(0)
15. Riceballtail
[Healthy]
(0)
16. malthusis
[Healthy]
(5) - Beefster, CryMeARiver, Katy, ThAdmiral, SnakePlissken

Not voting (2) - Bunnylover, Riceballtail,

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Malthusis is at L-1.

Deadline is on February 22 at midnight (GMT -5)[/quote]
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by malthusis »

*epic facepalms at ThAd's vote*

I don't think we need a third quicklynch, thank you very much :P
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by malthusis »

EBWOP: Nice gambit, gandalf. The scroll that alters where your vote is without having to post it in thread is a nice touch :D
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Beefster »

Well at least I didn't actually make him useless. I really did make that scroll that dished out an actual PR, BTW.
*sigh of relief*
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Beefster »

Bunnylover wrote:I would lynch Katy over Malt.
Katy claimed VT after Vezo claimed VT. Frankly I dislike VT claims which should be obvious why.
This isn't a vanillaless game. It's actually quite possible that there are 2 or more vanillas.

The way I see it, it's kinda like claiming miller early, but with a less profound effect.
Bunnylover wrote:Although both cases (from what I understand) are not great.
Right now its basically this logic been used:
I think Katy is scum ~ says the players who think Katy is scum.
No I think Malt is scum ~ says the players who think Katy is town.
And what's wrong with that train of thought?
Besides, my gut and the post I previously pointed out are my argument. In fact, the detail of malt trying to lynch Katy has little to do with anything. (at least for my case)
Bunnylover wrote:I personally don't have either ping as scum, Malt is on the town side while Katy is leaning scum but not scum.
So you're fencesitting now?
Bunnylover wrote:Another thing is I dislike TheAdmiral vote right now. The confirmed players affect players gameplay because even if we disagree with them, we are more inclined to agree with them because they are confirmed. TheAdmiral shows that in his recent post, just sheeping the confirmed players.
Why didn't you switch your vote, then? This is definitely better evidence than your Katy argument.
Bunnylover wrote:Also another thing, what is wrong with lynching a VT player? If we don't lynch them, scum is less likely to kill them if they are town because they have no powers and therefore no threat to them, if we don't lynch them and they are scum well we lose.
There is no such thing as an acceptable mislynch. In all truth, they should be avoided at all costs. Every mislynch brings the scum one player closer to a win.

FoS: Bunnylover

Word of advice: bus your scumbuddy.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

@Beefster: If Malt was my buddy, I would have bussed him a long time ago. I know that I am putting myself at risk since I do not know who is going to flip what, but I believe Malt is town and I'm not going to be afraid to say that and stand up for him when he is about to be lynched.
Now to address your post in chronological order:

Yes, their is at least 1 VT in the game. What I am saying is it strange that of all the people to claim a second VT status it was Katy who the majority of the votes/suspicions was on. Do you disagree with that logic?

The logic is kinda stupid. If a townie pushes a mislynch, they are not going to know if it is a mislynch because they only know their alignment and no one elses. To lynch that player for pushing that lynch is idiotic. Now if it was 2 or 3 mislynches then yeah to hell with that person. For all we know, Malt can be leading us in the same direction. His votes are coming prematurely in my opinion, as if people already know Katy is town (which is why I questioned CMAR), to be honest we don't know Katy alignment and we won't know until a flip.
Your gut read on Malt is fine. I can't argue against a gut read as I have them a lot in games, what I am saying is that its other people vote that are like making me go, "wait what?"

You can go through my ISO. I have never once said Katy is scum. I have said during this day that Malt is town. It is not fencesitting. I've given my opinion on Malt case have I not? How does that make me fence sitting? I have not voted for Katy because I was waiting for you to make your catch up post, then more discussion happen and I don't want any day ending while discussion can be happening.

I don't think I've even commented on the Katy argument. Nor have I placed my vote yet. I like people to discuss about what I have posted, to see if my line of thought is on the same level as everyone else. Its how I played. A vote is my most powerful weapon, and I don't throw it around willy nilly whenever a case arrives against another person.

Yes, mislynches must be avoided at all times. BUT a mislynch doesn't occur UNTIL THE FLIP! If we decided today to lynch you or Gandalf today, THAT WOULD BE A MISLYNCH. Why? Because you two are confirmed townies. But saying you are a VT is like damn. Scum would claim VT because they have nothing to prove. They don't have to make anything up about their night actions. One of the rules I learned in my first mafia game was lynch all VT. Now if a person said they are a VT and a cop comes out and say they are town, we aren't going to lynch them.

Right now the case on Malt is this: We should lynch Malt because he is leading a mislynch. To be a mislynch, some kinda evidence must be shown to tell what Katy alignment is. The only people who know Katy alignment is a cop who investigated her if we have a copy or scum. What happens if Malt flips town which I expect to happen? Now we have to use our next day to do what we previously wanted to do this day.
Do you see where I am going with this? How can we know we have a mislynch on our hands if we don't have a flip or any evidence to say, "Yes this is a mislynch"?

Also should we go ahead and lynch everyone on the Gandalf wagon? I mean they all created a mislynch, and by the logic were going with at the moment why shouldn't we?
Should we not lynch anyone who lynched Katy because we ended up lynching scum?
The logic is idotic. And I can not really understand how anyone can say this logic is fine. I do understand if a person creates mislynches then yes we should lynch said person, but no one has created any mislynches yet.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

malthusis wrote:EBWOP: Nice gambit, gandalf. The scroll that alters where your vote is without having to post it in thread is a nice touch :D
Wait, when did I vote for you?

But hey, now we can still vote for ThAd.

Unvote
VOTE: ThAdmiral
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

ThAdmiral is a vote can I get behind.
Vote: TheAdmiral

Although I would prefer CMR.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I think Thad was gambiting .

But I have to agree that it was a scummy move.

unvote
vote malt
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Lol, snow_bunny ruined any chance of that gambit working.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:39 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Started to read thru this (sorry for not being on yesterday) and I realized how ridiculous people are. My FOS had NOTHING to do with Malt starting the Katy bandwagon/suspicion. It had to do with his scumminess. I will provide a case now and then continue to read thru the page I missed.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:55 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Bit late Vezok just ha,mmered.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:04 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Malt did nothing but vote CoolDog (yellow scum) D1.
He then says how he's shocked about the gandalf quicklynch and votes Kat. Good so far.
malthusis wrote:As much I agree with you ABR, the point is this: Katuski hammered a person for no good reason. Unless you're making a Jester argument here, why/do you think Katsuki isn't scum? We can figure out the sheeping scum and just plain sheep later.
This kind of seems like he's reaching for reasons not to lynch Kat. Still, not much here.
malthusis wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:ARE YOU ALL FUCKING STUPID.
GOD DAMNIT
YOU ALL DID THE EXACT SAME SHIT THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY.

Their is scum in that list. Their has to be, or this town is the most idiotic town I've seen.
QFT, although I'm worried that they could just be idiotic town....
You put him at L2. Yet you alienate yourself from the "idiotic town".

All of his next posts are posts saying that Kat is CONFIRMED SCUM and that we should lynch him rather than leave him for the vigs. Here's a sample:
malthusis wrote:I would rather lynch Kat a CONFIRMED SCUM then hope vigs do it considering I'd rather lynch a person who I know is scum then one I know who could be scum.

But getting back to the main point, it would be nice to hear from the faces who haven't shown up yet (RBT) and the ones who haven't posted anything other then fluff (Thad off the top of my head, probably a few more I can't think of).
I absolutely agreed with this plan, hence my vote on Kat. Malt never voted Kat the 2nd time around.
@Malt: Why did you never vote Kat despite your 10 or so posts about why we should lynch him?
malthusis wrote:When everyone chimes in with some opinions and everything that needs to be discussed is, I'll be happy to hammer Katsuki myself.
I may have found the real reason why:
malthusis wrote:A Kats claim wouldn't hurt at all, but I seriously think now that it's a lost cause since he's in "shut-up so he doesn't reveal his partners" mode once he realizes he's done.
Malt was looking for a claim before the lynch. He was hesitant in his voting Kat because he didn't want Kat to be lynched too quickly before he claimed. Remember the 3rd party role from last round? I may have just found it. Or it's just a bunch of possible speculation shit.
Malt wrote:It seems pretty obvious to me that sorcerer scum would not be on Katsuki's QL wagon.

He used this to clear himself of sorcerer scum. In reality, a sorcerer could realize that Kat is being lynched and bus. Malt voted at the END of the Kat wagon (he realized Kat was being lynched) and then he proceeded to say only RBT and Katy could be sorcerer scum when this is not true at all (trying to clear himself). I could easily see Malt as sorcerer scum.
Malt wrote:That wouldn't have anything to do with bussing at all. No scum partner would simply put a vote on a person randomly that is their buddy that's about to get lynched.
More lies.

Also, as stated before, I could see the flavor in this claim:
malthusis wrote:Okay, here's my claim:

I'm a Warmage (wizard). In addition to the few spells I have left, I have a spear that does 3 points of damage.

N1 Attacked Katsuki with a spell (Failed, used up slot and took 1 HP damage from something)
N2 Attacked Katsuki with spear (I have no idea whether this worked)
N3 Attacked Beefster with spear (Probably the reason behind Beefster's stabbed kill)
N4 Had Inbox problems, don't know whether I sent my action in. It was going to be stabbing Katy with my spear, though.

I don't really see the reason behind why you want me lynched beside the case on Katy. Can anybody sum it up for me?
being yellow scum.
So I've come to the point where I could see Malt being 3rd party, sorcerer scum, or yellow scum.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:06 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

SnakePlissken wrote:Bit late Vezok just ha,mmered.
Okay I'm not joking. I skimmed the thread before I posted that case. I saw Malt was at L1 in Snow's vote count, I saw gandalf unvote, and I saw vezo vote. I for some reason thought gandalf was voting malt at the time so I still thought it was L1. :mad:
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:14 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

vezokpiraka wrote:I think Thad was gambiting .

But I have to agree that it was a scummy move.

unvote
vote malt
If this was a hammer on purpose, this is scummy.
If this was an OOPS hammer, 2 OOPS hammers in one game is too many.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:22 am

Post by malthusis »

Three quicklynches on townies.......... You don't seem to learn from your mistakes very well, do you? :?

Bah....
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:12 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Vezok is still scum..........

We got off track.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Oh, and this is why we don't let known scum live until they get poisoned to death. I'm going to hit him tomorrow, and then he'll die within two nights from the poison.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

-Votecount-

1- Beefster
[Bleeding]
(0)
2. Katy
[Healthy]
(1) - malthusis
5. gandalf5166
[Healthy]
(0)
9. CryMeARiver
[Healthy]
(0)
10. Bunnylover
[Healthy]
(0)
11. vezokpiraka
[Bruised]
(0)
12. SnakePlissken
[Healthy]
(0)
13. ThAdmiral
[Healthy]
(2) - gandalf5166, Bunnylover
15. Riceballtail
[Healthy]
(0)
16. malthusis
[Healthy]
(6) - Beefster, CryMeARiver, Katy, ThAdmiral, SnakePlissken, vezokpiraka

Not voting (1) - Riceballtail,

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Malthusis has been lynched. I don't have much time to post a full modscene, so I'll leave that one for later.

16. malthusis,
the warmage (Wizards)
, was lynched on Day 5.

It is now Night 5. Don't forget to send me your action.

Deadline is on February 9 at midnight (GMT -5)[/quote]

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

The sun rises yet again. This time, with more bad news. Two new bodies are found, while one of the corpses disappeared in the night, just as it had happened with the body of one of the savages. Of the dead ones, only one was from the campus, and not even a student himself.

10. Bunnylover,
a healer cleric
, was killed on Night 5.
11. vezokpiraka,
an adept (Wizards)
, was slashed multiple times to death on Night 5.
3. CooLDoG,
a mageslayer spymaster
, was removed from the game on Night 5.

-Votecount-

1- Beefster
[Bleeding]
(0)
2. Katy
[Healthy]
(0)
5. gandalf5166
[Healthy]
(0)
9. CryMeARiver
[Healthy]
(0)
12. SnakePlissken
[Healthy]
(0)
13. ThAdmiral
[Healthy]
(0)
15. Riceballtail
[Healthy]
(0)

Not voting (7) - Riceballtail, Beefster, CryMeARiver, Katy, ThAdmiral, SnakePlissken, gandalf5166

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

It is now Day 6. Deadline is on February 24 at midnight (GMT -5)

Btw, you see a dagger and a spear lying on the floor.

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Btw, you see a dagger and a spear lying on the floor.
Leave them for a clear (Beef/Gandalf)
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

By the way, based on the number of town reads I have, and the fact that there are supposedly 6 antitown players in the game, I find it likely that Albert was scum in some manner (whether Sorcerer or yellow) and unlikely that there are 3 scum left in the game.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Yeah, clerics definitely aren't anti-town.

ThAd, what did you do last night? And what do you think might have resulted from that that could be relevant? I do have a reason for asking this. At this point, we have 3 scum, two if we're lucky and ABR was scum. Either way, we should treat this like LyLo, and aim preferably for sorcerer scum. If we do hit yellow scum, we should still be okay if town really nails their night actions.

Me, Beefster, and Snake are all clear. So our suspects are Katy, CMAR, ThAd, and RBT. RBT scum is basically impossible, unless ABR was a professor and never posted in the QT. What this tells me is that I should be ashamed of myself. CMAR-scum is incredibly likely, and I haven't even considered it yet. It's still far less likely than Katy and ThAd scum though, which is basically confirmed.

I have to use my axe today, because if scum kill me and manage to get a hold of it, they can whack Beefster and insta-win. So I'm going to hit CMAR with it. This sounds kinda weird, but bare with me real quick. I have an ability that could allow us to get away with lynching ThAd instead of Katy. The deal is, I'm fairly sure it won't work against sorcerer scum.
We need to lynch yellow scum today so that I can disable the last yellow scum.

I'll explain more in the morning, but for now, I'm hitting CMAR, we're lynching ThAd, and
nobody
should touch CMAR tonight, as I'll be assuming he is the last yellow scum if ThAd flips yellow. If I'm wrong and he is town and ABR is the other yellow, it'll still turn out fine since the effect is the same either way: no second kill. Now, if by some chance ThAd flips sorcerer scum, then the plan is the same in effect, although my night action will be slightly different. People should still refrain from targeting CMAR, and should focus on Katy.

Still, nobody vote or anything like that, because I'm not done yet, but my mom's kicking me off.

Pick up Spear

I'll also be using this on CMAR.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by Katy »

I'm not really in a position to say anything, but I am curious. Why are you targeting CMAR with your axe and not me, if it is much more likely I am scum?

I am still pretty worried that things are not all that they seem with "confirmed" townies and so this plan to take multiple people out in one day, especially when one of them is someone you "haven't even considered" as scum, and you want to kill them first over someone you have been saying is 100% scum since the beginning.

In fact, I find the fact that I am still alive, despite having been pronounced as scum since day one, and threatened to be killed every single night to be really suspect. I am guessing it's because I will make an easy lynch when I mysteriously fail to be vigged during the night once again. I have no powers, so no one has been hitting me at all, despite the fact that I am such certain scum. Why?

Why don't you just kill me with the axe right now? Why does it have to be CMAR? If your ability won't work against sorcerer scum, why don't you use the axe on me instead to make sure you hit me?

Also, if ThAd flipped sorceror scum why would the target switch to me FROM CMAR? Hasn't your case on me always been that I am sorcerer scum, and not yellow?
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”