Newbie 1055 (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Zachrulez »

1st vote count of day 2:

MrBump - 2 (DavidParker, Vittorio Salamdien)

Not voting: (SxyBeast, MrBump, Doros, Stefunny, Haylen)

With 7 alive it's 4 to lynch.

Day 2 shall end no later than Tuesday, Feb 22nd at 10:30pm CST.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:41 am

Post by MrBump »

My unvote was because I didn't realise he was on zero votes. I said at the time, and still do, that I thought we were letting him start anew and rectify his mistakes.
I said already I'm incredibly pissed off. My English coursework decided it wanted to asplode and just ugh. Also every single game I'm in atm everyone wants to kill me for baaasically no fucking reason.

Sxy unvoted him too, and hopped on the wagon. Why are you tunnelling me, now?

"Oh I agree it's horrible, but it does seem somewhat representative of his posting style at times. Although that particular post is probably one of his worse."
What's that supposed to mean/who's it aimed at?

I get the feeling you two are ganging up on me when there's only one scum remaining which is just downright annoying.

I killed Gapoc, deal with it. He self-hammered because of my wall. That's me KILLING him. I did not say everyone sheeped me or something.
You're making a mountain out of a molehill here. And trying to make a case based off purely me unvoting.
The fact of the matter is, when I suggested you were Maf with Gapoc yesterday you got really, REALLY defensive with "If I was Maf, I would have had to do _____", which is what I'm doing now. Don't use your own argument against me.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 am

Post by DavidParker »

First to correct a few things:
Sxy wasn't on the wagon the first time Gapoc got to L-1, the wagon consisted of you/me/Stef/Gapoc. I unvoted followed by gapoc then Stef then you. I then revoted him followed by you, and then Vittorio/Sxy finally gapoc self-hammering. (In the middle I pressured Doros with a vote before going back to the gapoc wagon)

Current scum list:

Vittorio: Top of my town list probably. I see a lot indicating to me he is town from even his first few one-liner-ish posts.
SxyBeast: Some genuine town-like posts at time, she didn't unvote gapoc as you claimed, she wasn't on the wagon when he first got to L-1. Also she is the last person I would expect to night-kill Vinoth.
Doros: Oh dear. A quick re-read of Doros yells scum.

Before I go any further,
Unvote, Vote: Doros

Stef: Slight scum read, partly due to aiding in gapocs wagon being derailed, lurking a lot, posts like this
stef wrote:I'm going to Vote: SxyBeast. I don't think gapoc is necessarily the most scummy, I just think he is more active than others I find to be scummy. I have a feeling our scum may be quiet...
make me wonder.

Haylen: Zero read. Would love to be a cop just because of this slot... But, probably town because I have 2-3 other scum reads. Legitimately busy/sick at times it seems.
MrBump: I'm back and forth at the moment. A lot of what makes him scummy is situation and timing... Something that town players can unfortunately come across at times (ie: when they decide to change their reads or bandwagon a player, and a flip can make a town player look really scummy depending on when he moved his vote where etc and what he's said). On his own, he hasn't been super scummy, definitely some very vague/non-committal posts but that seems to be apart of his "style"

Oh right, I didn't say anything more on Doros:

Doros, on her own merits (ie: not in the context of gapoc's scum buddy):
HUGE case here. Absolutely nothing in her posts. States she doesn't know how to scum hunt. Asks how to scum hunt. The wiki's been posted, numerous games are there for browsing, I mean you just seem to fence-sit and ask people what to do all game. Even when its explained she just keeps questioning what she should be doing. It just doesn't seem like town. Even super-newbie-town don't play like this. Seems more like newbie-scum just deciding to play the "HUGE NEWBIE" card and hope it helps them.

Doros, as gapoc's scum partner:
There is ZERO comments from Doros on gapoc once the game actually starts. Their start-game interactions don't really seem strongly like scum-buddy interactions... Ie: Scum pointing out their buddy is online but not posting, but still plausible. Gapoc did unvote right away. However, once gapoc gets under real pressure, doros just starts posting questions about how she should be scum hunting (HINT: TALKING ABOUT GAPOC AND YOUR OPINION ON HIM WOULD BE A GOOD START). Doros also no comment when I ask her who of the 3 of us (me/bump/gapoc) is most scummy in our interactions. "oh its too early"

I have yet to see a single read from Doros.

Also, for the sake of curiosity and now that it's actually game-relevant, what is your gender Doros? Funnily enough the gender issue had been brought up pre-Gapoc's gender-slip, so I'm becoming less convinced it was a slip.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:55 am

Post by DavidParker »

As you can see I've never used a spoiler tag in my life.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:56 am

Post by MrBump »

I decided to re-read Doros again after David said. That's basically what I said about Doros but on a less extreme level.

I agree with everything said by David. Doros is so scummy it's insane. I just thought it was being silly or something, but it practically has a flag waving saying "SUP BROS SCUM HERE".

VOTE: Doros
Inb4Isheepedorsomethinglikethat
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by DavidParker »

There's nothing wrong with bandwagoning scum.
Stefunny
Stefunny
Goon
Stefunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by Stefunny »

Okay, after reading everything that has gone down I'm going to say that I am feeling pretty solid about David Parker being the second scum. I started to get this feeling toward the end of D1 but the Gapoc incident happened before I got a chance to explain why.
I always like to reread early stuff after scum has been lynched. I am surprised by Gapocs seeming ineptness at the game but not by Vinoths death. Gapoc pretty much revealed Vinoth was town so if they had killed somebody else it would have narrowed down who could have been scum by two people at the beginning of today. I understand the whole "VINOTH IS TOWN" thing could have been a trick, but it really seemed more like a slip of an inexperienced scum, therefore the most convenient kill was Vinoth. Also good scum tends to keep around people who they think they can get lynched or who cause controversy. Vinoth really doesn't fit either of those categories.

After we find out gapoc is scum the best thing to do in my opinion is look at his interactions with other players. Yes, David kept voting and unvoting him but I really feel like this was all done on purpose. The first unvote was done once people actually started to follow the vote and then you laid into Doros pretty hard (Confirming like 3 times?) But when it looked like a lynch was coming he jumped back on the bandwagon so maybe he would look like he wasn't sacrificing a scum mate.

David asked a few times for people not to follow his votes, which I kind of find as odd. It honestly felt like "I'm voting for gapoc, but please find some originality and vote for somebody else" because he didn't really WANT gapoc to be lynched. Then there was the coaching.
DavidParker wrote:I'm actually taking into account his maturity and age when analyzing him, which is probably working in his favor, but definitely still worthy of vote, I wouldn't say he's "too scummy to be allowed to live" yet.
Gapoc is blindly following other players largely and that's not too uncommon or unexpected given the circumstances of this being a nebwie game and his inexperience.

I just greatly dislike the WIFOM he used which did come of us as scummy whereas the ATE was more townish given him being a newbie.
Were you a little frustrated that he was following you and not distancing himself like you felt he should have been?
DavidParker wrote:That is not the correct way to respond to being put at L-2. (You are now L-1)

Please try again.

I suggest you browse over some other newbie games to see where you are going wrong.
DavidParker wrote: i don't consider gapoc's self vote as scummy as others do, in fact i don't find it very scummy from a newbie, more of a null-tell at this point.
Here is what you want to avoid for future games:
gapoc wrote:I voted for you because you were SE, and because you were inactive
Two bad reasons for a vote early on. As a RVS that's somewhat okay, and i wasn't too opposed to this vote. Just don't try justify it as a "serious" vote. The reasoning behind it is too poor.
gapoc wrote:and am happy (well not really, since now I'll be innocently lynched
Appeal to emotion. (ATE). It's bad. And considered a slight scum tell. But it's really common from newbies who get pressured and don't understand why (especially as town).

gapoc wrote:I might as well resign, because I want to see how the mafia reacts to this (who they kill, why, etc.) and hopefully can do better in another game.
No, you might as well not. If you are town, you should be playing to your win condition. (same as scum too). That involves not giving up. Fight back, argue as to why you are town. DO BETTER IN THIS GAME. NOT YOUR NEXT GAME.

Your second paragraph on Haylen is good. Keep more coming. That's all you need to do, is post your opinions, even if you don't think they are likely to be right, post YOUR OPINIONS, not OTHER PEOPLES.
gapoc wrote:No idiot would be stupid enough to draw as much attention to himself as I am doing now...
This is WIFOM. (Search for it on wiki if you don't know what that means). Avoid WIFOM in general.

Your last paragraph is bad. IT's a bunch of ATE and WIFOM. No one hates you obviously..

So..

As for newbie scum tells in your last few posts when you've given up: (more directed at other people than gapoc)
gapoc wrote:I may be new, but I hope you don't actually think I'd be stupid enough to put myself at L-1 if I were mafia. Losing a mafia goon on D-1 is pretty much an automatic loss for them. Besides, I wouldn't be nearly as active if I were mafia. No idiot would be stupid enough to draw as much attention to himself as I am doing now...
This ATE seems to be trying to get people to unvote.. Suggests he may not have given up quite yet and it is a "ploy". Him drawing attention to himself wasn't even intentional. It was just his poor and inexperienced way of dealing with pressure.
gapoc wrote:I'm not ready to roleclaim, because (of course!), no one would believe me, but, eh, you win some, you lose some!
LOLWOT? Didn't you already soft-claim in your previous post? Hmm. Tempted to leave my vote here...
As an SE I am fully on board with helping others but I feel like you excessively tried to assist gapoc in his play, and I feel the reasoning behind it was you were worried about your inexperienced scum mate making a silly mistake.

Also you keep emphasizing not to listen to gapocs slips after his identity was revealed but I think it is because you don't want it to be narrowed down to being JUST the guys. I don't think gapoc would have purposefully put a he/him in his post to throw everyone off. That would have been a lot of thought to try and mislead everyone. I don't think gapoc put that much thought into his posts once he revealed he was scum. It really seems like you are just trying to get the attention off of you and the other guys. So in my eyes that slip DOES narrow it down. And honestly if it IS a girl your argument against me doesn't have any sort of reasoning behind it versus why other girls would be a possibility. Your reasoning for it not being Sxy is
DavidParker wrote:First to correct a few things:
Sxy wasn't on the wagon the first time Gapoc got to L-1, the wagon consisted of you/me/Stef/Gapoc. I unvoted followed by gapoc then Stef then you.
Sxy hadn't even POSTED in the thread by the time we'd voted and unvoted. So how does that rule her out exactly?

Also, out of curiosity, how are you so sure VS is town?

I just don't like the conversations that happened between David and gapoc. No, there isn't day talk, but I feel there was a lot of coaching going on and the post about it not being correct to vote for yourself at L-2 really strikes me as "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Vote:
DavidParker

And before you call it OMGUS, it's not, I started to get a funny feeling about you before N1 began and you seemed to have confirmed it as of late.
Show
Founding Member of the
U
n
i
c
o
r
n
Brethren

Spoiler: (best spoiler ever)

"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Vittorio Salamdien »

DavidParker wrote:As you can see I've never used a spoiler tag in my life.
Sorry, I am lost. What do you mean?

And what's with the blocked out bits in your previous post?
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Stefunny, that's some good, solid detective work there. I need to re-read some things, again (sigh).

For now,

UNVOTE: MrBump
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Post by Doros »

Vinoth, you was the last one to the party and the first to leave. Sorry to see you go, but hopefully you had some fun.
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by Doros »

DavidParker wrote:
Before I go any further,
Unvote, Vote: Doros

Oh DavidParker...you miss me. :D
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Post by Doros »

Stefunny wrote:Okay, after reading everything that has gone down I'm going to say that I am feeling pretty solid about David Parker being the second scum. I started to get this feeling toward the end of D1 but the Gapoc incident happened before I got a chance to explain why.
I always like to reread early stuff after scum has been lynched. I am surprised by Gapocs seeming ineptness at the game but not by Vinoths death. Gapoc pretty much revealed Vinoth was town so if they had killed somebody else it would have narrowed down who could have been scum by two people at the beginning of today. I understand the whole "VINOTH IS TOWN" thing could have been a trick, but it really seemed more like a slip of an inexperienced scum, therefore the most convenient kill was Vinoth. Also good scum tends to keep around people who they think they can get lynched or who cause controversy. Vinoth really doesn't fit either of those categories.

After we find out gapoc is scum the best thing to do in my opinion is look at his interactions with other players. Yes, David kept voting and unvoting him but I really feel like this was all done on purpose. The first unvote was done once people actually started to follow the vote and then you laid into Doros pretty hard (Confirming like 3 times?) But when it looked like a lynch was coming he jumped back on the bandwagon so maybe he would look like he wasn't sacrificing a scum mate.

David asked a few times for people not to follow his votes, which I kind of find as odd. It honestly felt like "I'm voting for gapoc, but please find some originality and vote for somebody else" because he didn't really WANT gapoc to be lynched. Then there was the coaching.
DavidParker wrote:I'm actually taking into account his maturity and age when analyzing him, which is probably working in his favor, but definitely still worthy of vote, I wouldn't say he's "too scummy to be allowed to live" yet.
Gapoc is blindly following other players largely and that's not too uncommon or unexpected given the circumstances of this being a nebwie game and his inexperience.

I just greatly dislike the WIFOM he used which did come of us as scummy whereas the ATE was more townish given him being a newbie.
Were you a little frustrated that he was following you and not distancing himself like you felt he should have been?
DavidParker wrote:That is not the correct way to respond to being put at L-2. (You are now L-1)

Please try again.

I suggest you browse over some other newbie games to see where you are going wrong.
DavidParker wrote: i don't consider gapoc's self vote as scummy as others do, in fact i don't find it very scummy from a newbie, more of a null-tell at this point.
Here is what you want to avoid for future games:
gapoc wrote:I voted for you because you were SE, and because you were inactive
Two bad reasons for a vote early on. As a RVS that's somewhat okay, and i wasn't too opposed to this vote. Just don't try justify it as a "serious" vote. The reasoning behind it is too poor.
gapoc wrote:and am happy (well not really, since now I'll be innocently lynched
Appeal to emotion. (ATE). It's bad. And considered a slight scum tell. But it's really common from newbies who get pressured and don't understand why (especially as town).

gapoc wrote:I might as well resign, because I want to see how the mafia reacts to this (who they kill, why, etc.) and hopefully can do better in another game.
No, you might as well not. If you are town, you should be playing to your win condition. (same as scum too). That involves not giving up. Fight back, argue as to why you are town. DO BETTER IN THIS GAME. NOT YOUR NEXT GAME.

Your second paragraph on Haylen is good. Keep more coming. That's all you need to do, is post your opinions, even if you don't think they are likely to be right, post YOUR OPINIONS, not OTHER PEOPLES.
gapoc wrote:No idiot would be stupid enough to draw as much attention to himself as I am doing now...
This is WIFOM. (Search for it on wiki if you don't know what that means). Avoid WIFOM in general.

Your last paragraph is bad. IT's a bunch of ATE and WIFOM. No one hates you obviously..

So..

As for newbie scum tells in your last few posts when you've given up: (more directed at other people than gapoc)
gapoc wrote:I may be new, but I hope you don't actually think I'd be stupid enough to put myself at L-1 if I were mafia. Losing a mafia goon on D-1 is pretty much an automatic loss for them. Besides, I wouldn't be nearly as active if I were mafia. No idiot would be stupid enough to draw as much attention to himself as I am doing now...
This ATE seems to be trying to get people to unvote.. Suggests he may not have given up quite yet and it is a "ploy". Him drawing attention to himself wasn't even intentional. It was just his poor and inexperienced way of dealing with pressure.
gapoc wrote:I'm not ready to roleclaim, because (of course!), no one would believe me, but, eh, you win some, you lose some!
LOLWOT? Didn't you already soft-claim in your previous post? Hmm. Tempted to leave my vote here...
As an SE I am fully on board with helping others but I feel like you excessively tried to assist gapoc in his play, and I feel the reasoning behind it was you were worried about your inexperienced scum mate making a silly mistake.

Also you keep emphasizing not to listen to gapocs slips after his identity was revealed but I think it is because you don't want it to be narrowed down to being JUST the guys. I don't think gapoc would have purposefully put a he/him in his post to throw everyone off. That would have been a lot of thought to try and mislead everyone. I don't think gapoc put that much thought into his posts once he revealed he was scum. It really seems like you are just trying to get the attention off of you and the other guys. So in my eyes that slip DOES narrow it down. And honestly if it IS a girl your argument against me doesn't have any sort of reasoning behind it versus why other girls would be a possibility. Your reasoning for it not being Sxy is
DavidParker wrote:First to correct a few things:
Sxy wasn't on the wagon the first time Gapoc got to L-1, the wagon consisted of you/me/Stef/Gapoc. I unvoted followed by gapoc then Stef then you.
Sxy hadn't even POSTED in the thread by the time we'd voted and unvoted. So how does that rule her out exactly?

Also, out of curiosity, how are you so sure VS is town?

I just don't like the conversations that happened between David and gapoc. No, there isn't day talk, but I feel there was a lot of coaching going on and the post about it not being correct to vote for yourself at L-2 really strikes me as "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Vote:
DavidParker

And before you call it OMGUS, it's not, I started to get a funny feeling about you before N1 began and you seemed to have confirmed it as of late.
Stefunny made some good points. DavidParker is coming strong after me the same way gapoc did in the last round. I vote for
DavidParker
Doros
Doros
Townie
Doros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:02 am

Post by Doros »

Also, I remembered something strange from the early part of the game. DavidParker manipulated what info you could see (see below). He only quoted the top part of Haylen's post and doesn't want you to see the rest of the questions in order to make you all think what he is saying is true and to make me look bad. As stipulated on the first page with the roles, it is in their job description to try and get a townie lynch.

Doros wrote:The birthday party was great! We had a vanilla cake with fruits and whip cream, pop, ballons, spaghetti & noodles, and so on. :mrgreen:

Okay, back to the game. Thanks for the unvote gapoc! I could tell that you are very enthusiatic about playing this game. :)

DavidParker wrote:

@Doros:
Doros wrote:Busy...busy...busy. Sorry, I have kept some of you waiting. :neutral: Anyways, back to the important things.

Haylen wrote:
Can you all answer these please!
[/quote
Ugh so, you finally make a post in this thread and all you answer is some random questions. Those questions are not even relevant to alignments in this specific game nor will they be particularly useful in finding scum.. What made you think they were important? I'd much rather you have responded and analysed/discussed everything else going on (namely the "gapoc" incident and possibly some comments on mrbump /myselfs alignments/intentions as there was a lot from both of us so far.

Haylen, be patient, this isn't your first newbie game, you really shouldnt get upset by what they say this early on. They don't know how games work. I remember coming from a site where game-days lasted 1 real life day, and expected mass activity. Similarly the maturity level in this specific game doesn't seem to be the highest but there's no reason to get "angry" ;/
DavidParker, I think the questions are important because Haylen, our IC, asked us to answer it. Here are the questions:
Haylen wrote:
Can you all answer these please!

1. Is there any time coming up where we can expect you to not be very active?
I'm v/la at the Weekends but I will pop my head in.

2. Have you familiarized yourself with Mafia Discussion and the Wiki?
Duh. Wiki admin.

3. Have you read at least one completed game on site?
I like to think so.

4. What is your experience level? How many games have you played? Are there any complete newbies in the house? Does everyone know how the game in general works.
Played roughly 70 games, modded 12-ish now - the majority of which were newbie games. Currently playing IC'ing in two games, playing as a hydra and modding a newbie and large normal - soon running another newbie.

NOTE: I do not encourage random questioning about game theory because I've seen it be devastating for town before. (I should know, I was the scum asking the questions! >.<)
Haylen was asking when we will be busy, if we read up on the rules & stuff, seen a game played, and our experience level. So I don't think they are just randomn questions. I don't know much about the "gapoc incident" or the mrbump/yourself alignments/intentions. Can't you boys get along?
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:18 am

Post by MrBump »

He didn't manipulate anything... That's the worst defence I've ever seen, Doros...
Also, don't quote a MASSIVE quote and reply with one line :P

Stefunny raises some great points, but I'd rather go with Doros today. I was suspicious of David's random change in play from nice and friendly to randomly pushing a lynch on me, and his play towards the end of D1.

Wait, hoooold the show.

He re-re-re-re-confirmed his Doros vote, right? He was like 100% certain. He swaps for basically no reason, then at the start of the today votes me. THEN he suddenly remembers "Shit, I'm suspicious of Doros" and makes a case on Doros. HMM.

TODAY WE LYNCH ONE OF THEM
THEN WE LYNCH THE OTHER
THEN WE WIN
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:46 am

Post by DavidParker »

I have just skimmed the last few posts, and after 4 (maybe 5?) beers after work I'm not in a perfect state, but I'd like to just post, because there's so much hilarity going on.

1) Vinoth was the person I was going to be voting today. He was my #1 pick for Gapoc's buddy, and definitely somoene i found scummy even if gapoc flipped town. Gapoc revealed him as town?? Are you joking??? He did no such thing. Vinoth appeared most likely to be gapoc's buddy to me, so i'm rather glad he was night killed personally. Vinoth would have been an EASY lynch to push for today, and one I was planning on initially pushing for if he was still alive.
2) Since when was I good scum??? Re: "Also good scum tends to keep around people who they think they can get lynched or who cause controversy. Vinoth really doesn't fit either of those categories.". I've won one in maybe 6 or 7 games as scum on this site...
3) "David asked a few times for people not to follow his votes, which I kind of find as odd. It honestly felt like "I'm voting for gapoc, but please find some originality and vote for somebody else" because he didn't really WANT gapoc to be lynched. Then there was the coaching."... Umm, it's called being an SE. I was telling people to scum hunt, rather than repsond to all my posts with "i agree or david makes a goood point, or *vote person who david just voted*". It's annoying. I don't mind band wagoning a case you agree on but doing only that and just adding nothing was what a number of players were doing. Hint: It was coaching, but it was town coaching a player of unknown alignment. If he was town I wanted him scum hunting (And as an SE it's my job to help teach), so I was trying to push him in the right direction, regardless of his alignment.

@Stef: I have no intention of calling OMGUS, with Vinoth killed and Gapoc throwing in the "him" to describe his scum buddy I fully expected a case to be made against me from either yourself or Haylen. There was a case waiting to be made that wasn't hard to make. So I'm not surprised. But I will state I know I'm not the lynch for today, and highly doubt I will be lynched.

My read on Vittorio is mostly gut, but he has laid down some strong town-tells:
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2749790 : VS's first *real* post. He makes a strong point against gapoc, and is the first of the newbie to actually post some original content, and an opinion that is their own. The fact it was against scum-flip wins him town points. Also he did all this in his first post.
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2749920 : This post was when I Decided VS is town. I mean he's making a weak point against Doros, and it's not a point that even makes Doros scummy. But he brings up a point that scum wouldn't even think of making. WHen scum are trying to fake-scumhunt they aren't going to be looking at syntax the way VS just did here. The fact he posted regarding something Doros has said that was very minimal, but showed STRONG town-thought behind it. I don't see how scum could make a post like this one here. I mean it's not that he made a good case or accusation vs Doros, it's just the line of thought is only one I see town coming to. (It was in response to this post that I claimed VS was definitely town).

I'll stop there, because that pretty much sums up VS-town.

@Stef: you seem to imply I have only "coached" gapoc. My reconfirming of my vote on Doros was actually my coaching him/her to do some of her own scum hunting and stop fence-sitting and doing nothing. So when Doros flips scum, I guess that makes me the third scum for having coached him/her as well? I mean coaching both scum for playing badly makes me scum??? This is a newbie game you are forgetting. I am coaching people to help them. Both people I have coached is because they have played bad/scummily. That is why I have tried to coach them. It doesn't mean I still don't think of them as scum WHILE I am coaching them (thats why I was still voted gapoc despite the coaching, I still figured he was scum)

@Anyone with a brain: How is anything Doros has done been pro-town in any way? He/She has posted one liners constantly, only sheeped players, hasn't even tried to scum hunt. I Re-confirmed my vote on her like 3-4 times because I was voting her (i'm just gonna use her) for fence-sitting and not scum-hunting, she didnt even try after I voted her, so i re-iterated my point.

She has begun day 2 by sheeping Stef (a reasonable thing to do if she actually genuinely believed I was scummy), but she doens't even mind me scummy, she states "stef brings up a good point on david, so ill vote david"... Okay... That sounds believeable... not.

@Mrbump/Doros: Of course I didn't manipulate anything, I just didnt quote an entire post because a lot of the post was irrelevant to my point and would just waste space. I didn't manipulate your post to twist your words at all though.

@Mrbump: once again, my reconfirming my vote, was my way of coaching/pointing out that despite my voting Doros and telling her to scum hunt and actually play the game she stopped doing it. That doesn't make me 100% sure she was scum. It just means her response to my vote sucked and I wanted to let her know that.

I switched my vote and case from you to Doros? So what. I'm town, I don't know for sure who the last scum is. I'd say it's one of you two, but I'm not even sure of that. of course I'm going to change my mind at times. Right now I'm pretty sure it's Doros, but I'm still keeping an eye on Haylen as well.
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:01 am

This game is starting to get interesting.
Stefunny
, what say you?

DavidParker
, I'm trying very hard not to be suspicious of you; you speak a lot of sense but there's something about you that still leaves me feeling ill at ease.

[Oh, and do say what that 'spoiler tag' post was all about, and the blocked text before that.]

I think Gapoc was an easy find; everyone else is difficult to pin down.

And
Sxybeast
, what say you?

MrBump
, rest easy this good day.

People, I too have had a long day, some beer &c; I'll be hanging a bit, but probably won't post. I'll be trying to read through posts, but yeah, a bit inebriated.

For now I just want to say, everybody note that we have only one more scum to find:

* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies

(Mod, post #2: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p2741372)
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:16 am

Post by DavidParker »

Oh my bad, forgot to address that. The Blacked out text was my attempt to use a spoiler tag. I had no idea how they work, I was hoping to put the quote in a spoiler drop down menu sorta thing I have seen other people use, so that my sentence made sense. I inserted a quote into the middle of a sentence, so I didn't want the quote to stand out (hence the spoiler tags on it, but they failed).

It was just a syntactical thing.

You'll notice a single black line before the quote, because the quote is meant to be the spiler'd part. I put the close tag in the wrong place. ANd quotes can't be spoilered the way I did it. Although there is a way other people do it :/

Spoiler: This post makes me wonder
Stef wrote:I'm going to Vote: SxyBeast. I don't think gapoc is necessarily the most scummy, I just think he is more active than others I find to be scummy. I have a feeling our scum may be quiet...

is kinda what i was aiming at.

@Vittorio: no comment on Doros? have you seen what he has posted? (You can go to bottom of page, click "Display posts by User", go to Doros's name and it shows only his posts. You'll find a bunch nothing.

@Doros: Why do you keep ignoring my question? It's funny because before it was somewhat irrelevant and more to help me play the game more comfortably, but now it's actually become relevant to discussion, and you STILL ignore my question.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:27 am

Post by MrBump »

DavidParker wrote:1) Vinoth was the person I was going to be voting today. He was my #1 pick for Gapoc's buddy, and definitely somoene i found scummy even if gapoc flipped town. Gapoc revealed him as town?? Are you joking??? He did no such thing. Vinoth appeared most likely to be gapoc's buddy to me, so i'm rather glad he was night killed personally. Vinoth would have been an EASY lynch to push for today, and one I was planning on initially pushing for if he was still alive.
Bull and shit, I made this exact argument and you didn't listen to it.

Is there a Cop in the house anywhere, btw? IMO Cop should claim right about now. I doubt scum will want to fakeclaim at this stage anyway.
Yeah, I thought everyone knew one scum was left.
DavidParker wrote:the first of the newbie to actually post some original content, and an opinion that is their own.
Because of course, my entire case on Gapoc was just bullshit and copying you up 'till there (I'm pretty certain I was pushing the lynch at that point).
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:33 am

Thanks David. I'm getting used to the forum tools. The spoiler tag is cool.

Re Doros: when I first got here and was catching up on posts, I developed the dreadful habit of skimming Doros's posts. They were, in the parlance of our town, fluffy (sorry Doros) - they were often without substance. So, I have tended to skim all her posts. I will look at them again. Fluffing, of course, can be very scummy. And Doros's infrequent posts of late could be the fear of being discovered. Mmm, now that I think of it... DavidParker, you have a way of convincing people. It's exactly because I am so easily swayed by your arguments, that I am so skeptical of you. I hope, for the sake of my faith in humanity, that you're not scum.

Of course I made that dig at Doros, about the plural first person 'we' and certainty about survival. It could be a scum slip; it may not be. I was still finding my way and just giving anyone who I thought 'felt' a bit furry a little poke in the ribs. But I will look at Doros again.

Right now, the moment of scrutiny belongs to Sxybeast. There was some weird interaction between her and Gapoc a while back, so I'm just going over that again.

Good hunting!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Haylen »

MrBump wrote:
DavidParker wrote:1) Vinoth was the person I was going to be voting today. He was my #1 pick for Gapoc's buddy, and definitely somoene i found scummy even if gapoc flipped town. Gapoc revealed him as town?? Are you joking??? He did no such thing. Vinoth appeared most likely to be gapoc's buddy to me, so i'm rather glad he was night killed personally. Vinoth would have been an EASY lynch to push for today, and one I was planning on initially pushing for if he was still alive.

Is there a Cop in the house anywhere, btw? IMO Cop should claim right about now. I doubt scum will want to fakeclaim at this stage anyway.
Yeah, I thought everyone knew one scum was left.
DavidParker wrote:the first of the newbie to actually post some original content, and an opinion that is their own.
Because of course, my entire case on Gapoc was just bullshit and copying you up 'till there (I'm pretty certain I was pushing the lynch at that point).
You what?

Vote Mr Bump

ANOTHER case of role-fishing. Cop should only claim during lylo. And it's not lylo.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:37 am

Post by MrBump »

I don't think Sxy has posted yet today, prod tiem?

Haylen, geezus. Not all our opinions are identical. Cop claims, we get an Inno/Guilty. If Cop is fake, we lynch them. Simple as. I'm using Epic Mafia logic which is basically COP CLAIMS D1 FOR DOC PROTECT GOGOGOGO
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:38 am

Post by MrBump »

Oh yeah, the Roleblocker.
Fuck, my bad >_<
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Haylen »

MrBump wrote:I don't think Sxy has posted yet today, prod tiem?

Haylen, geezus. Not all our opinions are identical. Cop claims, we get an Inno/Guilty. If Cop is fake, we lynch them. Simple as. I'm using Epic Mafia logic which is basically COP CLAIMS D1 FOR DOC PROTECT GOGOGOGO
Cop claiming before absolutely necessary is poor play.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:54 am

Post by MrBump »

Never go to Epic Mafia then... It's basically SHEEP THE COP: THE GAME :P
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:56 am

See, now, why do you go and do that, MrBump? I was just gonna look at Sxybeast and then you pop up with a post that sets my alarms on red alert.

Your post is anti-town. Please let me explain and please do not see this as an attack on you or your personality. Let me just show you what raises my suspicions.

MrBump wrote:
Here you respond with anger/frustration/irritability to Parker. You may be right, and you're right to get irritated; but it's not in the towns interest to get angry, to show that anger, and to want to argue over having an argument of yours ignored. If you're town, you are now wanting to engage in a tit-for-tat tussle that will distract from hunting scum. Note the personal offence to yourself, form an opinion of Parker as an ass/arse-hole, perhaps it is evidence of scumhood, but don't engage in it for now. Parker may be wrong, he may be scum, etc. But we only need to kill one more scum.

Whether you like the character or not, Parker is providing info. See what you can get out of the info. If there's nothing useful to you or town, ignore it. If you argue over a detail like that, you shouldn't be surprised if/when people sniff at you.
MrBump wrote: Is there a Cop in the house anywhere, btw? IMO Cop should claim right about now. I doubt scum will want to fakeclaim at this stage anyway.
This sounds like you're hunting for roles that you can then kill at night, especially since you don't give a reason why you think the cop should claim. Why should the cop claim? Why would scum fakeclaim now in any case? I.e. why do
you
say scum won't fakeclaim? How is it related to real cop claiming?
MrBump wrote:
Again, stop thinking of it as a contest between your intellect and Parker/someone else's intellect. Who cares about who first posted original content? What matters is how hard are you hunting scum, rather than getting into these kinds of battles?

Remember, play to win. It's not about personal survival, it's not about ego; it's about your team winning. You are behaving as if your very personal survival is at stake, instead of the town's survival.

(On that 'personal survival' theme - it's typically people with roles, town or scum, who are careful to survive. So, you could be exposing yourself, either way, scum or mafia. Think about that, and please, this post is in the spirit of game-play - take it as that.)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”