Newbie 1046: Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:52 am

Post by StefanB »

Okay that's for me the right linch.

Haylen wrote:
As i've said, I've never seen newbie scum take the time and effort to do a full vote count analysis followed by graphs and if I'm reading him correctly, most of what's been said about him seems to be genuine mistakes he's made.
How often have you seen newbie town doing it? We don't kniw how common graphs are for AwesomePoe, so I could be that that isn't that much work for him. And some of his post just make no sense from a town perspective.
1) Yep, I find meta to be extremely important in games, probably because my favourite topic in psychology is Individual Differences. Impossible, there have been games where I have failed to change my meta and totally failed. The failproof way to find out my alignment is to see if I genuinely believe what I'm arguing. If I do, then I'm town. That's an observation by a player who knows me extremely well and has seen samples of my play over the past 2 years. I consider meta to be important if the person has played enough games (enough to qualify as an IC), otherwise I don't advocate it's usage.
Thanks for telling us that. In think your secret scumtell is somethink that can help us with ofter players too.
I give you that meta may be a good weapon to judge players, but to convice the rest of the players you should either:
a) give them enought that the can see the meta themselfs.
b) search for thinks that support x=scum more that are provable, because lynching only on your word is somethink I have problems with (that goes for every player

Metaquestion:
1. If have heared that meta is more effective if you have played that game yourself. In your experience right?

I try to give an isocase for AP tomorrow. (yeah really short befor deadline, sorry) If you rather want an other lynch fight for that lynch.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Nobody Special »

So, hi. I'm back from V/LA. And I have 16 pages to read.

@Mod: I hate to ask, but is there any way at all we can get a deadline extension until Monday?
I'm not really sure I'll be able to do my best with deadline two days away.

But I'm reading now, in any event.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:15 am

Post by hurristat »

Ghostlin: so, aside from the infamous doc fishing post, why do you think I'm scum?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Ghostlin »

hurristat wrote:Ghostlin: so, aside from the infamous doc fishing post, why do you think I'm scum?
Actually, that's not the most scummy; the most scummy thing I see is the fact all of Day 1 and most of the beginning of Day 2, you've seem reluctant to scum hunt, and have been sort of wishy washy in some of your posts. It took you 11 posts from beginning of Day 2 to vote AP; even though you had no less than three lists that said you found him to be the most scummy. You have 41 posts, which means your activity is great, but when you look at what you're actually using them for; it causes active lurking concerns.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Stefan, who is it that you're considering as the "right lynch"? Hurri?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Noc: I think he wants an AP lynch.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: Never mind, I shouldn't speak for SB.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Ghostlin wrote:Noc: I think he wants an AP lynch.
I'm just uncertain because he posts that after your hurri PBP but has had AP as top suspect for a lot today.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Okay. I'm through page four. I don't like making a lot of concrete accusations while not reading the Current Day, so I'll just say that I'm forming some opinions. Not sure how much later I'm going to be up tonight, but tomorrow is pretty much going to be devoted to this game.
....what?

GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

Day Two Vote Count #8

4 AwesomePoe (StefanB, hurristat, Zachrulez, Ghostlin)
2 Zachrulez (Haylen, AwesomePoe)
1 hurristat (Nocmen)

With
alive it takes
to lynch. Deadline is
February 13
at 8:30 PM CST.

Not Voting – 1 – Nobody Special

Mod Note
: I am extending the deadline by
two days
and no more. I may have been willing to move it to Monday (or later) had Nobody Special alerted me of his V/LA (the first I heard of it was when he
returned
from V/LA), and the deadline will not be moved again absent extraordinarily unlikely circumstances.
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Thank you!! and: My apologies abut the V/LA. I sent a PM to the Mods of all my games; since I had
just
replaced into this game, I neglected to include you.

but thank you for the extension.
....what?

hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by hurristat »

A couple of things:

1) It's good that we have another couple extra days to work with
2) What does PBP stand for?

Ghostlin: If you're so adamant (that might not be the right word here, but whatever) that AP is not mafia, then why did you switch to AP and not me?
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:32 am

Post by StefanB »

Sorry Nocmen: I meant the APLynch. That was a little timezoneproblem, I was happy that AP got from back from L-3 to L-1, that I didn't think about what it meaned that I posted that after Ghostlins case on Hurristat. So Ghostlin is correct.
Hurristat: PBP means Post by Post aka a complet analysis.
Okay deadline-extention: Thanks GLaDOS, even if a sundaydeadline will be difficult (just saying).
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

hurristat wrote:A couple of things:

1) It's good that we have another couple extra days to work with
2) What does PBP stand for?

Ghostlin: If you're so adamant (that might not be the right word here, but whatever) that AP is not mafia, then why did you switch to AP and not me?
PBP=Post by post. It meant I gave you analysis of all of your posts on ISO, or isolation, by themselves.

Hurri, to be honest, I like your lynch over AP's today, however, it doesn't really matter because I voted AP back to L-1 before the deadline extension, and a lynch, any lynch would give us information versus a no lynch today. AP is the lynch that's going to fly, and the fact is, anything that's been said about AP still hasn't magically been erased today. I only have a hunch, a suspicion that AP is innocent of anything. At a point, town needs to lynch someone, and we can't seem to get the all important votes for either a Zach or you lynch, and I'm not confident that I'm persuavive enough to make something like that materalize before deadline.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:00 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: tl;dr: Town must lynch today, there's a good chance that AP could still be scum and Ghostlin's gut is not good enough to make lynch policy decisions on, and while certain members of town aren't convinced, there is enough town that is convinced at the moment.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:29 am

Post by StefanB »

Okay AwesomePoe:

Iso 0: Starts by voting Deer (RVS probably), follos WIR on that waggon, gives a strange ressons for that.
He has already given me such a scummy void, his post are like black darkness bottoming out under the universe.

ISO 2: Unvotes Deer, FOS WIR. Exect being snarky, not very suspicios.

ISO 3: Votes WIR for the Deerconfirmationvote. Second on a waggon started by Halen.

ISO 4: Scum would never do... Don't like that. Tryes to beginning questioning Ghostlin and me about Ghostlin.

After that Post he vanished for 1 Day. He vanished afterwards some more.

ISO 5: Defends himself against Chkflip, does stop the Ghostlinquestioning in a confusing way.

ISO 6: Unconfuse the Ghostlinstory (or tryes to anyway), forms some mild suspicion on Hurri and asks Deer a question.

ISO 7: Completly about WIR. Want's him to defend himself. Interesting he doesn't defend himself much later.

End of day 1, mostly about WIR, very tunelling, lurker.

Day 2:

ISO 8: His vottinganaylise. While that was okay (Problems some Unvoteperiods are missing and Ghostlins short first WIRVote)
His analysis isn't good and sometimes unlogical. Had problems with it, but Post 8 alone was not scummy.
Votes Nikitakit part of a waggon.

ISO 11: His first stating that reasons don't matter and that my vote is worth less because of day 1.
Tryes to downplay his one waggoning. Switch on the Chkflipposition which had a good read before.

ISO 12: Unvotes Nikitakit and doesn't vote for some time.
From that on he calls me scummy, but doesn't vote for me. The nice acidentendly hammer argument.

ISO 13: The post were he convinced me that he is scum. He tryes to play it as his big victory, that he now has my
reasons. Reason he never wanted that were easy to find in the game.
Moves to Haylen. After that he had his case from me, he never responded to.

ISO 14: Tryes to slow the game down. Not very important for me but one of his better posts.

ISO 15: Haylenattack 2: Again says reasons that time Haylens don't matter.

ISO 17: Does again talk about Haylen.
His first reason for attacks at the moment: frustration.

ISO 19: Another very scummy one.
For him Ghostlin is town.
Sees Nikitakit and Chkflip different because Nikitakit asked about replacement and Chkflip just vanished.
The docspeculation in the terrible Ghostlinsplaychanchepart.
The Hurristat is scummy because he posted only shortly after GLados opened the tread again (unfortunatly it was about
1,5 hours afterwards) argument. Acouses Hurristat of Docfishing.
Votes Hurristat

ISO 20:

More on Hurristat after 19.
His we must chance because of WIRselfhammer and Night 1.
His very strange will lynch Deer first commend.

ISO 22: Asked Hurristat about his comment on WIRsselfhammer, which is very strange.

ISO 23: Not defence against the docisue.
Softclaims town.
More an dead WIR.

ISO 25: His defence against Zach. Not a very good one.
Most important point for him seems to be the 8 sentences.

Defends himself in ISO 26 and 27 by accusing Zach.

ISO 30: His townclaim, not much defense else.
Votes Deer

ISO 31: Votes Zach for his attack on Ghostlin and his general plan. Says nothink about the confusing ISO 30 caused.
Opportunistic vote?

ISO 32: More an Zach. Tryes to anylyses the hammercandidates.

Okay, I tryed to be as fair as a cold and listed his posts that I think are important.
Just to say it, I was suspicios on AP at the begging of day 2, he really earnt his vote on this day.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by hurristat »

Ghostlin wrote:Hurri, to be honest, I like your lynch over AP's today, however, it doesn't really matter because I voted AP back to L-1 before the deadline extension, and a lynch, any lynch would give us information versus a no lynch today.
Fair enough -- it just seemed kind of "flip-floppy" when you switched at first, but this makes sense.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Haylen »

I'm seeing both of the last PBPA's as very IIOA'y (information instead of analysis-y). Neither of them give an opinion on each post which is what a PBPA is supposed to be. What Ghostlin and Stefan just did was look like they were generating lots of content when they actually weren't (i say this more about Ghostlin than about Stefan)
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by hurristat »

AwesomePoe: Since you're at L-1 with the deadline looming: is there any reason why we shouldn't lynch you?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Haylen wrote:I'm seeing both of the last PBPA's as very IIOA'y (information instead of analysis-y). Neither of them give an opinion on each post which is what a PBPA is supposed to be. What Ghostlin and Stefan just did was look like they were generating lots of content when they actually weren't (i say this more about Ghostlin than about Stefan)
Frankly, Haylen, the hurri one was difficult. There's not a lot of content to be had if you read him in ISO, particularly late Day 1 going into Day 2. Zach gave me more to work with. (Now compare the post numbers, and find out why have a problem with it.) My biggest complaint about hurri is that he's playing it very safe in some respects: it took him 11 posts Day 2 to have a concrete opinion on who was scum, and when he did, it didn't deviate much from what town already had.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Someone should just hammer Poe. Running someone else up at this point is going to have to be done quickly and there won't be enough time to allow for a claim or reaction to a claim if one comes.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Haylen »

Hmm. I'm not willing to hammer Poe based on what he's being accused of. Although I do find it not cool that he disappeared 3 days before deadline, he's due a prod cause THE NICE NEW ACTIVITY OVERVIEW SAYS HE DOES!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE <3

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Haylen »

I should have said I would be willing to deadline-hammer though since the town needs all the info they can get.

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:23 am

Post by Ghostlin »

You know who'd I'd really like to hear from?

I'd like to hear from NS. Seriously.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:42 am

Post by StefanB »

I would also like to hear more from NS, even if it's only an "I am at page ..." post.

Haylen: I didn't try to make new content. I just wanted to give an overview on AwesomePoes play, what has he done what are the most important thinks on his play, what is the case against him...
I thought since he is one of the lynchkandidates my post could help people who are not sure or are NS to see what was important of his play.
AwesomePoe vanishing is nothing new.
Also:
THE NICE NEW ACTIVITY OVERVIEW SAYS HE DOES!!!
Were is that from?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”