Mini 1,115: Ozy and Millie Mafia (Game over!)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

Empking (1): Packbat
Jerbs (2): Zyrconium, Fishythefish
LynchMePls (4): Parama, Empking, werewolf555, vezokpiraka
Packbat (1): LynchMePls
vezokpiraka (1): DLG
werewolf555 (1): Ghostlin
Zyrconium (3): LlamaFluff, Jerbs, Antihero

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Zyrconium »

Zyrconium wrote:Only got to Post #149(on the rereading part):

Wandering through the thread again, partly to answer questions I forgot existed.
Those two lines were both meant to strongly imply(I actually thought I had said it), that I was rereading in more depth.

This is a response to Antihero's complaints mostly.(his last 2 posts)
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

DLG wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:DLG: This is a situation akin to the one we had with Mute, only worse.
I agree it is similar. I disagree that it is worse. I will say that your approach to the situation mirrors your approach there. For the record, Ghostlin was town in that game, for anyone who puts stock in meta analysis.

I'm not a fan of meta analysis.
Ghostlin wrote:Vezo, I'd vote for, but I'm really on the fence about due to the fact that I'm in No Exit with him, he just played the exact same way and turned up town; so I think this is his generic VI play, and even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
VI does not equal town. Regarding meta, see above, plus replicated behavior can just be a function of not being able to help oneself regardless of alignment. What do you think he's right about, even if just accidentally?
I don't agree with your assessment it's not worse. Mute had at least protected someone and confirmed another townie with his flip, essentally, on Day 2. With werewolf, we won't get that on Day 1, and if scum's got any kind of roleblocker at all, we'll get someone who will be consistently blocked. That's good for the other powerroles of town, but it makes scum make one less decision each night (which is bad) so those powerroles would be under threat from random scum kill. It's Mute claiming Doctor Day 2 without a protect or an investigation.

I think if you read him in iso, he's correct about voting No Lynch Day 1 being entirely awful for town. As far as I'm concerned, that's it.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Jerbs wrote:@Fishy

How come when I say that I think you are town, you call buddying, but when someone else says close to the same, you ignore it?
Who do you mean - I actually don't remember. In your case, it's because my slot had done nothing at all all game.

I dislike Ghostlin's recent posting on werewolf. The stance that we should be scared that ww is scum is reasonable, but here Ghostlin seems to be saying that werewolf is a good lynch even if he's town, which is just nonsense:
Ghostlin wrote:Personally, I'd get the Werewolf thing over with so it doesn't create a distraction on later days. He's either one of three things: a Cop who just invalided his role to essentially a Nightkillable or blocked VT, a VT lying to save his skin, or scum lying to save his skin. The first two are still dangerous to town and shouldn't be tolerated.
I think Zryc's recent posts are actually pretty reasonable. Currently struggling a little to get to grips with this game; hopefully better posting coming soon.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:40 am

Post by Packbat »

Mod: When is the deadline?
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Vi »

Packbat wrote:
There is presently no deadline. However, if activity falters, a deadline will be instated. Therefore in order to prevent a deadline from being instated (as if that DOES happen, the time window left for the Day will likely be short), activity should continue as if there were a deadline. Therefore, we have instated a deadline by instating no deadline.

If you do not feel that that sort of zen skullduggery is sufficient, you can prod the mods to place a deadline if you so prefer.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Packbat »

I highly approve of all zen skullduggery. Also, I have a feeling the deadline might be approaching - I will reread this evening and post my opinions on Zyrconium and others then.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:45 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Packbat: When do we hit deadline?
Mods: There is no deadline.
Packbat: The deadline is approaching.

I still think LMP is the best lynch although I won't hesitate to vote Z.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:49 am

Post by Parama »

unvote, vote: vezok

Where did you EVER say that you found Zyrc suspicious? And suddenly it's "I wouldn't hesitate to vote him?" I CALL BS.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Empking »

Good bye, LMP. You are not the lynch today apparently.

Unvote

Vote: Vezok
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Parama »

Emp is either clever town or stupid scum, and I don't think he's stupid.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Jerbs »

@fishy
Parama wrote: I personally though bristep's decision to replace out when he did was a town move, tbh.

@Vezo

you seemed really determined to lynch LMP, yet you say that DLG is 90% scum. Why wouldn't you focus on getting DLG lynched instead then? Also, you seem to hop on with whatever bandwagon is going on. When LMP was wagoned, you hopped on. Then, Z and wolf are wagoned and you said you are okay with lynching them
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:20 am

Post by LimMePls »

Parama wrote:Emp is either clever town or stupid scum, and I don't think he's stupid.
Explain this please.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Parama »

Even scum don't change their votes every time a wagon shifts like that. Unless they're newb/dumb. And I know Empking isn't dumb.
It's a town move because it adds pressure. And adding pressure to scum is good.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

unvote
Vote Vezok

I can get behind this wagon. Apart from that wierd move on Z, I still really dislike him just trying to push policy lynches while not pushing his top suspect.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vi wrote:
Packbat wrote:
There is presently no deadline. However, if activity falters, a deadline will be instated. Therefore in order to prevent a deadline from being instated (as if that DOES happen, the time window left for the Day will likely be short), activity should continue as if there were a deadline. Therefore, we have instated a deadline by instating no deadline.
xD
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by DLG »

Parama wrote:And adding pressure to scum is good.
Agree, 100%.

Let's go! More votes!
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

Please explain how LMP not responding to his lynch made us lay off him?
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by Jerbs »

werewolf555 wrote:Please explain how LMP not responding to his lynch made us lay off him?
because it confused the hell out of us
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Packbat »

werewolf555 wrote:Please explain how LMP not responding to his lynch made us lay off him?
Every time I've seen someone's folded in the face of a quickwagon the way LynchMePls did, they've been town. Scum care way more about not being lynched than town does.

Reread notes:

UNVOTE: Empking

I have a theory about Emp's behavior - it makes much more sense than Empscum.

For positive voting, I think Zyrconium's behavior has been relatively strange - seems to post to (a) dodge prods and (b) dodge complaints about him not posting. He occasionally provides reasonable content (e.g. interrogating me about my LMP ultimatum), but he doesn't follow up on any of it.

VOTE: Zyrconium

Show us you care.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Looking at a few players -

vezok

The case on vezok is pretty good. His defence to DLG - offering him a bet and then OMGUSing - is really weak, and the thing DLG was attacking him for (
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

...waffling about LMP) isn't bad either. More just coming, hit wrong button.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by Antihero »

Not sure how fishy is satisfied by anything Z said (which is somewhere between jack and shit).

I can't read vezok to save my life. Usually his posts are minimalistic and craptacular, and he's continuing the tradition (he was the one who put werewolf @ L-1 to begin with, though).

Now, this kind of threw me for a loop:
Packbat wrote:
Every time I've seen someone's folded in the face of a quickwagon the way LynchMePls did, they've been town. Scum care way more about not being lynched than town does.

Reread notes:

UNVOTE: Empking

I have a theory about Emp's behavior - it makes much more sense than Empscum.

For positive voting, I think Zyrconium's behavior has been relatively strange - seems to post to (a) dodge prods and (b) dodge complaints about him not posting. He occasionally provides reasonable content (e.g. interrogating me about my LMP ultimatum), but he doesn't follow up on any of it.

VOTE: Zyrconium

Show us you care.
^See anybody missing from that post?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

vezokpiraka wrote:We have to lynch LMP today if we don't want more claims and always having to fight the thought about lynching LMP the next day.
This is naked bussing and pushing the obvious lynch. Yes, he was at L-1, but why are you so eager?

I'm willing to let Werewolf slide tonight, the vezok play is horrible; and even the things about no lynch seem to be almost drafted to push town into a lynch today. I also don't like his play against DLG, who has him almost dead to rights. I'm not going to vote yet, because I don't want to hammer vezok on accident:
Mod, can we get a vote count, please?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

More on vezok

I also dislike vezok's bringing ww to L-1, and then immediately accepting his cop claim but not unvoting. Something also feels wrong about him voting LMP but promising to attack DLG tomorrow; feels like he very much wants to justify his actions to us.

Turns out the title "looking at a few people" for the last post was rather optimistic. A few things:

@AH on Zyrc - the post of his I quite liked was 280. I think the points are all good ones. I have no firm read here; I'd like to see more from Zyrc.

@Jerbs: main difference was that your buddying was unprompted, whereas Parama's statement was (presumably) a comment on what I said about you.

@LF: what do you currently think of Zyrc? I was surprised at your wagon change.

Empking's asking ww to claim early on is very scummy. Not got much of a read since then.

I'll finish this rather disjointed rereread tomorrow. Of the Zyrc and vezok wagons, I currently think vezok>Zyrc>LMP. But I definitely want to think harder before I cast a vote on a wagon which looks like leading to a lynch.

UNVOTE: , since my vote no longer reflects my thinking about the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”