Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

Keep in mind that there were a lot more players alive when DGB had the ability as compared to when you had it, and there was also a lot fewer confirmed scums dead. At that point, gathering information would be far more useful then protecting players that seem pretty clearly town. By the time it got to you, there was another scumflip making us able to scumhunt much more effectively, there were fewer players in the game meaning that 1 confirmed townie is more of a big deal.

Furthermore, TMH's death made diddin a confirmed townie, so if DGB had used the doctor ability, she should have claimed to have used it on diddin. Actually, what in Arceus's name does DGB claim to have done with her power? Double vote? Doctoring one of the unconfirmed townies?

If DGB had the watcher ability N2, the best play was to watch diddin. If she had the doctor ability N2, the best play was to protect diddin. If she had both, best play was to watch diddin.

So we need to either assume she's scum who deliberately selected an antitown night action, or assume she didn't really know what exactly was going on with her ability. The former brings are merry journey of logick to an end, the latter is rather likely in light of her behavior shortly after she replaced in.

ConfusedDGB could very conceivable have lied about what powers were available to her because she didn't understand that later on it would be proven a lie. D1 it was demonstrated to me that the role progressively gains power because deaths constantly added powers to the queue. IIRC DGB replaced in after DBE's death, and unfortunately the mod may have simply given DGB the most recent pm rather than the progressive ones like I received D1, which would be oversight on his part, but not such a terrible mistake that it'd enrage his playerbase. This could further make confusedDGB unable to realize that she could be proven a liar later, if all she saw was, oh, there's a handful of a portion of the removed from game abilities and you can use them. She may have thought it worked like the coinflip method I suggested and rejected earlier, or any other number of things that isn't a real representation of how the role works.

Also, since this very game we caught Bunnylover "lying" (just confused though, really), but didn't lynch because the lie didn't make any sense, DGB may have felt comfortable taking the gambit with this playerbase and just hoping the deception was so blatant and nonsensical we'd have to dismiss it.

No explanation really makes really, really good sense, but the ones that come closest seem to me to tend to put DGB as scum, and tend to seem to me to give her a plurality of scumpartners that can help her bluff to victory.

-cut-

No LMP, that's not consistent with my experience with the ability.

At the beginning of D1 the mod told me I was vanilla with no ability. After muh died, I received a pm saying I had a "new ability", and would be able to use both watcher and virus that night. I clarified with the mod later and he said i actually had the ability all along, I just didn't receive any info about it until it had ammo in it. So it was updated midday. Then after the lynch, I received an ability update and he added double voter to the ability.

DGB would have immediately received the doctor ability once DBE died. And she probably did, making optimal play to protect diddin. Or watch diddin. Whatever, she didn't do either.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

DGB claiming watcher-double vote is bullcrap. She said immediately at the beginning of the day that LMP was town, which tells me at that point she intended to claim doctor-double vote. She could only think "no one died so LMP is town" if she had doctor ability day 2. There's no other protective abilities at all in the removed from game zone. She's making this up as she goes along.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Saint wrote:
WrathChild wrote:Dayvig is not in the void.
It's in play. Let's decide who we want to dayvig, AND who we want to lynch.
This is not a player who knows what's going on.
"Well, I..."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:15 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

popsofctown wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Saint wrote:
I just wanted to scare the scum and see how they'd react.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

LynchMePls wrote:Hmm, the doctor was killed during D2, correct? If DGB received the abilities PM at the start of D1, then maybe that explains not having that ability? My options were listed when I received the role, which was start of D3. I don't know what would have happened if an ability went to the void during D3, if I would have received a new PM, an update from the mod, or I wouldn't have been able to access that ability at all.
My experience says you would have gotten an update.

You simply mispoke here when you said void and not removed-from-game right? I've backspaced that out a few times already because the word makes better flavor sense, so I wouldn't be surprised, but just clarifying to clarify here.
"Well, I..."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:18 am

popsofctown wrote:DGB claiming watcher-double vote is bullcrap. She said immediately at the beginning of the day that LMP was town, which tells me at that point she intended to claim doctor-double vote. She could only think "no one died so LMP is town" if she had doctor ability day 2. There's no other protective abilities at all in the removed from game zone. She's making this up as she goes along.
No....... you're out to lunch. I've been saying that my ability was 2-pronged, for, like, a million years. Why would I want to claim doctor instead of watcher? What could I possibly get out of that???
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
popsofctown wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Saint wrote:
I just wanted to scare the scum and see how they'd react.
So you're expecting us not to believe you were clueless, but instead expect us to believe that YOU were certain that SCUM were that clueless?

If you wanted to have credibility later you wouldn't say crap like that. And townDGB with a complex role and a vig power day 2 wants to maintain nightgame credibility for sure.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

How did you "know" LMP was town today then?
"Well, I..."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:19 am

popsofctown wrote:My experience says you would have gotten an update.
Well I didn't get one, so barring mod error, there was no update for me to be had.
popsofctown wrote:You simply mispoke here when you said void and not removed-from-game right?
I thought they were the same. But it's REMOVED from game, yes.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:21 am

Post by popsofctown »

DGB, who did you watch. Nao. As if I should even have to ask you to claim that
"Well, I..."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:21 am

popsofctown wrote:How did you "know" LMP was town today then?
OK you're shotgunning posts, so going strictly by memory, it was because of the ability he passed me. Scum would never give me that I after I shot down one of them.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

DGB, your 2233 is responding to a post I made adressed to LMP. Wasn't intended for you to answer. We all know your current story is that you didn't get doctor power.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
popsofctown wrote:How did you "know" LMP was town today then?
OK you're shotgunning posts, so going strictly by memory, it was because of the ability he passed me. Scum would never give me that I after I shot down one of them.
The other scum faction wouldn't, true. I guess this makes sense.

I still want to know why you didn't watch Diddin.
"Well, I..."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:26 am

And I didn't watch or use the double-vote. Sorry. I was totally confused by the formatting and I asked the mod questions that confused me more, my bad, not his.

To beat myself over the head even more, I probably wouldn't have watched diddin, because I didn't get what was happening that day at all.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

This is why I hate replacements. I specifically sent my power to someone who would use it the way I liked as town :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

TBH, perhaps at the point you said "not 1 or 3", you thought you had two powers and made a mistake, but were overly nervous about changing your story because you're scum.

Or maybe it's something else.

Things still aren't adding up, but I can't figure out what has really happened.
"Well, I..."
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Bunnylover »

LynchMePls wrote:Hmm, the doctor was killed during D2, correct? If DGB received the abilities PM at the start of D1, then maybe that explains not having that ability? My options were listed when I received the role, which was start of D3. I don't know what would have happened if an ability went to the void during D3, if I would have received a new PM, an update from the mod, or I wouldn't have been able to access that ability at all.
Yeah, but Pops said she/he recieved another pm with the new list after people had died.
popsofctown wrote:DGB claiming watcher-double vote is bullcrap. She said immediately at the beginning of the day that LMP was town, which tells me at that point she intended to claim doctor-double vote. She could only think "no one died so LMP is town" if she had doctor ability day 2. There's no other protective abilities at all in the removed from game zone. She's making this up as she goes along.
Love this.

._. DGB been confused is practically the same excuse as CKD forgetting to do the cycle <_<.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:27 am

Post by The Eruci »

I sincerely apologize for this, but it has been brought to my attention that there was a mod error in DrippingGoofball's final Day / Night Two Ability Message. DrippingGoofball has received a corrected Ability Message for that Night.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

:(

Sad and unfortunate.

I guess it's okay if we presume DGB SK and lynch ckd today, as long as we aren't in lylo, which i don't think is the case.
"Well, I..."
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:23 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

The Eruci wrote:
I sincerely apologize for this, but it has been brought to my attention that there was a mod error in DrippingGoofball's final Day / Night Two Ability Message. DrippingGoofball has received a corrected Ability Message for that Night.
Interesting...

I still think Saint/Furc was closest that DGball is an SK/Hero. I am okay leaving him for one day, but would like to suggest the following strategy:

Purge ability (whoever that may be :shifty: ) is used on q21

q21 probably does not have any abilities based on the fact I gave everyone a heads up I was sending him the treestump N3.

q21, should be roleblocked then.

DGball, should be tracked. If he gets tracked with anyone other than q21, everyone needs to lynch him D5.

With that, I feel comfortable with:

Vote: CuriousKarmaDog

My Top Suspects, pretty much in order:
CKD
q21
Pops/DGBall (tied)
BunnyLover
Saint

Have town reads on everyone else.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:31 am

Post by WrathChild »

This seems to be a good plan. No sign of the virus?
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:38 am

I Am Innocent wrote:DGball, should be tracked. If he gets tracked with anyone other than q21, everyone needs to lynch him D5.
You might want to WATCH me, too, if you get my drift.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Screw this. CKD hasn't made me happy with his activity, and him not passing the treestump to TMH as requested pretty much confirms him as lurking scum.

VOTE: curiouskarmadog
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Does anyone feel like every single subsequent post SC makes gets scummier and scummier? Like I seriously think his iso is ordered from town to scum.

DGB no one wants to watch you. If someone kills you we'll be happy enough that we've found out your alignment. No need to put all the bets on one horse.
"Well, I..."
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by WrathChild »

popsofctown wrote:Does anyone feel like every single subsequent post SC makes gets scummier and scummier? Like I seriously think his iso is ordered from town to scum.

DGB no one wants to watch you. If someone kills you we'll be happy enough that we've found out your alignment. No need to put all the bets on one horse.
What's scummy about SC voting CKD? CKD refused ("Forgot") to pass the stump to TMH (confirmed Scum), isn't that the whole point of tracking abilities? To catch people who don't pass as directed?
I swear I left my gun somewhere.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”