Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:48 am

Post by GhostWriter »

ThAd, after seeing your defense, why exactly were you pushing my lynch?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:44 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Thad reads as town, I don't like the people on jmj's wagon... while bvoigt's vote change after furc FoSed him does read oddly, LynchMe does have some good points against gonnano (mostly in post 429). I can leave G-dub alone for right now, but I've still got my eye on him.

Unvote, Vote: gonnano
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:48 am

Post by LimMePls »

InflatablePie wrote:Thad reads as town, I don't like the people on jmj's wagon... while bvoigt's vote change after furc FoSed him does read oddly, LynchMe does have some good points against gonnano (mostly in post 429). I can leave G-dub alone for right now, but I've still got my eye on him.

This doesn't make sense if you think 429 is good. 429 basically premises gonanno scum on ThAd-scum, yet you are saying ThAd is town. What up with that?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:07 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Thad, jmj, gonnao... make one of them dead, now. This game needs a flip.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:45 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ lmp: boo to you and your links that only work in the USA.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:46 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

GhostWriter wrote:ThAd, after seeing your defense, why exactly were you pushing my lynch?
Because you hadn't voted or voiced your suspicions of anybody, which is a pretty reliable scum-tell.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

LynchMePls wrote:
InflatablePie wrote:Thad reads as town, I don't like the people on jmj's wagon... while bvoigt's vote change after furc FoSed him does read oddly, LynchMe does have some good points against gonnano (mostly in post 429). I can leave G-dub alone for right now, but I've still got my eye on him.

This doesn't make sense if you think 429 is good. 429 basically premises gonanno scum on ThAd-scum, yet you are saying ThAd is town. What up with that?
Gonnano can be scum distancing himself from town-Thad as well, y'know. Then if Thad flips town he can be all "oh I knew he was town". To be honest though, I didn't realize that was your case's premise (I see it now, obviously), yet I still found gonnano scummy after reading it. I'm a bit tired and probably not making much sense, but meh.

I do have a question for you though - if Thad flips town, then what's your opinion on gonnano? Isn't it still possible he's scum?

gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by gonnano »

LMP wrote:his case is basically just a lurker case
That's not true. My vote isn't just based on the lack of involvement -- a big part of it is the way Lowell has geared all his statements toward keeping himself out of things. Lack of involvement is one thing, and scummy by itself, but there were plenty of places for town-Lowell to jump in and make some kind of contribution, which he went out of his way to avoid.
LMP wrote:just looks like trying to distract us from what we're doing right now.
As far as I can see, what you're doing right now is trying to wagon people who are less scummy than Lowell. So yeah, I'm trying to distract you from that.
Furcolow wrote:Bvoigt is right on there being a lot of support vocally for a gonnano lynch (See the above post), without people actually voting

what's up with that?
There certainly is a lot of vocal support for lynching me, and there has been for a while. Now, why on earth would all those people be reluctant to have their names included in a vote count analysis later on?
IP wrote:Gonnano can be scum distancing himself from town-Thad as well, y'know. Then if Thad flips town he can be all "oh I knew he was town".
I wish I could pull that off. Somehow, though, I think agreeing to vote for him and then claiming that I knew he was town all along would get me killed pretty quickly.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by DavidParker »

You don't like people who are on a good wagon?
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by DavidParker »

In case you guys hadn't noticed jmj has continued to stall and hasn't posted in 2-3 days.

He just keeps asking for time, when he could be providing analysis. He's posted plenty to at least comment on the recent happenings without multiple re-reads/isos. I haven't done a single re-read of the thread as a whole, and I think I've iso'd maybe 1 or 2 players very briefly (not to analyze them as a whole just to find something they posted really).

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE JMJ WAGON!?!??!?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

DavidParker wrote:WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE JMJ WAGON!?!??!?
For starters, GW and smarg are on it...

He said it's his playstyle, so I'm not gonna vote for someone just based on playstyle. If he's posting scummy/bad content, that's one thing. And if he does so, I won't mind tossing a vote on him.

Also, when LynchMe pointed out that a bunch of people were suspecting jmj but not voting (which is a common indicator of said person being scum, true (even if this "scumtell", like all, is WIFOM)), he got a crapload of votes in a very short amount of time. IMO, that's even MORE suspicious. jmj can be scum with quick-to-bus buddies, or he's town being sheeped by scum. I'll wait until he posts some content before I decide which it is.

I know someone's going to ask why I'm on gonnano rather than GW/smarg since I keep mentioning how suspicious they are: smarg-wagon won't kick off and GW-wagon has had the same people on it for forever. Basically, read what I said in ISO 10/Post 325 and switch the names around.

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

DavidParker wrote:In case you guys hadn't noticed jmj has continued to stall and hasn't posted in 2-3 days.

He just keeps asking for time, when he could be providing analysis. He's posted plenty to at least comment on the recent happenings without multiple re-reads/isos. I haven't done a single re-read of the thread as a whole, and I think I've iso'd maybe 1 or 2 players very briefly (not to analyze them as a whole just to find something they posted really).

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE JMJ WAGON!?!??!?
Yeah I was interested in seeing his analysis and ISOs if they actually provided anything, but it's clear these are empty promises.

Unvote
Vote: jmj3000
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Feysal »

At last, I've finished reading the thread. Up to the last post. Feels like I still have a ton of work to do though before I'll really know my bearings in this game. Essentially, after reading the whole thing through in one day and most of it in one sitting, I must have missed or forgotten plenty of things on the way. RedCoyote, DavidParker and Artem are among my better town reads for now. Several others I have more or less shaky town reads on, and I'm uncertain on about half of the playerlist. To speak of suspects, I feel pleased in being able to agree with my predecessor about Furcolow. As I was reading, I often saw him say and do things that would've gotten anyone else lynched, but from a village idiot they are somehow tolerated. Now, I can understand some people having town reads on him, since his town play can be atrocious, but if Furcolow survives this game after doing all this I am going to be very unhappy. Doing stupid things is one thing, but doing blatantly anti-town things and hiding behind a meta of stupidity is another. Evidently, this is not enough to convince people of him being scum though. Nothing ever seems to be... and I've seen people believe Furcolow town even after he murdered a townie in broad daylight.

After saying all that, I'm afraid I need to ask for some patience before I make my case, since it is simply much too late for me to write it now, and I expect it to be long. Usually I would be sleeping by this hour, but I wanted to finish my readthrough. Some other reads and thoughts will also have to wait for a while.

Regarding the setup, I feel that LlamaFluff was too harsh when closing the door on that discussion. Understanding his point of maybe revealing too much about our roles, I think he underestimated the amount of information already available and the conclusions we can draw from it. I started reading the first pages when I was asked if I was still willing to replace in, and before I even got my role PM I had a theory about the setup that I believe I should share. Not to take time away from scumhunting, is anyone interested? Everything I used to come up with the theory is already in the thread too, and if I'm right the scum should already know anyway, so I see no harm in it. No one seems to have reached the same conclusions though, or if someone has, no one has mentioned it.
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

.... My last post was only two days ago. In case no one realized it, today was the the god damn Super Bowl. I also have dealt with the freaking city for the past week, then was in the hospital yesterday. SO excuse the hell out of me if I am not posting to y'all's freaking stringent posting requirements. Now that it has calmed down, I can throw myself 110% into this game.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Lol. Confirm vote on jmj.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Day I, Vote Count x

PoisonIvy - 3 -
XScorpion, Beasts of the Sea, RedCoyote
bvoigt - 1 -
Stephoscope
ThAdmiral - 4 -
nachomma8, EGL, LynchMePls, LlamaFluff
XScorpion - 1 -
PoisonIvy
GhostWriter - 2 -
ThAdmiral, Lowell
Lowell - 1 -
gonnano
InflatablePie - 1 -
Artem
gonnano - 3 -
Furcolow, bvoigt, InflatablePie
jmj3000 - 4 -
DavidParker, Ghostwriter, smargaret, Scott Brosius

Not Voting - 4 -
jmj3000, Fuzzyman, Sathoris, Feysal

With twenty-four of you alive thirteen votes will lynch. The day will end on Sunday February 20th at 9am GMT.

PoisonIvy is being replaced.

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Responding to prod. I apologize, life's been crazy. I have to go to work now, but I'll catch up real-life tonight.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:00 am

Post by LimMePls »

InflatablePie wrote:I do have a question for you though - if Thad flips town, then what's your opinion on gonnano? Isn't it still possible he's scum?
Of course its still possible.
InflatablePie wrote:
DavidParker wrote:WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE JMJ WAGON!?!??!?
For starters, GW and smarg are on it...

He said it's his playstyle, so I'm not gonna vote for someone just based on playstyle. If he's posting scummy/bad content, that's one thing. And if he does so, I won't mind tossing a vote on him.

Also, when LynchMe pointed out that a bunch of people were suspecting jmj but not voting (which is a common indicator of said person being scum, true (even if this "scumtell", like all, is WIFOM)), he got a crapload of votes in a very short amount of time. IMO, that's even MORE suspicious. jmj can be scum with quick-to-bus buddies, or he's town being sheeped by scum. I'll wait until he posts some content before I decide which it is.

I know someone's going to ask why I'm on gonnano rather than GW/smarg since I keep mentioning how suspicious they are: smarg-wagon won't kick off and GW-wagon has had the same people on it for forever. Basically, read what I said in ISO 10/Post 325 and switch the names around.
QFT.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:12 am

Post by LimMePls »

jmj3000 wrote:.... My last post was only two days ago. In case no one realized it, today was the the god damn Super Bowl. I also have dealt with the freaking city for the past week, then was in the hospital yesterday. SO excuse the hell out of me if I am not posting to y'all's freaking stringent posting requirements. Now that it has calmed down, I can throw myself 110% into this game.
jmj, you can't seriously be annoyed with us, can you? Here is what we've gotten from you over the last 2 weeks.
jmj3000 wrote:Apologies about not posting for a while. Me and my family had a unexpected huge problem we had to deal with, thanks to our bitch of a neighbor. Give me another day to get to where my mind is not focused on whats been going on, and I will be able to catch-up.
jmj3000 wrote:Ok, drama with the city and everything is done. Now, I am about to do an in-depth reread of the thread. Off we go.
jmj3000 wrote:.... really furc? 2 hours, and i am "promising, but not delivering"? I'm taking notes and everything, give me a little while. It might take me a while, but I will deliver.
jmj3000 wrote:No vote because I am re-reading, then reading everyone in iso. Give me some time.
jmj3000 wrote:DP, why are you voting me on the basis of reading everyone in iso?
jmj3000 wrote:Jesus christ people. I have been dealing with the city for the past few days, only just recently getting a chance to do any reading of any kind. I always do ISO reads when I am doing catch-up,not matter what day it is. I also tend to analyze votes on day 1. The reason I do ISO reads is I tend to skim posts when I am reading a whole page of different people's posts, so I focus on Just one persons posts at a time. You don't like it, deal with it, you will get a catch-up post in my own way.
If you were playing in a game and you saw that string of posts from someone, you wouldn't at least consider the possibility that they are lurking scum? It's not "stringent" posting requirements that's the problem, it's that we expect SOMETHING over the course of 2 weeks. If you'd said 2 weeks ago that you wouldn't be able to participate for the next 2 weeks, you probably would have been replaced. So, if you have the time to play in the game, you'd be doing us all a huge favor by actually playing. We'd love to have your participation. If you don't have the time then maybe you should say so? It's kinda rude to the rest of us for you to keep promising us content and not delivering. We understand that life happens, no one is saying you HAVE to play. But mafia is a commitment to a group of players, and if you can't make the commitment, common decency says that at the very least you should tell us that.

*hops off soapbox*

ThAd lynch is still the correct play. Where are those votes?

V/LA on weekends
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:23 am

Post by DavidParker »

ThAd lynch sucks and is a waste of time.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:28 am

Post by LimMePls »

But lynching a lurker jmj is better? Why DP?

V/LA on weekends
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:42 am

Post by DavidParker »

Because he's intentionally lurking.

Because he is stalling.

Because the content he did promise was useless content that would only serve to make him seem "pro-town" (A re-read and iso of EVERY player 15 pages when we are still day 1 of a large-game??? That's fucking useless).

His only line of thought when he has been posting has been, "okay I'll just stall as long as possible, maybe post content later, but I don't want to do any now, but I'll make my promsied content seem really good and juicy (mass iso) so that I don't become under suspicion for intentionally lurking".

This lynch is awesome.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:55 am

Post by smargaret »

AUGH lost my post.

Feysal, I'd like to hear your theory in a few days when it may or may not have been disproved.

LMP, to some extent this is jmj's playstyle. But is it really a playstyle when he isn't playing? It's anti-town, and I am leery of being in lylo with him. Having reread his games, I'm less comfortable with my vote, though.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ThAd

While the early wagon/case didn't look that great, neither did ThAd's response to said case.

EBWOP: So DP, just so we're clear, this is a policy lynch, right?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:04 am

Post by DavidParker »

... I don't policy lynch.

This is a scum lynch; not a policy lynch.

All those points I listed are scummy on their own, and when compounded together what do we have??? SCUM!
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:54 am

Post by LimMePls »

DavidParker wrote:Because he's intentionally lurking.

Because he is stalling.

Because the content he did promise was useless content that would only serve to make him seem "pro-town" (A re-read and iso of EVERY player 15 pages when we are still day 1 of a large-game??? That's fucking useless).

His only line of thought when he has been posting has been, "okay I'll just stall as long as possible, maybe post content later, but I don't want to do any now, but I'll make my promsied content seem really good and juicy (mass iso) so that I don't become under suspicion for intentionally lurking".

This lynch is awesome.
Your post is illogical to me. Why wouldn't you rather the slot get replaced with someone useful and lynch someone who is actually behaving scummy?

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”