DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

popsofctown wrote:DGB no one wants to watch you. If someone kills you we'll be happy enough that we've found out your alignment. No need to put all the bets on one horse.
But, you dumdum, you'd find out who's targeted me for, you know, DEATH.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:27 pm

In other news, Q21 is looking like "scum giving up."
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

what would that prove?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:29 pm

popsofctown wrote:what would that prove?
That I was killed by you know, scum, which you could then lynch?

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Killing townies implies a player is scum? Then maybe we should lynch you.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:36 pm

popsofctown wrote:Killing townies implies a player is scum? Then maybe we should lynch you.
Are you like this naturally, or are you faking it???

You would know, if I were, say, SHOTGUNNED, that I was gunned down by scum, right?

And since you spent all day calling me SK, and I'm just going LOL, the scum has to NK me at the first opportunity, right?

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by implosion »

BTW if ckd flips scum that would make me confirmed town and IAI confirmed town (although I'm pretty sure I'll cut myself if he's mafia) and likely others as well, and as such I'd like to request protection from any roles that are capable of it. That is, the role reuser (or whatever it was called) should take doctor, and it and any other protective roles should be on confirmed townies, IMO.
pops wrote:I see no reason we can't wait a day or so to claim it though. It's really not going to help out the town to know about it. It's pretty useful if you use it as an investigative role, but we can wait until someone finds scum with it before we claim it. Don't you think?
Agreed.
WC wrote:Time out. Why is CKD getting off the hook for his failed Tree stump pass to TMH?
*headdesk*
Saint (Vi) wrote:ckd's Tree Stump pass, on its own, is worth a lynch.
This may take a reread to confirm, which I don't really feel like doing since this may be answerable with a simple question, but didn't you have a fairly strong townread on CKD even after he failed to pass the stump? I might be mixing stuff up chronologically, but if not, I think this might be an incredibly blatant contradiction.
pops wrote:But somehow I don't think the mod is treating the watcher ability like a recessive sex-linked genetic disorder
I lol'd.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think you are mixing it up chronologically, the way I recall it Vi was a ckd fan before the failpass, the furcolow was the only one posting ckd love after the failpass.

DGB I was kidding. Settle down. But anyhow, from our PoV you're not a definite target tonight, while the plethora of conftownies are.
"Well, I..."
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

It is interesting, whoever PlsLynchMe passed the role to could use the Watcher (on DGB) instead of the Doctor (on a very townie playeR) N4. Not sure I'd advocate one over the other publicly, let's let the person who has it decide what to do privately to keep the scum in the dark on what they should do.

But good suggestion none-the-less.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

hey that reminds me.

PSA: L-2 IS NOW L-1 and L-1 IS A HAMMER BECAUSE DOUBLE VOTE IS POTENTIALLY IN PLAY.
"Well, I..."
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Saint »

My concern is that she has an entire faction. Does the flavor really rule out two scumteams? Why does everyone seem to think that's impossible?
Nothing in the flavor does (although seeing red used for one faction hints at it somewhat.) However, the setup and her actions pretty consistently hint at SK. I would love to be proven wrong on this, specifically by her flip.

The avatars in this thread just clicked up two notches of awesome, btw. Is this your method of bribing me, pops? :?

I'm not particularly fond of ckd not passing the Stump and not doing more than whine (how dare you try to usurp my status as Most Convenient LyLo Mislynch <_< ), but the creeping wagon on him is not comforting at all.

I'm totally skipping the Reinitializer talk due to tl;dr. Because the mod just came out and said "oops", I think it's safe to wait for an update before bothering much with it. (fake edit: lol, she's evidently not in any hurry to reveal anything)

I actually DO agree with pops about Coug. What, exactly, is Coug screwing in 2247? Fake appeal to emotion is indeed very fake, and a poor cover for jumping on the wagon.

And since you spent all day calling me SK, and I'm just going LOL, the scum has to NK me at the first opportunity, right?
I think it's within the realm of possibility to think they already tried~

This may take a reread to confirm, which I don't really feel like doing since this may be answerable with a simple question, but didn't you have a fairly strong townread on CKD even after he failed to pass the stump? I might be mixing stuff up chronologically, but if not, I think this might be an incredibly blatant contradiction.
No, you're right. This IS an incredibly blatant contradiction. With that said, if you pushed a lynch on quadz (who was unkind enough to be Town after all of my attacking) and defended themanhimself to some ludicrous extent (which he repaid by being scum) YOU'D want to toss all your previous reads too.

Snarkiness aside, I've already explained based on stuff on page 4 that ckd didn't seem like likely Town, and used that as a basis for my future reads. It's true that he hasn't done much good since, but also not much harm (as evidenced by the vote count analysis I posted before). I'm not thrilled to vote him, but after getting burned by tmh being scum in spite of being rationalizable, I'm not going to fight his lynch.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by nhammen »

I Am Innocent wrote:The Void Collector has the same restriction as other abilities, which for me is that I cannot pass more than 1 ability to the same player each night.
Do the collected abilities have the same restrictions as well?
I Am Innocent wrote:@ Everyone, please state in your next post if you think at this point in the game, whether we should mass claim our roles from D1/N1 & D2/N2? And why you feel that way.
I think that at this point, the amount of information we have is quite much. Adding more can't do to much worse than already has been.
StrangerCoug wrote:since I misunderstood the ability and thought I didn't have to pass anything I didn't remove from the void, you got the dayvig at random.
This explains it.

Still catching up, but have to do something else, so will get to the rest tomorrow.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

nhammen wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:The Void Collector has the same restriction as other abilities, which for me is that I cannot pass more than 1 ability to the same player each night.
Do the collected abilities have the same restrictions as well?
Yes, the night/dawn I took the Hibernate ability from the void, I was told I would have to pass the Hibernate Ability and Void Collector to different players.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Actually I was planning to RL spam the thread about my wondrous adventures ballroom dance class but figured that'd be rather off alongside Rika, so I tried to brainstorm a more masculine avatar. I decided I prolly actually shouldn't spam since it's already adequately irked you this game, but then since I came to the realization that I had not done an avatar of the crocodile transformation of Banjo during all this, an avatar change became absolutely and forcefully inevitable.

You better be afraid of what happens if one of my to or fro cycling partners flips scum. You'll have to use google searches with advanced settings on to find my content then :P.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Hey, I don't like the way the forum depicted that emoticon. I'm totally writing some angry emails to mith.

Anywhoo, implosion, I think we should at least claim the role from the q21-implosion-pops change by twilight, would you agree?
"Well, I..."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by implosion »

Maybe. I'm honestly not sure if there are any strong upsides or downsides to claiming it. I can think of one possible upside of claiming it possibly during twilight, so I guess we might as well at some point.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

We'll just twilight claim then.
"Well, I..."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:30 pm

popsofctown wrote:hey that reminds me.

PSA: L-2 IS NOW L-1 and L-1 IS A HAMMER BECAUSE DOUBLE VOTE IS POTENTIALLY IN PLAY.
I don't think we're at L-2, and in any event, if anyone uses the double-vote, and we know who it is, they'll be confirmed scum and as good as dead.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Not if they silence the only person who'd know.
"Well, I..."
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 4x1 ::

LynchMePls (0) -

DrippingGoofball (0) -

WrathChild (0) -

curiouskarmadog (4) -
implosion, WrathChild, I Am Innocent, StrangerCoug

q21 (0) -

popsofctown (0) -

Bunnylover (1) -
Saint

I Am Innocent (0) -

StrangerCoug (0) -

Implosion (0) -

nhammen (0) -

Saint (0) -

Not Voting (7) -
nhammen, curiouskarmadog, Bunnylover, q21, LynchMePls, DrippingGoofball, popsofctown

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline for Day Four is Saturday February 19th, 2011, at 7:00pm EST.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I want the hammer formality soz i can twilightpost
"Well, I..."
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by Saint »

implosion wrote:BTW if ckd flips scum that would make me confirmed town and IAI confirmed town (although I'm pretty sure I'll cut myself if he's mafia) and likely others as well, and as such I'd like to request protection from any roles that are capable of it. That is, the role reuser (or whatever it was called) should take doctor, and it and any other protective roles should be on confirmed townies, IMO.
pops wrote:I see no reason we can't wait a day or so to claim it though. It's really not going to help out the town to know about it. It's pretty useful if you use it as an investigative role, but we can wait until someone finds scum with it before we claim it. Don't you think?
Agreed.
WC wrote:Time out. Why is CKD getting off the hook for his failed Tree stump pass to TMH?
*headdesk*
Saint (Vi) wrote:ckd's Tree Stump pass, on its own, is worth a lynch.
pops wrote:But somehow I don't think the mod is treating the watcher ability like a recessive sex-linked genetic disorder
I lol'd.
That was me
CKD would have had to have been bussing to have been scum. He also buddied up to DarlaBlueEyes, a town mislynch, which buys him town cred from me.

His lack of passing might just mean he viewed the situation differently than we did. I would be OK voting him, possibly, but I'm not convinced.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by Saint »

Bunnylover wrote:
Saint wrote:bunnylover openly wagonned quadz, a townie, in an rvs style vote
bunnylover quickhammered powerrox, a townie, then his defense was "if you want to attack me for that, fine"
he also appears to have more knowledge of the setup than anyone I've seen yet, while having the grammar of the uneducated.

Anti-town voting + unexplainable knowledge = scum
vote: bunnylover
lol I'm sorry, I suck at grammar :<.
I didn't quickhammered anyone. I did vote for powerrox. The question that went unanswered was, "Does your ability pass on?" which to me that is an obvious, "Yes my ability cycles."
Would you have rather me not make a choice between Powerrox and TMH?

I dislike that you put "townie" in your post against me. I do not know anyone elses alignment besides myself. I do not know if Quadz is town, I do not know if Powerrox is town, nor did anyone else on their wagon knew he was town. Their is probably 5 scum, which means townies are going to be on a wagon.

o.o I thought I was lost in this game with the abilities talk, now I have more knowledge x_x.

@Pops: I wouldn't have expected the virus to show up their after it been used (I'm guessing that when it showed up?).
By the way, we need to get rid of this power. I can see pro side of having this power, but I also see a glaring negative side. IF you haven't thought about it, then I can explain it be rather not since I don't think scum have thought about it yet.
Weak defense of "I don't know anyones alignments" with AtE into asking pops about setup analysis

pops/bunnylover scumteam
add Q21 to that list
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by Saint »

Bunnylover wrote:Now I understand.
Pops actually makes a point. If DGB did kill scum the second night, then obviously he/she knows who shot N3, so why haven't they come out or DGB announce who they are.

@LMP: I think its because of what DGB says, so either its you or DGB who is lieing. I'm still trying to understand that whole post.
DGB
DGB
DGB
when dgb is in the op listed as eruci
focusing on the SK should be a scumtell
when I'm scum, however, I call them scum (like pops is doing in the post that is making you say NOW I UNDERSTAND)
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by Saint »

Vi, do you feel bunnylover and pops are buddying?
You said you're happy with the bunnylover vote, and pops responses/grilling of DGB. If you answered yes to the above, care to explain how you can be happy with a vote on someone, and with another player they are buddying, both at the same time? Do you feel like one of them are scum, and one are town?

Not trying to confuse you here, just trying to get on the same page.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”