espeonage & Purple Orange: 36
implosion & Kise: 28
q21 & Umbrage: 28
Haylen & silavor: 23
Mariyta & Tragedy: 19
Baby Spice & Kcdaspot: 18
Llamarble & DarlaBlueEyes: 12
SnakePlissken & vezokpiraka: 12
Dramonic & werewolf555: 8
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (isolation #26) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Thingyman »

q21 wrote: The other point regards what has dominated the thread for rather a long time. Kise v Reck and the apparent conversation that never happened. Reck proved it, right?
At first I thought that too, but then something began niggling at me. So I went back to that post where he showed us the screenshot and I looked again and I saw what is was that was niggling me.
There is a big shiny delete button.
I don't like this part. You're basically saying that your subconscious caught onto the fact that there was a delete button and that you went back to re-check it because you knew there was something specific that bothered you, but you didn't quite know what? I just don't buy this - I don't know if it necessarily makes you scum/wolf - but you're lying or being misleading about your thought process here. If you noticed the delete button the first time around, then you would've right there known that something was up and been fully aware of what was/is niggling at you.

I hope I worded the above paragraph clearly enough.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (isolation #27) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Thingyman »

VOTE: Kcdaspot
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (isolation #28) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:32 am

Post by Thingyman »

@ PO

The scumminess about q21 has already been outlined by other ppl - and I agree that it looks level 1 scummy. Wrt Umbridge his handling of the Reck vs Kise seems very aggressive and was not in line with the rest of the thread's thoughts at the time - I was / am unsure whether or not a scum would put himself out there like that.

wrt Kcdaspot: I have seen nothing townish from either him or his partner, and that he apparently hasn't been reading the thread very closely doesn't help his case either.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (isolation #29) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Thingyman »

@ PO

I agree with all of it.

PO, are you known for being a good scum? Do you make long and thoughtful posts in all of your games?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”