q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by q21 »

Bunnylover wrote:Now I understand.
Pops actually makes a point. If DGB did kill scum the second night, then obviously he/she knows who shot N3, so why haven't they come out or DGB announce who they are.
DGB claimed not to have actually targeted her passes (actually exact comment was that she didn't pass an ability at all)? Then she wouldn't know who her abilities supposedly went to. So when the night 3 kill comes in and no one else claims it (as has happened) she has an excuse for not being able to point a finger at the killer.
DrippingGoofball wrote:I thought it was obvious. Yes, I had a role but did not pass it on. However, I did kill RedCoyote, who scored high in the scumputer.
Claims not to have passed at all. Also saw this while looking for the above post.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
q21 wrote:Each night after you use any ability you have, such as doctor or busdriver, you have to choose another player in the game to pass that ability to (called cycling). You lose that ability and the next morning whoever you chose to pass it to is informed that they have gained the ability and may use it accordingly as they see fit and then choose someone else to pass it to themselves. The one caveat is that scum cannot pass abilities to scum of the same faction.
Can someone get passed more than one ability?
This question seemed innocuous at the time, but given that we now know she had 2 abilities it becomes suspect since if you have two abilities surely its obvious you can be passed two abilities. Unless one of your abilities is one that never passes - then you'd have to check, because if you can't be passed two abilities then letting slip later in the game that you had two abilities marks you out as different, ie. scum. Or SK as is probably more likely.

DrippingGoofball wrote:In other news, Q21 is looking like "scum giving up."
Oh lolz, how so?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:25 am

Post by Saint »

Saint wrote:Vi, do you feel bunnylover and pops are buddying?
You said you're happy with the bunnylover vote, and pops responses/grilling of DGB. If you answered yes to the above, care to explain how you can be happy with a vote on someone, and with another player they are buddying, both at the same time? Do you feel like one of them are scum, and one are town?

Not trying to confuse you here, just trying to get on the same page.
The difference is something like:

pops: <words words words words words words words>
Bunnylover: I agree with popsarian2. When can we lynch?

Extensive paraphrasing but etc. pops can be scum, but Bunnylover's Town motivation is more obviously lacking.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:02 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Saint wrote:pops/bunnylover scumteam
add Q21 to that list
I very much like this, but would that not make CKD somewhat more townish than his vigorous wagon would suggest? pops is already demanding the hammer, and someone has worried in thread that the double-vote might be used on CKD (
which would suggest that CKD is town, actually, only scum would use the double-vote, given the other better goodies that could and should be sued
).
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:02 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

popsofctown wrote:hey that reminds me.

PSA: L-2 IS NOW L-1 and L-1 IS A HAMMER BECAUSE DOUBLE VOTE IS POTENTIALLY IN PLAY.
Here is the pudding.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's a possibility, not a probability, that whoever you passed your ability to is a scumbag. It'd be rather poor SK play to pass a double-vote doctor joat to scum, but perhaps you missed. Such a player could secret doublevote hammer ckd scum or ckd town, just to cut off discussion, the former case obviously only occuring when lynch seems inevitable anyway.

q21 makes a good point about dgb-sk,but somehow sk hunting doesn't make me feel better about his alignment.

Furc, SK hunting to an extent that unhealthily excludes scumhunting is considered a scumtell by a lot of people I've played with, including me. I've spent most of this day trying to determine what the risk is that DGB is part of a second scum faction rather than working alone, which is essentially scumhunting.

Lol at "popsarian2". I'm only gonna hear that once.

At the risk of making the hypathetical pairing even more popular, I'm going to say that I don't see Bunnylover's sheeping as scummy. S/he declared me to be "100% town" day 2, so there's at least some consistency there. When you don't have a great grasp on a game, sheeping a confirmed townie is actually optimized play.

Bunnylover's game-long failure to produce anything independent is a scumtell though. Once we get to a day that's not lynch-the-guy-who-"failed"-to-cycle, I'll probably want to meta the rabbit enthusiast to determine how this play lines up with other games, since she seems to have a lot of scum-xor-noobtells. (maybe the or isn't exclusive idk, but I'm a compsci major I want every opportunity to use xor in daily conversation).

q21, I wouldn't really worry about getting to the root of DGB's suspicions. You probably won't change her mind, and she's the one player who's not going to have to convince everyone else to agree with her to have your scalp..

Just keep hunting, more scum and less SKs though.
Saint wrote:Vi, do you feel bunnylover and pops are buddying?
You said you're happy with the bunnylover vote, and pops responses/grilling of DGB. If you answered yes to the above, care to explain how you can be happy with a vote on someone, and with another player they are buddying, both at the same time? Do you feel like one of them are scum, and one are town?

Not trying to confuse you here, just trying to get on the same page.
Aw, did Vi start to changer her mind about me but hide it in the QT? <3
I'm the most prolific poster though, so remember that I'm going to have a lot of buddies. lateralus was my buddy and so was RC he was my buddy and diddin I kinda made him my buddy and bunnylover is my buddy and Stranger Coug used to be my buddy but now I think he has to die. Unless all the people I've declared town or who have declared me town flip scum I wouldn't start using buddying as a basis for suspicion of me. It falls among the group of errors that punish players simply for having posted a lot, which isn't something you want to punish since that's a nulltell or towntell depending on who you ask. Or it punishes players who frequently declare other players town, which is a towntell or nulltell depending on who you ask. Or it punishes players who are frequently declared town, which is a towntell
or nulltell
depending on who you ask. So tl;dr summary, you need some flips to start pushing this.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:48 am

Post by LimMePls »

pops isn't making sense with the doublevoter talk. If someone took the doublevote unannounced and used it to quickhammer now, they'd be obv lynched for it tomorrow. Reading to me like one of those "Look how town I am for observing this completely irrelevant but 'town-like' piece of information".
DrippingGoofball wrote:
popsofctown wrote:How did you "know" LMP was town today then?
OK you're shotgunning posts, so going strictly by memory, it was because of the ability he passed me. Scum would never give me that I after I shot down one of them.
Are you fishing for a reaction here? Cause something aint right.

DGB's "I was confused" doesn't make much sense to me either. DGB is a really smart player. This is not adding up.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

LMP, go read your role pm. The double vote is secret, no accountability.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

LMP, I am also confused by DGB's claim that she misunderstood her role so much that she didn't send in a night action. Seems like as night approached, she would at least say, "ok, I don't really understand this, but I want to watch Saint tonight and double vote" or something like that. She's a vet, she knows how bad not sending in a powerful night action like that is. Furthermore, confusion over her role seems to drastically increase the odds that the mod would realize his error. I think it's possible that her confusion was actually focused around whatever role purges people.

Wasn't fishing for a reaction, was trying to find a contradiction in her story. She then seemed to claim that you passed a PR to her, which didn't really need to be said. Don't know how she knows the PR came from you either.
"Well, I..."
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:29 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

LynchMePls wrote:pops isn't making sense with the doublevoter talk. If someone took the doublevote unannounced and used it to quickhammer now, they'd be obv lynched for it tomorrow. Reading to me like one of those "Look how town I am for observing this completely irrelevant but 'town-like' piece of information".
My personal opinion is that he is trying to get clues or just all out get us to publicly say who it was passed to last night, which is a bad idea.
popsofctown wrote:ninja'ed. CKD, could you take a break from effusing emotion and play some mafia? Claiming not to be scum doesn't help us. Saying that only scum would attack you with no other logic besides the fact that it's a mislynch doesn't help us.
What you could do is scumhunt, even if mislynched you can mark people so that the next lynch is more accurate. I don't know why I'm having to go IC mode on page 89 of a large theme, but I need to get more from you.
popsofctown wrote:q21, I wouldn't really worry about getting to the root of DGB's suspicions. You probably won't change her mind, and she's the one player who's not going to have to convince everyone else to agree with her to have your scalp..

Just keep hunting, more scum and less SKs though.
Coaching two in-trouble teammates FTW?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:35 am

Post by LimMePls »

I'm not saying anymore about the passing of my ability from last night, because I get the feeling that someone is trying to out information that I don't want to out.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

ROFLLL IAI accuses someone of rolefishing. loll

aaand the confirmation bias never ends. There's not even really a point in addressing your attacks anymore. I can't contradict your conclusion that I'm scum, because the premise for it is that I'm scum. And to disprove that premise, I'd have to disprove your earlier conclusion that I'm scum, for which the reasoning is that I'm scum. And to demonstrate the invalidity of that reasoning, I'd have to conclusively disprove the basis of that reasoning, which is that I am scum.

You're actually getting to that threshhold to where it's starting to get funny. Please keep going. (unless you somehow gain support for your nonsense, then please stop)
"Well, I..."
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:55 am

Post by LimMePls »

popsofctown is scum.

V/LA on weekends
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

mkay
popsofctown wrote: (unless you somehow gain support for your nonsense, then please stop)
"Well, I..."
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Hey guys how are we supposed to get rid of the tree stump since the virus is no more?
Our original plan was to use the virus to kill the treestump, but at the looks of it the treestump is going to make it to the end which we all didn't want.

~The following is a test of the emergency public announcement system. (AKA being able to edit a locked topic, which is a totally awesome and convenient ability to have as a mod. Just sayin'.
Last edited by The Eruci on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

popsofctown wrote:It's a hotly debated point atm. Me and diddin think the treestump ability should be removed early so it doesn't stick around longer than we want it to and functionally kill 1-2 townies at LyLo.

My opponents thinks getting possibly one, maybe, maaaybe two confirmed innocents off the ability is worth that risk.
If only someone had warned us. early on
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

But hey, the important thing is that the treestump is now our exclusive and reliable source of confirmed innocents, mirite.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

Ok, I'll stop whining now, I swear.
"Well, I..."
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Saint »

pops wrote:Aw, did Vi start to changer her mind about me but hide it in the QT? <3
Th-Th-Thaaaaat's not what you think it means! I-I'm not changing my mind on you at all! I totally don't have any feelings for you at all whatsoever!

Although if you're interested, the last thing I said in the QT involved explaining why ckd is being put up as Today's lynch. I don't think Furc buys it, I'm lukewarm about it - I think there are a handful of people who I more want to see lynched (Goofball, Bunnylover, Coug, pops?) and I wouldn't be surprised if ckd flips Town but I have no reason to argue AGAINST it.

Talking of which, I'm willing to bet that no matter who gets lynched Today, Goofball will hammer. Because that's how SKs do it.

For all the "buddying" pops is allegedly doing to Bunnylover, he hasn't said a word about Coug's sheep onto ckd :?

pops wrote:ROFLLL IAI accuses someone of rolefishing. loll
Your pops posts. Now with REAL PRO-TOWN MOTIVATION.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 am

Post by nhammen »

WrathChild wrote:Well I think we still need to address the non-pass of the Stump to TMH, which would implicate CKD as scum. If my Day Vig become active, I will probably shoot the stump. I'm gonna go back and look at the Q21 case, at this point I feel it may be my duty to Day-Vig him if the opportunity arises.
As previously stated, the non-pass is highly scummy, but ckd's interactions with RedCoyote don't look like scum. Unless RedCoyote is a lot better than I thought. For the Day-vig, there is a reason the stump was given to q21. But I don't see any chance of the Day-vig becoming active. So I hope that the purge can be used on q21 tonight, because he needs to be gone, and that stump needs to be gone.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Saint wrote:*ignoring it completely and continuing as if it weren't there, because it's completely indefensible[/i][/color]
Because you can't lynch me today anyway, on account of the ability I've been passed. And if you can convince a lot of players of what you are trying to convince them of, it's going to make it doubly useful.
implosion wrote:
ckd wrote:please explain to me how claiming is scummy
What reason does a town player have to say "hey guys, i'm a power role right now, scum can get rid of it by killing me tonight?" In effect, that's what claiming a power role does.
Yeah, DGB needs to read that too.
implosion wrote:Definitely a role that should be outed. It's a tracker. I didn't get anything useful out of it.
I tracked chkflip on N1, and saw him target Darla. When he flipped, and I saw his a ability revealed as Ability Remover, and then Darla claimed to have had the doctor N1, I was very worried. And then Saint came up with a plan to determine whether Darla was lying based on whether or not the Doctor ability was seen by who she passed it to. I was trying to breadcrumb as hard as I could that there was missing info. Eventually, I stated it right out. Apparently, the way I had assumed that chkflip's ability works was completely wrong though, so there was no reason to do any of this.
I Am Innocent wrote:Day Vig:
diddin
->
themanhimself
(stole the ability) -> StrangerCoug/randomly sent to WC -> WrathChild
I thought that Coug claimed to have retrieved the Day Vig from the void.
I Am Innocent wrote:Not sure what he is, but as long as it is just "questionable" or scum players getting taken out, he can live in my book. I see a very town player get purged, he is gone. (hint hint, q21/treestump is a very questionable person, hint hint)
Agree with this on every note. I would very much like to see q21 gone tomorrow night.
Saint wrote:he also appears to have more knowledge of the setup than anyone I've seen yet, while having the grammar of the uneducated.
Would you mind telling me what comment(s) of Bunny's you are referring to here?
The Eruci wrote:
I sincerely apologize for this, but it has been brought to my attention that there was a mod error in DrippingGoofball's final Day / Night Two Ability Message. DrippingGoofball has received a corrected Ability Message for that Night.
Lemme guess, DGB was supposed to get a Doctor message. This explains everything.
popsofctown wrote:Does anyone feel like every single subsequent post SC makes gets scummier and scummier? Like I seriously think his iso is ordered from town to scum.
lol
Early in the game, I actually decided not to send to him because he was too towie, and was a likely NK. Not any more.
q21 wrote:This question seemed innocuous at the time, but given that we now know she had 2 abilities it becomes suspect since if you have two abilities surely its obvious you can be passed two abilities. Unless one of your abilities is one that never passes - then you'd have to check, because if you can't be passed two abilities then letting slip later in the game that you had two abilities marks you out as different, ie. scum. Or SK as is probably more likely.
An actually good point from scum21. But pops says it best:
popsofctown wrote:q21 makes a good point about dgb-sk,but somehow sk hunting doesn't make me feel better about his alignment.
LynchMePls wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
popsofctown wrote:How did you "know" LMP was town today then?
OK you're shotgunning posts, so going strictly by memory, it was because of the ability he passed me. Scum would never give me that I after I shot down one of them.
Are you fishing for a reaction here? Cause something aint right.
You are right. How could DGB possibly know where whatever ability she has came from?
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:51 am

Post by nhammen »

implosion wrote:
q21 wrote:implosion - should I claim my day 1 role... I get the impression that that's the role you're suggesting is kept quiet.
Yeah, it is.
How did you know which ability you got D2 was from which person? Until I claimed to have had the tracker, you had no way of knowing it wasn't q21 that passed you the Trace.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Bunnylover »

popsofctown wrote:
popsofctown wrote:It's a hotly debated point atm. Me and diddin think the treestump ability should be removed early so it doesn't stick around longer than we want it to and functionally kill 1-2 townies at LyLo.

My opponents thinks getting possibly one, maybe, maaaybe two confirmed innocents off the ability is worth that risk.
I know we discussed the treestump before, but our plans to my knowledge was to get rid of it with the virus or vig. We know don't have the virus or vig to be used, so now the treestump is sticking around. Is their no other way to get rid of it?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:39 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:But hey, the important thing is that the treestump is now our exclusive and reliable source of confirmed innocents, mirite.
Yet you're the guy pushing a DGB lynch, which is probably our last hope to get rid of the stump. Yeah, your motives are totally protown. :roll:

BunnyLover, I addressed that as saying anyone with the Purge Ability should use it on q21 tonight. Scum & TreeStump gone. Are you even reading this thread?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:46 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:

And if we nail two scum (CKD by Lynch and q21 by Purge) and lose the treestump and Confirm two townies (me and Implosion) was it not worth it? Esp since the way we caught CKD was by telling him to pass it to TMH, and he didn't...

Pops, can I have your current Top 4 suspects for bad guys/SK?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:58 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Saint wrote:
I actually DO agree with pops about Coug. What, exactly, is Coug screwing in 2247? Fake appeal to emotion is indeed very fake, and a poor cover for jumping on the wagon.
My head hasn't been in this thread all game day and it shows. I was sick and tired of waiting for something to pique my interest and went back on a scumread that I announced earlier.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:58 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:ROFLLL IAI accuses someone of rolefishing. loll
And because you have really annoyed me, I think I'll go full on attack.

Please elaborate on the above accusation. This should be fun.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”