Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I don't see it is any more likely than a BB lynch, and I'm up for either about equally.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I feel like there should be all kinds of scum on Bub's wagon by now if it's a mislynch. I would be the easiest D2mislynch ever, and I've provided PLENTY of justification for people to jump on the Bublynch.
*Checks*
Just fishy, who looks highly protown these days. The main reason I had him as a scumread (associative with Bub) before was that when he mentioned Bub's behavior he didn't class it as a tell, and I thought he might be subtly advising Bubbuddy to get his act together, but that is looking pretty darn unlikely at this point and in retrospect that wasn't a good reason at all anyway. And his scumhunting simply looks good.
So I'm feeling more and more confident about Bubscum.

Also I thought I had mined Bub dry of scumtells but I guess I glossed over this on previous reads:
There was a midgame Bub-Nik interaction where Bub FOSes Nik and asks him questions, then simply calls him a VI and too silly to be scum a bit later without a response in between and leaves the situation at that. Nik points out the weirdness of this and Bub ignores him.

Can we please lynch this guy today?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 18

1. bobsnox (2) - DarlaBlueEyes, CMAR
2. DarlaBlueEyes (2) - MoreWhisky, werewolf555
3. werewolf555
4. DLG (1) - Nikanor
5. Jahudo
6. Bub Bidderskins (2) - Llarmable, Fishythefish
7. Fishythefish (1) - bobsnox
8. Brokenscraps
9. CryMeARiver
10. Nikanor
11. Yosarian2
12. Final Fires
13. Llarmable (3) - Yosarian2, Bub Bidderskins, Brokenscraps,
14. MoreWhisky (3) - Jahudo, Final Fires, DLG

Not Voting:

With 14 alive its 8 to lynch.
Last edited by Empking on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:29 am

Post by bobsnox »

guess this game has an appropriate name
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:43 am

Post by DLG »

So, instead of a relatively cohesive town that drove two wagons to L-2 and L-1 (twice ready to be hammered), roughly a week before deadline, we now are at just 3+ days with a fractured town chasing down phantoms and no sign of cohesion.

The two wagons were on DarlaBlueEyes and the ender241/Llamarble slot. There was suspicious interaction between those two players and both wagons were justified independent of the other.

I'd like an explanation for how this environment is more likely to achieve a town win from the players who insisted that the Day was being rushed.
Llamarble wrote:I feel like there should be all kinds of scum on Bub's wagon by now if it's a mislynch. I would be the easiest D2mislynch ever, and I've provided PLENTY of justification for people to jump on the Bublynch.
*Checks*
Just fishy, who looks highly protown these days.
This is the same backdoor "logic" that Fishythefish used as part of his justification for voting ender241 over DarlaBlueEyes. It completely ignores the fact that a group of townies can see scumminess and be unwilling to be distracted.

You would not be an easy Day 2 lynch over this. Being wrong does not mean being scum. Being wrong with bad or no justification is indicative of scum.

Fishythefish looks highly proLlamarble these days. He also looks highly anti-town cohesion these days. Neither of these is protown.
Fishythefish wrote:I don't see it is any more likely than a BB lynch, and I'm up for either about equally.
Yes, up for anything that would keep the town fractured. Why is your motivation so anti-town?

@ werewolf555
Welcome to the game. Your input is of prime importance at this stage.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Please explain how my play is "antitown". AFAIC, my play is antitown if and only if Llamarble is scum. It is not automatically antitown to try and derail a lynch that looks like happening. Cohesiveness =/= scum lynch. I saw a consensus I strongly disliked the origins of, so I went after it.

@DLG: I made a post where I criticised every (or nearly every, not sure) reason for which you have voted Llama. You have made no response.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Nikanor »

Oh fine. I guess if we NEED to lynch somebody...
Unvote. Vote: MoreWhiskey.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Jahudo »

Three days until deadline I think? We should talk about compromise in case we need it, and to see where people stand on all these wagons.

Most of them I disagree with. I still want Whisky to come in and respond to my points, but I can't even tell if he's reading this thread anymore. He's turning into another ender. So bobs might be right in saying he would be good vigbait (if we have a vig), so it may be worth waiting a day on Whisky.

------------

@Bub: If you thought Darla was being cautious scum then how do you account for her more aggressive behavior starting with bobsnox? If it looked unnatural to you, you kept your opinions to yourself and didn't question her about the change in tone. It just looked like you were parked on that vote for the long haul regardless of what she was doing. You even shrug off your own statements that bobs is starting to do scummy things because it involves Darla, which would have been a good time to point out how Darla was reacting to bobs and how that affected or didn't affect your read.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I'm really upset by the way the ender/Llamarble wagon has evaporated right before deadline for no good reason I can see. It feels like when he got in trouble, he just spammed up the thread with a bunch of garbage, and so everyone just dropped the case, even though he wasn't actually looking any more town.

I would still probably be willing to lynch MoreWhiskey, or possibly bobsnox, in order to achieve a no-lynch, but I wouldn't be happy about it at this point.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:50 am

Post by werewolf555 »

Looking over, I believe that the llar marble wagon was a good one
VOTE: Llarmable
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:59 am

Post by DLG »

Fishythefish wrote:Please explain how my play is "antitown". AFAIC, my play is antitown if and only if Llamarble is scum. It is not automatically antitown to try and derail a lynch that looks like happening. Cohesiveness =/= scum lynch. I saw a consensus I strongly disliked the origins of, so I went after it.

@DLG: I made a post where I criticised every (or nearly every, not sure) reason for which you have voted Llama. You have made no response.
Your play looks scummy if Llamarble is scum. Your play is anti-town for helping to destroy what consensus had been achieved. This is particularly true because
your vote was part of the origins of that consensus
. I never said cohesiveness is equivalent to lynching scum. You saw a consensus that you disliked the target of. At best, you could claim to dislike the late comers to that wagon, not the origins.

I responded to the points I wanted to. I didn't respond to the others because I was unwilling to engage in a debate designed solely to distract attention from the main focus, Llamarble. Classifying what was going on as you versus me perfectly illustrates the point. It was me versus Llamarble if it was anything. Who appointed you Johnnie Cochran to Llamarble's O.J. Simpson?

@ Jahudo
Are you willing to share who you are willing to see lynched, then? By process of elimination, I'm guessing Bub Bidderskins or me.
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Final Fires »

That's four votes llama and four votes whisky now. Would everyone on the llama wagon be willing to vote whisky, and vice-versa if worst came to worst?

I'm still not really against a llama lynch, I'm just slightly more unsure of it than a whisky one. I would swap if the people on the llama wagon feel very strongly that llama should be a priority over whisky, and are unwilling to switch their vote.

We should seriously start trying to get to L-1 or L-2 soon though. It would be nice if we could have it by the end of the day, so we're not scrambling to get this done the next two days, and they'll have time to claim if need be. Plus if they claim a PR we'll have time to switch our votes.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:57 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Final Fires wrote:That's four votes llama and four votes whisky now. Would everyone on the llama wagon be willing to vote whisky, and vice-versa if worst came to worst?

I'm still not really against a llama lynch, I'm just slightly more unsure of it than a whisky one. I would swap if the people on the llama wagon feel very strongly that llama should be a priority over whisky, and are unwilling to switch their vote.

We should seriously start trying to get to L-1 or L-2 soon though. It would be nice if we could have it by the end of the day, so we're not scrambling to get this done the next two days, and they'll have time to claim if need be. Plus if they claim a PR we'll have time to switch our votes.
Hmmmm, at this point I'm comfortable with Bob and Bub the most, but I'd be willing to switch to whisky if worst came to worst I think.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Llamarble »

How is "We should be cohesive" a good reason to lynch somebody AT ALL? Scum have a bunch of votes that they want to use together to get somebody lynched. Therefore scummy wagons are often "cohesive." It is obviously much easier for scum to agree than for town. The most important goal of a lynch by far is to kill scum.

At the risk of more "look he changed his mind!" complaints:
I reread Whisky and I no longer think he's scum. He makes a lot more sense in ISO and that "Wow I'd never have thought of that but it seems to make sense. Top idea Bob I'm gonna look into that some more." Post looks _way_ more like sarcasm than like self contradiction. Who says "wow I'd never have thought of that" or "Top Idea" nonsarcastically?? I believe he thinks what he says he thinks.

And I do find accusations of "spamming the thread" offensive; I've been responding to accusations and looking for scum.

AND DLG FISHY DOES DISLIKE THE LATECOMERS (BUB BIDDERSKINS WAS L-2)

It is a good point that we have 3 days remaining. Everybody should be voting me, Whiskey, Bub. I don't think there's a serious possibility of lynching anyone else at this point.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

urg the flu frakking sucks. But I am here now for good and am reading back the last 5 pages. /hateslife

post forthcoming in the next hour or less
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

There is a lot that's happened and I am a bit surprised that the Llama wagon disintegrated so quickly, though I will say while his play at first was very scummy he since has seemed to be very aggressive in his scum hunting which is a lot more helpful and townish than what others are doing. (IE: Whiskey)

I was really not feeling good about Whiskey before my sickness, but at that time he was at least doing some scumhunting, now he's doing none and just lurking his way out of his slip up post which many people called him on two or so pages back. Do not like.

I know we're on a deadline and I do not agree that a no-lynch is going to be protown here so
vote: whiskey

If anyone wants my opinion on something specific could you ask? My head is still a little hurty and it'd make it a lot easier on me getting back into the game.

PS I'm looking over the Bud case now, but doubt he'll be more appealing than whiskey for me right now
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Sorry for not posting in a while. I'm getting caught up...

I'm gonna say that if one of DBE/More Whisky is scum, then the other one is town. Their play is very poor if they're scum together. I am of the opinion that Darla is scum with Llamarble, so I'm not going to support a Whisky lynch.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by DLG »

Llamarble wrote:How is "We should be cohesive" a good reason to lynch somebody AT ALL? Scum have a bunch of votes that they want to use together to get somebody lynched. Therefore scummy wagons are often "cohesive." It is obviously much easier for scum to agree than for town. The most important goal of a lynch by far is to kill scum.
"We should be cohesive" is not a reason to lynch, it is a necessary component to achieving that goal. Therefore, any wagon which results in a lynch is cohesive. Townie ones and scummy ones. Lynching scum is always the goal, and the best possible outcome. But, what is always gained in any lynch is information which is what town lacks.
Llamarble wrote:AND DLG FISHY DOES DISLIKE THE LATECOMERS (BUB BIDDERSKINS WAS L-2)
I agree. But, that is not what he said and that is what I was pointing out.

I've said I'll go either way - Llamarble or MoreWhisky. I will vote anyone but myself to prevent no-lynch.
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by brokenscraps »

Llamarble wrote:I already explained this. Obviously scum don't want to lynch their buddies, but seeing a lot of players who would be easy to lynch on someone's scumlist suggests they care more about lynches being easy to push through than about them actually being on scum.
This still depends on them being town.

Your reasoning is generally good though. I'm unsure about lynching you today. UNVOTE: Llamarble

However, if even one of the scum wasn't voting your wagon then it is very suspicious that your wagon fell apart at L-1. I have my eye on you but am willing to have a whisky lynch today.
whisky wrote:I really dont like this post you seem to be all over that place finding someone to pin the scum tag on. I also dont like how u ask someone a question about there actions on other players, normally this is sort of ok but here im sure this is another tactic to deflect the chat from you.

And whats all this phone business? we all have stuff to do. have some more time on the phone
vote Darla
This is how whisky votes Darla. That post didn't contain attempts to pin the scum tug on players, the questions she asks are not anti-town and posting from a phone is a horrible reason to vote someone. Yet he hasn't lifted his vote and continues to treat it as serious. Horrible vote-parking?

VOTE: whisky
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

brokenscraps wrote:
Llamarble wrote:I already explained this. Obviously scum don't want to lynch their buddies, but seeing a lot of players who would be easy to lynch on someone's scumlist suggests they care more about lynches being easy to push through than about them actually being on scum.
This still depends on them being town.

Your reasoning is generally good though. I'm unsure about lynching you today. UNVOTE: Llamarble

However, if even one of the scum wasn't voting your wagon then it is very suspicious that your wagon fell apart at L-1. I have my eye on you but am willing to have a whisky lynch today.
whisky wrote:I really dont like this post you seem to be all over that place finding someone to pin the scum tag on. I also dont like how u ask someone a question about there actions on other players, normally this is sort of ok but here im sure this is another tactic to deflect the chat from you.

And whats all this phone business? we all have stuff to do. have some more time on the phone
vote Darla
This is how whisky votes Darla. That post didn't contain attempts to pin the scum tug on players, the questions she asks are not anti-town and posting from a phone is a horrible reason to vote someone. Yet he hasn't lifted his vote and continues to treat it as serious. Horrible vote-parking?

VOTE: whisky
Be warned: L2 (No hammers before claim, no oops hammers)
Gotta reread Whisky. And analyze his wagoning
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Llamarble wrote: And I do find accusations of "spamming the thread" offensive; I've been responding to accusations and looking for scum.
Don't get me wrong; post as often as you want, the more often the better.

I just don't think that the sheer quantity of posts you made while in trouble should be a reason for people to consider you town, but it feels like that's what's going on.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by brokenscraps »

Yos wrote:Don't get me wrong; post as often as you want, the more often the better.
I believe it was Llama who said being concise was pro-town and I think he is generally correct, it is almost impossible to respond to everything he is saying and that has been choking up the game somewhat. I prefer what he has done to the fluff of some others but posting as much as he has is confusing the town.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Okay, those responses both make sense. It was the implication of worthlessness that bothered me.
I got yelled at by Parama in my newbie game for too many walls and have made effort to be more concise in games since then, but it's definitely fair to say I relapsed here so far.

Now it's time to do a more thorough investigation of Whiskey since my previous results on him were pretty conflicted.
I'm almost certain the "top idea" thing was sarcastic regardless of his alignment though.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

DLG wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:Please explain how my play is "antitown". AFAIC, my play is antitown if and only if Llamarble is scum. It is not automatically antitown to try and derail a lynch that looks like happening. Cohesiveness =/= scum lynch. I saw a consensus I strongly disliked the origins of, so I went after it.

Your play looks scummy if Llamarble is scum. Your play is anti-town for helping to destroy what consensus had been achieved. This is particularly true because
your vote was part of the origins of that consensus
. I never said cohesiveness is equivalent to lynching scum. You saw a consensus that you disliked the target of. At best, you could claim to dislike the late comers to that wagon, not the origins.

I responded to the points I wanted to. I didn't respond to the others because I was unwilling to engage in a debate designed solely to distract attention from the main focus, Llamarble. Classifying what was going on as you versus me perfectly illustrates the point. It was me versus Llamarble if it was anything. Who appointed you Johnnie Cochran to Llamarble's O.J. Simpson?

@ Jahudo
Are you willing to share who you are willing to see lynched, then? By process of elimination, I'm guessing Bub Bidderskins or me.
There is
nothing
antitown about helping destroy a bad consensus - and I think this might well be a bad consensus. By "origins" I really meant "reasons". It is indeed the late comers I dislike.

When I see terribad arguments, I will attack them and call them scummy, whoever they are on. Llama was making a lot of the points I was making, but he was rather overwhelmed and was looking a bit desperate. I thought that weighing in was necessary, so that people could see how disastrous the arguments against Llama really were. If that makes me his lawyer, then that's fine with me.

If Llama is scum, obviously there is lots of scum motivation for my recent play. We'll cross that bridge if it turns out to exist.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Things for me to definitely do tonight: talk about MW. This is long overdue, and there's no good reason for that.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”