Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Fate »

WOULD YOU STOP FUCKING POSTING TO EACHOTHER.

STRANGER, WHAT IS YOUR VIEW ON AV ON MY DESK 4MINS GO.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Fate »

BENMAGE HAS MADE IT CLEAR 1000X TIMES AND OH GOOD LORD I WANT TO JUMP OF THE SEARS TOWER BECAUSE NOW IM DEFENDING HIM:

HE WANTED TO GET RID OF TMH BECAUSE TMH IS A LIABILITY. THIS IS PRO-TOWN BECAUSE TOWN IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT SHIT PLAYERS LIKE TMH. THE BONUS IS THAT TMH COULD VERY WELL BE SCUM ALSO, AS BEN KNOWS HIS OWN WEAK SPOT IN SCUMHUNTING IS TERRIBLE PLAYERS.

NOW I'LL HAVE NO MORE NON-AV-CENTERED POSTS.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:39 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Fate wrote:WOULD YOU STOP FUCKING POSTING TO EACHOTHER.

STRANGER, WHAT IS YOUR VIEW ON AV ON MY DESK 4MINS GO.
AurorosVox doesn't sit completely well with me. He can't go "Oh, I wasn't rolefishing" after trying to get you to fullclaim.
Fate wrote:
HE WANTED TO GET RID OF TMH BECAUSE TMH IS A LIABILITY. THIS IS PRO-TOWN BECAUSE TOWN IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT SHIT PLAYERS LIKE TMH.
A policy bomb, the close cousin (here) to the policy lynch. I'm not fond of policy lynches except Lynch All Liars (and I have exceptions for even
THAT
).
Fate wrote:
THE BONUS IS THAT TMH COULD VERY WELL BE SCUM ALSO, AS BEN KNOWS HIS OWN WEAK SPOT IN SCUMHUNTING IS TERRIBLE PLAYERS.
I'm still considering TMH-scum, but why the
HELL
did he announce a town read on him just before?
Fate wrote:NOW I'LL HAVE NO MORE NON-AV-CENTERED POSTS.
Sorry, but you are not king of the world. Unless you know this is 12:2 and you have a guilty on AurorusVox, other options are available.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Fate »

I AM KING OF THIS TOWN DAMN IT.

OK YOU ARENT FOND OF POLICY LYNCHES. THATS A DISAGREEMENT NOT GROUNDS FOR BACK AND FORTHS ENDLESSLY.

YOUR ONE LINE ON AV, "He sits with his ass off half the fence, its weird" ISNT GONNA CUT IT. YOUR VOTE NEEDS MOVIN
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:46 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

If it's any consolation, if themanhimself and Benmage are both town, you can push me off the Sears Tower. I'm not relenting on Benmage.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Fate wrote:"I want to know what kind of PR he is at the least
StrangerCoug wrote:AurorosVox doesn't sit completely well with me. He can't go "Oh, I wasn't rolefishing" after trying to get you to fullclaim.
AurorusVox wrote:I'm happy for a not-full claim
Where have I asked for what KIND of PR you are? Where have I asked for a fullclaim? I have stressed every single time that I don't want a FULL claim.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sorry—misunderstood what you wanted from Fate. I still think it's scummy to ask if he is a power role, however.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

I wouldn't have minded if he hadn't made the post about being a PR in such an ambiguous manner - it just seems to flirt with the PR/VT issue, as though its setting him up for either situation later on in the game. I got a lot of flak for pursuing an ambiguous softclaim in txtMafia, but I can't really understand why people are content to leave such loopholes open.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Benmage »

Thanks Fate for the defense, but thats the truth of it. TMH demonstrated that he doesn't deserve his vote. He can't be trusted to make proper decisions...god imagine him in lylo...I am vehemently against idiots in lylo because I've lost way to many town games that way and the upside is he has the potential to flip scum.

SC can stamp his feet in the sight of town precedents because he has nothing else to go on. He can say he doesn't like policy lynches personally, but that's subjective and of no reflection to me/my alignment (see my opinion on them). He still can't justify it as a logical scum move, because no scum would do what I did. Thats the end of it, and he has nothing. NO SCUM WOULD EVER DO WHAT I DID. SO WHAT IS THE REVERSE????? OH YEAH. YOU CAN ALL NOW READ ME AS CONFIRMED TOWN and we can progress from there. SC dislikes this cause..dunt dunt dunt...he's not with the town (moreover I bet he knows anyone worth anything should recognize my actions confirm me as town). He's playing dumb here, which is a telltale sign that SC is scum, just like I nailed him hard in a previous game. I don't accept SC playing dumb like this. He's better. But here, he's not town.
AurorusVox wrote:I wouldn't have minded if he hadn't made the post about being a PR in such an ambiguous manner
No. It suggests he's a PR. Just believe that and drop it. If he claims VT later hound him for that. But you won't live that long, cause newsflash: You die next.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Benmage wrote:SC can stamp his feet in the sight of town precedents because he has nothing else to go on. He can say he doesn't like policy lynches personally, but that's subjective and of no reflection to me/my alignment (see my opinion on them). He still can't justify it as a logical scum move, because no scum would do what I did.
I said no WIFOM games. Don't believe that it's possible for scum to do what you just did? Here how I came to this conclusion, point by point.
  • Unless we have crazy third party roles such as jester, lyncher, etc. you win by wiping out everybody not aligned with you.
  • Scum wins by wiping out the town (and enough opposing scum if any exist, but let's not get too complicated). Therefore, killing town is the best thing for them to do.
  • The more townies that are dead, the closer town is to winning.
  • Therefore, advocating the death of someone you believe is town is scummy.
And for extra credit:
  • Normally, the way people kill people in the day is by lynching them. That requires a majority.
    BUT...

• You gave themanhimself, who had no passes left, the bomb. That means unless a lynch happens or SpyreX defuses the bomb, he's screwed. You don't
    HAVE
    to get a majority agreement to do that, therefore, in theory, you need to convince fewer people that themanhimself is scum. (In practice, getting a lot of people to believe your case is still a good idea.)
  • Since you needed to convince fewer people to convince that themanhimself is scum, it's the next best way for town to get a town death with minimal effort. The last time I checked, zero counts as "fewer" since a Mafia game requires at least three players to run and two would be a majority in that case.
Now do you accept my logic that you're scummy and is any response going to be a valid defense, or is the back and forth between "you doomed a townie" and "scum wouldn't do this in a million years" going to go on? I am sick and tired of explaining this to you and I am resisting the temptation to insult you right now.
Benmage wrote:He's playing dumb here, which is a telltale sign that SC is scum, just like I nailed him hard in a previous game.
Ah, yes. I remember that game. The possibility that I was scum was tossed around, and not just with you. But guess what? Not enough people were able to agree on this, and I made it out alive. It may have come to a surprise to me, but still, I enjoyed the victory. Part of being town requires convincing other people that you caught scum. Fate thinks you and I are having a pissing contest; hitorogoshi appears to be able to go either way on you while it isn't clear what he thinks of my part of this exchange (the last I remember though, he's leaning scum on me); other people's reads on us are not coming to mind right now. It's apparently lose-lose, but we have demonstrated that we are hell-bent on getting the other lynched, so surely more people will chime in, and one of us will get what we want.

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Fate »

AurorusVox wrote:
Fate wrote:"I want to know what kind of PR he is at the least
StrangerCoug wrote:AurorosVox doesn't sit completely well with me. He can't go "Oh, I wasn't rolefishing" after trying to get you to fullclaim.
AurorusVox wrote:I'm happy for a not-full claim
Where have I asked for what KIND of PR you are? Where have I asked for a fullclaim? I have stressed every single time that I don't want a FULL claim.
EXACTLY. YOU SHOULD WANT TO KNOW IF YOU THINK IM SCUM.

YOURE COVERING YOUR ASS LIKE A SCUMBAG, AND ROLEFISHING OF A CERTAIN VARIETY THAT YOU HOPE WOULD NOT BE SEEN AS SCUMMY.

AND DONT YOU USE BULLSHIT META EXAMPLES FROM ANOTHER GAME. DO YOU ROLEFISH A SOFTCLAIMED MASON? DO YOU ASK HIM: IZ U MASON BUDDIES OR IZ U GAMBITZ?

ALL WILL BE REVEALED IN TIME. YOU SHOULD ONLY CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, YOU SHOULD EITHER THINK IM TOWN OR SCUM, AND PLAY ACCORDINGLY. THIS MIDDLE OF THE ROAD SHIT IS
WHY YOU ARE OBVSCUM
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Fate »

Stranger, I think NS is probtown if AV flips scum.

I'll be passing the first bomb I get to NS tomorrow after AV flips scum.

Now call us BOTH scum, or shut the fuck up.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Benmage »

You didn't get lynched because someone screwed up their claim of a non-normal role in a normal game. You got lucky. Probably would've lost to SpyreX, but still.----bedtime.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hey ns, what brings you to the transton towers?
SC wrote:hitorogoshi appears to be able to go either way on you while it isn't clear what he thinks of my part of this exchange (the last I remember though, he's leaning scum on me)
*goroshi

I want NS and AV out first so I haven't given it too much thought to be honest. You're straight null with the recent upswing of activity. If I had to pick ONE interpretation and stick to it I'd agree with Fate that the two of you are probably both townies. Not quite as certain on it as Fate but whatever, we can revisit it if we haven't straight-up WON when AV and NS and Kat are dead.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 2.12

• Benmage
    (3) (themanhimself - Nobody Special - StrangerCoug)

themanhimself
    (1) (Katsuki)

Katsuki
    (1) (Benmage)

AurorusVox
    (1) (Fate)

Not Voting
    (4) (SpyreX - AurorusVox - hitogoroshi - AntB)

Bomb possessed by: themanhimself (No Passes Left)
With ten alive, it takes six to lynch.

Current Deadline: Feb. 26th, 2011 at 1:30 AM (CST)
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Request Replacement

My head is really not in the state to play mafia properly as of late (past few weeks). RC probably not happy with my inactivity too. :(

Apologies, and gl town!

No, that's fine, Kat. Sometimes you just need a break. I completely understand.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:20 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Oh, look, I'm back from V/LA.

I still think Ben is either scum or 3rd party; I think SCoug is scummy (but playing really well); and Fate is being his usual self (you'll forgive me for not answering your insulting and personal questions. Or you won't, I don't much care either way).

Hito, two reasons, please, for my apparent scumminess?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:38 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Benmage wrote:
AurorusVox wrote:I wouldn't have minded if he hadn't made the post about being a PR in such an ambiguous manner
No. It suggests he's a PR. Just believe that and drop it. If he claims VT later hound him for that. But you won't live that long, cause newsflash: You die next.
So we are all to believe that it is a legit PR claim and that he cannot now claim VT. THIS is all I wanted to hear - albeit from him - and you yourself seem to understand that having it clarified is good - or rather that it's already clear. WHY is it bad for me to want the clarification that you seem to already have? If the information is already out there, why is me clarifying it any different from you already having it clarified in your head? How can you say on the one hand that I'm rolefishing him when all I want to hear has apparently ALREADY been said? Is it because you're just trying to push my mislynch without actually thinking it through? Yeah I guess it must be.

---
Fate wrote:EXACTLY. YOU SHOULD WANT TO KNOW IF YOU THINK IM SCUM.

YOURE COVERING YOUR ASS LIKE A SCUMBAG, AND ROLEFISHING OF A CERTAIN VARIETY THAT YOU HOPE WOULD NOT BE SEEN AS SCUMMY.

AND DONT YOU USE BULLSHIT META EXAMPLES FROM ANOTHER GAME. DO YOU ROLEFISH A SOFTCLAIMED MASON? DO YOU ASK HIM: IZ U MASON BUDDIES OR IZ U GAMBITZ?

ALL WILL BE REVEALED IN TIME. YOU SHOULD ONLY CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, YOU SHOULD EITHER THINK IM TOWN OR SCUM, AND PLAY ACCORDINGLY. THIS MIDDLE OF THE ROAD SHIT IS
WHY YOU ARE OBVSCUM
So if I think you're town, I should ignore everything that looks to be a scumtell? I should just say "Yep I think Fate is town anything bad he does from now on out I'll just pretend I didn't see and that he's Townie McTownface"?

IF YOU'RE TOWN, I don't want to hear what PR you are since fullclaiming helps scum. Why did you keep insisting I was asking you to fullclaim when it's apparently part of your case that I wasn't asking you to fullclaim?
IF YOU'RE SCUM, I don't want you to have the wiggleroom to claim VT later on. Apparently, according to Ben, you've already solidly claimed PR - all I was asking for was clarification on that particular claim, I wasn't asking for any more than what you'd already been happy to say yourself.

Asking for that clarification satisfies both of those situations. Yes it's middle ground but that's because it WORKS as middle ground in this case.

And don't try to pass this off as a regular softclaim. It was a LULZALLCAPS SARCASTIC CLAIM. I think it would have been very easy for you to have pretended that was a joke. It looked scummy. So yes I pushed you on it. If you'd softclaimed in a less reversible manner, I probably WOULD have let it slide.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:26 am

Post by RedCoyote »

DrippingGoofball is replacing Katsuki. Thanks, DGB!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:32 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Nobody Special wrote:Oh, look, I'm back from V/LA.

I still think Ben is either scum or 3rd party; I think SCoug is scummy (but playing really well); and Fate is being his usual self (you'll forgive me for not answering your insulting and personal questions. Or you won't, I don't much care either way).

Hito, two reasons, please, for my apparent scumminess?
My question first.
Hey ns, what brings you to the transton towers?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I'm sorry, I really don't understand your question.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:41 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Hello

My name is DrippingGoofball and I am here to lynch.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Fate »

Good lord, not her.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:33 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Nobody Special wrote:I'm sorry, I really don't understand your question.
You are Norman Neighbor. You are at the Transton Towers. Why?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Fate »

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”