DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by DLG »

Llamarble wrote:All I saw was Ender's votes on FF. Which while wrong apparently were due to FF playing the newbcard and softclaiming.
ender241's first vote was for those reasons. His second vote had absolutely no reasoning attached. Except the inexplicable note that while he thought something was bobsnox, he'd rather vote FinalFires.

Again, you are trying to subtly rewrite history for your benefit. Scummy.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by DLG »

Fate wrote:Afternoon town,

My name is Fate, nice to meet you.

I'll be in here with a stream of thought catch-up post that nails likely 75% of the scumteam and reasons with. As for when, I guarantee by Wednesday, but I'll get started tonight.

Thank you for your time.
Welcome to the game, Fate.

So, you're going to nail 3 of 4 scum for us, huh? Is the 4th one you?
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Fate »

Well I'm not going to claim scum if that's what you're asking.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by DLG »

Damn the luck!

I wasn't really serious with that question.

I disliked Nikanor's posting, and hope that yours is clearer. While I have some suspicion of your slot, it isn't noticably high at this time.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Fate »

I was hoping you were, because if you thought I was the 4th scum and that I was going to bus all three of my buddies in a row, then I would be able to count on your vote being proxied to me for awhile.

And I do enjoy me a nice following.

24 hours or so until I get to this thread, as it is I'm stalling on an essay by making this post.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by DLG »

werewolf555 wrote:I completely agree
Just look at his attempts at "scum hunting" and his death becomes clear
You got something of a free pass on Day 1 due to replacing in and timing issues. Now, however, your stances have to be better explained. Please answer Jahudo.
Jahudo wrote:@werewolf: why do you like the llamarble wagon? All the reasons provided so far? Only some? Any new takes on llamarble or ender?
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by DLG »

Fate wrote:I was hoping you were, because if you thought I was the 4th scum and that I was going to bus all three of my buddies in a row, then I would be able to count on your vote being proxied to me for awhile.

And I do enjoy me a nice following.

24 hours or so until I get to this thread, as it is I'm stalling on an essay by making this post.
Looking forward to your post.

Sorry to disappoint, but my vote is mine.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by bobsnox »

hmm is werewolf buddying up to me?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by Llamarble »

DLG wrote:
Llamarble wrote:WHAT. YOU ARE ACCUSING ME OF NOT HAVING A TOWNREAD ON WHISKEY BECAUSE I SAID I WOULD RATHER LYNCH HIM THAN MYSELF?? THAT IS RIDICULOUS. I specifically stated in the sentence you quoted that I had a town read on him which was weakened by his PRclaim, which turned out to be fake anyway.
No. I never said anything about you would rather lynch MoreWhisky than yourself. My point was that you came out describing yourself as an oracle, when the FinalFires read was one everyone seemed to share and your more MoreWhisky read was not as strong as you implied in that post. I particularly note how you tried to use this flim-flam to support your Bub Bidderskins case.
Llamarble wrote:ONE PERSON DIED LAST NIGHT. THEREFORE GENUINE SCUM HUNTING PROBABLY MEANS TOWN. BUT IN SPITE OF THINKING I'M GENUINELY HUNTING FOR SCUM AFTER A NIGHT WITH 1 KILL, YOU STILL VOTE ME???
Let's be clear, although I know you want things blurry. I didn't think you were genuinely scum hunting after a night with 1 kill. I thought that before the night phase. How about the rest of that post that you truncated?
DLG wrote:I can't vote in two places at once, and the vast majority of my suspicion of Llamarble rests on my ender241 read. I think Llamarble's case on Bub Bidderskins is sincere. I think it a case of genuine scum hunting from a scum slot. That would mean a multi-faction game, and while there is a possibility of that, there is no guarantee of it.

So there is no misunderstanding, I will have no hesitation hammering Llamarble if his wagon goes back to L-1. But, of the two, I think there is less reason to doubt that MoreWhisky is scum.

So, at the point where multi-factions seemed a reasonable possibility, I was willing to acknowledge that you seemed to be genuinely going after Bub Bidderskins as a scum suspect. Given the events of the night, a single faction seems more likely. In that light, I must have been mistaken about your sincerity.
Llamarble wrote:The reason we are talking about whether I had a townread on Whisky or not is because Bub claimed I "Tried to push my wagon onto Morewhisky."
And because I called BS on your brag post. Convenient for you to try to shift the focus onto the easier to defend accusation.

These attempts to deflect the real points by misrepresentation are strongly indicative of scum desperation.
SO BECAUSE YOUR ANALYSIS OF MY SCUMHUNTING AS SINCERE NOW CONTRADICTS THE CONCLUSION THAT I AM SCUM, IT MUST BE WRONG??
CAN WE LYNCH MY ENTIRE WAGON PLEASE?

And in what way is "My reads are 2/2 so far. I'm starting to feel like Cassandra." Remotely discussion-worthy? I complained about people not listening to me D1.
Trying to paint this as a scummy action is pathetic.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:You are upset about how DLG voted for some who wasn't his top suspect, but what do you think of Llamarble voting for someone he had a "town read" on?
First, there is more context than that on DLG. I am upset that DLG tried to get the lynch of someone who wasn't his top suspect, while that player was clearly doing things that were relevant to a read on him, and the other top suspects of DLG were eminently lynchable. These are all important.

I have no problem with anyone voting at deadline to save their own skin. I don't see that Llama did anything else.

@DLG: there is no contradiction between thinking it's bad to lynch someone when there is relevant stuff happening a week before deadline, and voting for the best of two bad options with no other lynch possible. I was trying to shift the lynch in what I thought was the best realistic direction.

From a theory standpoint, I think the benefit of lynching scum massively outweighs any other benefit you can have from a day. If I think something increases the town's chance of lynching scum, I will do it. I agree that we ended up in the worst of both worlds in this case, but I believe that if I consistently attack bandwagons I see as scummy - however popular they are - in the long term I'll do better (although in this case I've obviously either totally misread the situation or royally screwed up in my posting, since everyone suspects me).

Here's why I find you wanting Llama's lynch bad. In your position, I'd see Llama replace into the game, and start producing content. I would believe that there was at least a decent chance that this would affect my read on him significantly, and I'd want to hear what he had to say, so I could better decide between the options for the day. It's a bizarre situation to try and rush the day in - it was still very possible that one of your three similarly strong reads would become the clear favourite or fade away. From the point of view of trying to get a scumlynch, it just doesn't add up. The weight you say you put on having a united town does make it make more sense, I suppose.

I really feel like I'm drawing more flak here than my posts warrant. If there's anything I can explain to anyone, please do ask. Or just say what you find scummy.

@Yos: I feel your post 533 is misreps my positions quite badly - see 554. I'd like a response to that.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 234

1. bobsnox
2. DarlaBlueEyes
3. werewolf555
4. DLG
5. Jahudo
6. Bub Bidderskins (2) - Fishythefish, llamarble
7. Fishythefish (1) - Fate
8. Brokenscraps
9. CryMeARiver
10. Fate
11. Yosarian2
13. llarmable (5) - bobsnox, Yosarian2, Bub Bidderskins, werewolf555, DLG

Not Voting: DarlaBlueEyes, Jahudo, brokenscraps, CryMeARiver

With 12 alive its 7 to lynch
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:40 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Fishythefish wrote: @Yos: I feel your post 533 is misreps my positions quite badly - see 554. I'd like a response to that.
I don't think I misrepped you at all.
Fishythefish wrote: Bolded mine. Read when DLG asked someone to hammer Llama (344). Llama was quite clearly in the course of responding to the case on him - the argument hadn't settled nearly enough for a lynch to be a good idea. He also hadn't claimed. We had a long time before deadline. It was totally premature.

I'm upset that he was willing to lynch Llama when
1. Llama wasn't his top suspect
2. Llama was actively responding to the case on him
3. We had some days until deadline.
He was always going to be "in the course" of responding; he can clearly do all-caps OMGUS attacks on people voting him until the end of time. I mean, just a few hours ago, we saw this:
Llamarble wrote: CAN WE LYNCH MY ENTIRE WAGON PLEASE?
If we're going to wait to lynch someone until they stop responding to attacks against them, we're never going to lynch anyone.

He had pleanty of time to claim; most people won't claim unless they're at lynch -1, and LLama showed no interest in doing so before that point, so "he hadn't claimed yet" argument is silly; he wasn't going to claim without DLG's vote.

The "we had a long time before deadline" argument is silly; waiting until deadline to get off a lynch is a terrible idea, if you can get off a lynch you like before that point.

The "Llamarble was his #2 wagon" part of your post makes a little bit of sense, but looking at DLG's earlier posts, I think he was fairly clear that he would be reasonably happy seeing either whiskey or Llamarble lynched.

Honestly, all in all, I have a stronger pro-town reading on DLG then I do in almost anyone else in the game right now. I find your attacks on him silly at best; you seem to be attacking him for trying to achieve a lynch on one of his top suspects, while I find that to actually be a pretty pro-town type of action. What's more, I think your attacks on him seem designed to try to prevent DGL's main current suspect, Llamarble, from being lynched, and if Llamarble flips scum, you're looking more and more like a probable buddy.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:37 am

Post by bobsnox »

lolscumhunting

"My wagon is all scum!"
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:23 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Llama's play has become rather deranged. But when DLG voted him yesterday (344), and asked someone else to hammer, it was not. Really, go back to that point, and read what Llama was saying at the time, and note the ludicrous speed with which his wagon had built. Imagine Llama is one of your competing top suspects. I just don't see that you would want the day over.

The things I find scummiest in the game are some cases on Llama. It's pretty much inevitable that I'm going to look like I'm defending Llama.

Right. I'm not going to post any more on these matters, until people start voting for me tomorrow. For people who actually give a fuck what I've said, I've said it all many times now. I'm making zero impression on anyone, and I don't see that changing. Definitely time to start thinking about other things.

Bleh.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:22 am

Post by bobsnox »

Fishythefish wrote:Llama's play has become rather deranged. But when DLG voted him yesterday (344), and asked someone else to hammer, it was not. Really, go back to that point, and read what Llama was saying at the time, and note the ludicrous speed with which his wagon had built. Imagine Llama is one of your competing top suspects. I just don't see that you would want the day over.

The things I find scummiest in the game are some cases on Llama. It's pretty much inevitable that I'm going to look like I'm defending Llama.

Right. I'm not going to post any more on these matters, until people start voting for me tomorrow. For people who actually give a fuck what I've said, I've said it all many times now. I'm making zero impression on anyone, and I don't see that changing. Definitely time to start thinking about other things.

Bleh.
"It's pretty much inevitable that I'm going to look like I'm defending Llama." as you have the entire game practically...

Hey how about a Darla lynch?
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:01 am

Post by bobsnox »

Side note: I'm going to Puerto Rico in the morning. I may be
V/LA
until Sunday night, but I'm pretty sure I'll have internet access.

Just in case
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Llamarble »

I apologize for derangedness, but look at the things people on my wagon are saying.
DLG:
"I must have been wrong that llama has been sincerely scumhunting because that would suggest llama is town" transcends normal confirmation bias.
"Llama is scummy because he professed townreads on the dead townies, which isn't a very impressive achievement."

Werewolf is on my wagon for no stated reason other than liking it. He has done absolutely nothing productive in this game so far. But for some reason Bobsnox thinks this play is so fantastically brilliant Werewolf must be buddying him.

Bobsnox has a list of 45326 people he's happy with lynching any of. He thinks I'm scummy because I'm no longer making walls. He asks how on earth I'm not dead yet, then asks who's up for a darla lynch.

Bub so far today has made a post accusing me of deflecting my wagon onto whisky. I called Whisky town throughout the period while his wagon was forming. He is trying to use the fact that I voted him, the sole alternative to lynching myself, as a reason I am scummy. He has accused me of not reading the thread, which I don't understand at all.

Yosarian has been voting my slot most of the game. He keeps picking out things and ignoring the reasons for them in a highly frustrating manner. He says I attacked FF then later said he was town. Well, FF posted something that didn't make sense to me, I reread him, and decided he was still town. He finds me scummy for attacking people who are voting me, when it is the reasoning or lack thereof that bothers me. He says Fishy is scummy for voting me to prevent a no lynch after defending me, when Fishy had explained why he thought I was more likely scum than whisky. He claims "deadline BS" was all that saved me from getting lynched when everyone who was on Whisky's wagon obviously preferred that wagon over mine. He says I avoided being lynched by flooding the thread with posts as opposed to because of the content of those posts.

I understand that not everyone on my wagon can be scum, but some of the reasons people are giving for voting me are driving me crazy.
I really think Bidderskins is scum though.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:24 am

Post by bobsnox »

lol I'm currently working with a list of 3 so cool exaggeration bro. desperation posts ftw

If you want to join my efforts against Darla I'd be happy to pretend like we're on the same side for today.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Fate »

K I started reading last night, when I got to page 2-3 I noticed Final Fires made a pretty townie post and then people started jumping on him for it. I thought his name looked familiar and when I went and checked the playerlist again YEP there he was, dead doctor N1.

I'm half-hoping that he was actually wagonned to a claim, should be some juicy scum motivations to pick out from there.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Fate »

DarlaBlues gets scum points for waffling on Final Fires with "scummy vibes from that post, but don't want to make it a wagon" Its page 2, why the hell WOULDNT you?
Nikanor wrote:
Vote: Jahudo.

Don't worry Fires. I believe you.
<3 Nikanor

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Noob town /=/ powerful townie. Beyond that I don't like your play at all, and your backtracking explanations don't sit well with me either. I'd have rather your vote sat on Yos than you act like you had some kind of mega-game-winning revelation in which you declare yourself 100% town and everyone else who's enjoying some RVS shenanigans scummy.

Or I guess I could just reference Pom's post and say: QFT!

Also the more you force that you're town in such a way that you expect us to just take your word for it, the more I am inclined to believe you are scum.

@ Broken - yes I went back and edited it to account for the votes already on him so as not to sound redundant or need an EBWOP. Originally I had said something like 'before I vote him' but amended it to be the bandwagon bit.

More scum points for Darla.

I like BuddermcBumpkinz for town.

Oh great bobsnox voting him now too. Throw him on the scum/useless list I doubt his posts to come will improve this read.

(jahundo is my secret scum read, but I don't want to be NK'd by him tonight so I won't say this out loud)

Great replacements galore. This'll make having reads fucking fun.

DLG is townish, combined with the lil back and forth we had last night.

Ender aka Llmarble gets scumpoints for his little "vote the softclaimed power role." Though he could just be a nublet. Oh lord, he unvotes with FOUR votes on whats his name? Thats just horrible.
ender241 wrote:VOTE: Finalfires

Happy now?
KEKEKEKEKEAPPEASEMENT.

My god, does Darla EVER take a stance on ANYTHING anytime soon?

Striker's jump on Buddertown's post is :goodposting:

Darla ignores Budder's and Striker's vote on her.

I'm not going to be able to pretend to be able to read Yos. He's townish now due to PoE at least.

Oh ok, I think I'll say this now: JAHUNDO FOS: DARLABUDDY VOTE: ENDERTOWNIE. Outdated tell? Nope. Ok cool, brokencrap saw this and gets town points.

Oh Nikanor, what the hell were you trying for this game. I'm somewhat glad I'm not walking into a gambit that he's set up (Or have I >_>)

Darla becomes confirmed scum for voting Nikanor.

Yeah I said it.

Vote: DarlaBlue
Hopefully thats a hammer >_>

Rest of the post coming.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Fate »

Skimming, running out of time.

More pages of my reads that I posted in my last one being more solidified, notably DLG town, Yos townish, Darlascum, and Endertownish (and stupidly claiming VT for no apparent reason via his sacrifice plan).

Oh hai CMAR <_<

At least flinter's slot voted Darla.

Right now, my top 3 suspects are Ender, Whiskey, and bobsnox.
Worth pointing out that this is a horrible list. Really Yos?

Ender continues to make no sense at all. Joy. Llmarble should be more readable.

(BTW at this point I think its safe to admit that FFires was never wagonned to a claim during D1, and was instead NK'd for being a softclaimed PR >_< My prediction! My pride!!!)

6 votes on Darla, this should be interesting. Why oh why oh how did you derail this onto Whisky, scum?

Bobs reads are terrible and useless. Shame we don't have a vig apparently.
Fishythefish wrote:Read, mostly. One of those reads that gets rather patchy towards the end, as my eyes complain that they've been open for far too many hours.

VOTE: ender

Prefer this to a DBE wagon, although that's by no means awful. More on both of these and some other stuff tomorrow, too tired tonight.
There goes any points Pom had. Ok he posted more stuff elaboration later, good stuff.

DLGtown derails it? Damn misguided townies,....
Llmarble HAD good posts then voted obvtownBud?

What the hell.

Ok page 13, the lucky number. I'll be back in a few hours
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by DLG »

Llamarble wrote:I apologize for derangedness, but look at the things people on my wagon are saying.
DLG:
"I must have been wrong that llama has been sincerely scumhunting because that would suggest llama is town" transcends normal confirmation bias.
"Llama is scummy because he professed townreads on the dead townies, which isn't a very impressive achievement."
First off, here's some other things I've said.
DLG in various posts wrote:I particularly note how you tried to use this flim-flam to support your Bub Bidderskins case.
Let's be clear, although I know you want things blurry. I didn't think you were genuinely scum hunting after a night with 1 kill. I thought that before the night phase.
These attempts to deflect the real points by misrepresentation are strongly indicative of scum desperation.
Again, you are trying to subtly rewrite history for your benefit. Scummy.
The two points you picked out for this post are more misrep. I never once said that what you were doing suggested you are town. What has changed is my evaluation that what you were doing was a sincere targetting of Bub Bidderskins as a scum target.

What is the definition of succesful scum play? Selling yourself as a townie. The more skill a player has, the better the subterfuge will be. What is the definition of succesful town play (particularly against skilled scum)? Understanding that even a small bit of scum indication is enough to counter a fairly strong town read. The multitude of scum indications I believe you have given off are plenty enough justification for me to discount anything you post that appears townie as good scum play.

If your first post of today was just something that was unimpressive, I wouldn't have cared. But, you tried to paint yourself as better at reading things than the other players. I pointed out how you don't deserve any credit for either read and pointed out the scumminess of trying to use this false, self-annointing as a purveyor of hidden truths to push for a Bub Bidderskins lynch. The other scum motivation for this kind of post is to try to get some of the heat off you.

tl;dr
I think Llamarble is scum and Llamarble continues to try to misrep his way out of the points I bring against him.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by DLG »

I forgot to add that I do think the comparison to Cassandra is pretty accurate. I'm fairly certain that you have more information at your disposal than a townie does.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Okay, if Fate is on page 13 and thinks Bidderskins is obvtown...
*braces for scolding*

Interesting how Fate telling me I'm wrong makes me rethink things.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by bobsnox »

What happened to the REAL Fate? needs more all-caps

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”